Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dieng to Boro for £2m 11:13 - Jul 6 with 30778 viewsE17hoop

Being suggested by a Talksport reporter.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Who do you want as next Next England manager?

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 15:17 - Jul 6 with 4153 viewsdenhamhoop2

Good move for him and the club 2 million is not a fortune but it's better than the zero we would get in a years time. He was excellent for 2 seasons but seemed to be going through the motions for large parts of last season and his strength the ability to play out from the back is not going to be needed under GA. As for his replacement think we are in trouble if Archer is first choice but who knows and would imagine there are many out of contract keepers available it's just the wages they want will be the main problem
Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 15:25 - Jul 6 with 4052 viewsQPR_Jim

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 15:05 - Jul 6 by Logman

Disappointed to see him go as he is the best keeper in the division on his day - with great handling / command of his area and great reflexes. However, if we can recruit a confident and reasonably experienced replacement who wants to play for us - and if we can massively improve the back four's concentration and application then we won't miss him too much.

Peacock Farrell would be good. Or Tim Krul. He no longer seems to be first choice at Norwich.

Not Archer though.

Jamie Cummings, last year of contract at Chelsea been doing really well on loan with Milton Keynes and probably ready for the step up to championship but not likely to make it at Chelsea.
Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 15:26 - Jul 6 with 4027 viewsDorse

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 15:25 - Jul 6 by QPR_Jim

Jamie Cummings, last year of contract at Chelsea been doing really well on loan with Milton Keynes and probably ready for the step up to championship but not likely to make it at Chelsea.

I'd love it if his nickname was 'Short'.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 15:28 - Jul 6 with 3993 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 15:26 - Jul 6 by Dorse

I'd love it if his nickname was 'Short'.

His Cider is infamous.
Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 15:42 - Jul 6 with 3847 viewsSK_hoops

One more player who will definitely score against us then.
Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 16:03 - Jul 6 with 3660 viewsMrSheen

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 15:25 - Jul 6 by QPR_Jim

Jamie would be no better than "second" there.
Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 16:05 - Jul 6 with 3636 viewsJuzzie

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 12:03 - Jul 6 by bosh67

Considering he's in his last year of contract I guess it's a million more than we got for Smithies. What I don't understand is everyone else getting £5-6m+ for average players and we get very little for ours?

Maybe our players just aren't that good, less than average.
Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 16:56 - Jul 6 with 3335 viewspaulparker

Good luck to Seny
He was a breath of fresh air after Lumley , not helped last year by our diabolical defending
With a bit of luck we can use the funds to secure a couple of decent defenders including a new right back

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 17:02 - Jul 6 with 3309 viewsconnell10

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 16:56 - Jul 6 by paulparker

Good luck to Seny
He was a breath of fresh air after Lumley , not helped last year by our diabolical defending
With a bit of luck we can use the funds to secure a couple of decent defenders including a new right back

Unfortunately mate I reckon it will all go towards FFP.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 17:22 - Jul 6 with 3158 viewsYorkshirehoop

Absolute joke to sell him for that amount of money.
Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 17:35 - Jul 6 with 3078 viewsE17hoop

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 17:22 - Jul 6 by Yorkshirehoop

Absolute joke to sell him for that amount of money.

We can only sell him at a price people are willing to pay. Slap a price tag on that people won't pay they'll hang on until January and get him even cheaper, or worse, we see him walk in the Summer next year and collect nothing.

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 17:37 - Jul 6 with 3045 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Good money if we get £2m. Signed on a free, sentout on loan, couple of seasons as number one, then flog him. Exactly what we should be doing.
Hopefully Joe Walsh is given the number 1 spot.
Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 18:43 - Jul 6 with 2757 viewsstainrods_elbow

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 17:35 - Jul 6 by E17hoop

We can only sell him at a price people are willing to pay. Slap a price tag on that people won't pay they'll hang on until January and get him even cheaper, or worse, we see him walk in the Summer next year and collect nothing.

It's just that we never, ever, seem to put ourselves in a strong position by slapping down a marker in these things and putting ourselves in the driving seat. It's because the club is financially mismanaged and there are still people in the building who should be getting their cards for their inertia, incompetence or both.

As for Seny, notwithstanding his terrible attitude and lack of professionalism for much of last season, and as much as I might agree the club should be looking to get him off the books, Dieng is a highly experienced Championship keeper with international caps who should be coming into the prime of his career - though it seems not with us. I'd say £4m is where we should be starting negotiations, and then we play hardball - or at least not softball - from there. In short, grow a pair of balls of whatever consistency for once, Rangers, and have some feckin' self-respect - if not for your sake then for ours!
[Post edited 6 Jul 2023 18:45]

Poll: On the basis of pre-season.the current squad, where will we finish this sea son?

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 18:56 - Jul 6 with 2680 viewsPunteR

The amount just reflects us as a club and how bad we where last season.. The fact we have no one of his caliber to take over when he goes just reflects how bad the club has been run the last few years. But then maybe with the money we get can buy another decent keeper ?.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 19:34 - Jul 6 with 2504 viewslave16

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 18:56 - Jul 6 by PunteR

The amount just reflects us as a club and how bad we where last season.. The fact we have no one of his caliber to take over when he goes just reflects how bad the club has been run the last few years. But then maybe with the money we get can buy another decent keeper ?.

Normally we sell a player for 2 million and take someone on loan who's wages cost us 2.5 million.

Did we not pay a small fortune for a young keeper a few years ago?

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 19:46 - Jul 6 with 2416 viewsA40Bosh

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 17:37 - Jul 6 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Good money if we get £2m. Signed on a free, sentout on loan, couple of seasons as number one, then flog him. Exactly what we should be doing.
Hopefully Joe Walsh is given the number 1 spot.

