Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Times Rumor 16:50 - Feb 23 with 37485 viewsitsbiga

Mate of mine is a sports correspondent at The Times. Strong rumor going round there today that Harry is toast in the morning.
He said "Should be in tomorrow's paper I think"
Sure its total rumor but thought I'd share it for some drama.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2014 16:56]

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Times Rumor on 13:11 - Feb 24 with 1935 viewsDANRANGER

No point changing manager now. We're still 4th and I do recall West Ham having a pretty shocking run and still going up through the play-offs and the rest is history as they say. Harry is making a lot of mistakes, hasn't a clue what his best team/formation is but we may as well support him until the end of the season and if he doesn't make top 6 then he'll be off anyway. Whatever happens we will have to re-build again what with 8 loanees and players out of contract so TF must be planning for this.

Shouldn't have lost against Charlton although very poor but a win against Leeds and we're back on track. 2nd place still up for grabs.
Times Rumor on 13:16 - Feb 24 with 1895 viewsWatfordR

Times Rumor on 12:50 - Feb 24 by Antti_Heinola

I'd bring back Warnock for the rest of the season, before a move 'upstairs'. Then over the next three/four months have a proper think, in consultation with Warnock, about the next appointment. If Laudrup is in by tomorrow, I think it'll be a big mistake. I still think it's very unlikely, though.

Seem to remember Warnock banging on about wanting to bring in Mackay after he retired?

Fine to have a football man "upstairs", but Warnock wouldn't be my idea of the right one. If we go the way of having a hands off manager, leaving first team coaching to his staff, then we need someone who is prepared to oversee all aspects of short, medium and long term development of the football side of the club from youth development upwards. Someone who is able to keep up with the sharp end of changes in training methods and technology.

That is actually a pretty large remit, and to my mind is a job for someone younger than Warnock.
Times Rumor on 13:18 - Feb 24 with 1883 viewsdaveB

Cardiff and Hull went into freefall at the end of the season last year and still went up, still plenty of games left to turn this around.

I don't think anyone knows our best team or formation so not surprised Redknapp is struggling with that, the injuries caused a panic and has left us in a bit of a mess. Burnley managed to replace Austin I still don't understand why we couldn't have managed it.

Of all the negatives at the moment I thought Morrison was quite promising on Saturday and will improve us.
Times Rumor on 13:20 - Feb 24 with 1861 viewsSudbury_Hill_R

Times Rumor on 11:56 - Feb 24 by 08olesen

Sky says Laudrup 'rumored' to be at HQ.

My info is that he is too. I'm off for a quick dash to waste a tenner at the bookies!
Times Rumor on 13:21 - Feb 24 with 1847 viewsGloucs_R

Times Rumor on 13:20 - Feb 24 by Sudbury_Hill_R

My info is that he is too. I'm off for a quick dash to waste a tenner at the bookies!

and where is your info from?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Times Rumor on 13:21 - Feb 24 with 1839 viewsSudbury_Hill_R

Times Rumor on 13:21 - Feb 24 by Gloucs_R

and where is your info from?

Within HQ

Edit: Obviously doesn't mean anything about being given a job.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2014 13:22]
Times Rumor on 13:24 - Feb 24 with 1806 viewspaulparker

Times Rumor on 12:30 - Feb 24 by Gloucs_R

Who would you want and why?

on a previous thread I put the idea across that TF needs to have a serious look at making us an Ajax,Swansea,Athletico Bilbao etc
and that is get a DOF Gerry Francis maybe even Glen Hoddle, not to interfere with the Manger in team selections but to help our coaches, implement ideas and have a say in player recruitment, we should also look to get in Olly as manager and have say Birch & Furlong as coaches with one day having the opportunity to manage the club
we need QPR men like the Gallens,Bardsley, maybe even Waddock working with the youth, our under 11's to the first team should play one system or be able to adapt to different positions when asked
we need players coming through who should aspire to wear our number 10 shirt
we need to look at scouting and get young talent from over all over Europe give them a platform to flourish maybe sell on for a massive profit
get a partnership with Ajax, Bilbao, etc share ideas
QPR used to be about doing things different, we have the chance now to change it
we have a new training ground and a new stadium, if we have a blue print now then we have every chance of having a club ethos so we are ready and settled for the new stadium,
this has to be better than what we have been doing the last few years

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Times Rumor on 13:25 - Feb 24 with 1798 viewsTheBlob

Times Rumor on 13:20 - Feb 24 by Sudbury_Hill_R

16/1?Sorely tempted......

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Login to get fewer ads

Times Rumor on 13:26 - Feb 24 with 1775 viewsSudbury_Hill_R

Times Rumor on 13:25 - Feb 24 by TheBlob

16/1?Sorely tempted......

Exactly. The price of a couple of beers to win plenty more but with my luck it's all very unlikely.
Times Rumor on 13:27 - Feb 24 with 1756 viewsToast_R

Times Rumor on 11:56 - Feb 24 by 08olesen

Sky says Laudrup 'rumored' to be at HQ.

Great, another striker on loan way passed his best...
Times Rumor on 13:27 - Feb 24 with 1749 viewsNov77

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/the-futures-bright-for-qpr--harry-redkn

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Times Rumor on 13:28 - Feb 24 with 1742 viewsGloucs_R

Times Rumor on 13:24 - Feb 24 by paulparker

on a previous thread I put the idea across that TF needs to have a serious look at making us an Ajax,Swansea,Athletico Bilbao etc
and that is get a DOF Gerry Francis maybe even Glen Hoddle, not to interfere with the Manger in team selections but to help our coaches, implement ideas and have a say in player recruitment, we should also look to get in Olly as manager and have say Birch & Furlong as coaches with one day having the opportunity to manage the club
we need QPR men like the Gallens,Bardsley, maybe even Waddock working with the youth, our under 11's to the first team should play one system or be able to adapt to different positions when asked
we need to look at scouting and get young talent from over all over Europe give them a platform to flourish maybe sell on for a massive profit
QPR used to be about doing things different, we have the chance now to change it
we have a new training ground and a new stadium, if we have a blue print now then we have every chance of having a club ethos so we are ready and settled for the new stadium,

Hoddle as Director of the Academy / football would be amazing.

