Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Laudrup speaks via the LMA 12:32 - Feb 6 with 18729 viewswaynekerr55

http://www.leaguemanagers.com/news/news-7353.html

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 12:35 - Feb 6 with 7653 viewsDarran

F*ck him.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 12:35 - Feb 6 with 7638 viewsPrivate_Partz

No shut up clause then. This could get nasty if the legal threat is carried out. Otherwise a fair statement that does not reflect to well on the board.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 12:36 - Feb 6 with 7613 viewswaynekerr55

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 12:35 - Feb 6 by Darran

F*ck him.

I didn't want to bite but I did want to point out the evident inaccuracy that we've been unfortunate with injuries but I'm sure someone has pointed this out for a while on here

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 12:41 - Feb 6 with 7477 viewsZut_Alors

Sad it's had to end this way. This is, of course, all part and parcel of the game nowadays. Is it normal for him not to be allowed to say his goodbyes, though? I'm sure Leroy and Emnes wanted a word or two...
Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 12:41 - Feb 6 with 7460 viewsouttolunch

' The club has informed me that I cannot visit the training ground to say my farewells to the players so I do that now through this statement. '

Fuk me . Was he actually going to talk to them . That's a first
Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 12:42 - Feb 6 with 7451 viewsTheFranchise

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 12:35 - Feb 6 by Private_Partz

No shut up clause then. This could get nasty if the legal threat is carried out. Otherwise a fair statement that does not reflect to well on the board.

Legal action? Based on what?
Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 12:42 - Feb 6 with 7448 viewsshimmie

As dignified as ever. I loved haiving ML as our manager, and I feel truly gutted it's ended this way. For the first time since he was sacked I feel a bit down about it all. We did after all, win away at arsenal, ManU, Chelsea, Liverpool, Valencia and produced the best performance I've ever seen from a swansea side at home to WBA last year.
Best of luck Michael, once a jack always a jack, but I do think that we would've been relegated under him and defeat on Saturday was pretty much guaranteed. Not now tho, I'm fully expecting 3 points sat and a renewed enthusiasm towards my club. Unfortunately ML's apathy was infectious, I'd caught it, a lot of mates had, the 22 man squad had. We move on
Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 12:42 - Feb 6 with 7435 viewsraynor94

plenty of ammo for the Jenkins haters

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Login to get fewer ads

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 12:42 - Feb 6 with 7435 viewswaynekerr55

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 12:41 - Feb 6 by outtolunch

' The club has informed me that I cannot visit the training ground to say my farewells to the players so I do that now through this statement. '

Fuk me . Was he actually going to talk to them . That's a first

He's just gutted he can't join in the 5 a side today

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 12:43 - Feb 6 with 7414 viewsJackanapes

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 12:42 - Feb 6 by TheFranchise

Legal action? Based on what?

Based on the fact he was summarily dismissed. You cant just fire people because you feel like it.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 12:43 - Feb 6 with 7408 viewsswanny

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 12:35 - Feb 6 by Private_Partz

I agree that this does not reflect well on the board BUT...a 'fair statement'? .....perhaps if he hadn't jetted off to Paris directly following such a lacklustre performance, and just before we were due to play arguably one of the most emotional and defining games of the season, just maybe he would have heard about the concerns rightly held by the board.
Personally I think this is damage limitation by the Laudrup camp, looking at recent results there is no way that this can be deemed to be unfair dismissal. This one will run and run, I just hope that fans get behind the board at this stage of the season and stop harking back to what's already been done.

'Sorry, your password must contain a capital letter, two numbers, a symbol, an inspiring message, a spell, a gang sign, a hieroglyph and the blood of a virgin"

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 12:43 - Feb 6 with 7402 viewsPrivate_Partz

I don't think they deny the injuries. They just thinkit has no bearing on our league position and therefore blame ML. I know whoosh ;-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 12:45 - Feb 6 with 7318 viewsClinton

A lot of these LMA statements by sacked managers look similar, expressing surprise or dismay at the manner of the dismissal and saying what a good job they did and thanking the fans.

We can be sure MLs is phrased in such a way that it tries to optimise his payoff.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 12:46 - Feb 6 with 7298 viewsTheFranchise

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 12:43 - Feb 6 by Jackanapes

Based on the fact he was summarily dismissed. You cant just fire people because you feel like it.

Managers get sacked every week for the same thing.
Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 12:46 - Feb 6 with 7295 viewsJackanapes

What we also have now is an opportunity for Byron Tootmoo to go after Huw like he has always wanted to.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 12:47 - Feb 6 with 7257 viewswaynekerr55

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 12:43 - Feb 6 by Jackanapes

The alleged amateur set up in training could be used but I imagine that would require a degree of appraisal and performance management for them to be able to follow through.

I quote the David Moss situation which sounds similar (and he had a hefty settlement). Hopefully they've learned their lesson from before

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 12:48 - Feb 6 with 7251 viewsTheFranchise

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 12:45 - Feb 6 by Clinton

A lot of these LMA statements by sacked managers look similar, expressing surprise or dismay at the manner of the dismissal and saying what a good job they did and thanking the fans.

We can be sure MLs is phrased in such a way that it tries to optimise his payoff.

and to make sure he doesn't look too bad so he can get his next meal ticket.
Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 12:48 - Feb 6 with 7240 viewsC_jack

Sad that it ended in this bitter way.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 12:48 - Feb 6 with 7236 viewsJackanapes

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 12:46 - Feb 6 by TheFranchise

Managers get sacked every week for the same thing.

And those managers enlist the legal team of the LMA . Malky Makay is in the middle of the same thing. As I said you need just cause to sack someone.

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 12:49 - Feb 6 with 7216 viewsepaul

The club have obviously built up a case justifying instant dismissal and undoubtedly there would be something in his contract regarding this, or how its managed

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 12:50 - Feb 6 with 7176 viewsPrivate_Partz

I thnk the two days off were quite normal. Uncertainty about his future was the reason given by the board. .The danger now is we will get into a big scrap over this as supporters. I feel that even though I disagree with what the board have done, we have to move forward and support GM and AC.

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 12:51 - Feb 6 with 7155 viewsTheFranchise

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 12:48 - Feb 6 by Jackanapes

And those managers enlist the legal team of the LMA . Malky Makay is in the middle of the same thing. As I said you need just cause to sack someone.

I would love to see his defence :)

Our reasons would include, poor results, lack of motivation for the job, disappearing to France, losing the dressing room, training ground fights, lack of communication and so on.

As Darran says, f*ck him.
Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 12:52 - Feb 6 with 7124 viewsOldjack

4.5 million says he'll disappear quietly ,move on gracefully Mike

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 12:52 - Feb 6 with 7118 viewswaynekerr55

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 12:49 - Feb 6 by epaul

The club have obviously built up a case justifying instant dismissal and undoubtedly there would be something in his contract regarding this, or how its managed

I agree the wording is there, but have they appraised his performance? Just playing devils advocatte?

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 12:55 - Feb 6 with 7033 viewsClinton

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 12:49 - Feb 6 by epaul

They'll have to pay him off now. It's a matter of legal threats, negotiation, posturing, counter posturing etc etc. I hope Huw plays his best Jedi mind games, to save the club a pot of money.

"Move along Michael, no compensation here"

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024