Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwich City V Swansea City official matchday thread 09:40 - Dec 15 with 35254 viewsDarran

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Norwich City V Swansea City official matchday thread on 17:38 - Dec 15 with 2393 viewsDarran

Norwich City V Swansea City official matchday thread on 17:36 - Dec 15 by controversial_jack

The clique, you are only as good as your last game!

You've lost me.

Norwich City V Swansea City official matchday thread on 17:40 - Dec 15 with 2384 viewscontroversial_jack

Norwich City V Swansea City official matchday thread on 17:38 - Dec 15 by Darran

You've lost me.

A team is judged by it's last game
Norwich City V Swansea City official matchday thread on 17:41 - Dec 15 with 2372 viewsmonmouth

Norwich City V Swansea City official matchday thread on 17:40 - Dec 15 by controversial_jack

Is it? Says who?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Norwich City V Swansea City official matchday thread on 17:41 - Dec 15 with 2372 viewsexiledclaseboy

Norwich City V Swansea City official matchday thread on 17:26 - Dec 15 by Jackanapes

yup.both goals and points. and positive outcomes.even though we finished weakly in europe we did enough over the 6 games. lets not forget we actually scored against Valencia. People will remind us that we only got 2 points from the last 4 games whilst ignoring the fact that we got 8 points from the first 4. Its entirely down to how you look at it.

Yeah but we're not winning every game handsomely by multiple goals while putting in Barcelona-esque sparkling performances every week. Some people today are in the depths of despair about our "boring" performances and wondering why they're bothering. Frankly, so am I. Oh, and apparently pointing out our league position and Europe is not on for some reason, as if it's not relevant.

I am genuinely confused these days as to what Swansea fans want out of their support for the club.

Poll: Tory leader

Norwich City V Swansea City official matchday thread on 17:43 - Dec 15 with 2354 viewsDarran

Norwich City V Swansea City official matchday thread on 17:40 - Dec 15 by controversial_jack

Oh right.
Still no idea what the f*ck you're on about mind.

Norwich City V Swansea City official matchday thread on 17:44 - Dec 15 with 2343 viewscontroversial_jack

Norwich City V Swansea City official matchday thread on 17:43 - Dec 15 by Darran

Oh right.
Still no idea what the f*ck you're on about mind.

Evidently!
Norwich City V Swansea City official matchday thread on 17:45 - Dec 15 with 2332 viewsmonmouth

Norwich City V Swansea City official matchday thread on 17:41 - Dec 15 by exiledclaseboy

Yeah but we're not winning every game handsomely by multiple goals while putting in Barcelona-esque sparkling performances every week. Some people today are in the depths of despair about our "boring" performances and wondering why they're bothering. Frankly, so am I. Oh, and apparently pointing out our league position and Europe is not on for some reason, as if it's not relevant.

I am genuinely confused these days as to what Swansea fans want out of their support for the club.

A Christmas Time with Mistletoe and Whine?

Norwich City V Swansea City official matchday thread on 17:45 - Dec 15 with 2332 viewsexiledclaseboy

So if we won the league but lost 8-0 at Sunderland on the last day, we'd be judged purely on that defeat? F*ck my eyes.

And anyway, our last game was a creditable away Premier League draw.

Poll: Tory leader

Login to get fewer ads

Norwich City V Swansea City official matchday thread on 17:46 - Dec 15 with 2326 viewsDarran

Norwich City V Swansea City official matchday thread on 17:44 - Dec 15 by controversial_jack

Evidently!

Well in our last game we drew 1-1 away at Norwich.
A point away in this league is always a good point.
Therefore we are good.

Is that what you're saying?

Norwich City V Swansea City official matchday thread on 17:47 - Dec 15 with 2323 viewsmonmouth

Norwich City V Swansea City official matchday thread on 17:45 - Dec 15 by exiledclaseboy

So if we won the league but lost 8-0 at Sunderland on the last day, we'd be judged purely on that defeat? F*ck my eyes.

And anyway, our last game was a creditable away Premier League draw.

He's being controversial mun.

Oh no, he's being a tw*t.

Norwich City V Swansea City official matchday thread on 17:49 - Dec 15 with 2309 viewsJackanapes

I was pulling my hair out watching the match, but thats because most Prem games are tight affairs between evenly matched sides. De Guzman was up against his Holland team mate Fer today. I'm more convinced than ever that its the competition itself that creates the sterilty. Fear dominates. 1 point = £1.5 m if looked at as one 40th of the tv money( 40 point being an arbitrary figure generally accepted as safety)

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Norwich City V Swansea City official matchday thread on 17:52 - Dec 15 with 2284 viewsEdmundo

Good point at a ground we don,t normally have much from

Onwards and upwards

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Norwich City V Swansea City official matchday thread on 18:21 - Dec 15 with 2160 viewsUxbridge

Norwich City V Swansea City official matchday thread on 17:41 - Dec 15 by exiledclaseboy

To be honest I've got much bigger concerns/issues with the lack of atmosphere than I have with the inconsistent but generally decent results of the club. There have been some pretty dull matches but even those would be improved if any semblance of noise could be generated by the Liberty.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Norwich City V Swansea City official matchday thread on 18:21 - Dec 15 with 2157 viewsymaohyd

As the season comes to its half way stage, I really don't know what to expect from the 2nd half?

In many ways we haven't been playing well. Struggling for wins at home, Michu looks out of sorts, Bony, although has a decent tally, he doesn't look like a Swans player, doesn't seem to fit into our style. You scratch your head and wonder if due diligence was put into his signing, or did we get mixed up in a merry go round of agents etc.

The huge positives, we've played a hell of a lot of games in Europe and have achieved our objective, we've got to the half way goal of 20 points with a few games to spare. I don't think Bony can play much worse in terms of his league form (to be fair he hasn't had a decent run in the league).

