Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwich City V Swansea City official matchday thread 09:40 - Dec 15 with 35322 viewsDarran

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Norwich City V Swansea City official matchday thread on 15:57 - Dec 15 with 2123 viewslovejuicejack

Norwich City V Swansea City official matchday thread on 15:52 - Dec 15 by Phats

Have your lot played Cardiff yet this season?

Can't remember, if so what was the score?

Av you pulled yourself out of your mothers hole yet?
Norwich City V Swansea City official matchday thread on 16:01 - Dec 15 with 2073 viewsPhats

Norwich City V Swansea City official matchday thread on 15:57 - Dec 15 by lovejuicejack

Av you pulled yourself out of your mothers hole yet?

Still busy with your mum
Norwich City V Swansea City official matchday thread on 16:02 - Dec 15 with 2066 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Norwich City V Swansea City official matchday thread on 15:55 - Dec 15 by lovejuicejack

I'm talking about our 12 mill striker passing it to Norwich players 20 yards from our goal line, not once but a couple of times ... spot the mistake in that one??

So, that's it for you is it? That's the summary for Bony today? Not that we DID look more like scoring when he came on, how we had a bit more shape and space in midfield as a result, how he nearly scored the winner or how he helped us out defensively, especially in the air? - and he was only on 15 minutes.

No, let's just focus on that fact he, like pretty much everyone else, had a few sloppy touches after he first came on...

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Norwich City V Swansea City official matchday thread on 16:03 - Dec 15 with 2052 viewsSS2013

Bony and Michu were both well off the pace today, De Guzman and Pablo need a rocket up there ass.

Canas was superb

Poll: Will Ayew be a Swansea player come Feb ?

Norwich City V Swansea City official matchday thread on 16:04 - Dec 15 with 2042 views2face

This was not a game. It was war. They broke the leg of our best player. It does not get any more nasty than that. I'm personally happy with the response. We were bullied in first half. In second half we got in their faces and did to them what they were doing to us.
Norwich City V Swansea City official matchday thread on 16:05 - Dec 15 with 2036 viewslovejuicejack

Norwich City V Swansea City official matchday thread on 16:02 - Dec 15 by FearOfAJackPlanet

So, that's it for you is it? That's the summary for Bony today? Not that we DID look more like scoring when he came on, how we had a bit more shape and space in midfield as a result, how he nearly scored the winner or how he helped us out defensively, especially in the air? - and he was only on 15 minutes.

No, let's just focus on that fact he, like pretty much everyone else, had a few sloppy touches after he first came on...

I asked a question mate, even the commentators said Bony needs to get up the other end of the pitch b4 he causes more problems. what problem do you have with that
Norwich City V Swansea City official matchday thread on 16:05 - Dec 15 with 2031 viewscentrestandswan

I'll take a draw against that bunch of mustard eaters, but there is one thing we need to improve on and that is when we get the ball in the final third our communication between the forwards is lacking, too many step overs that do not get read and some running off the ball that never gets acknowledged. Otherwise a welcome away point.

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

Norwich City V Swansea City official matchday thread on 16:07 - Dec 15 with 2014 viewslovejuicejack

Norwich City V Swansea City official matchday thread on 16:02 - Dec 15 by FearOfAJackPlanet

Oh and did you ask this same question to all the others on this thread who made the same comments about Bony.
Login to get fewer ads

Norwich City V Swansea City official matchday thread on 16:07 - Dec 15 with 2012 viewsmidswan

Norwich City V Swansea City official matchday thread on 16:03 - Dec 15 by SS2013

Bony and Michu were both well off the pace today, De Guzman and Pablo need a rocket up there ass.

Canas was superb

Spot on with this.....has been so for a few weeks now.
Norwich City V Swansea City official matchday thread on 16:07 - Dec 15 with 1993 viewsKingBony

Norwich City V Swansea City official matchday thread on 16:04 - Dec 15 by 2face

This was not a game. It was war. They broke the leg of our best player. It does not get any more nasty than that. I'm personally happy with the response. We were bullied in first half. In second half we got in their faces and did to them what they were doing to us.

Hate to burst your bubble like but the challenge was innocuous and there was no intent to break dyers ankle it was just an unfortunate accident, his weight came down at the wrong angle and it was as simple as that.

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

Norwich City V Swansea City official matchday thread on 16:10 - Dec 15 with 1975 viewspencoedjack

Norwich City V Swansea City official matchday thread on 15:38 - Dec 15 by lifelong

I think everybody would have taken a point before this game.

Still in 10th, 7 points above the relegation places, we're doing okay.

This

On wards & upwards ......

