Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Times Rumor 16:50 - Feb 23 with 37397 viewsitsbiga

Mate of mine is a sports correspondent at The Times. Strong rumor going round there today that Harry is toast in the morning.
He said "Should be in tomorrow's paper I think"
Sure its total rumor but thought I'd share it for some drama.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2014 16:56]

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Times Rumor on 19:33 - Feb 23 with 3226 viewsGloucs_R

Completely bull sh1tting but wanted to see how long before it got onto twitter....about 15 mins.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Times Rumor on 19:33 - Feb 23 with 3240 viewsQPRDave

Times Rumor on 19:13 - Feb 23 by Gloucs_R

Just been told that its defo a British manager, fairly young and can start straight away.

Is it David Brent?!!!
Times Rumor on 19:34 - Feb 23 with 3231 viewsSudbury_Hill_R

Times Rumor on 19:31 - Feb 23 by QPRDave

It's amazing how bookies and papers read stuff on websites and then react to it

Agree. They've taken note as usual. Max bet they would take is £220 at evens. Not a penny from me I can assure you. Just an enquiry on what's available at the moment.
Times Rumor on 19:34 - Feb 23 with 3227 viewsrosseeles

The spell we had mclaren, while we were no means the barca of the championship, we were a huge distance better than when he left, I think that says a lot about Harry, for me when he joined us in the prem he looked interested, even fired up in some interviews , frankly this season you could take any single pre game interview and use it for the following weeks, the only difference has been when he's not been talking about us, I.e bale or other teams

I wouldn't blame tony if he got rid of Harry, personally I wish he kept warnock
Times Rumor on 19:37 - Feb 23 with 3180 viewsGloucs_R

Times Rumor on 19:33 - Feb 23 by QPRDave

Is it David Brent?!!!

Poll: Are we staying up?

Times Rumor on 19:37 - Feb 23 with 3196 viewsLambourn

Times Rumor on 18:54 - Feb 23 by Sudbury_Hill_R

Even money now. Sir Les 10-1

Are you on then C? I bet J is. Tourz for hannon on Wednesday worth a bet.
Times Rumor on 19:38 - Feb 23 with 3176 viewsWatfordR

Times Rumor on 19:28 - Feb 23 by daveB

amusing that Fernandes talks of long term project yet in reality is looking for anther short term fix.

It wouldn't surprise me if they made change but not sure it's going to make much of a difference, for all the moans about Redknapp the players have got off lightly imo, they have been crap for a while now and showed nowhere near enough yesterday

Sorry, not having that.

Redknapp spent all last season slagging off Hughes for creating a toxic dressing room instead of doing what he was paid to do and keeping us up.

We were told constantly by Redknapp that this year we'd have a squad full of "the right sort". If they are crap, its down to him and his support team - I'd hesitate to call it a coaching team.

it's about time that crooked c*nt was called to account and exposed for the professional bullshit merchant he is and always has been.
Times Rumor on 19:41 - Feb 23 with 3140 viewsSudbury_Hill_R

Times Rumor on 19:37 - Feb 23 by Lambourn

Are you on then C? I bet J is. Tourz for hannon on Wednesday worth a bet.

No. We left alone. Cheers for Wednesday. I'm sure J will be in the know already!
Login to get fewer ads

Times Rumor on 19:41 - Feb 23 with 3139 viewsdaveB

Times Rumor on 19:38 - Feb 23 by WatfordR

Sorry, not having that.

Redknapp spent all last season slagging off Hughes for creating a toxic dressing room instead of doing what he was paid to do and keeping us up.

We were told constantly by Redknapp that this year we'd have a squad full of "the right sort". If they are crap, its down to him and his support team - I'd hesitate to call it a coaching team.

it's about time that crooked c*nt was called to account and exposed for the professional bullshit merchant he is and always has been.

so the players should take no responsibility at all? Every miss placed pass is down to the manager not the individual making the mistake.

I know you've hated Redknapp from day one but if he goes it will be the same players still doing the same things
Times Rumor on 19:44 - Feb 23 with 3111 viewsQPRDave

Times Rumor on 19:37 - Feb 23 by Gloucs_R

Ha ha the most cringey manager ever!!
Times Rumor on 19:45 - Feb 23 with 3097 viewswombat

Times Rumor on 19:41 - Feb 23 by daveB

so the players should take no responsibility at all? Every miss placed pass is down to the manager not the individual making the mistake.

