Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Laudrup speaks via the LMA 12:32 - Feb 6 with 18798 viewswaynekerr55

http://www.leaguemanagers.com/news/news-7353.html

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 14:18 - Feb 6 with 1980 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 14:11 - Feb 6 by Darran

And whilst they're at it have a look at this weekends fixtures.
Tw*ts.

Yep & even some of the so called die hards are having a hissy fit .

This hatred towards laudrup is disgraceful .

It's on par with Martinez & Rodgers who both fuc@ked off at a drop of a hat & took everyone with them.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 14:20 - Feb 6 with 1962 viewsChefbech

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 14:08 - Feb 6 by oh_tommy_tommy

Laudrups got a point

Mid table in the league with dreadful injuries & probably to him no question of going down .

Europa league

Fa cup .

So although the performances on the pitch is below par .
Every thing else is in the expectations of the club & landed supporter.

To the point. He would have loved to stay and finish the season in style. As far as staying longer - I am not sure. But it could have been a happy ending for both, and instead having to pay him, we could have made good money of him.

Sacking him shows just how much HJ is not able to keep his calm - like peeing in your pants to keep warm. Either way Monk is lucky. If successful he will gain credit although the quality of the squad is by far good enough to manage by them selves. If total failure he can always blame ML.
;-)
Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 14:20 - Feb 6 with 1962 viewsDarran

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 14:18 - Feb 6 by oh_tommy_tommy

Yep & even some of the so called die hards are having a hissy fit .

This hatred towards laudrup is disgraceful .

It's on par with Martinez & Rodgers who both fuc@ked off at a drop of a hat & took everyone with them.

I agree but people live in a sensationalised world.
There's nothing in this story other than he's spoken to legal people at the LMA about getting his bunce paid up probably.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 14:22 - Feb 6 with 1944 viewsMouthLoudrup

Has this Monk ever been on a trip to the continent before? Or will Napoli be his first?
Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 14:23 - Feb 6 with 1929 viewsDarran

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 14:22 - Feb 6 by MouthLoudrup

Has this Monk ever been on a trip to the continent before? Or will Napoli be his first?

F*ck all to do with you.

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 14:24 - Feb 6 with 1910 viewsSwanzay

Me thinks he might take the Swans 2013/14 strap line to far.

Do not go gently (DT)
Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 14:25 - Feb 6 with 1904 viewsexiledclaseboy

Interesting but not surprising that the Danes among our number have started to turn on the club they claimed to love and said they’d support even after Laudrup had left. Some of them even got all sniffy when it was suggested back in the day that they’d be off as soon as Laudrup was. Not better than Kiisgod, most of them. And they had the gall to take the mick out of her,

Poll: Tory leader

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 14:26 - Feb 6 with 1894 viewsDibaba

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 13:45 - Feb 6 by magicdaps10

If that's a question to me then this is my answer.

Steve Clarke, Malky Mackay, Martin Jol all sacked this season and not one of them go public about legal proceedings. Im sure all of them have gone down this route, obviously to get what they deserve.
These guys regardless of the job they have done at their clubs do not want to unsettle the players they have left behind them,knowing that despite their problems they want their group of players to do well after they have left.

Some people may see this and others might not but I think this is bad form on Laudrup going public via the LMA.............bad form on the players and fans that he praises and thanks in the same statement.

Malky was on Match of the Day last week saying that he couldn't divulge some details due to legal proceedings.
Login to get fewer ads

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 14:26 - Feb 6 with 1894 viewsJack_y_Jwc

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 14:08 - Feb 6 by oh_tommy_tommy

Laudrups got a point

Mid table in the league with dreadful injuries & probably to him no question of going down .

Europa league

Fa cup .

So although the performances on the pitch is below par .
Every thing else is in the expectations of the club & landed supporter.

I disagree, we've been here before with Sousa but we dodged the situation thanks to Leicester. We've been off form for a while, and HJ and the board probably feel we're drifting too far from our identity & playing style.

How long have we criticised the lack of width and lack of pressure when we're off the ball? I don't believe Laudrup would have addressed the situation and so HJ made the HUGE call of trying to fix it himself. Whether Monk is the answer, only time will tell.

