Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How does it feel to lose a world class manager? 13:23 - Feb 9 with 17210 viewsWorkingClassHero

I was just wondering how you feel about losing Brendan Rodgers? He is a world class manager and has got the Kop dreaming again.

Obviously he wanted to move to a bigger club, why do many Swans begrudge him that? LFC are playing the best football in the league, thanks to Brendan.

How does it feel to lose a world class manager? on 19:17 - Feb 9 with 1564 viewsMyrddin

Bless him he thinks we play the BR way. Shame that he hasn't realised that it's the Swansea way that BR has adopted.

I hope that BR reinstates Liverpool to what they once were, he did come back in for Allen something that he said he would not. Yet the £15m he spent was well over his actual worth. Also in many of his interviews he still refers to Swansea as "we".

What you must understand is that we were a League Two club not so long ago, and we have already had 2 managers who the rest of the media cream their pants over. Oh and both have major weaknesses.

As for Laudrup being a better manager than BR, how many things has BR won with you? This is not a direct knock on BR, but you fail to see that under Laudrup we won something. Laudrup is gone now, and in all honesty I think he is a damn good manager, maybe lacks a lot of qualities that BR had. Yet I think he will be a success wherever he goes.

You may thing Monk has no credentials, but it's always been a possibility that he would be our manager. When BR left ML came in and GM was still a player. It may be that we will go for another manager soon, but I would rather GM at the helm than Bergkamp.

Just shows how far we have come that the LFC fans must come trolling, not long ago it was Boston United
How does it feel to lose a world class manager? on 19:19 - Feb 9 with 1552 viewsSwanjaxs

How does it feel to lose a world class manager? on 18:58 - Feb 9 by WorkingClassHero

Supported them my whole life and spend hundreds of pounds on travel and membership. Hardly… A lot of Swans I know are hanger ons from the PL era. Didn't go to the Vetch Field etc.

Know a lot of Swans fans then?

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

How does it feel to lose a world class manager? on 19:22 - Feb 9 with 1539 viewsBrynmill_Jack

How does it feel to lose a world class manager? on 19:17 - Feb 9 by Myrddin

Bless him he thinks we play the BR way. Shame that he hasn't realised that it's the Swansea way that BR has adopted.

I hope that BR reinstates Liverpool to what they once were, he did come back in for Allen something that he said he would not. Yet the £15m he spent was well over his actual worth. Also in many of his interviews he still refers to Swansea as "we".

What you must understand is that we were a League Two club not so long ago, and we have already had 2 managers who the rest of the media cream their pants over. Oh and both have major weaknesses.

As for Laudrup being a better manager than BR, how many things has BR won with you? This is not a direct knock on BR, but you fail to see that under Laudrup we won something. Laudrup is gone now, and in all honesty I think he is a damn good manager, maybe lacks a lot of qualities that BR had. Yet I think he will be a success wherever he goes.

You may thing Monk has no credentials, but it's always been a possibility that he would be our manager. When BR left ML came in and GM was still a player. It may be that we will go for another manager soon, but I would rather GM at the helm than Bergkamp.

Just shows how far we have come that the LFC fans must come trolling, not long ago it was Boston United

A great post but that last line brings the whole last 11 years into one amazing snippet.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

How does it feel to lose a world class manager? on 19:26 - Feb 9 with 1527 viewsBloodyhills

How does it feel to lose a world class manager? on 18:47 - Feb 9 by WorkingClassHero

6 points behind them, 13 games to go. They have to come to Anfield. It can be done.

Well, good luck with that!

When it comes down to it I'd rather see you lot win it than Man City or Chelsea.