I know you've hated Redknapp from day one but if he goes it will be the same players still doing the same things

what was interesting yesterday with harry , he wasn't in his dug out much oct of the season he's slumped in the corner of the dug out while others shout instructions yesterday don't remember him siting down once during the game , maybe he is feeling the pressure

would also like to say one thing about charlton ill never complain about lack of leg room in the loft , deck me that was the most uncomfortable I've been at any football ground in the uk

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Times Rumor on 19:54 - Feb 23 with 3006 viewsSpiritofGregory

Times Rumor on 19:24 - Feb 23 by DieByYourSide

You know it makes sense.
Times Rumor on 19:56 - Feb 23 with 3003 viewsUPPERLOFTNZ

Quite a few stories popping up online now about "how uncomfortable Harry is after his knee op" and saying he will resign end of season.. can see him resigning soon and blaming the knee making way for a successor with minimum of embarrassment... please not Zola tho!

Football is Faith
Poll: OK.. Next season. Where do you think we will finish?

Times Rumor on 20:05 - Feb 23 with 2909 viewsLambourn

Times Rumor on 19:41 - Feb 23 by Sudbury_Hill_R

No. We left alone. Cheers for Wednesday. I'm sure J will be in the know already!

This ones steve knights not T.G. so I dont know. Took some 5/4 just now only a few quid tho. Nothing to silly.
Times Rumor on 20:07 - Feb 23 with 2895 viewsBexleyQPR

Yesterday was the first time that my patience with HR was near to breaking point. A team of strangers. I dont think there will be much gained from TF giving him the tin tac. Better hobble along as we are currently doing; make play offs, if we are lucky. Then in the Summer rebuild properly - younger manager and players who are committed and have more than one season left in them

Poll: Are QPR the Finest Team in all the land?

Times Rumor on 20:10 - Feb 23 with 2857 viewsWatfordR

Of course the players need to take responsibility once they cross the line, but they are not responsible for the playing style or lack of it, they are not responsible for the ever changing formation and line ups. Redknapp may not coach the team - he wouldnt know where to start and has no interest in doing so - but he is responsible for employing the prehistoric no marks Jordan, Bond and Downes, and is therefore responsible for the consequent turgid rubbish being displayed by the team game after game.

End of the day, its Redknapp's players and Redknapp's coaching team. 68% possession with no shots on target against a team second from bottom tells its own story, the same one that has been told again and again over the course of this season. Personally I don't think it's fair to lumber anyone else with his mess for the remainder of this season, but if I were TF, I would now be preparing a replacement for Redknapp as soon as this season's outcome has been decided.
Times Rumor on 20:20 - Feb 23 with 2775 viewsdaveB

Times Rumor on 20:10 - Feb 23 by WatfordR

Of course the players need to take responsibility once they cross the line, but they are not responsible for the playing style or lack of it, they are not responsible for the ever changing formation and line ups. Redknapp may not coach the team - he wouldnt know where to start and has no interest in doing so - but he is responsible for employing the prehistoric no marks Jordan, Bond and Downes, and is therefore responsible for the consequent turgid rubbish being displayed by the team game after game.

End of the day, its Redknapp's players and Redknapp's coaching team. 68% possession with no shots on target against a team second from bottom tells its own story, the same one that has been told again and again over the course of this season. Personally I don't think it's fair to lumber anyone else with his mess for the remainder of this season, but if I were TF, I would now be preparing a replacement for Redknapp as soon as this season's outcome has been decided.

agree they are not responsible for the tactics or team selection but no way is Redknapp sending them out and saying don't have a shot and don't try and create chances, plenty of times yesterday players got into good positions and bottled making the killer pass or having a shot, you can't put all the blame for recent displays on Redknapp and I know it's not a popular view but injuries have certainly killed us in the last month.

