Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pride tomorrow 23:04 - Jun 26 with 17821 viewsDarran

Another complete and utter waste of the countries money.
Just f*ck off and get on with your lives.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Pride tomorrow on 10:12 - Jun 28 with 1332 viewsJackSomething

Pride tomorrow on 08:33 - Jun 28 by perchrockjack

Hump.
If you haven't the intelligence to comment on what is posted then don't.

Wtf have I said me ol fella hates gays..

Contempt, pity yes but not hate, there sea difference.

Perverted sodomites yes.

it's not hard.

Don't draw conclusions as others do. It's been pointed out before.

Tricky.

Splitting hairs Perch. Contempt is 'disapproval tinged with disgust', while hatred is 'prejudiced hostility or animosity'. Not that far from each other.

"If you haven't the intelligence to comment on what is posted" - beyond parody.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Pride tomorrow on 11:40 - Jun 28 with 1286 viewsItchySphincter

Pride tomorrow on 10:12 - Jun 28 by JackSomething

Splitting hairs Perch. Contempt is 'disapproval tinged with disgust', while hatred is 'prejudiced hostility or animosity'. Not that far from each other.

"If you haven't the intelligence to comment on what is posted" - beyond parody.

It's just a typical case of one side of the argument not being able to accept the other side. Nothing new. There's only one or two dinosaurs on this thread but a fair few just can't help themselves.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Pride tomorrow on 13:46 - Jun 28 with 1229 viewsLeonisGod

Pride tomorrow on 21:18 - Jun 27 by perchrockjack

Lisa.
It is absolutely possible to not accept homosexuality. Biblical references make it clear man shalt not with man. Fundamental to many evangelical Christians.
Homosexuality is an abomination, it says, in the Old Testament.

You ll find the scripture near to the ones stating women obeying and serving their husband.

You are not correct, as you are not so with many of our posts but as they are articulate and rancour free..normally..it's ok by me.

Oh, she's correct alright. But there's so much disgusting homophobia on here it's scarey.
Pride tomorrow on 14:26 - Jun 28 with 1206 viewsskippyjack

Pride tomorrow on 18:15 - Jun 27 by exiledclaseboy

But not surprising given Farage's comments about HIV sufferers pre-election. But I take the point.

What has HIV got to do with being gay?.. The paranoia with you and farage is alarming..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Pride tomorrow on 14:45 - Jun 28 with 1200 viewsHighjack

Pride tomorrow on 14:26 - Jun 28 by skippyjack

What has HIV got to do with being gay?.. The paranoia with you and farage is alarming..

There's slightly more chance of it being transmitted between homosexual men because there's more chance of bleeding happening with anal sex.

It's hardly ever transmitted between lesbians though so it's all swings and roundabouts.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Pride tomorrow on 15:47 - Jun 28 with 1175 viewsDavillin

Pride tomorrow on 11:40 - Jun 28 by ItchySphincter

It's just a typical case of one side of the argument not being able to accept the other side. Nothing new. There's only one or two dinosaurs on this thread but a fair few just can't help themselves.

You might clarify for me your first sentence, please.

Which "side" is the "one side of the argument" that is not able to accept the other side?

It seems to me that one should more accurately say that there are persons on both sides of the argument who are not able to accept the other side.

That is the basis of the extreme hypocrisy of some. "My opinion is the only right opinion, and if you don't agree, you're a bigot" [or substitute any other pejorative you wish].

By the way, is "dinosaurs" an example of name-calling of people with whom you disagree? One could -- with a bit of a stretch -- see that as a compliment.

Nah.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Pride tomorrow on 15:52 - Jun 28 with 1166 viewsDr_Winston

I just don't get why some people feel that they have the right to decide about who other people choose to jump into bed with or marry. It doesn't impact on them in any way, shape or form so why give a shit?

Is it inherent nosiness, a misguided sense of superiority or just a form of OCD?

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Pride tomorrow on 16:28 - Jun 28 with 1145 viewsDavillin

Pride tomorrow on 15:52 - Jun 28 by Dr_Winston

I just don't get why some people feel that they have the right to decide about who other people choose to jump into bed with or marry. It doesn't impact on them in any way, shape or form so why give a shit?

Is it inherent nosiness, a misguided sense of superiority or just a form of OCD?

This post has been edited by an administrator

First, by way of disclaimer, I have no idea why people feel that they have the right to do anything.

Second, your last sentence gives three alternatives, all derogatory, which is itself judgmental. And very likely none of which explain all, perhaps even some, of the reasons why people have differing attitudes on the subject.