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 14:28 - Feb 6 with 1866 viewsDull1Thomas

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 14:26 - Feb 6 by Jack_y_Jwc

I disagree, we've been here before with Sousa but we dodged the situation thanks to Leicester. We've been off form for a while, and HJ and the board probably feel we're drifting too far from our identity & playing style.

How long have we criticised the lack of width and lack of pressure when we're off the ball? I don't believe Laudrup would have addressed the situation and so HJ made the HUGE call of trying to fix it himself. Whether Monk is the answer, only time will tell.

"HJ and the board probably feel we're drifting too far from our identity & playing style."

Is it only me who recalls fans going into melt down at Rodger's having no plan B.

The same with Laudrup last season and when he changed the system same again.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 14:33 - Feb 6 with 1826 viewsllangyfelach

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 14:25 - Feb 6 by exiledclaseboy

Interesting but not surprising that the Danes among our number have started to turn on the club they claimed to love and said they’d support even after Laudrup had left. Some of them even got all sniffy when it was suggested back in the day that they’d be off as soon as Laudrup was. Not better than Kiisgod, most of them. And they had the gall to take the mick out of her,

Certainly some angry Danish f*ckers on here. I thought they were all laid back and horizontal. Too much salty bacon giving them high blood pressure

Poll: Sugar on Weetabix?

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 14:36 - Feb 6 with 1806 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 14:26 - Feb 6 by Jack_y_Jwc

Quite.

The really risky call was not sacking Laudrup it was installing Monk for the foreseeable future.

The first evidently needed to be done - the second is a massive gamble.

There's nothing much in his statement that surprises me - anyone would seek legal advice in his position. The advice may well be to take the money and run. The only thing that saddens me a bit is the refusal to let him say goodbye to the players. Huw must have good reason for that otherwise it looks petty.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 14:44 - Feb 6 with 1758 viewsLeonisGod

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 12:48 - Feb 6 by Jackanapes

And those managers enlist the legal team of the LMA . Malky Makay is in the middle of the same thing. As I said you need just cause to sack someone.

Presumably that just cause includes loss of confidence that he could take the club forward, based on our generally poor performances since the League Cup final. We're bottom of the form charts for a reason, and the buck stops with ML and the team.

But disappointing to see an acrimonious end to ML's time here. He did after all oversee one of the most successful periods of the club's history.
Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 14:45 - Feb 6 with 1754 views2face

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 14:25 - Feb 6 by exiledclaseboy

As a Dane, I have to say you're right. And it's a bit embarrasing. We are hyper sensitive about our national treasure. And there is nothing wrong about firing a manager that doesn't deliver.

But I must say that I also find the hatred towards other former managers like Rodgers and Martinez unbecoming. They are hated because they claimed their undying loyalty and then "fecked off" at the first opportunity. Laudrup didn't claim undying loyalty. And HJ says he fired him because of the uncertainty about his future. So it appears that if Rodgers and Martinez had been public about their desire to leave, they would have been fired midseason too. So you're damned if you do and damned if you don't. Martinez and Rodgers left on their own accord and are hated by fans. Laudrup was fired and it looks like he is on a fast track to being universally hated too. There is something wrong with this picture. What is the purpose of being manager of a club, if your lasting legacy is that you will be hated by the fans no matter what you do? Are there any former managers that people actually like?
Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 14:47 - Feb 6 with 1744 viewsllangyfelach

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 14:45 - Feb 6 by 2face

As a Dane, I have to say you're right. And it's a bit embarrasing. We are hyper sensitive about our national treasure. And there is nothing wrong about firing a manager that doesn't deliver.

But I must say that I also find the hatred towards other former managers like Rodgers and Martinez unbecoming. They are hated because they claimed their undying loyalty and then "fecked off" at the first opportunity. Laudrup didn't claim undying loyalty. And HJ says he fired him because of the uncertainty about his future. So it appears that if Rodgers and Martinez had been public about their desire to leave, they would have been fired midseason too. So you're damned if you do and damned if you don't. Martinez and Rodgers left on their own accord and are hated by fans. Laudrup was fired and it looks like he is on a fast track to being universally hated too. There is something wrong with this picture. What is the purpose of being manager of a club, if your lasting legacy is that you will be hated by the fans no matter what you do? Are there any former managers that people actually like?

