Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dieng to Boro for £2m 11:13 - Jul 6 with 30781 viewsE17hoop

Being suggested by a Talksport reporter.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Who do you want as next Next England manager?

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 13:01 - Jul 6 with 3578 viewsterryb

Wasn't Peacock-Farrell being mentioned earlier in the week on loan? I would suspect that Burnley would be more intereted in selling rather than loaning if they manage to buy Trafford though.

Since the World Cup, Dieng didn't perform like a £2 million pound 'keeper & I'm pleasantly surprised if we receive that amount. Admittedly, last summer I wouldn't have liked less than £5 million!
Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 13:12 - Jul 6 with 3403 viewsstevec

Seatbelts on.

We’re about to find out what it’s like for a League One side trying to stay in the Championship.
Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 13:22 - Jul 6 with 3319 viewsSuperhoops2808

I remember on here the doom and gloom when Dieng was put forward as our next first team keeper. Didnt turn out that bad and to be honest people who say he lost interest the 2nd half of last season, so would I if the 4 in front of me were so poor

Lets at least give Archer a chance to prove himself in an extended run in the side. Sad to see Seny go, and wish him luck... Still expect him to play in the PL
Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 13:31 - Jul 6 with 3216 viewsaston_hoop

Good move for him. Will go in as first choice for a team who will be amongst the promotion favourites.

So....Joe Lumley doesnt have a club yet.....

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 13:54 - Jul 6 with 3049 viewsAntti_Heinola

Huge loss.

Anyone who thinks he'll be simple to replace with our lack of money is living in a dreamworld I'm afraid.

Bare bones.

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 14:00 - Jul 6 with 2996 viewsSharpy36

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 13:54 - Jul 6 by Antti_Heinola

Huge loss.

Anyone who thinks he'll be simple to replace with our lack of money is living in a dreamworld I'm afraid.

Although we got him on a free transfer ?

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 14:01 - Jul 6 with 2988 viewswombat

Huge loss.

lost all intrest in dieng at blackpool cost us 3 goals that night and his attitude at the end of the game was somebody who knew he wouldnt ever be dropped only missed a couple of games last season and id say he cost us min 6 goals maybe few more. its crap money but we are over. a barrell this summer .

id actually take lumley back , before the villa head injury he was a good keeper , went wrong for him confidence wise after that im affraid , archer isnt the answer

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 14:01 - Jul 6 with 2989 viewsconnell10

Huge loss.

It's down to FFP just gotta suck it in.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Login to get fewer ads

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 14:05 - Jul 6 with 2954 viewsLazyFan

Well, Boro needs to replace Lums with a real keeper, so that will cost em.

Not sure this move will be good for Dieng; you see, Lums has, of course, left a bad taste, and now the locals see another keeper coming from QPR, but this time for monies. As the Boro fans may get on his back if has a few early bad games. Also, I am not sure staying in the Champ for even longer how this gets him his #1 spot for Senegal which he should have had ages ago as Mendy is drek.

In addition, unless he storms it, then there is no resale value for Boro, as he's 28. As he will be 29 by the time you sell him. Even Prem clubs like their keepers super young these days.

For QPR this is a good deal, £2m for a player in their last year of contract. A player also we can probably replace somewhat for a small if not for free cost. In addition, it means if you want to buy Willock then the price is £2m+ as we have shown, we can get that for a Keeper so if you want a Champ class forward that must be more regardless of last year of the contract.

And who knows QPR may turn around and use some of the money to renew Willock's contract like they did with Dykes. This way securing the asset as Hoo's would say. As we know Willock is much harder to replace.

zzzzzzzzzz

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 14:07 - Jul 6 with 2931 viewsBrianWilson

Ideally he would sign a new contract as think he has potential to be worth much more than that. He had one bad season.

"a diseased bunch of mofos if there ever was one, their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons." - Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 14:14 - Jul 6 with 2871 viewsToast_R

I don't think its too bad a deal TBH. Apart from his goal at Sunderland,, he was pretty average last season and certainly not improved.
Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 14:15 - Jul 6 with 2858 viewsLongRanger

Huge loss.

