Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Times Rumor 16:50 - Feb 23 with 37481 viewsitsbiga

Mate of mine is a sports correspondent at The Times. Strong rumor going round there today that Harry is toast in the morning.
He said "Should be in tomorrow's paper I think"
Sure its total rumor but thought I'd share it for some drama.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2014 16:56]

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Times Rumor on 14:59 - Feb 24 with 2294 viewsNorthernr

Times Rumor on 14:55 - Feb 24 by daveB

Maigia is absolutely shit I'm afraid, god knows why he was ever rated as a top young striker. Hoilett as well has never been that good, vastly overrated even before we signed him due to a few good long range goals. Changing managers is not going to make these players get better in the short term.

We do have good players but don't have a team who are good enough to suddenly become a free flowing goals galore team, we just don't have those kind of players

I'd be very surprised if Maiga is even the best striker in his house.
Times Rumor on 15:02 - Feb 24 with 2280 views08olesen

Times Rumor on 14:55 - Feb 24 by daveB

Maigia is absolutely shit I'm afraid, god knows why he was ever rated as a top young striker. Hoilett as well has never been that good, vastly overrated even before we signed him due to a few good long range goals. Changing managers is not going to make these players get better in the short term.

We do have good players but don't have a team who are good enough to suddenly become a free flowing goals galore team, we just don't have those kind of players

I dont even think its a case of scoring 4 or 5. On saturday the worst thing for me was that, i thought Charlton were the worst side we have played so far this season, and i refuse to believe that one of 4 or 5 big wage strikers could not come on an contribute one soletry goal against a shocking team. Thats what annoyed me, and i think most of that is down to the fact that we simply dont create enough goal scoring opportunities.
That is a problem with our style of play.

So yes i still believe games like last saturday should be won and then the top 6 games have less bearing on our position

Poll: Who will the other play off

Times Rumor on 15:16 - Feb 24 with 2202 viewsadhoc_qpr

I'd be intrigued to see what our average 'shots on target' figure is for this season - i'd be very surprised if it was higher than 3.

All season we have created nothing, had a solid (but slow) defence and had one very efficient striker nicking us goals and wins.

Take out the striker and one injury to the defence and we are all over the shop.

Playoffs are still possible but pointless - there are no teams in the top 10 we would beat over 2 legs as it stands.
Times Rumor on 15:23 - Feb 24 with 2150 viewsdaveB

Times Rumor on 14:57 - Feb 24 by Antti_Heinola

we don't have the players?!

Hoilett
Kranjcar
Maiga
Doyle
Keane
Traore
SWP
AJ
Zamora
Morrison
Benayoun
Austin
Phillips

look, they're all either new, under performing, injured or whatever, but we've always had a decent selection from this lot to choose from. To say we don't have the players is ludicrous. They've been managed and coached very poorly - not that they're blameless of course, far from it, but attacking is like defending in a way. You don't necessarily need the 4 best defenders in the league to have the best defence - it's about organisation and understanding and doing your job. Same with the attack - whatever your players, you can find ways to be bright and attacking. Look at Donny when they came to us! OK, they lost, narrowly, but they attacked quickly, attractively, with purpose and with a will to win. Doncaster, I'm talking about here.

We've scored 37 goals, Dave, the same number as Bolton and Bournemouth. Only Brighton in the TOP 17 have scored less than us, and Derby have scored 23 MORE. Blaming what players we have is absolutely the last excuse that could be used for our timid play.

I'm not saying those players are crap (well apart from Maiga) but only Austin has played anywhere near his best from that lot. I just don't think we have a squad of players who can switch to an open free flowing score lots of goals kind of team. That's not to say we can't score enough goals to win games because we can and we have the players to get us very close to promotion but Bond is right that this lot are not going to turn into scoring goals like man City anytime soon.
Times Rumor on 15:30 - Feb 24 with 2104 viewsqprdan

We have the players but we don't have the coaching staff, end of for me. Been the case since HR arrived here, albeit for a brief blip where we looked better drilled and organised with Steve Mclaren.

I believe that Mackay would get us going and give us a sniff to go up, if we don't then our slide will very likely continue.

More than that we need an identity and a style, HR wont give us that as I just don't think he can be bothered and it translates in our performances.
Times Rumor on 15:33 - Feb 24 with 2071 viewsTheBlob

So,has he been sacked yet then?Must be bang on teatime at LR.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Times Rumor on 15:39 - Feb 24 with 2038 viewsdaveB

at least when Redknapp goes we can start blaming the players again as it clearly won't be the new managers fault, in a years time we can change managers again as the new one will have something wrong with him.