I still think Man C will do it even though they have stumbled this last week.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

How does it feel to lose a world class manager? on 19:28 - Feb 9 with 1517 viewsBloodyhills

How does it feel to lose a world class manager? on 19:17 - Feb 9 by Myrddin

LOL, we get a better class of troll these days! :D

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

How does it feel to lose a world class manager? on 19:51 - Feb 9 with 1475 viewsperchrockjack

Only goes to show how football makes mugs out of us all.
Most Reds fans I know thought signing Rodgers was a n insult to the club and JOE the worst signing since Ngog.
Aye strange it is

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

How does it feel to lose a world class manager? on 19:56 - Feb 9 with 1468 viewsbuilthjack

How does it feel to lose a world class manager? on 19:51 - Feb 9 by perchrockjack

Only goes to show how football makes mugs out of us all.
Most Reds fans I know thought signing Rodgers was a n insult to the club and JOE the worst signing since Ngog.
Aye strange it is

I always thought Rogers would do well, and he's only just started there. Bright future.
We all know what Allen can do, fair play to him.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

How does it feel to lose a world class manager? on 20:46 - Feb 9 with 1431 viewsJackanapes

How does it feel to lose a world class manager? on 18:40 - Feb 9 by RogueTrooper

It's that same numnuts from last year who was rabbiting on about Joe Allen

KopAllenKid

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Login to get fewer ads

How does it feel to lose a world class manager? on 23:23 - Feb 9 with 1374 viewsDavillin

For WorkingClassHero:

1. Well done for a fine job of trolling. Hard to remember your equal.

2. Swansea doesn't "lose" world class managers. Swansea creates world class managers.

3. In several of your posts, you say that you know nothing about Garry Monk, yet you even more frequently write very disrespectfully about him. Your other gaffes are almost forgivable, but dissing Garry on PlanetSwans is out of line.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

How does it feel to lose a world class manager? on 07:48 - Feb 10 with 1317 viewsGretsch

How does it feel to lose a world class manager? on 23:23 - Feb 9 by Davillin

For WorkingClassHero:

1. Well done for a fine job of trolling. Hard to remember your equal.

2. Swansea doesn't "lose" world class managers. Swansea creates world class managers.

3. In several of your posts, you say that you know nothing about Garry Monk, yet you even more frequently write very disrespectfully about him. Your other gaffes are almost forgivable, but dissing Garry on PlanetSwans is out of line.

I know Davillin is well respected on here, and this statement to me proves why

" Swansea creates world class managers"

How does it feel to lose a world class manager? on 23:41 - Feb 12 with 1241 viewsWorkingClassHero

You have to believe Liverpool can win the league now. 4 points off top. Brendan Rodgers= Kop hero
How does it feel to lose a world class manager? on 23:43 - Feb 12 with 1237 viewsTom1912

You have a world class attack but a mid table defence. That's not going to win the league I'm afraid.

Least you can buy some new defenders when you get £80m for Suarez in the summer.
How does it feel to lose a world class manager? on 23:54 - Feb 12 with 1225 viewsWorkingClassHero

How does it feel to lose a world class manager? on 23:43 - Feb 12 by Tom1912

You have a world class attack but a mid table defence. That's not going to win the league I'm afraid.

Least you can buy some new defenders when you get £80m for Suarez in the summer.

We don't need new defenders. We have Agger, Sakho, Enrique and Johnson all to come back.

Rodgers is building a dynasty. I'm sure he will give Garry some advice in upcoming match.
How does it feel to lose a world class manager? on 00:12 - Feb 13 with 1195 viewsLeonisGod

How does it feel to lose a world class manager? on 13:43 - Feb 9 by UplandsJack

To be fair BR has evolved as a manager in the last year... His first 6 months or so for you were like watching a poor Swans side trying to play... Again with no plan B.
But I must confess he seems to have tweaked it and made changes and now you are looking more like the Liverpool of the 70's and early 80's. Whether he takes you all the way to the top remains to be seen, but fair play, good luck to him apart from when we play you of course....

Apart from the Liverpool of the 70s and 80s could defend.
How does it feel to lose a world class manager? on 00:23 - Feb 13 with 1184 viewsTom1912

How does it feel to lose a world class manager? on 23:54 - Feb 12 by WorkingClassHero

We don't need new defenders. We have Agger, Sakho, Enrique and Johnson all to come back.

