Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Times Rumor 16:50 - Feb 23 with 37483 viewsitsbiga

Mate of mine is a sports correspondent at The Times. Strong rumor going round there today that Harry is toast in the morning.
He said "Should be in tomorrow's paper I think"
Sure its total rumor but thought I'd share it for some drama.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2014 16:56]

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Times Rumor on 11:26 - Feb 24 with 2337 viewssimmo

I wouldn't want Laudrup. Track record of great initial impact followed by very poor second season. I would want someone that looks at all elements of the club from the foundations up. Mackay would be perfect IMO, Cardiff should never have let him go.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Times Rumor on 11:31 - Feb 24 with 2307 viewsDiscodroid

Times Rumor on 11:19 - Feb 24 by TheBlob

Well if you're determined to be anal about this I seem to remember a certain WatfordR saying "But then he's never been able to do wrong for you and one or two others, who have been fairly conspicuous in their absence on here this weekend "

Now grow up.

ere bolb ,they cant burn /bury their deaths head harry insignia quick enough now..

ive been keeping a detailed journal , in a sealed bag, hiding it in a false bottom of joe jordans colostomy bag.

like al capones accountant ive been keeping records and shall see that it falls into the right hands if anything unfortunate happens to me. ie being bored to death by an aunt nelly/iswaqprrcity posting.

there can be no whitewash at the loftus road white house.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2014 11:32]

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Times Rumor on 11:31 - Feb 24 with 2308 viewsWatfordR

Times Rumor on 11:19 - Feb 24 by TheBlob

Well if you're determined to be anal about this I seem to remember a certain WatfordR saying "But then he's never been able to do wrong for you and one or two others, who have been fairly conspicuous in their absence on here this weekend "

Now grow up.

In response to:

"You have hated Redknapp from day one."

But, as we have already established, its fine to defend Redknapp all you like, just dont come on here and criticise him.

There's a bit of growing up required all round.
Times Rumor on 11:46 - Feb 24 with 2233 viewsdaveB

Times Rumor on 11:25 - Feb 24 by 08olesen

I dont see whats wrong with him. He fits exactly what we are after doesnt he.

Young
Promotes Youth
Plays nice football
Good young Signings - Bony, Pozzuelo, Chico, Shelvy

Swansea players almost went on strike last year over problems in training, he's a very hands off coach and I think the one thing we need is a manager who wants to get his hands dirty and build a football club. He's fine if all we want is a big name coach who has a decent short term impact. The stories coming out of Swansea recently don't paint him in a good light
Times Rumor on 11:54 - Feb 24 with 2181 views08olesen

Times Rumor on 11:26 - Feb 24 by simmo

I wouldn't want Laudrup. Track record of great initial impact followed by very poor second season. I would want someone that looks at all elements of the club from the foundations up. Mackay would be perfect IMO, Cardiff should never have let him go.

What has malky done, he got a team up with a wealth of resources. What evidence do you have that he restructured the club, its all media talk because he was sacked by old Vinnie Tan and people feel sorry for him. Did he actually do a great job, or did he just achieve what they should have achieved with any manager.

Laudrup may well not be the answer (although i think he is), but its not Malky because he has had lots of money and did average. Personally i think we should go aborad and look at Tuchel or another young manager who can bring in young tallent from abroad while we get our training ground sorted.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Times Rumor on 11:56 - Feb 24 with 2167 views08olesen

Sky says Laudrup 'rumored' to be at HQ.

Times Rumor on 11:57 - Feb 24 with 2162 viewsadhoc_qpr

Actually thinking about it in the short term - would any of these managers (Clarke, Laudrup, Mackay, Di Matteo) do a worse job than Redknapp and his cronies?

I doubt it!

New manager bounce (which we never seem to get) and the players having to pull their fingers out would probably be enough to secure a playoff berth.

If we lose to Leeds i think that might be incentive enough for TF to pull the trigger.
Times Rumor on 11:59 - Feb 24 with 2147 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Times Rumor on 11:56 - Feb 24 by 08olesen

Can't see them bringing him through the Odemwingie door while Redknap is still in-situ.