Week to re group before a tough fixture next week.
Norwich City V Swansea City official matchday thread on 16:13 - Dec 15 with 1935 viewsC_jack

Norwich City V Swansea City official matchday thread on 16:04 - Dec 15 by 2face

Dyer is going to be inconsolable, he thought it was only his ankle that was broken.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Norwich City V Swansea City official matchday thread on 16:15 - Dec 15 with 1907 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Norwich City V Swansea City official matchday thread on 16:07 - Dec 15 by lovejuicejack

Oh and did you ask this same question to all the others on this thread who made the same comments about Bony.

No need to fret.

You offered an opinion on Bony's performance today, I replied to offer an alternative opinion, that's how it works.

Enjoying the next level

Norwich City V Swansea City official matchday thread on 16:25 - Dec 15 with 1812 viewsDull1Thomas

Norwich City V Swansea City official matchday thread on 16:07 - Dec 15 by KingBony

Hate to burst your bubble like but the challenge was innocuous and there was no intent to break dyers ankle it was just an unfortunate accident, his weight came down at the wrong angle and it was as simple as that.

Norwich took every opportunity to bundle into the back of Swansea players every time they jumped for a ball that was less than 50 -50.
While Nathan fell awkwardly the Norwich player made every effort to land on him.
Norwich players routinely left a foot in and could someone explain how the challenge on Davies at the end of the game escaped a booking? Vorm was fouled in most set pieces and was booked for time wasting when he didn't have the ball. No Norwich player was booked for kicking the ball away which is an offence and wastes time.
Of Canas' booking - why can (some) teams aggressively surround a ref and receive no punishment yet when a Swans player (probably also applies to other less fancied teams) objects he's booked.
The only thing the ref deserves praise for was he was consistent in his interpretation of hand ball.
Today's game hasn't encouraged me to change my opinion of Norwich - a horrible little team picking up points by being bullies -dish out but moan when things don't go their own way.
A bit of a battle and better than the last two games. A point won.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Norwich City V Swansea City official matchday thread on 16:31 - Dec 15 with 1744 viewswaynekerr55

Norwich City V Swansea City official matchday thread on 15:52 - Dec 15 by Phats

Have your lot played Cardiff yet this season?

Can't remember, if so what was the score?

1 nil to the Malaysian Red Birds.

Remind me - who are they playing in Europe next? And where are they in the league?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Norwich City V Swansea City official matchday thread on 16:40 - Dec 15 with 1686 viewsDanishDuck

Norwich City V Swansea City official matchday thread on 15:47 - Dec 15 by controversial_jack

Bony's first touch was awful and how much time does he want to tee up a shot before he fires it wide?

Yup his first touch alw. seem to make Swanz lose the ball...
Norwich City V Swansea City official matchday thread on 16:45 - Dec 15 with 1665 viewsJackanapes

For all our apparent deficiencies we put scores on the doors. Whilst watching us may descend into ordeal territory on occasion, its comforting to see the scoreboard ticking over.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Norwich City V Swansea City official matchday thread on 16:55 - Dec 15 with 1584 viewsDull1Thomas

A decent point, but again frustrated with the overall performance. I'd probably be more positive if this game wasn't one in a series of lack lustre performances.
Anyway - this is my OPINION - OK here goes
Vorm - not fit even so he should have stopped their effort on goal. Poor decision making and distribution and that takes account of the number of time Norwich impeded him. It's their tactic, they've done it every time I've seen them play.
Rangel - did OK but had the awful Pablo in front of him - attacked well and offered options
Amat - Solid but backed off the player who scored as did .. .. ..
Ashley WIlliams - who in my opinion had another very poor game; slow in action and decision making and lacking in effort. Either he's not fit or he's off in January
Canas - a good 90
Ben - OK but has played better. Made some excellent positions and space for ...
Pablo - another poor performance with passes going astray and ducking out of winnable challenges.
JdG - why is he being picked?
Dyer - MoM even after leaving the pitch - despite the commentators (I had) claiming it was a Norwich fault Dyer played for and won the challenge before finishing brilliantly.
Jonjo - did little right or wrong - after Dyer left he was the best of the bunch
Micho - subdued, substandard, subbed

Lamah -looked interested and could have done with a few more minutes.
Poz - tries to make things happen - at the moment I'd prefer him to start with Bony
Bony - mixed performance with some shocking attempts at control and insipid passes - redeemed himself by being busy up front and busy in defence.