Third, I just don't get why some people feel that they have the right to decide what other people are allowed to have a contrary opinion about. [Sometimes even any opinion about anything.]

And therein lie the bases for most of the false arguments throughout this thread.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Login to get fewer ads

Pride tomorrow on 16:50 - Jun 28 with 1135 viewslondonlisa2001

Pride tomorrow on 16:28 - Jun 28 by Davillin

First, by way of disclaimer, I have no idea why people feel that they have the right to do anything.

Second, your last sentence gives three alternatives, all derogatory, which is itself judgmental. And very likely none of which explain all, perhaps even some, of the reasons why people have differing attitudes on the subject.

Third, I just don't get why some people feel that they have the right to decide what other people are allowed to have a contrary opinion about. [Sometimes even any opinion about anything.]

And therein lie the bases for most of the false arguments throughout this thread.

Your argument is inherently flawed.

Both sides are 'allowed' to have whatever opinion they like. The difference is that one side tries to interfere in the way that other people live their lives as a result of their opinion and the other side doesn't try to do anything of the sort but simply expresses their disagreement with the first person.
Pride tomorrow on 16:56 - Jun 28 with 1126 viewsdgt73

Pride tomorrow on 16:50 - Jun 28 by londonlisa2001

Your argument is inherently flawed.

Both sides are 'allowed' to have whatever opinion they like. The difference is that one side tries to interfere in the way that other people live their lives as a result of their opinion and the other side doesn't try to do anything of the sort but simply expresses their disagreement with the first person.

Wrong again - what grown adults want to do in the privacy of their own homes is up to them - when they choose to parade down the streets of this country, openly making a statement - then i think I'm allowed to pass comment - and that is god made Adam & eve - not Adam & Steve.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Pride tomorrow on 17:07 - Jun 28 with 1112 viewslondonlisa2001

Pride tomorrow on 16:56 - Jun 28 by dgt73

Wrong again - what grown adults want to do in the privacy of their own homes is up to them - when they choose to parade down the streets of this country, openly making a statement - then i think I'm allowed to pass comment - and that is god made Adam & eve - not Adam & Steve.

It's not wrong again.

You are allowed to say you believe it to be wrong that they parade, just not to try to stop them doing so. If you think people should not be allowed to parade then you are trying to stop them doing something. By allowing them to parade I am not stopping you doing anything at all since it has no impact on your life whatsoever.

And the whole Adam and Steve bit is so pathetic as to be unreal. Even if you believe that 'God' made anyone at all, what happened to their kids then? How did they have kids to populate the world unless they reproduced with their brothers / sisters? Incest rules in Genesis eh? It's an abhorrence to be gay but having kids with your siblings is great! Or is that something that hadn't occurred to you when trotting out such platitudes?

Do you ever wonder why it is that you are so bothered by it all? If it has no impact on your life whatsoever do you not think your extreme reaction to it may be caused by some sort of deep seated insecurity in yourself?

I'm quite surprised you like the Dutch so much - they are a pretty liberal bunch you know. Sleep with anyone over there!
Pride tomorrow on 17:13 - Jun 28 with 1102 viewsdgt73

Pride tomorrow on 17:07 - Jun 28 by londonlisa2001

It's not wrong again.

You are allowed to say you believe it to be wrong that they parade, just not to try to stop them doing so. If you think people should not be allowed to parade then you are trying to stop them doing something. By allowing them to parade I am not stopping you doing anything at all since it has no impact on your life whatsoever.

And the whole Adam and Steve bit is so pathetic as to be unreal. Even if you believe that 'God' made anyone at all, what happened to their kids then? How did they have kids to populate the world unless they reproduced with their brothers / sisters? Incest rules in Genesis eh? It's an abhorrence to be gay but having kids with your siblings is great! Or is that something that hadn't occurred to you when trotting out such platitudes?

Do you ever wonder why it is that you are so bothered by it all? If it has no impact on your life whatsoever do you not think your extreme reaction to it may be caused by some sort of deep seated insecurity in yourself?

I'm quite surprised you like the Dutch so much - they are a pretty liberal bunch you know. Sleep with anyone over there!

Who wants to stop them parading ? I don't. Let them do what they want...but as i said since they are parading down public streets that i ( tax payer ) has payed for I'm entitled to pass comment.

Pride tomorrow on 17:16 - Jun 28 with 1099 viewsexiledclaseboy

Pride tomorrow on 14:26 - Jun 28 by skippyjack

I'm still waiting for you to tell me what my "real views" about things are. You claim to be all knowing. Either put up or shut the f*ck up and let the grown ups talk.