I'm doubting Sky and the rumourmongers, 08olesen, not you obviously.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Times Rumor on 12:00 - Feb 24 with 2136 viewskropotkin41

Times Rumor on 11:57 - Feb 24 by adhoc_qpr

Actually thinking about it in the short term - would any of these managers (Clarke, Laudrup, Mackay, Di Matteo) do a worse job than Redknapp and his cronies?

I doubt it!

New manager bounce (which we never seem to get) and the players having to pull their fingers out would probably be enough to secure a playoff berth.

If we lose to Leeds i think that might be incentive enough for TF to pull the trigger.

Anyone coming in who's prepared to look at our last three seasons and the state of the squad and who, on top of that is prepared to say to TF that we need to think about the team in the same way we appear to be thinking about the stadium, that is to say for the long term, would be better than HR.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Times Rumor on 12:03 - Feb 24 with 2114 viewsGloucs_R

Laudrup has been at LR, I have this confirmed

Poll: Are we staying up?

Times Rumor on 12:10 - Feb 24 with 2061 viewssimmo

Times Rumor on 11:54 - Feb 24 by 08olesen

What has malky done, he got a team up with a wealth of resources. What evidence do you have that he restructured the club, its all media talk because he was sacked by old Vinnie Tan and people feel sorry for him. Did he actually do a great job, or did he just achieve what they should have achieved with any manager.

Laudrup may well not be the answer (although i think he is), but its not Malky because he has had lots of money and did average. Personally i think we should go aborad and look at Tuchel or another young manager who can bring in young tallent from abroad while we get our training ground sorted.

I like his style. It is nothing to do with how he was sacked, I wanted him while he was still there. That Cardiff team had a good mix and nearly all of his signings were made through scouting. He also won that league with them during the backdrop of crazy management, kit changes and protests about the clubs identity. They have spent money here and there but generally only on younger players with sell on value (Medel, Caulker, etc). It also shows what a decent job he was doing as they have collapsed entirely since he went.

I don't actually think there are many stand out options available to us but somebody like Mackay did a good job at a struggling Watford before taking on a Cardiff club that changed its owners, the colour of their kit and a move to a new stadium all within a few years and brought them up as champions. That is a lot of factors to deal with all at once.

I also wanted Poyet but then there was the nasty exit from Brighton so you never know really and it's all hypothetical anyway, Redknapp is our manager atm and I thought he was the right appointment at the time.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Times Rumor on 12:12 - Feb 24 with 2052 viewsthame_hoops

really? cant see anything on their web page?
Times Rumor on 12:13 - Feb 24 with 2035 viewsdaveB

Times Rumor on 11:57 - Feb 24 by adhoc_qpr

I doubt it!

If we lose to Leeds he's a goner but i wouldn't put any money on those other managers changing things dramatically.
Times Rumor on 12:18 - Feb 24 with 1994 viewspaulparker

im not in the Laudrup in camp, but would it be the end of the world if he did come ?
after all in his first season he won a trophy, qualified for europe, and for me played better football than Brendan Rodgers
also he has an eye for a young player abroad and gets them for peanuts
that was always what we was good at getting young talent in and selling them off
HR cannot stay and shouldnt i was one of those last year saying arry should have time and had many a debate with 1882 over it , i admit i was wrong
all you have to do is look across london and the job pullis has done at Palace to see that HR could and should have done a lot better last season as well,
The bloke is an East End Crook and the sooner he Farks off the better

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Times Rumor on 12:19 - Feb 24 with 1990 views08olesen

Times Rumor on 12:12 - Feb 24 by thame_hoops

really? cant see anything on their web page?

