Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Times Rumor 16:50 - Feb 23 with 37482 viewsitsbiga

Mate of mine is a sports correspondent at The Times. Strong rumor going round there today that Harry is toast in the morning.
He said "Should be in tomorrow's paper I think"
Sure its total rumor but thought I'd share it for some drama.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2014 16:56]

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Times Rumor on 14:07 - Feb 24 with 1791 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Times Rumor on 13:57 - Feb 24 by PinnerPaul

Its not utter nonsense as far as fans concerned, many on here "happy" to avoid relegation in the summer.

Utter tosh of course, as can be seen on here this weekend and today!

My point is that it is highly unlikely the board would have agreed with those aims at the start of the season, and him saying the opposite in the press is pure PR.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Times Rumor on 14:08 - Feb 24 with 1781 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Times Rumor on 14:00 - Feb 24 by Antti_Heinola

traced to last Friday, Brian? Really?
I suspect it goes back much, much further - Redknapp bleating about not being able to sign Bridge, maybe? Redknapp bleating on and on about Benayoun, who I'm sure he told the board was the missing piece we desperately needed. And then I'm sure he was begging for signing after signing on deadline day. But you're right, it was a tweet asking the players and manager to stand up and be counted that did it.
Love your writing and opinions, Brian, but that's laughable.

You're right, Antti, sorry. poorly explained.

I should have said that this latest press bout in particular goes back to Friday.

Times Rumor on 14:09 - Feb 24 with 1772 viewsqprewan

IMO Redknapp needs to go now. On sat Kevin Bond, HRs right hand man and main coach gave an honest albeit clueless assessment of our position. Among other things he admitted that we are not scoring goals and that he did not expect this to change! Well if this is the case then whst on earth is the point of keeping them at the club- they have clearly run out of ideas- end of...
Times Rumor on 14:13 - Feb 24 with 1735 viewsdaveB

Times Rumor on 14:09 - Feb 24 by qprewan

IMO Redknapp needs to go now. On sat Kevin Bond, HRs right hand man and main coach gave an honest albeit clueless assessment of our position. Among other things he admitted that we are not scoring goals and that he did not expect this to change! Well if this is the case then whst on earth is the point of keeping them at the club- they have clearly run out of ideas- end of...

He said he didn't expect us to become a free scoring side but we could get back to being hard to beat and winning games again. Any new manager coming in wouldn't turn us into a free flowing attacking side either as we don't have the players
Times Rumor on 14:15 - Feb 24 with 1724 viewsdaveB

Times Rumor on 14:07 - Feb 24 by BrianMcCarthy

My point is that it is highly unlikely the board would have agreed with those aims at the start of the season, and him saying the opposite in the press is pure PR.

the aim from the board was obviously to get up and I think anything less than that will be a real disappointment. I thought we'd be a side struggling to stay up until the season started and it was clear we'd turned it around enough to compete at the top.
Times Rumor on 14:20 - Feb 24 with 1687 viewsWeaverQPR

Everytime you see the dugout the three stooges are just sat there devoid of ideas, i honestly think this mob have had their day. We have played crap all year, even with S.Mc on board the performances were poor, the wins just papered over the poor performances and ageing leggy squad.

Do we give HR the benefit and hope our fortunes turn around, or is the new manager bounce just what we need? A manager would still be left with Dads Army.

@WeavQPR

Times Rumor on 14:20 - Feb 24 with 1687 viewsqprewan

Oh and what does that tell you about how much they rate the 4 new strikers they have just acquired. It is a sad indictment of all their many faults already listed on here by many others. A new manager may not be able to change things but like I say HR and co have come to the end of the line.
Times Rumor on 14:21 - Feb 24 with 1678 viewsspencer

Times Rumor on 14:09 - Feb 24 by qprewan

PMSL ....well that's made me feel a lot better. It's broke, we know it's broke and we have no idea how to fix it
Login to get fewer ads

Times Rumor on 14:28 - Feb 24 with 1620 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Times Rumor on 14:15 - Feb 24 by daveB

the aim from the board was obviously to get up and I think anything less than that will be a real disappointment. I thought we'd be a side struggling to stay up until the season started and it was clear we'd turned it around enough to compete at the top.

I think that's about right.

Personally, I thought we'd be in with a great shout of promotion though, like you, I was surprised at how quick we turned it around and how well we started as a result of that.

Whether the clear-out was down to Redknapp or the board I honestly don't know but someone deserves huge credit for it.

Regardless, I thought our wage budget, resources and willingness to spend meant that we'd be well in the promotion pack by the end of the season. We still can be, no matter how we all feel today.