Will they think Joe Walsh is ready for life in the fast Lane?

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 19:49 - Jul 6 with 2398 viewsE17hoop

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 18:43 - Jul 6 by stainrods_elbow

It's just that we never, ever, seem to put ourselves in a strong position by slapping down a marker in these things and putting ourselves in the driving seat. It's because the club is financially mismanaged and there are still people in the building who should be getting their cards for their inertia, incompetence or both.

As for Seny, notwithstanding his terrible attitude and lack of professionalism for much of last season, and as much as I might agree the club should be looking to get him off the books, Dieng is a highly experienced Championship keeper with international caps who should be coming into the prime of his career - though it seems not with us. I'd say £4m is where we should be starting negotiations, and then we play hardball - or at least not softball - from there. In short, grow a pair of balls of whatever consistency for once, Rangers, and have some feckin' self-respect - if not for your sake then for ours!

At what point do we blink then? What if we don't get an offer at £4m before the window closes?

Dieng would play through to January do we still hold out for £4m? Is this when we blink?

End of the season he walks and we get nothing. We'd be blinking then bemoaning the fact we'd lost millions of pounds but at least we'd have 'grown a pair of balls'. 😶‍🌫️

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 19:56 - Jul 6 with 2332 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 19:46 - Jul 6 by A40Bosh

Only if he's hard headed and brutally handsome.
Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 21:29 - Jul 6 with 2038 viewsqpr1976

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 18:43 - Jul 6 by stainrods_elbow

I suspect if we did that, we’d get £0 end of next season.
Who’s likely to spend £4m on him ?
Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 21:38 - Jul 6 with 1967 viewsAntti_Heinola

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 18:56 - Jul 6 by PunteR

I'm not really sure any club has a keeper of the calibre of their number one ready to take over should they sell do they? If they do, it's very, very rare and usually only means the club has a young wonderkid that they actively want to get into the first team.
One poor season and suddenly everything the club has done for 7 years is 'poor' - it's a bit of an exaggeration imo.

Bare bones.

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 21:51 - Jul 6 with 1900 viewscolinallcars

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 19:46 - Jul 6 by A40Bosh

Life in the bus lane more like……
Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 22:06 - Jul 6 with 1827 viewsHoopsie

2 million is probably good money if he refused to renew. It is compelling Dykes did but not Dieng. Perhaps showed his commitment? Don’t buy the fact he wanted to play for a club that will increase his chances in the Senegal national team, he is going to another champ club not a PL club. Was good for first 2 seasons and a bit slack last which is probably not a good base to judge, almost the whole team was dodgy last term, however he only came good and was first choice at age of 26 whilst while he started a lot of fans weren’t sure not to mention the management team (Lumley was first choice ahead of him?) also, if he was the best in the division there will be keen interest from premier league clubs but although there was interest there is no firm bid so you could not say he was the best as those clubs would come in and get him to sit on their bench as second choice or third choice. No way was he Middlesbrough chief target, they couldn’t get Darlow a reserve PL keeper after another reserve keeper Steffen from city wasn’t available. The boro fans weren’t even sure of Dieng and Boro are also in for another keeper at the same time a younger Glover the Aussie lad from Melbourne city, why? Even Senegal weren’t sure as they kept picking Mendy and other keepers when Mendy wasn’t available, don’t think he will be Senegal number one with that move unless boro get promoted? So in these back drops I would say go with no regrets from us, no point turning your back on £2m. Hope he does good (but not against QPR and god forbid he scores against us!).

Poll: At this moment in time, whatever the situation, your thoughts on Chris Willock

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 22:39 - Jul 6 with 1706 viewsAndybrat

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 22:06 - Jul 6 by Hoopsie

2 million is probably good money if he refused to renew. It is compelling Dykes did but not Dieng. Perhaps showed his commitment? Don’t buy the fact he wanted to play for a club that will increase his chances in the Senegal national team, he is going to another champ club not a PL club. Was good for first 2 seasons and a bit slack last which is probably not a good base to judge, almost the whole team was dodgy last term, however he only came good and was first choice at age of 26 whilst while he started a lot of fans weren’t sure not to mention the management team (Lumley was first choice ahead of him?) also, if he was the best in the division there will be keen interest from premier league clubs but although there was interest there is no firm bid so you could not say he was the best as those clubs would come in and get him to sit on their bench as second choice or third choice. No way was he Middlesbrough chief target, they couldn’t get Darlow a reserve PL keeper after another reserve keeper Steffen from city wasn’t available. The boro fans weren’t even sure of Dieng and Boro are also in for another keeper at the same time a younger Glover the Aussie lad from Melbourne city, why? Even Senegal weren’t sure as they kept picking Mendy and other keepers when Mendy wasn’t available, don’t think he will be Senegal number one with that move unless boro get promoted? So in these back drops I would say go with no regrets from us, no point turning your back on £2m. Hope he does good (but not against QPR and god forbid he scores against us!).

Saw comments earlier, agree with the below. You know Smithies is a real shout, keepers don’t reach their peak until mid thirties and with his experience he would be invaluable to Walsh and Mahoney. Archer is simply not good enough, whereas we all know Smithies is. Free agent etc, would be a win win ( assuming salary expectations met)
Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 22:52 - Jul 6 with 1635 viewskensalriser

Funny thing about keepers, in the last ten years the ex QPR keeper with the best record by far - Premier League every season since 2015 - was rated by none of as I recall.

Alex McCarthy in case you're wondering.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 23:06 - Jul 6 with 1581 viewsAndybrat

Is he available?

Always liked him as well
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024