Martinez broke my heart. I promised after that I wouldn't get emotionally attached to a manager again

Poll: Sugar on Weetabix?

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 14:51 - Feb 6 with 1713 viewsmacman

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 14:23 - Feb 6 by Darran

F*ck all to do with you.

Darran, you seem a master of short statements - are you looking for a place on the board by any chance. Deny it and we will know for sure you have the right qualities.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2014 14:55]
Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 14:51 - Feb 6 with 1711 viewsDarran

I'm not embarrassed about Tuborg Gold.

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 14:55 - Feb 6 with 1682 viewsChefbech

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 14:33 - Feb 6 by llangyfelach

Certainly some angry Danish f*ckers on here. I thought they were all laid back and horizontal. Too much salty bacon giving them high blood pressure

In this case however it seems that HJ is the one with the high blood pressure...Bacon is good though..
;-)
[Post edited 6 Feb 2014 14:56]
Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 15:04 - Feb 6 with 1642 viewsUxbridge

It's quite simple. We love them when they're here, hate them if they go to an opposition team, and see their stock improve if they go somewhere else.

I'm pretty apathetic regarding Laudrup. He couldn't be bothered to get worked up so why would I?
[Post edited 6 Feb 2014 15:05]

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 15:06 - Feb 6 with 1617 viewsmacman

He is just telling:

the board - you f'cked me once, dont try it twice
since nothing is settled at all, I am sure. Of course the board will try to get out of paying 4,5 - it is their job to minimize the cost.

the players - well, I cannot see you, so thanks and take care. Anything wrong with that?
[Post edited 6 Feb 2014 15:09]
Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 15:30 - Feb 6 with 1557 viewstrolley_jack

I feel sorry for him that he as been sacked but the truth will come out sooner or later, It is nice to hear Monk talk about working hard for the fans tho. ML mentioned the fans in his LMA letter but I hardly remember him mentioning us while he was here. Travel to Malmo and St Gallen and almost every away game last season and every time at the final whistle he Fecked off down the tunnel without even acknowledging us, I know it is paltry issue but he seemed to have no passion for the club same expression if we won or lost. Undoubtedly a great manager and I always felt confident he could turn a negative result around in the second half but he would have treated Saturday like any other game I'm sure Monk will fire the team up and appreciate how much this match means to most of us.
Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 15:43 - Feb 6 with 1527 viewsMouthLoudrup

Could be a good sightseeing for Monk, a little sophistication learning about other cultures. Think the Gladiators also prepared with 2 training sessions per day!
Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 16:07 - Feb 6 with 1462 viewslonglostjack

Impossible to know the truth unless you're directly involved of course and we have to rely on the Board's judgement. I wonder if ML was disinterested, and certainly flying off to Paris after that performance was a bad move, but I wonder if there is a bit of a cultural divide - Scandinavians tend to be a bit cooler and rational in general - does that mean there is a problem for them to motivate a team? Was Sven Göran a motivator? Just a thought. Anyway time to move on and Gary Monk is the boy who needs our support now !

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 16:11 - Feb 6 with 1435 viewsMouthLoudrup

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 16:07 - Feb 6 by longlostjack

Impossible to know the truth unless you're directly involved of course and we have to rely on the Board's judgement. I wonder if ML was disinterested, and certainly flying off to Paris after that performance was a bad move, but I wonder if there is a bit of a cultural divide - Scandinavians tend to be a bit cooler and rational in general - does that mean there is a problem for them to motivate a team? Was Sven Göran a motivator? Just a thought. Anyway time to move on and Gary Monk is the boy who needs our support now !

Yeahh, Monk need all the support in the world if he has to take on 8 spaniards in a single fight!
Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 16:19 - Feb 6 with 1403 viewsDarran

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 16:11 - Feb 6 by MouthLoudrup

Yeahh, Monk need all the support in the world if he has to take on 8 spaniards in a single fight!

Time for you to f*ck off now dude you're boring the tits off me.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024