I worry about the Bony and Michu situation though. Not sure what's going on with Michu and do we need to change our style to suit Bony and if we try, do we continue to look out of sorts in the majority of games?

Incredibly, Huw Jenkins spoke with authority on the Wembley pitch after the Reading game about possession, about aiming for 60% and how that restricts the opposition to few chances per game. Since we've been in the Prem our goal difference, once the season has settled down has always been around 0!

So amidst the good and bad performances the overall objective is working just fine. Let's not change, BUT we need to be putting in place a scouting structure to identify a Swans style forward because so far imo we've failed.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Norwich City V Swansea City official matchday thread on 18:26 - Dec 15 with 2126 viewsmidswan

well written.
Norwich City V Swansea City official matchday thread on 18:28 - Dec 15 with 2117 viewssomersetsimon

Norwich City V Swansea City official matchday thread on 18:21 - Dec 15 by ymaohyd

As the season comes to its half way stage, I really don't know what to expect from the 2nd half?

In many ways we haven't been playing well. Struggling for wins at home, Michu looks out of sorts, Bony, although has a decent tally, he doesn't look like a Swans player, doesn't seem to fit into our style. You scratch your head and wonder if due diligence was put into his signing, or did we get mixed up in a merry go round of agents etc.

The huge positives, we've played a hell of a lot of games in Europe and have achieved our objective, we've got to the half way goal of 20 points with a few games to spare. I don't think Bony can play much worse in terms of his league form (to be fair he hasn't had a decent run in the league).

I worry about the Bony and Michu situation though. Not sure what's going on with Michu and do we need to change our style to suit Bony and if we try, do we continue to look out of sorts in the majority of games?

Incredibly, Huw Jenkins spoke with authority on the Wembley pitch after the Reading game about possession, about aiming for 60% and how that restricts the opposition to few chances per game. Since we've been in the Prem our goal difference, once the season has settled down has always been around 0!

So amidst the good and bad performances the overall objective is working just fine. Let's not change, BUT we need to be putting in place a scouting structure to identify a Swans style forward because so far imo we've failed.

Jenkins was right. A high level of possession is one of our best defences against PL opposition. If we restrict the opposition's chances by playing 500 passes in midfield people call it dull. If we parked everyone behind the ball and relied on last ditch defending, then they would say it was brave defending.
Norwich City V Swansea City official matchday thread on 18:43 - Dec 15 with 2039 viewsmacman

Norwich City V Swansea City official matchday thread on 14:19 - Dec 15 by Jackanapes

trem would have saved that

Yes, how tall is Vorm!?
Norwich City V Swansea City official matchday thread on 19:09 - Dec 15 with 1931 viewsDull1Thomas

doubt Gerry would have been wandering around on his 6 yard line when he had two central mid field players between him and a Norwich player 30+ yards out.
The flap Vorm made in the second half suggests he's no where near fit at the moment.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Norwich City V Swansea City official matchday thread on 19:11 - Dec 15 with 1924 viewsBloodyhills

I noticed that, all the Norwich fans howling about Vorm wasting time, but then he did have to go and get the ball from the touch line as there were no ball boys in sight. Then he gets booked for time wasting. What a fecking joke. Maybe Delia needs to sell some more cookbooks so they can afford some ballboys!

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Norwich City V Swansea City official matchday thread on 19:29 - Dec 15 with 1854 viewsJackanapes

Norwich City V Swansea City official matchday thread on 18:43 - Dec 15 by macman

Yes, how tall is Vorm!?

not quite tall enough?

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Norwich City V Swansea City official matchday thread on 06:41 - Dec 16 with 1575 viewsepaul

What a day out! and I've made it into work, how, feck knows! Felt we wasted the space they gave us in the last 15 . JDZ and that last corner the tw*t....so frustrating. Saying that taken a point before the match. had a good bevvy with some Nawrich lads after, except for the Charlton tw*t who nearly got his head taken off...not by me mind

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Norwich City V Swansea City official matchday thread on 09:18 - Dec 16 with 1505 viewsmonmouth

Norwich City V Swansea City official matchday thread on 06:41 - Dec 16 by epaul

What a day out! and I've made it into work, how, feck knows! Felt we wasted the space they gave us in the last 15 . JDZ and that last corner the tw*t....so frustrating. Saying that taken a point before the match. had a good bevvy with some Nawrich lads after, except for the Charlton tw*t who nearly got his head taken off...not by me mind

A good day out is surely what it's all about in the end.

In terms of the football. I think the current Master Plan is to retain possession, make teams chase then go for them in the last 15/20. That's why all the space 'appears'. Any earlier goal is a bonus and any goal conceded upsets the apple cart. I really thought we'd win it at the end. Our machine is still malfunctioning a fair bit in terms of passes being a yard off (I do think all the games is certainly affecting sharpness there), but I still think it will come right and this year we will play our best in the second half of the season.

Norwich City V Swansea City official matchday thread on 09:20 - Dec 16 with 1503 viewsepaul

Norwich City V Swansea City official matchday thread on 09:18 - Dec 16 by monmouth

A good day out is surely what it's all about in the end.

In terms of the football. I think the current Master Plan is to retain possession, make teams chase then go for them in the last 15/20. That's why all the space 'appears'. Any earlier goal is a bonus and any goal conceded upsets the apple cart. I really thought we'd win it at the end. Our machine is still malfunctioning a fair bit in terms of passes being a yard off (I do think all the games is certainly affecting sharpness there), but I still think it will come right and this year we will play our best in the second half of the season.

spot in Monny, It was so frustrating in the last 15 as said the space that we had and we didnt utilise it well. Still pre game I was happy to take a point

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024