Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pride tomorrow 23:04 - Jun 26 with 17853 viewsDarran

Another complete and utter waste of the countries money.
Just f*ck off and get on with your lives.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Pride tomorrow on 16:28 - Jun 29 with 1511 viewsexiledclaseboy

Ah we're on to the Glorious 12th. A few more pages of fun to be had here.

For the record, I support the Orange Order's right to assemble and march, as odd a bunch as they are.I also support the right of the residents of the areas they march through not to feel intimidated and threatened.

There, I think that's covered that.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2015 16:32]

Poll: Tory leader

Pride tomorrow on 16:29 - Jun 29 with 1503 viewsLohengrin

Pride tomorrow on 16:28 - Jun 29 by exiledclaseboy

Ah we're on to the Glorious 12th. A few more pages of fun to be had here.

For the record, I support the Orange Order's right to assemble and march, as odd a bunch as they are.I also support the right of the residents of the areas they march through not to feel intimidated and threatened.

There, I think that's covered that.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2015 16:32]

Plastic leftie!

EDIT: By the way, the "Glorious 12th" is a reference to the opening of the hunting season, not the Orange Walks.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2015 16:31]

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Pride tomorrow on 16:30 - Jun 29 with 1500 viewslondonlisa2001

Pride tomorrow on 16:20 - Jun 29 by Lohengrin

The 12th is about freedom of conscience, thought and assembly. I thought you'd have favoured that, love?

I don't have issues with it at all Loh as I said. I believe that they should be allowed to parade (which they have after all been doing for a long long time) and I'm pleased that the last few years have seen it become a much less tense affair.

I find it incredibly difficult to get worked up either way about anything to do with Protestants vs Catholics as a concept though. It all seems strange to me in some ways, although I believe in absolute equality of opportunity and non discrimination for both communities, in Northern Ireland and anywhere else where it remains an issue.

I had a good friend in college whose parents were blown up by the IRA. They thankfully survived as one of the three bombs used didn't go off, so I know a little of the personal cost of these things. I also know that it is complicated and very very difficult to understand from the outside.
Pride tomorrow on 16:34 - Jun 29 with 1471 viewsexiledclaseboy

Pride tomorrow on 16:29 - Jun 29 by Lohengrin

Plastic leftie!

EDIT: By the way, the "Glorious 12th" is a reference to the opening of the hunting season, not the Orange Walks.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2015 16:31]

It's used for both, as you full well know.

Poll: Tory leader

Pride tomorrow on 22:51 - Jun 29 with 1374 viewsCurcubita_Ultra

King Billy and The Grouse of Orange......?
Pride tomorrow on 07:07 - Jul 1 with 1314 viewsHumpty

Pride tomorrow on 08:17 - Jun 29 by perchrockjack

Hump.

He s 90 probably three times your age .

He s a good man .

You clearly are human garbage and frankly I d willingly love to rip your face off.

Sorry everyone to drag this car crash of a thread up again but I felt a need to after just reading it again. I owe Perch an apology.

Perch, I stand by everything I posted on that thread but shouldn't have posted the last line. I'm sure you're old man is a lovely old bloke. I don't know him. Maybe it would best if you didn't drag him into arguments he doesn't know are actually happening. Just a thought.

You dragged your Dad into an argument to support your own bigotry and I reacted to that. I also have family reasons in this argument.

Anyway, I'm sorry for what I said.

As for ripping my face off. Grow up you old tw*t.
Pride tomorrow on 08:59 - Jul 1 with 1277 viewsItchySphincter

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Pride tomorrow on 09:00 - Jul 1 with 1274 viewsperchrockjack

Hump

and treforus

Appreciate your comments .

Allow me to expand to clear the air

I "dragged" the old fella in to prove a point, which was /is people really ARE offended by homosexuality and are utterly unable to follow lisa s line.

His beliefs ,like many, are religion based , Bible speak which they hold dear. He s just got a kindle to read his bible daily more easily.

He d be flattered and puzzled to see his" name" in despatches on planet swans and ,trust me, being as sharp as a knife ,would argue his perverted filth argument to his grave ,which might be nearer than he thinks.

Its not personal with him- its fundamental, and seeing lisa s comments-vis a vis modern acceptance, made me chomp on the bit.

We re off toa very good friends sons wedding this Saturday. They have an openly gay other son who ll be there. He s a great bloke whose company we enjoy.

As for "rip your face off"-- well, I was being honest for once.

Anyway, PROSSER STARTED IT

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Login to get fewer ads

Pride tomorrow on 10:56 - Jul 1 with 1248 viewslondonlisa2001

Pride tomorrow on 09:00 - Jul 1 by perchrockjack

Hump

and treforus

Appreciate your comments .

Allow me to expand to clear the air

I "dragged" the old fella in to prove a point, which was /is people really ARE offended by homosexuality and are utterly unable to follow lisa s line.

His beliefs ,like many, are religion based , Bible speak which they hold dear. He s just got a kindle to read his bible daily more easily.

He d be flattered and puzzled to see his" name" in despatches on planet swans and ,trust me, being as sharp as a knife ,would argue his perverted filth argument to his grave ,which might be nearer than he thinks.

Its not personal with him- its fundamental, and seeing lisa s comments-vis a vis modern acceptance, made me chomp on the bit.

We re off toa very good friends sons wedding this Saturday. They have an openly gay other son who ll be there. He s a great bloke whose company we enjoy.

As for "rip your face off"-- well, I was being honest for once.

Anyway, PROSSER STARTED IT

As I said previously, I wouldn't dream of speaking ill of your father.
But the biblical point is I'm afraid a fallacy as many other parts of the bible are happily ignored by those that are keen to make a fuss about that one.
Perhaps a little more New Testament and a little less Old Testament would be beneficial, since I'm sure your Dad as all other good Christians will be perfectly well aware that Jesus never mentioned it, even though it was widespread at that time.
Pride tomorrow on 11:05 - Jul 1 with 1245 viewsperchrockjack

Speaking ill is what many born again Christians crave as they feel its a chance to procelytise and to fight for Jesus.

Its my whole point LISA.

Common sense is invariably absent from any religious zealot.

Many of my father s generation would be jailed on the spot for the views they held/holod on race. Some ,when faced with a negro at first hand after the war, felt their "stump" which was a result of their tail being removed . I kid you not.
Its also the case thousands of Caribbean men fought for the "mother country" but only if they were suitable to work with Caucasian British service men. Women were an after thought until eventually they were allowed to assist our war effort. Not good.

They were treated appalingly as were any men deemed "queer"

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Pride tomorrow on 11:13 - Jul 1 with 1241 viewsDull1Thomas

Let's face it, people who hate for the sake of it will always find a target and an excuse.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Pride tomorrow on 11:18 - Jul 1 with 1239 viewslondonlisa2001

Pride tomorrow on 11:05 - Jul 1 by perchrockjack

Speaking ill is what many born again Christians crave as they feel its a chance to procelytise and to fight for Jesus.

Its my whole point LISA.

Common sense is invariably absent from any religious zealot.

Many of my father s generation would be jailed on the spot for the views they held/holod on race. Some ,when faced with a negro at first hand after the war, felt their "stump" which was a result of their tail being removed . I kid you not.
Its also the case thousands of Caribbean men fought for the "mother country" but only if they were suitable to work with Caucasian British service men. Women were an after thought until eventually they were allowed to assist our war effort. Not good.

They were treated appalingly as were any men deemed "queer"

Of course the views on many of these issues are appalling - that's why they should be discounted from civilised discussion about the issue rather than pandered to.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024