Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dieng to Boro for £2m 11:13 - Jul 6 with 30782 viewsE17hoop

Being suggested by a Talksport reporter.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Who do you want as next Next England manager?

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 13:00 - Jul 7 with 5170 viewsHastings_Hoops

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 23:49 - Jul 6 by VancouverHoop

Much as I liked Seny, and am really sorry to see him go, his strength was dominating our penalty area in the air and distribution. He isn't a reflex keeper by any stretch (heh!) His record on penalties and getting down for low shots wasn't the best. He was fine under Warbs, but last season our defensive ineptitude in our own area, especially from rebounds and low corners, didn't do him any favours at all. I'm guessing that whoever's between the sticks this coming season will ideally need much faster reactions.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2023 23:49]

Agree with most of this.

Essentially fell off a cliff when Beale went and his game became more about shop-stopping than distribution.

Playing Dieng in an Ainsworth team is like Ray Wilkins playing for the crazy gang… not sure it would have brought the best out of him.

…I do wonder if lumley is actually more of an ainsworth type goalie… good shot stopper /terrible decision making.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2023 13:04]
Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 13:08 - Jul 7 with 5076 viewsRuislipHoop

Do we have a goalkeeper ???
Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 13:13 - Jul 7 with 5010 viewsDejR_vu

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 13:00 - Jul 7 by Hastings_Hoops

Agree with most of this.

Essentially fell off a cliff when Beale went and his game became more about shop-stopping than distribution.

Playing Dieng in an Ainsworth team is like Ray Wilkins playing for the crazy gang… not sure it would have brought the best out of him.

…I do wonder if lumley is actually more of an ainsworth type goalie… good shot stopper /terrible decision making.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2023 13:04]

Lumley? You've got to be joking. Absolutely calamitous. I can't remember the opposition now, but I distinctly remember one home game where the management had clearly run out of patience and you could see the whole team had been told to make sure not a single ball got anywhere near him. He didn't have anything to do all game, he literally had to just stand upright, until the 89th or 90th minute. Someone let one go from about 30 yards, it cleared the defence and you just knew it was going in. Calamity Joe watched it all the way, dived and let it through his hands.

Dieng was pretty ropey last season, but I reckon we'd have been staring down the barrel of 90 goals conceded with Lumley.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 13:20 - Jul 7 with 4962 viewsQPunkR

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 13:08 - Jul 7 by RuislipHoop

Do we have a goalkeeper ???

Loads mate. But how many are decent is a different question entirely

QPR - "shit but local"

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 13:28 - Jul 7 with 4875 viewsE15Hoop

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 13:20 - Jul 7 by QPunkR

Loads mate. But how many are decent is a different question entirely

Joe Walsh is definiely decent. Whether they'll throw the first choice shirt to him I guess is unlilkely, as Jordan Archer had a loan spell at Wycombe a while ago so is well known to GA and Dobbo already.
Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 13:49 - Jul 7 with 4741 views89_50

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 13:00 - Jul 7 by robith

no but i wouldn't be surprised if clubs did social listening as part of their player profiling

I imagine there'll be a small degree of 'fan sentiment' in player profiling, but what's likely to be more impactful in their analysis is what type of personality they're getting. And unfortunately, the rumours of his frequency for nightclubs would probably be more important than whether this message board rates him or not.
Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 14:11 - Jul 7 with 4592 viewsbosh67

It appears that Boro have just signed another goalkeeper from Australia. Possibly a back up to Dieng if he goes there but curious that they have just signed another keeper on a 3-year deal?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 14:19 - Jul 7 with 4530 viewscolinallcars

It'll be interesting to see which keeper GA picks against Sanilav Prague tomorrow.
I've never seen recast but will try it tomorrow - got to be worth a fiver.
Who does the commentary (if any)?
Login to get fewer ads

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 14:42 - Jul 7 with 4406 viewsE15Hoop

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 14:19 - Jul 7 by colinallcars

It'll be interesting to see which keeper GA picks against Sanilav Prague tomorrow.
I've never seen recast but will try it tomorrow - got to be worth a fiver.
Who does the commentary (if any)?

Usually Paul Morrison, which is often the cause of much hilarity, as I understand its not exactly his favourite pastime.
Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 14:45 - Jul 7 with 4384 viewsE15Hoop

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 14:42 - Jul 7 by E15Hoop

Usually Paul Morrison, which is often the cause of much hilarity, as I understand its not exactly his favourite pastime.

*Morrissey I mean (Paul, not the other one, which would be even funnier...)
Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 16:53 - Jul 7 with 4025 viewsDorse

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 14:45 - Jul 7 by E15Hoop

*Morrissey I mean (Paul, not the other one, which would be even funnier...)

Heaven knows, he's miserable now.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 17:35 - Jul 7 with 3865 viewsTacticalR

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 13:13 - Jul 7 by DejR_vu

Lumley? You've got to be joking. Absolutely calamitous. I can't remember the opposition now, but I distinctly remember one home game where the management had clearly run out of patience and you could see the whole team had been told to make sure not a single ball got anywhere near him. He didn't have anything to do all game, he literally had to just stand upright, until the 89th or 90th minute. Someone let one go from about 30 yards, it cleared the defence and you just knew it was going in. Calamity Joe watched it all the way, dived and let it through his hands.

Dieng was pretty ropey last season, but I reckon we'd have been staring down the barrel of 90 goals conceded with Lumley.

Are you thinking of this game?

Air hostess clique

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 17:37 - Jul 7 with 3853 viewsLongsufferingR

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 13:13 - Jul 7 by DejR_vu

Indeed. Cardiff at home when we were already 6-0 up. Had it been 1-0 at the time there would have been riots. Well, in my seat anyway.