The core reason we are struggling is due to the way the club is run and how the owners want things done which is short term nonsense followed by a short term fix, until that changes it doesn't matter if it's Redknapp, Laudrup, Hughes, Mckay, Warnock or Wenger in charge, we are going round in circles with our pants round our ankles.
Times Rumor on 15:52 - Feb 24 with 1970 viewsSpiritofGregory

Times Rumor on 14:52 - Feb 24 by 08olesen

I know some of them cant be bothered, buts that the managers job to get them energised.

Look at Chamamkh at Palace. One of the laziest players around.. when pulis came in, he clearly told him sort your act out, and now he is scoring and arguably the hardest worker on the pitch a long with that yedinac fella.

The same thing can be done at Rangers, and i think its an embarrassment, just to say, oh well they cant be farked lets all pay our money and settle for mid table.

Palace had one lazy player, we have a squad full. The rest of the Palace team are hard working players with pride and Pulis made some useful additions in the transfer window.

The majority of our signings were rejects and rejects for a reason, I don't remember us finding it difficult to sign our players even though they had played in the Premier League. Other clubs didn't want them and now we know why. They are damaged goods, the runts of the litter.
Login to get fewer ads

Times Rumor on 15:57 - Feb 24 with 1949 viewsWeaverQPR

Chris Hughton could well be available come the summer the Norwich CEO seems to have it in for him, i know he is not exactly young and upcoming but he is a decent coach and manager who knows about the championship and has won it in the past.

@WeavQPR

Times Rumor on 15:59 - Feb 24 with 1935 viewsadhoc_qpr

Times Rumor on 15:57 - Feb 24 by WeaverQPR

Chris Hughton could well be available come the summer the Norwich CEO seems to have it in for him, i know he is not exactly young and upcoming but he is a decent coach and manager who knows about the championship and has won it in the past.

The knock on Hughton is he is so incredibly defensive in his tactics - personally i don't care who comes in, but they need to fix 4 years worth of goal scoring issues and i don't think he could...
Times Rumor on 16:00 - Feb 24 with 1925 views08olesen

Times Rumor on 15:52 - Feb 24 by SpiritofGregory

Palace had one lazy player, we have a squad full. The rest of the Palace team are hard working players with pride and Pulis made some useful additions in the transfer window.

The majority of our signings were rejects and rejects for a reason, I don't remember us finding it difficult to sign our players even though they had played in the Premier League. Other clubs didn't want them and now we know why. They are damaged goods, the runts of the litter.

Yer i agree, i dont know who thought signing bennyoon and dellatorre would be the answer to our problems, it just annyoing that around this point for the last 3 years we have the same thing.

Just let Harry have the rest of the season, if we go up great, if not back to the drawing board. i think everyone on here wants a sustainable club they can be pround of, and having the likes of cisse, bosingwa, boonyoon and maiga on the team really isnt helping.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Times Rumor on 16:28 - Feb 24 with 1796 viewsAntti_Heinola

Times Rumor on 16:00 - Feb 24 by 08olesen

Yer i agree, i dont know who thought signing bennyoon and dellatorre would be the answer to our problems, it just annyoing that around this point for the last 3 years we have the same thing.

Just let Harry have the rest of the season, if we go up great, if not back to the drawing board. i think everyone on here wants a sustainable club they can be pround of, and having the likes of cisse, bosingwa, boonyoon and maiga on the team really isnt helping.

i'm guessinng Dellatorre costs very little and is one for the futurem if at all.
I was very vocal about not getting Benayoun in at the time, but I feel some sympathy from TF over that. Redknapp had clearly been in his ear about him for some time. The board stood their ground, refusing an 18 month deal, and eventually went for it on a 6 month deal, reasoning, as many on here did, that if he did well and helped us get up, it wasn't a great expense in the grand scheme of things. I think HR just wore them down, and his lack of form since is one of the reasons TF is losing patience.

Bare bones.

Times Rumor on 16:48 - Feb 24 with 1701 viewsthemodfather

well it's near 5pm..no news, so doubt any changes will happen

the squad need a meeting and be told what's expected, those not up for it, sod off.
Times Rumor on 17:04 - Feb 24 with 1622 viewsRangersAreBack

Times Rumor on 15:57 - Feb 24 by WeaverQPR

No thanks. The good work at Norwich was done by Paul Lambert. Hughton hasn't improved them IMHO.
Times Rumor on 17:08 - Feb 24 with 1594 viewsTheBlob

Just for the sake of argument.Say Harry doesn't get the spanish archer and we win on Saturday,what on earth are we going to with our little selves?

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Times Rumor on 17:10 - Feb 24 with 1585 viewsNorthernr

As we stand, unless we are going to fall apart completely, I expect us to finish in the play off places, not get promoted, and Harry will retire in the summer because of his knee.
Times Rumor on 17:12 - Feb 24 with 1565 viewskropotkin41

Times Rumor on 17:08 - Feb 24 by TheBlob

Just for the sake of argument.Say Harry doesn't get the spanish archer and we win on Saturday,what on earth are we going to with our little selves?