It was on the Sky Sports Channel

Times Rumor on 12:30 - Feb 24 with 1935 viewsGloucs_R

Times Rumor on 12:18 - Feb 24 by paulparker

im not in the Laudrup in camp, but would it be the end of the world if he did come ?
after all in his first season he won a trophy, qualified for europe, and for me played better football than Brendan Rodgers
also he has an eye for a young player abroad and gets them for peanuts
that was always what we was good at getting young talent in and selling them off
HR cannot stay and shouldnt i was one of those last year saying arry should have time and had many a debate with 1882 over it , i admit i was wrong
all you have to do is look across london and the job pullis has done at Palace to see that HR could and should have done a lot better last season as well,
The bloke is an East End Crook and the sooner he Farks off the better

Who would you want and why?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Times Rumor on 12:42 - Feb 24 with 1846 viewsTheBlob

Times Rumor on 11:31 - Feb 24 by WatfordR

In response to:

"You have hated Redknapp from day one."

But, as we have already established, its fine to defend Redknapp all you like, just dont come on here and criticise him.

There's a bit of growing up required all round.

(note to self....what have we learned about arguing with the anally retentive/self righteous?Just agree with them it'll be a lot quicker,and don't react to the inevitable lame reply.)

Yes dear,whatever you say.

Have you had you fruit and fibre today?

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Times Rumor on 12:49 - Feb 24 with 1788 viewsadhoc_qpr

Times Rumor on 12:00 - Feb 24 by kropotkin41

Anyone coming in who's prepared to look at our last three seasons and the state of the squad and who, on top of that is prepared to say to TF that we need to think about the team in the same way we appear to be thinking about the stadium, that is to say for the long term, would be better than HR.

That's what we need, a long term thinker who will examine past mistakes.

But i was just saying in the short term, any change will likely be an improvement because we have become stale and turgid under Redknapp and he doesn't have either the tactical skills or the energy for the final push.
Times Rumor on 12:50 - Feb 24 with 1777 viewsAntti_Heinola

Times Rumor on 12:30 - Feb 24 by Gloucs_R

Who would you want and why?

I'd bring back Warnock for the rest of the season, before a move 'upstairs'. Then over the next three/four months have a proper think, in consultation with Warnock, about the next appointment. If Laudrup is in by tomorrow, I think it'll be a big mistake. I still think it's very unlikely, though.

Bare bones.

Times Rumor on 12:54 - Feb 24 with 1758 viewsadhoc_qpr

Times Rumor on 12:50 - Feb 24 by Antti_Heinola

I'd bring back Warnock for the rest of the season, before a move 'upstairs'. Then over the next three/four months have a proper think, in consultation with Warnock, about the next appointment. If Laudrup is in by tomorrow, I think it'll be a big mistake. I still think it's very unlikely, though.

At least Laudrup would look at signing a different profile of player and take advantage of his knowledge of the European leagues.

Don't think he's the right man, but at least it would be different mistakes he'd make!
Times Rumor on 12:54 - Feb 24 with 1753 viewsTheBlob

Bang on.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Times Rumor on 12:57 - Feb 24 with 1721 viewsDoughnut

Yes, I'd second Blob's Bang on. Sounds like the first good idea I've heard.
Times Rumor on 13:00 - Feb 24 with 1693 viewsdaveB

Times Rumor on 12:54 - Feb 24 by adhoc_qpr

At least Laudrup would look at signing a different profile of player and take advantage of his knowledge of the European leagues.

Don't think he's the right man, but at least it would be different mistakes he'd make!

same mistakes again imo, no homework done on him just go for him as he's free, big name and done well elsewhere. He might do ok he might not but the core problems at the club are going to remain
Times Rumor on 13:02 - Feb 24 with 1680 viewsCiderwithRsie

Prehistoric monster rumoured to be in Loch Ness.

I reckon it could do a job for us.
Times Rumor on 13:03 - Feb 24 with 1674 views08olesen

Another concern i have is that we go on about restructuring and learning from mistakes, but lets be honest we have no idea which managers will do that and which wont.

Its not a small job, and most managers would let the CEO deal with the youth academy and stadium. So why are we talking about someone coming in to do that.

And before anyone says it, Beard has done well on the plans for warren farm and the stadium. The only thing we have a go at 'upstairs' is the fact that they have released a lot of money to managers for shit players. But as i will say again, its not their responsibility to sort that out , its the manager.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024