Rodgers is building a dynasty. I'm sure he will give Garry some advice in upcoming match.

I'm sure he already has.

You'll need better defenders than that if you want to win the league I'm afraid.
How does it feel to lose a world class manager? on 10:30 - Feb 13 with 1105 viewsperchrockjack

How does it feel to lose a world class manager? on 23:41 - Feb 12 by WorkingClassHero

You have to believe Liverpool can win the league now. 4 points off top. Brendan Rodgers= Kop hero

Where s Bren new love nest then La.

Has he joined the nouveau riche of Woolton Village

How does it feel to lose a world class manager? on 13:53 - Feb 13 with 1050 viewsWorkingClassHero

I think Garry showed some tactical naivety last night. Anfield won't be so forgiving. But I guess everyone has to start somehwere right?
How does it feel to lose a world class manager? on 14:00 - Feb 13 with 1041 viewswaynekerr55

How does it feel to lose a world class manager? on 13:53 - Feb 13 by WorkingClassHero

I think Garry showed some tactical naivety last night. Anfield won't be so forgiving. But I guess everyone has to start somehwere right?

Please do expand further. Dominating the ball, passing with a purpose at pace. Cant see much wrong with that myself

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

How does it feel to lose a world class manager? on 14:01 - Feb 13 with 1041 viewsCatullus

How does it feel to lose a world class manager? on 13:53 - Feb 13 by WorkingClassHero

Where exactly? It was always going to be a hard game and the weather made it worse. In the end we could, and maybe should have won. But our poor last ball and poor finishing aren't Monks fault!!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

How does it feel to lose a world class manager? on 14:10 - Feb 13 with 1031 viewsWorkingClassHero

How does it feel to lose a world class manager? on 14:01 - Feb 13 by Catullus

Where exactly? It was always going to be a hard game and the weather made it worse. In the end we could, and maybe should have won. But our poor last ball and poor finishing aren't Monks fault!!

64% possesion, very little penetration.
How does it feel to lose a world class manager? on 14:13 - Feb 13 with 1016 viewsperchrockjack

Your English is excellent .

How does it feel to lose a world class manager? on 14:17 - Feb 13 with 1007 viewsWorkingClassHero

How does it feel to lose a world class manager? on 14:13 - Feb 13 by perchrockjack

Your English is excellent .

You coming to the game at Anfield, mate?
How does it feel to lose a world class manager? on 14:20 - Feb 13 with 1004 viewsCatullus

How does it feel to lose a world class manager? on 14:10 - Feb 13 by WorkingClassHero

Very little penetration, and you put that down to tactical naivete? Like I said, Monk isn't responsible for a poor final pass or bad finishing.
But his tactics generally could have won us the game. Stoke are very good at home but we pretty much outplayed them.
Your comments betray a basic lack of football knowledge.

I never answered your question about losing BR, here goes..... we didn't lose a world class manager. We lost a good manager who nobody else wanted until we gave him his chance. We were every bit as good for him, as he was for us. Right place, right time.
People criticised us for sacking Laudrup and giving Monk a chance. And your opinions on Monk seem well known. But he is on track to prove you all wrong!!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

How does it feel to lose a world class manager? on 14:21 - Feb 13 with 1002 viewswaynekerr55

How does it feel to lose a world class manager? on 14:10 - Feb 13 by WorkingClassHero

Yeah only penetrated more than the home team and a combo of poor finishing and good goalkeeping stopped us winning.

Unfortunately we don't have arguably Europe's most potent strike force and we can't pay players £200k p/w. So considering we have one of the lowest budgets in the league we actually are doing quite well thank you very much

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

How does it feel to lose a world class manager? on 14:24 - Feb 13 with 1000 viewsperchrockjack

Trust me on this. THE Liverpool Echo ,red fans in general howled when BR was appointed. They all thought the job too big for him and the players egos would kill him dead
He s done a remarkable job there but paleeeze a world class manager ;fook right off. he wasn't with us and he isnt now.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024