Times Rumor on 14:35 - Feb 24 with 1580 viewsSpiritofGregory

Times Rumor on 13:57 - Feb 24 by PinnerPaul

Its not utter nonsense as far as fans concerned, many on here "happy" to avoid relegation in the summer.

Utter tosh of course, as can be seen on here this weekend and today!

The board didn't spend £10m on transfer fees just to avoid relegation or finish mid table. There were many on here that expected promotion and quite right too when you consider what we are paying our players.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2014 14:39]
Times Rumor on 14:37 - Feb 24 with 1566 viewsNov77

Tony must have got wind of these rumours by now.
He'd normally tweet something to refute them if they weren't true, if he doesn't it may speak volumes.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Times Rumor on 14:38 - Feb 24 with 1552 views08olesen

Times Rumor on 14:13 - Feb 24 by daveB

He said he didn't expect us to become a free scoring side but we could get back to being hard to beat and winning games again. Any new manager coming in wouldn't turn us into a free flowing attacking side either as we don't have the players

We do though. Maiga was one of the top young strikers in ligue 1, 2 years ago. Zamora Johnson and Doyle have all played well at the highest level. Hoilett was getting touted to Arsenal for 17million at 1 point! Onhoua, Morrison, Traore Do i need to go on... yes they have been poor this season but are you honestly telling me that Burnley have a better squad than us. We should be in the automatics with that squad there are no excuses IMO.
They havnt all gone shit over night. They just need energy and an enthusiastic manager in my opionon

Poll: Who will the other play off

Times Rumor on 14:42 - Feb 24 with 1520 viewsrunningman75

Times Rumor on 14:38 - Feb 24 by 08olesen

We do though. Maiga was one of the top young strikers in ligue 1, 2 years ago. Zamora Johnson and Doyle have all played well at the highest level. Hoilett was getting touted to Arsenal for 17million at 1 point! Onhoua, Morrison, Traore Do i need to go on... yes they have been poor this season but are you honestly telling me that Burnley have a better squad than us. We should be in the automatics with that squad there are no excuses IMO.
They havnt all gone shit over night. They just need energy and an enthusiastic manager in my opionon

Robbie Savage was saying we have one of the best squads in the league. Usually hate Savage but he was talking about Burnley's achievements and how Sean Dyche must be one of the most underated managers. Given our resources we once again have one of the most overated managers in the league.
Times Rumor on 14:43 - Feb 24 with 1518 viewsqprewan

Times Rumor on 14:37 - Feb 24 by Nov77

Tony must have got wind of these rumours by now.
He'd normally tweet something to refute them if they weren't true, if he doesn't it may speak volumes.

Was just thinking exactly the same, I wonder whst time it is in Malaysia.
Times Rumor on 14:45 - Feb 24 with 1500 viewsSpiritofGregory

Some are old or injury prone , some can't be bothered, others just aren't up to it or are here for the money. Burnley have a young hungry, balanced, hard working, fit injury free squad. Yes, I'd say they have a better squad than us.
Times Rumor on 14:48 - Feb 24 with 1469 viewsAntti_Heinola

Times Rumor on 14:08 - Feb 24 by BrianMcCarthy

You're right, Antti, sorry. poorly explained.

I should have said that this latest press bout in particular goes back to Friday.

agree with that. relationship breaking down fast i think.

Bare bones.

Times Rumor on 14:52 - Feb 24 with 1450 views08olesen

Times Rumor on 14:45 - Feb 24 by SpiritofGregory

Some are old or injury prone , some can't be bothered, others just aren't up to it or are here for the money. Burnley have a young hungry, balanced, hard working, fit injury free squad. Yes, I'd say they have a better squad than us.

I know some of them cant be bothered, buts that the managers job to get them energised.

Look at Chamamkh at Palace. One of the laziest players around.. when pulis came in, he clearly told him sort your act out, and now he is scoring and arguably the hardest worker on the pitch a long with that yedinac fella.

The same thing can be done at Rangers, and i think its an embarrassment, just to say, oh well they cant be farked lets all pay our money and settle for mid table.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Times Rumor on 14:52 - Feb 24 with 1450 viewsNorthernr

Times Rumor on 11:54 - Feb 24 by 08olesen

What has malky done, he got a team up with a wealth of resources. What evidence do you have that he restructured the club, its all media talk because he was sacked by old Vinnie Tan and people feel sorry for him. Did he actually do a great job, or did he just achieve what they should have achieved with any manager.