Also, who can forget his triumphant return for Middlesbrough gently rolling the ball into Willock's path for a tap in?
Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 18:11 - Jul 7 with 3672 viewsLazyFan

Lums is error-prone so, no stay away.
There is a reason Boro got rid and are now buying our real keeper.

zzzzzzzzzz

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 18:59 - Jul 7 with 3428 viewsDejR_vu

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 17:35 - Jul 7 by TacticalR

Yeah, think it was.

In fairness, I had forgotten the assist.

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 19:12 - Jul 7 with 3384 viewsDejR_vu

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 17:35 - Jul 7 by TacticalR

We scored more goals in the Loft end in that second half than we did all last season 👀 didn’t we? Warbs, eh, what’s he like? All that free-flowing football, scoring goals, spanking the opposition. No one wants to see that do they? 🙄

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 19:13 - Jul 7 with 3363 viewsLogman

Can't see us re-signing Lummers. I remember Warburton saying he had 'two great keepers' when he left and that he wanted Lummers to stay to challenge Seny. That he left after Warburton indicating that he wanted him to stay would not have gone down well and I can't see us taking him back.
Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 19:35 - Jul 7 with 3254 viewsPunteR

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 21:38 - Jul 6 by Antti_Heinola

I'm not really sure any club has a keeper of the calibre of their number one ready to take over should they sell do they? If they do, it's very, very rare and usually only means the club has a young wonderkid that they actively want to get into the first team.
One poor season and suddenly everything the club has done for 7 years is 'poor' - it's a bit of an exaggeration imo.

What am I exaggerating? Do we really need to discuss how bad its got again? We nearly got relegated and our DoF had to resign?
Ironically the club that did have keepers ready to take over has been us previously. Lumley probably the only exception under Ferdinands watch , who probably wasn't quite ready for championship football.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 23:20 - Jul 7 with 2898 viewsstainrods_elbow

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 19:12 - Jul 7 by DejR_vu

We scored more goals in the Loft end in that second half than we did all last season 👀 didn’t we? Warbs, eh, what’s he like? All that free-flowing football, scoring goals, spanking the opposition. No one wants to see that do they? 🙄

Yes, I also tearlessly miss our form falling off a cliff in the second half of the season and the manager not having a clue how to turn it around, his inability/unwillingness to work with any younger players, and the endless cliches about 'taking care of the football, and 'respecting' the opposition etc etc. I get the selective memory about him among some posters being a function of where we are now, but get a grip! When it was good with MW it was very good (for a few months), but he couldn't sustain it, and the Board had to act in my opinion.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2023 23:22]

Poll: On the basis of pre-season.the current squad, where will we finish this sea son?

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 23:47 - Jul 7 with 2836 viewsvanrrrr

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 13:28 - Jul 7 by E15Hoop

Joe Walsh is definiely decent. Whether they'll throw the first choice shirt to him I guess is unlilkely, as Jordan Archer had a loan spell at Wycombe a while ago so is well known to GA and Dobbo already.

His wikipedia page says he has started only 9 senior games , 8 of which were non league … not sure if that is accurate but if so , not enough to tell if he is decent yet and needs games badly …

a season loan to Doncaster the making of Dieng and would probably do walsh good too
Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 00:06 - Jul 8 with 2784 viewsDejR_vu

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 23:20 - Jul 7 by stainrods_elbow

Yes, I also tearlessly miss our form falling off a cliff in the second half of the season and the manager not having a clue how to turn it around, his inability/unwillingness to work with any younger players, and the endless cliches about 'taking care of the football, and 'respecting' the opposition etc etc. I get the selective memory about him among some posters being a function of where we are now, but get a grip! When it was good with MW it was very good (for a few months), but he couldn't sustain it, and the Board had to act in my opinion.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2023 23:22]

Yeah, you’re right, it’s been so much better since he left. I’d take rough with smooth over absolute dog turd, but I appreciate others feel differently.

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 04:21 - Jul 8 with 2623 viewsstainrods_elbow

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 00:06 - Jul 8 by DejR_vu

Yeah, you’re right, it’s been so much better since he left. I’d take rough with smooth over absolute dog turd, but I appreciate others feel differently.

Of our last 18 games under Warbs, we lost 11 of them and won 4. Replicated over the whole campaign, that a half season's form (not the '6-8 weeks' of his revisionist history) that would have seen us relegated as the bottom club. And, as we know, brief Beale-bounce notwithstanding, it really set the tone for the next one too. Dems da facts, I'm afraid. As a manager, he worked hard, but was half-baked and came up badly short.

Poll: On the basis of pre-season.the current squad, where will we finish this sea son?

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 05:52 - Jul 8 with 2590 viewsSK_hoops

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 13:49 - Jul 7 by 89_50

I imagine there'll be a small degree of 'fan sentiment' in player profiling, but what's likely to be more impactful in their analysis is what type of personality they're getting. And unfortunately, the rumours of his frequency for nightclubs would probably be more important than whether this message board rates him or not.

Not sure the caliber of night clubs in Middlesbrough will quite match those of London somehow.
Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 09:59 - Jul 8 with 2172 viewsToast_R

Confirmed , gone to Boro for undisclosed.
Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 10:23 - Jul 8 with 1944 viewsGloucs_R

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 09:59 - Jul 8 by Toast_R

Confirmed , gone to Boro for undisclosed.

£2m according to West London sport.

I'm really intrigued to see how Archer performs on the tour. Had a season under Ainsworth whilst at Wycombe and doesn't come across the type of player who is happy to be number two for his career.

But my God he must be Rusty.

Edit, Dave Mc has confirmed we are in the market for a new keeper.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2023 10:31]

Poll: Are we staying up?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024