Poll: Tory leader

Pride tomorrow on 17:20 - Jun 28 with 1092 viewsexiledclaseboy

Pride tomorrow on 17:13 - Jun 28 by dgt73

Who wants to stop them parading ? I don't. Let them do what they want...but as i said since they are parading down public streets that i ( tax payer ) has payed for I'm entitled to pass comment.

Has anyone told you that you're not allowed to pass comment? Nope. That's just one of the many straw men on this thread. What we have here is people disagreeing with you. A crucial part of any debate. And frankly as your only argument is "Adam and Steve" it's no wonder. I do enjoy it when people claim bible justifications for their own prejudices.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2015 17:22]

Pride tomorrow on 17:21 - Jun 28 with 1090 viewslondonlisa2001

Pride tomorrow on 17:13 - Jun 28 by dgt73

As has been already discussed, Pride paid for policing, road closures, cleanup costs and everything else, so you haven't "payed" (sic) for anything.
Pride tomorrow on 17:24 - Jun 28 with 1082 viewsdgt73

Pride tomorrow on 17:21 - Jun 28 by londonlisa2001

As has been already discussed, Pride paid for policing, road closures, cleanup costs and everything else, so you haven't "payed" (sic) for anything.

Oh yes i have - the very streets they are walking down.

Pride tomorrow on 17:25 - Jun 28 with 1078 viewslondonlisa2001

Pride tomorrow on 17:24 - Jun 28 by dgt73

Oh yes i have - the very streets they are walking down.

Oh I didn't realise that you had paid for Oxford Street and Whitehall. Well done. You've obviously been a lot more successful in life than one would imagine from reading your posts.
Pride tomorrow on 17:27 - Jun 28 with 1072 viewsexiledclaseboy

Pride tomorrow on 17:25 - Jun 28 by londonlisa2001

Oh I didn't realise that you had paid for Oxford Street and Whitehall. Well done. You've obviously been a lot more successful in life than one would imagine from reading your posts.

Big bucks in air conditioning.

Pride tomorrow on 17:27 - Jun 28 with 1070 viewsdgt73

Pride tomorrow on 17:20 - Jun 28 by exiledclaseboy

Has anyone told you that you're not allowed to pass comment? Nope. That's just one of the many straw men on this thread. What we have here is people disagreeing with you. A crucial part of any debate. And frankly as your only argument is "Adam and Steve" it's no wonder. I do enjoy it when people claim bible justifications for their own prejudices.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2015 17:22]

I look forward to the next EDL, NF march and hope you'll be as supportive.

Pride tomorrow on 17:30 - Jun 28 with 1062 viewsdgt73

Pride tomorrow on 17:25 - Jun 28 by londonlisa2001

I can tell you are on the ropes Lisa. I am a tax payer - so whether you like it or not, I have payed towards the infrastructure of this country.

Pride tomorrow on 17:31 - Jun 28 with 1063 viewsexiledclaseboy

Pride tomorrow on 17:27 - Jun 28 by dgt73

I fully support the right of those people to march and demonstrate. Said as much in this thread. Whether I agree with them or not is entirely irrelevant.

Pride tomorrow on 17:33 - Jun 28 with 1052 viewsdgt73

Pride tomorrow on 17:31 - Jun 28 by exiledclaseboy

I fully support the right of those people to march and demonstrate. Said as much in this thread. Whether I agree with them or not is entirely irrelevant.

Exactly my opinion on gay pride.....we finally agree on something....

Pride tomorrow on 17:36 - Jun 28 with 1045 viewsdgt73

Pride tomorrow on 17:27 - Jun 28 by exiledclaseboy

Big bucks in air conditioning.

When i look around, i feel vey happy with what I've got - not bad for someone who left school at 16 with qualifications not worth the paper they were written on.

Pride tomorrow on 17:38 - Jun 28 with 1039 viewsexiledclaseboy

Pride tomorrow on 17:36 - Jun 28 by dgt73

When i look around, i feel vey happy with what I've got - not bad for someone who left school at 16 with qualifications not worth the paper they were written on.

Quite right too. Much the same here, except that I left school with more or less no qualifications.

Pride tomorrow on 17:55 - Jun 28 with 1024 viewsItchySphincter

Pride tomorrow on 17:27 - Jun 28 by dgt73

I bet you will. I'm sure you'll have your balaclava ready.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024