Laudrup may well not be the answer (although i think he is), but its not Malky because he has had lots of money and did average. Personally i think we should go aborad and look at Tuchel or another young manager who can bring in young tallent from abroad while we get our training ground sorted.

"did he just achieve what they should have achieved with any manager. "

Well you only need to look at how Cardiff did in the years before he came to answer that. Not a lot of Premier League football there - plenty of sht outs late in seasons.

"its all media talk because he was sacked by old Vinnie Tan and people feel sorry for him."

How have Cardiff done since he left?

Also completely ignores the fantastic job he did at Watford when they were on the cusp of administration and he didn't have two cents to rub together.

I think he'd be absolutely ideal personally.
Times Rumor on 14:54 - Feb 24 with 1434 viewsscot1963

Times Rumor on 11:02 - Feb 24 by WatfordR

This is what was said:

"you only came on to say something negative about Redknapp after someone defended him."

As happy clappy as it gets really.

Let me clarify, as you have taken it out of the context in which it was meant. It is (or appears that it is) always and ever your sole and negative reason for visiting the board as was obvious from what was said in the previous post (I must have missed the one where you said stick with Harry for the time being). And I'm certainly not happy clappy at all as you call it - I'm as concerned as the next poster
[Post edited 24 Feb 2014 17:12]
Times Rumor on 14:55 - Feb 24 with 1418 viewsdaveB

Maigia is absolutely shit I'm afraid, god knows why he was ever rated as a top young striker. Hoilett as well has never been that good, vastly overrated even before we signed him due to a few good long range goals. Changing managers is not going to make these players get better in the short term.

We do have good players but don't have a team who are good enough to suddenly become a free flowing goals galore team, we just don't have those kind of players
Times Rumor on 14:57 - Feb 24 with 1386 viewsAntti_Heinola

Times Rumor on 14:13 - Feb 24 by daveB

we don't have the players?!

Hoilett
Kranjcar
Maiga
Doyle
Keane
Traore
SWP
AJ
Zamora
Morrison
Benayoun
Austin
Phillips

look, they're all either new, under performing, injured or whatever, but we've always had a decent selection from this lot to choose from. To say we don't have the players is ludicrous. They've been managed and coached very poorly - not that they're blameless of course, far from it, but attacking is like defending in a way. You don't necessarily need the 4 best defenders in the league to have the best defence - it's about organisation and understanding and doing your job. Same with the attack - whatever your players, you can find ways to be bright and attacking. Look at Donny when they came to us! OK, they lost, narrowly, but they attacked quickly, attractively, with purpose and with a will to win. Doncaster, I'm talking about here.

We've scored 37 goals, Dave, the same number as Bolton and Bournemouth. Only Brighton in the TOP 17 have scored less than us, and Derby have scored 23 MORE. Blaming what players we have is absolutely the last excuse that could be used for our timid play.

Bare bones.

Times Rumor on 14:57 - Feb 24 with 1388 viewsNov77

Just worked out McClarens combined points total for the time he spent with us and derby this season.........69, two points behind Leicester!

When he was with us we grinding out boring 1-0 wins, derby's last 3 results? all 1-0 wins. we had five 1-0 wins when he was here and only 1 since he left.
we've only kept 1 clean sheet in the last eleven games.

come back schteeeevee!

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Times Rumor on 14:58 - Feb 24 with 1380 viewsqprewan

Times Rumor on 14:45 - Feb 24 by SpiritofGregory

Hey what's happening SOG, I don't often agree with you but your recent posts have made a lot of sense, liked your suggestion on a new manager though the club will never go for it; at the start of the season who would have given Burnley any sort of chance but credit to Dyche he has got the best out of a very limited team on a tiny budget. Would love to see that type of work rate at QPR.
Still don't agree with you on Adel though..
Times Rumor on 14:58 - Feb 24 with 1373 viewsPhildo

Times Rumor on 14:52 - Feb 24 by Northernr

Well you only need to look at how Cardiff did in the years before he came to answer that. Not a lot of Premier League football there - plenty of sht outs late in seasons.

"its all media talk because he was sacked by old Vinnie Tan and people feel sorry for him."

Also completely ignores the fantastic job he did at Watford when they were on the cusp of administration and he didn't have two cents to rub together.

We don't get ideal -we get showbiz
Times Rumor on 14:58 - Feb 24 with 1367 viewsGloucs_R

Times Rumor on 14:52 - Feb 24 by Northernr

Arent Tan and TF friends? Therefore the chance of Malky is pretty slim?

Poll: Are we staying up?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024