Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dieng to Boro for £2m 11:13 - Jul 6 with 30779 viewsE17hoop

Being suggested by a Talksport reporter.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Who do you want as next Next England manager?

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 23:49 - Jul 6 with 3845 viewsVancouverHoop

Much as I liked Seny, and am really sorry to see him go, his strength was dominating our penalty area in the air and distribution. He isn't a reflex keeper by any stretch (heh!) His record on penalties and getting down for low shots wasn't the best. He was fine under Warbs, but last season our defensive ineptitude in our own area, especially from rebounds and low corners, didn't do him any favours at all. I'm guessing that whoever's between the sticks this coming season will ideally need much faster reactions.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2023 23:49]
Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 00:56 - Jul 7 with 3704 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 23:49 - Jul 6 by VancouverHoop

Much as I liked Seny, and am really sorry to see him go, his strength was dominating our penalty area in the air and distribution. He isn't a reflex keeper by any stretch (heh!) His record on penalties and getting down for low shots wasn't the best. He was fine under Warbs, but last season our defensive ineptitude in our own area, especially from rebounds and low corners, didn't do him any favours at all. I'm guessing that whoever's between the sticks this coming season will ideally need much faster reactions.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2023 23:49]

His first penalty save at Loftus Road will be against Dykes put money on it .
A few posters are upset at the comments that Dieng was poor last year but its just the facts.I never cared about the B.S. that everybody else sucked why should he any different.
He was our last line of defence and could have saved us on multiple times but he never pulled off that game saving block to lift the team ,fans and club.
I think he was not interested after the WC and it showed in his displays .
Take the money ,good luck to him but he is not going up with Boro either IMO
Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 01:45 - Jul 7 with 3636 viewsAirtomoreira

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 15:28 - Jul 6 by BazzaInTheLoft

His Cider is infamous.

Made in the same part of the world as Dickens Cider I believe??
Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 02:30 - Jul 7 with 3596 viewsCiderwithRsie

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 17:35 - Jul 6 by E17hoop

We can only sell him at a price people are willing to pay. Slap a price tag on that people won't pay they'll hang on until January and get him even cheaper, or worse, we see him walk in the Summer next year and collect nothing.

All true.

Plus, I'm afraid that if we all know the club need to sell, every else does too. Offers will be priced accordingly.

If Willock goes, it'll be for a pittance because
- injuries
- he's been poor all last season
- he doesn't obviously fit Ainsworth's style

It's pretty clear we will sell if we get any sort of an offer, so any sort of an offer is what we'll get. He may then turn out to be. pretty good buy for someone if he gets fit.

The one player that I think would raise a serious fee is Chair, because I think we don't really want to sell him. (And he's got skill, is fit, and has a decent attitude)
Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 03:49 - Jul 7 with 3524 viewsnumptydumpty

Good deal for us.

For second half last season, every one on one, he saved none of them. Was very poor and it appeared to be because of attitude as opposed to aptitude.

Still gave off a calming presence but that's not much cop if you know every time the opposition get a sniff, you knew they were going to score !!!

Sure we have two or three replacements lined up.

We got form on finding goalkeepers ie seven played season before last !!
[Post edited 7 Jul 2023 3:51]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 06:33 - Jul 7 with 3372 viewsdmm

Why is Alex Smithies being mentioned as a potential replacement for Dieng? He'd be great but he's got a year of his contract to go at Leicester and I can't think of a single reason why he'd want to come to us right now.
Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 06:46 - Jul 7 with 3329 viewsAndybrat

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 06:33 - Jul 7 by dmm

Why is Alex Smithies being mentioned as a potential replacement for Dieng? He'd be great but he's got a year of his contract to go at Leicester and I can't think of a single reason why he'd want to come to us right now.

Maybe we are wrong but pretty sure he had been released by the Fox’s
Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 07:28 - Jul 7 with 3205 viewsHAYESBOY

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 06:46 - Jul 7 by Andybrat

Maybe we are wrong but pretty sure he had been released by the Fox’s

Unfortunately looks like he is still with Leicester as listed on their squad list on their offy site.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Login to get fewer ads

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 07:39 - Jul 7 with 3120 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Funny how he had his worst season last year when you'd think playing as a keeper in that team would give you more opportunity to shine.
Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 07:55 - Jul 7 with 3098 viewsdistortR

We'll sell him to 'boro and then FIFA will give them his world cup awol money.
Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 08:02 - Jul 7 with 3053 viewsBushRanger82

After last season, the news that Senny may be on his way, just had me give a shrug.
Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 08:49 - Jul 7 with 2909 viewsngbqpr

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 02:30 - Jul 7 by CiderwithRsie

All true.

Plus, I'm afraid that if we all know the club need to sell, every else does too. Offers will be priced accordingly.

If Willock goes, it'll be for a pittance because
- injuries
- he's been poor all last season
- he doesn't obviously fit Ainsworth's style

It's pretty clear we will sell if we get any sort of an offer, so any sort of an offer is what we'll get. He may then turn out to be. pretty good buy for someone if he gets fit.

The one player that I think would raise a serious fee is Chair, because I think we don't really want to sell him. (And he's got skill, is fit, and has a decent attitude)

Also with Chair, he has all manner of 'best in class' type stats - which both we and his agent should be able to make full use of (tho obvs hope we don't).

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 09:17 - Jul 7 with 2816 viewsTheChef

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 19:46 - Jul 6 by A40Bosh

Will they think Joe Walsh is ready for life in the fast Lane?