Times Rumor on 13:29 - Feb 24 with 1723 viewsGloucs_R

Times Rumor on 13:21 - Feb 24 by Sudbury_Hill_R

Within HQ

Edit: Obviously doesn't mean anything about being given a job.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2014 13:22]

Not Betty who makes the tea? She tell you anything for a hob nob

Times Rumor on 13:31 - Feb 24 with 1698 viewsQPunkR

Times Rumor on 13:27 - Feb 24 by Toast_R

Great, another striker on loan way passed his best...

QPR - "shit but local"

Times Rumor on 13:32 - Feb 24 with 1696 viewsSudbury_Hill_R

Times Rumor on 13:29 - Feb 24 by Gloucs_R

Not Betty who makes the tea? She tell you anything for a hob nob

and then some
Times Rumor on 13:39 - Feb 24 with 1614 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Times Rumor on 13:28 - Feb 24 by Gloucs_R

Hoddle as Director of the Academy / football would be amazing.

He's a horrible man. I know we've made a habit of recruiting them recently, but...ugh.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Times Rumor on 13:42 - Feb 24 with 1573 viewsTheBlob

Times Rumor on 13:26 - Feb 24 by Sudbury_Hill_R

Exactly. The price of a couple of beers to win plenty more but with my luck it's all very unlikely.

Probably Victor Chandler with a mask on.

Again.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Times Rumor on 13:43 - Feb 24 with 1567 viewsLoftusRdW12

Times Rumor on 13:27 - Feb 24 by Nov77

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/the-futures-bright-for-qpr--harry-redkn

"Meanwhile, Redknapp has revealed he hopes top scorer Charlie Austin will return from a shoulder injury before the end of the season. The QPR boss also admitted he will undergo a knee replacement operation in the summer."

Hope the knee replacement part was referring to Redknapp! Not in a bad way like..

"I still don't know who scored our first and third goals. I'll have a look tonight." Neil Warnock

Times Rumor on 13:44 - Feb 24 with 1564 views08olesen

Times Rumor on 13:24 - Feb 24 by paulparker

I did enjoy that. I agree with all of what you said a part from the 'share' with Ajax bit. What the fuk do they want from us, a part from using our ground before they play arsenal or chelsea maybe?

Poll: Who will the other play off

Times Rumor on 13:46 - Feb 24 with 1548 viewsessextaxiboy

Maybe Laudrup is coming in to do some coaching as Mclaren did.

I still think Redknapp should be allowed to succeed or fail with his players and methods this season .
Times Rumor on 13:49 - Feb 24 with 1517 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Times Rumor on 13:27 - Feb 24 by Nov77

"if you said at the start of the season that we’d make the play-offs, we’d have been quite happy."

Utter nonsense. I can't imagine that the board would've set the target so low.

Redknapp and the board are in full PR mode now and they are going at each other through the press. All of this can be traced back to Fernandes' tweet on Friday.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Times Rumor on 13:54 - Feb 24 with 1452 viewsAntti_Heinola

Times Rumor on 13:18 - Feb 24 by daveB

Cardiff and Hull went into freefall at the end of the season last year and still went up, still plenty of games left to turn this around.

I don't think anyone knows our best team or formation so not surprised Redknapp is struggling with that, the injuries caused a panic and has left us in a bit of a mess. Burnley managed to replace Austin I still don't understand why we couldn't have managed it.

Of all the negatives at the moment I thought Morrison was quite promising on Saturday and will improve us.

dave, if they still went up they didn't go into 'freefall' did they? although 3 wins out of the last 13 from cardiff was, i admit, not great ;)

Bare bones.

Times Rumor on 13:57 - Feb 24 with 1439 viewsessextaxiboy

Times Rumor on 12:30 - Feb 24 by Gloucs_R

Who would you want and why?

Hoddle.

Make the change on the last day of this season wherever we end up .

Plays good football , can command the respect of big names and egos , good knowledge of European football and players . Adapted his methods for whatever the division he is managing in .Available to pre sign now and evaluate what he is going to get and plan .

Con .. He is a bit odd , but this is the Rangers .

maybe Gaz as his assistant
[Post edited 24 Feb 2014 13:59]
Times Rumor on 13:57 - Feb 24 with 1436 viewsPinnerPaul

Times Rumor on 13:49 - Feb 24 by BrianMcCarthy

"if you said at the start of the season that we’d make the play-offs, we’d have been quite happy."

Redknapp and the board are in full PR mode now and they are going at each other through the press. All of this can be traced back to Fernandes' tweet on Friday.

Its not utter nonsense as far as fans concerned, many on here "happy" to avoid relegation in the summer.

Utter tosh of course, as can be seen on here this weekend and today!
Times Rumor on 14:00 - Feb 24 with 1412 viewsAntti_Heinola

Times Rumor on 13:49 - Feb 24 by BrianMcCarthy

traced to last Friday, Brian? Really?
I suspect it goes back much, much further - Redknapp bleating about not being able to sign Bridge, maybe? Redknapp bleating on and on about Benayoun, who I'm sure he told the board was the missing piece we desperately needed. And then I'm sure he was begging for signing after signing on deadline day. But you're right, it was a tweet asking the players and manager to stand up and be counted that did it.
Love your writing and opinions, Brian, but that's laughable.

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024