The thing for me is this, even when we've won this season for the most part we've looked rubbish or lucky, or both.

If we win on Saturday, or indeed if we manage to get to the play-offs (I suspect the automatic places ship might have sailed already), I still can't see us winning the play-offs............ and if, by some miracle we did win them, I reckon next season would be horrific, I can't think of a realistic scenario that could save us from something between a train wreck and a England batting performance in the last Ashes, but lasting for nine months.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Times Rumor on 17:12 - Feb 24 with 1563 viewsRangersAreBack

There may well be some decent individuals in our ranks but it is not a great squad. The loss of only 4 key players (Austin, Phillips, Simpson and Faurlin) has shown up our squad for what it is - lacking in balance, pace, creativity and desire.
Times Rumor on 17:13 - Feb 24 with 1563 viewsWatfordR

Times Rumor on 15:39 - Feb 24 by daveB

at least when Redknapp goes we can start blaming the players again as it clearly won't be the new managers fault, in a years time we can change managers again as the new one will have something wrong with him.

The core reason we are struggling is due to the way the club is run and how the owners want things done which is short term nonsense followed by a short term fix, until that changes it doesn't matter if it's Redknapp, Laudrup, Hughes, Mckay, Warnock or Wenger in charge, we are going round in circles with our pants round our ankles.

Umm...I thought that the core reason we were struggling was down to the players? Or was that yesterday?

Tomorrow, perhaps we can blame the pitch. On Wednesday it will be the fans (the anti-Redknapp ones obviously), and one Thurdsay it will be, err....umm....ah yes, leaves on the line. Fck know where we go after that.
Times Rumor on 17:19 - Feb 24 with 1528 viewsRangersAreBack

Times Rumor on 17:10 - Feb 24 by Northernr

As we stand, unless we are going to fall apart completely, I expect us to finish in the play off places, not get promoted, and Harry will retire in the summer because of his knee.

Sounds about right.
Times Rumor on 17:28 - Feb 24 with 1483 viewskropotkin41

Times Rumor on 17:19 - Feb 24 by RangersAreBack

Sounds about right.

I'm not so sure that we'll make the play-offs actually. There's quite a lot of the season left; quite long enough for us to slip down several more places.

Times Rumor on 17:36 - Feb 24 with 1448 viewsRangersAreBack

Times Rumor on 17:28 - Feb 24 by kropotkin41

I'm not so sure that we'll make the play-offs actually. There's quite a lot of the season left; quite long enough for us to slip down several more places.

True if the injury list doesn't clear up. If Simpson, Austin and Phillips return anytime soon there should be enough there to nail down a play off spot. Winning the damn thing; now that's another matter.
Times Rumor on 17:41 - Feb 24 with 1425 viewskropotkin41

Times Rumor on 17:36 - Feb 24 by RangersAreBack

True if the injury list doesn't clear up. If Simpson, Austin and Phillips return anytime soon there should be enough there to nail down a play off spot. Winning the damn thing; now that's another matter.

I agree that if we had those 3 we could well stay in the play-off places.......... assuming we're not just going to fall apart now.

Times Rumor on 17:49 - Feb 24 with 1379 viewsBAWHoops

We can then bring in Laudrup as the new 'name' manager and he can piss a load more money up the wall and we will finish just outside the play offs.

Season after we will flirt with relegation and go through a few managers.

Rinse and repeat until we chance upon one lucky season a la 2010/11 where it all clicks and we go up

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Times Rumor on 17:49 - Feb 24 with 1371 viewsJuzzie

Times Rumor on 14:57 - Feb 24 by Antti_Heinola

we don't have the players?!

Hoilett
Kranjcar
Maiga
Doyle
Keane
Traore
SWP
AJ
Zamora
Morrison
Benayoun
Austin
Phillips

look, they're all either new, under performing, injured or whatever, but we've always had a decent selection from this lot to choose from. To say we don't have the players is ludicrous. They've been managed and coached very poorly - not that they're blameless of course, far from it, but attacking is like defending in a way. You don't necessarily need the 4 best defenders in the league to have the best defence - it's about organisation and understanding and doing your job. Same with the attack - whatever your players, you can find ways to be bright and attacking. Look at Donny when they came to us! OK, they lost, narrowly, but they attacked quickly, attractively, with purpose and with a will to win. Doncaster, I'm talking about here.

We've scored 37 goals, Dave, the same number as Bolton and Bournemouth. Only Brighton in the TOP 17 have scored less than us, and Derby have scored 23 MORE. Blaming what players we have is absolutely the last excuse that could be used for our timid play.

I'd say 8 out of those 13 are living off of past glories, and I include Hoilett in that.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2014 17:51]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024