Probably - given the club is basically a Desperado now.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 10:06 - Jul 7 with 2657 viewsslmrstid

Alex Smithies is just at Leicester for the retirement money now. In at #3 so they meet the homegrown stats for the Premier League last year, and he gets paid bucketloads of cash to just train with the other keepers Monday - Friday and never have to worry about playing actual football.

No way would he come back now, nor would we be able to match what he's on.
Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 10:37 - Jul 7 with 2465 viewsrobith

£2m is both a good price and a bad price

It's bad because he is important to us and has been over many seasons since he broke through. It's bad cos January 2021 you'd have to say he's valued at substantially higher than that.

But it's good because he's a year left so it's £2m vs £0 which isn't even a discussion. He's important to us, but ask yourself - how would this board be reacting if we were planning on spending £2m on a keeper who conceded a league second worst total of SEVENTY ONE goals last season? Place would be on fire

I've noticed fans seem to have very binary reactions to transfers that only account for the money received but none of the context. Ultimately the price is fair for the situation we're in, and whether it's a good outcome or not depends on who we replace him with
Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 11:00 - Jul 7 with 2375 viewsHayesender

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Glover_%28soccer%29?wprov=sfla1

Middlesbrough have apparently signed this keeper

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 11:14 - Jul 7 with 2284 viewslosethedrum

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 11:00 - Jul 7 by Hayesender

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Glover_%28soccer%29?wprov=sfla1

Middlesbrough have apparently signed this keeper

Is the correct answer.

https://www.mfc.co.uk/news/2023/july/07/goalkeeper-tom-glover-joins-boro/
Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 11:21 - Jul 7 with 2242 views100percent

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 10:37 - Jul 7 by robith

£2m is both a good price and a bad price

It's bad because he is important to us and has been over many seasons since he broke through. It's bad cos January 2021 you'd have to say he's valued at substantially higher than that.

But it's good because he's a year left so it's £2m vs £0 which isn't even a discussion. He's important to us, but ask yourself - how would this board be reacting if we were planning on spending £2m on a keeper who conceded a league second worst total of SEVENTY ONE goals last season? Place would be on fire

I've noticed fans seem to have very binary reactions to transfers that only account for the money received but none of the context. Ultimately the price is fair for the situation we're in, and whether it's a good outcome or not depends on who we replace him with

Stop being sensible Robith. No one appreciates smart posts on here.
Apart from me of course.
Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 11:42 - Jul 7 with 2154 viewsRBlock

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 07:39 - Jul 7 by Wegerles_Stairs

Funny how he had his worst season last year when you'd think playing as a keeper in that team would give you more opportunity to shine.

Think that's because as a shot stopper, he's a bit average. His strengths were his distribution and command of his box, but when it comes to shot stopping he saves what he should save and lets in what you'd expect him to, with little variance either way. I'd be interested to see the difference in his conceded goals and his xGC is.
Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 12:15 - Jul 7 with 2002 viewsQPROslo

Think these posts claiming Dieng was poor last season are seriously overcooked and are no doubt contributing to us only getting £2M for him rather than closer to the £3M we could well have got for him previously, with supposed interest in him from then PL Clubs. Read some opinion peace claiming Leeds should be trying to bring Seny in there. If we could regain quick interest now from 1 or 2 other Clubs, possibly we could do better than €2M, but suppose I'll need to be happy enough with this in view of his contract situation. Still doesn't feel that good a compensation for a player who I considered one of our best for the last 3 seasons, our best Keeper in many years, and an International tournament winner.
Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 12:15 - Jul 7 with 2002 viewsNorthernr

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 11:42 - Jul 7 by RBlock

Think that's because as a shot stopper, he's a bit average. His strengths were his distribution and command of his box, but when it comes to shot stopping he saves what he should save and lets in what you'd expect him to, with little variance either way. I'd be interested to see the difference in his conceded goals and his xGC is.

He also as I said in his EOT made A LOT of mistakes when you added them all up, but in mitigation playing behind that collection of centre backs must have been fcking traumatic.
Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 12:43 - Jul 7 with 1831 viewsstevec

Anyway, is he going or not?

Just thinking, but If he wasn’t and he’s reading this …
Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 12:50 - Jul 7 with 1763 viewsHoopsie

If he let in over 70 goals, I’m sure he could get over a few negative posts

Poll: At this moment in time, whatever the situation, your thoughts on Chris Willock

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 12:58 - Jul 7 with 1678 viewskensalriser

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 12:15 - Jul 7 by QPROslo

Think these posts claiming Dieng was poor last season are seriously overcooked and are no doubt contributing to us only getting £2M for him rather than closer to the £3M we could well have got for him previously, with supposed interest in him from then PL Clubs. Read some opinion peace claiming Leeds should be trying to bring Seny in there. If we could regain quick interest now from 1 or 2 other Clubs, possibly we could do better than €2M, but suppose I'll need to be happy enough with this in view of his contract situation. Still doesn't feel that good a compensation for a player who I considered one of our best for the last 3 seasons, our best Keeper in many years, and an International tournament winner.

TBH I'd be surprised if other clubs are including fans talking shite on a forum as part of their player acquisitions data analysis.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2023 12:58]

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 13:00 - Jul 7 with 1666 viewsrobith

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 12:58 - Jul 7 by kensalriser

TBH I'd be surprised if other clubs are including fans talking shite on a forum as part of their player acquisitions data analysis.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2023 12:58]

no but i wouldn't be surprised if clubs did social listening as part of their player profiling
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024