Redknapp has always been a very good man manager and able to build good sides, everywhere he has been he's done this and he's not a million mlies away from doing it here but questions should possibly be asked why he and Hughes before him have failed, answer is probably at the top of the club
Times Rumor on 20:27 - Feb 23 with 2723 viewsQPR1882

Why the fck should the players take any resposibility ? they never took any while MH was manager, why does Harry get off lightly ?
Times Rumor on 20:32 - Feb 23 with 2682 viewsdolcelatte

Times Rumor on 20:20 - Feb 23 by daveB

agree they are not responsible for the tactics or team selection but no way is Redknapp sending them out and saying don't have a shot and don't try and create chances, plenty of times yesterday players got into good positions and bottled making the killer pass or having a shot, you can't put all the blame for recent displays on Redknapp and I know it's not a popular view but injuries have certainly killed us in the last month.

Redknapp has always been a very good man manager and able to build good sides, everywhere he has been he's done this and he's not a million mlies away from doing it here but questions should possibly be asked why he and Hughes before him have failed, answer is probably at the top of the club

nail on head

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

Times Rumor on 20:36 - Feb 23 with 2645 viewsSpiritofGregory

Harry's decent signings are the ones we've had to pay big money for. The rest have been former players of his that are just happy to pick up a pay check and lone signings from former clubs.

Hughes was the same, he brought in backroom staff who he claimed would find quality players and all he produced were a bunch flawed prem rejects.

Lazy management.
Times Rumor on 20:38 - Feb 23 with 2637 viewsWatfordR

Times Rumor on 20:20 - Feb 23 by daveB

It isn't a question of what Redknapp and co are telling the players, more a question of what they aren't telling the players.

Offensively the team are every bit as incoherent as they were under Hughes. When you have players who have generally played at a higher level, they will look to a more professional level of preparation than they have received under Hughes and Redknapp, and if they dont get it, their level of interest will wane, no matter how much they are told how triffik and top top top they are. It's one thing when you have the likes of Bale and Van Der Vaart to create something with individual world class talent, but our lot need a bit more. If we had a system that was worked on every day and understood inside and out by the players, injuries wouldn't necessarily have the impact they have.
Times Rumor on 20:42 - Feb 23 with 2612 viewsSpiritofGregory

Times Rumor on 20:38 - Feb 23 by WatfordR

It isn't a question of what Redknapp and co are telling the players, more a question of what they aren't telling the players.

Offensively the team are every bit as incoherent as they were under Hughes. When you have players who have generally played at a higher level, they will look to a more professional level of preparation than they have received under Hughes and Redknapp, and if they dont get it, their level of interest will wane, no matter how much they are told how triffik and top top top they are. It's one thing when you have the likes of Bale and Van Der Vaart to create something with individual world class talent, but our lot need a bit more. If we had a system that was worked on every day and understood inside and out by the players, injuries wouldn't necessarily have the impact they have.

Unfortunately we have signed a load of duds, thankfully they'll be gone at the end of the season.
Times Rumor on 21:01 - Feb 23 with 2464 viewsdaveB

Times Rumor on 20:38 - Feb 23 by WatfordR

i don't know what kind of preparation they get under Redknapp but think it's a leap to say they have lost interest due to Redknapp, I don't think thats the case at all. These are experienced players who have played at the top level so shouldn't need their hands held and told against a struggling team they might want to have a shot
Times Rumor on 21:32 - Feb 23 with 2332 viewsWatfordR

Times Rumor on 21:01 - Feb 23 by daveB

i don't know what kind of preparation they get under Redknapp but think it's a leap to say they have lost interest due to Redknapp, I don't think thats the case at all. These are experienced players who have played at the top level so shouldn't need their hands held and told against a struggling team they might want to have a shot

But he is the manager, Its his team, these are players that by and large he has brought to the club. If they are not performing, whose fault is it? In any walk of life, if you manage a group of people and they dont perform, whose responsibility is it?

Guaranteed if they get promoted, Redknapp will be busy telling everyone its down to him. Whether he is still here or not.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2014 21:33]
Times Rumor on 21:49 - Feb 23 with 2248 viewsted_hendrix

We seem to be going round in circles here, HR is the Manager the Manager's role is just that and he must carry full responsibility for results and performances, its his responsibility to check and make sure that every player and member of his own training staff (his own) do their respective jobs to the best of their ability's.
HR and HR alone is the top man at the club when it comes to football, nobody else.
Since he's been here he's got us relegated and it looks to me like he's not gonna get us promoted now either, as things stand I call that failure.
Other people can call it what they want, oh and jesus wept we're shit to watch and have been for an awful long time, powder coat it how you want.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024