All in all Norwich would have been given it on points but 1 - 1 is a decent return for a team still not fully functioning.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Norwich City V Swansea City official matchday thread on 17:03 - Dec 15 with 1521 viewsAl_Bundy

Norwich City V Swansea City official matchday thread on 16:55 - Dec 15 by Dull1Thomas

A decent point, but again frustrated with the overall performance. I'd probably be more positive if this game wasn't one in a series of lack lustre performances.
Anyway - this is my OPINION - OK here goes
Vorm - not fit even so he should have stopped their effort on goal. Poor decision making and distribution and that takes account of the number of time Norwich impeded him. It's their tactic, they've done it every time I've seen them play.
Rangel - did OK but had the awful Pablo in front of him - attacked well and offered options
Amat - Solid but backed off the player who scored as did .. .. ..
Ashley WIlliams - who in my opinion had another very poor game; slow in action and decision making and lacking in effort. Either he's not fit or he's off in January
Canas - a good 90
Ben - OK but has played better. Made some excellent positions and space for ...
Pablo - another poor performance with passes going astray and ducking out of winnable challenges.
JdG - why is he being picked?
Dyer - MoM even after leaving the pitch - despite the commentators (I had) claiming it was a Norwich fault Dyer played for and won the challenge before finishing brilliantly.
Jonjo - did little right or wrong - after Dyer left he was the best of the bunch
Micho - subdued, substandard, subbed

Lamah -looked interested and could have done with a few more minutes.
Poz - tries to make things happen - at the moment I'd prefer him to start with Bony
Bony - mixed performance with some shocking attempts at control and insipid passes - redeemed himself by being busy up front and busy in defence.

All in all Norwich would have been given it on points but 1 - 1 is a decent return for a team still not fully functioning.

Good review of today. Poz concerns me how much he constantly loses possession.

JDG is the luxury we currently carry when we need to grind out a result or go toe to toe.

Ash looks really out of sorts also with constant jumping all over forwards and looking at the ref all innocent. His passing is labourd and slow putting team mates under pressure.

Good week all considered thinking about the squad rotation, travelling. Stll in the top half and still in Europe.
Norwich City V Swansea City official matchday thread on 17:09 - Dec 15 with 1486 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Norwich City V Swansea City official matchday thread on 16:45 - Dec 15 by Jackanapes

For all our apparent deficiencies we put scores on the doors. Whilst watching us may descend into ordeal territory on occasion, its comforting to see the scoreboard ticking over.

The only league game we haven't scored in since that defeat in legoland is Man City away, which is also the only game we've lost since then, so we're ticking along nicely. A couple of goalless defeats in the Europa have put the dampener on the mood, but looking at the league we've been good.

Enjoying the next level

Norwich City V Swansea City official matchday thread on 17:26 - Dec 15 with 1388 viewsJackanapes

yup.both goals and points. and positive outcomes.even though we finished weakly in europe we did enough over the 6 games. lets not forget we actually scored against Valencia. People will remind us that we only got 2 points from the last 4 games whilst ignoring the fact that we got 8 points from the first 4. Its entirely down to how you look at it.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Norwich City V Swansea City official matchday thread on 17:31 - Dec 15 with 1354 viewsDarran

Norwich City V Swansea City official matchday thread on 17:26 - Dec 15 by Jackanapes

yup.both goals and points. and positive outcomes.even though we finished weakly in europe we did enough over the 6 games. lets not forget we actually scored against Valencia. People will remind us that we only got 2 points from the last 4 games whilst ignoring the fact that we got 8 points from the first 4. Its entirely down to how you look at it.

The rules state that if you finish in the top two of your group you go through.
They don't state how you do it they just state top two,that's what we did,we finished in the top two.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Norwich City V Swansea City official matchday thread on 17:35 - Dec 15 with 1324 viewsploppy

Dear Santa,
Can we please have a winger to replace Hernandez. I've lost patience with him.
Oh, and maybe a loan signing to replace Dyer.
And a striker.
I've been nice all year.
Thanks.
Norwich City V Swansea City official matchday thread on 17:36 - Dec 15 with 1320 viewscontroversial_jack

Norwich City V Swansea City official matchday thread on 17:31 - Dec 15 by Darran

The rules state that if you finish in the top two of your group you go through.
They don't state how you do it they just state top two,that's what we did,we finished in the top two.

The clique, you are only as good as your last game!
Norwich City V Swansea City official matchday thread on 17:38 - Dec 15 with 1305 viewsUxbridge

Decent performance, decent result. Gold stars to Canas and Amat, silvers for the defending of the full backs. Pablo and De Guz nust do better. Michu and Shelvey kept back by teacher. Even allowing for Michu not being a striker it was a pretty off the pace performance from him.

Another point at a tricky place after a European tie. We've managed it all quite well at least in terms of results.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024