Agree to an extent, but he was a huge loss when playing for warburton given his distribution is very good, and his injury that season had a huge impact on our form, but under GA I don't see it so much, as we won't be playing out from the back in the same way.
Very good keeper, sad he's going, but not the loss it was in my opinion
Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 14:22 - Jul 6 with 2783 viewsAntti_Heinola

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 14:00 - Jul 6 by Sharpy36

Although we got him on a free transfer ?

and how long before he made the first team?

Bare bones.

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 14:24 - Jul 6 with 2748 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 14:14 - Jul 6 by Toast_R

I don't think its too bad a deal TBH. Apart from his goal at Sunderland,, he was pretty average last season and certainly not improved.

He’s been around a lot longer than last season though. We need to stop assessing players by their last six months.
(No subject) (n/t) on 14:24 - Jul 6 with 2748 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 14:14 - Jul 6 by Toast_R

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 14:25 - Jul 6 with 2749 viewscpgerber

He is not in the squad travelling to Austria, so looks like a foregone conclusion that he's off.

(Also didn't model the new keeper shirt ... they said because he returned late from international duty)
[Post edited 6 Jul 2023 14:26]
Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 14:27 - Jul 6 with 2689 viewsted_hendrix

Bye.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

(No subject) (n/t) on 14:27 - Jul 6 with 2682 viewsToast_R

(No subject) (n/t) on 14:24 - Jul 6 by BazzaInTheLoft

He ain't gonna sign a new deal so we sell him. We conceded a ridiculous amount of goals last season so I cannot see it his sale having that big an impact.
Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 14:33 - Jul 6 with 2627 viewsCateLeBonR

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 14:24 - Jul 6 by BazzaInTheLoft

He’s been around a lot longer than last season though. We need to stop assessing players by their last six months.

One of the poorest 6 months in our history at that. We weren’t playing to his strengths in that time and won’t be next season either so probably best he moves on. However I can’t help thinking that his best years are ahead of him.
Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 14:38 - Jul 6 with 2536 viewsMetallica_Hoop

2 Million seems ok to me, maybe with a sell on clause.

Shame but he probably feels he's done his journey with us and it's time to get off before he misses his stop. (no pun intended)

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 14:45 - Jul 6 with 2455 viewssprocket

Sorry to see him go. Solid if not particularly spectacular. Seemed like a good guy and popular with the group but a little too nice for my liking. I like keepers to be mean and nasty aka Paddy Kenny. Hope he has a good career.
Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 14:56 - Jul 6 with 2344 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 14:33 - Jul 6 by CateLeBonR

One of the poorest 6 months in our history at that. We weren’t playing to his strengths in that time and won’t be next season either so probably best he moves on. However I can’t help thinking that his best years are ahead of him.

I think everyone who played a part in last season probably had their worst season for us, and in the majority of cases their careers.

I’m realistic about the realities of this sale, but can’t see us getting better even with him out of form so it’s not to be urged or celebrated IMO.

Buffon would have conceded a ton of goals with that crepe paper defence in front of him.

Here’s hoping anyway!
(No subject) (n/t) on 14:57 - Jul 6 with 2328 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

(No subject) (n/t) on 14:27 - Jul 6 by Toast_R

He ain't gonna sign a new deal so we sell him. We conceded a ridiculous amount of goals last season so I cannot see it his sale having that big an impact.

Agree on the first but not on the second points!
Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 15:05 - Jul 6 with 2272 viewsLogman

Disappointed to see him go as he is the best keeper in the division on his day - with great handling / command of his area and great reflexes. However, if we can recruit a confident and reasonably experienced replacement who wants to play for us - and if we can massively improve the back four's concentration and application then we won't miss him too much.

Peacock Farrell would be good. Or Tim Krul. He no longer seems to be first choice at Norwich.

Not Archer though.
Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 15:15 - Jul 6 with 2174 viewsSonofpugwash

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 15:05 - Jul 6 by Logman

Disappointed to see him go as he is the best keeper in the division on his day - with great handling / command of his area and great reflexes. However, if we can recruit a confident and reasonably experienced replacement who wants to play for us - and if we can massively improve the back four's concentration and application then we won't miss him too much.

Peacock Farrell would be good. Or Tim Krul. He no longer seems to be first choice at Norwich.

Not Archer though.

"On his day".
Can't wait around for that day to come.
Cheerio.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024