Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Laudrup speaks via the LMA 12:32 - Feb 6 with 18803 viewswaynekerr55

http://www.leaguemanagers.com/news/news-7353.html

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 16:31 - Feb 6 with 2379 viewsViking_Jack

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 14:25 - Feb 6 by exiledclaseboy

Interesting but not surprising that the Danes among our number have started to turn on the club they claimed to love and said they’d support even after Laudrup had left. Some of them even got all sniffy when it was suggested back in the day that they’d be off as soon as Laudrup was. Not better than Kiisgod, most of them. And they had the gall to take the mick out of her,

No offence meant, but that´s another selfrighteous post typical for the enviroment in here. I was one of those who said I would remain a Swansea supporter and I stand by my word. Just because I don´t participate in one of the worst and most schizofrenic revisionistic treatments of a manager I have ever seen, and remain rather critical towards the newest dispositions of the club, which quite frankly has disappointed me a lot, it does´nt mean I don´t support the club.

It demands either much patience (perhaps more patience than I have) or some sadomasochistic desires - that I for sure don´t have - to listen to the never-ending suspicion and misbelief against foreign supporters, to the constant "f...k" off you Danes" , "we won´t miss you", "you f...k Laudrup-lovers" etc etc. Even otherwise reasonable posters post crap like that.

Fair enough, but what do you expect people to do when they read something like that? Kiss your ass?

What goes around, comes around.

Have a nice day.

Better a brief spell of honour than a long rule of shame

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 16:42 - Feb 6 with 2331 viewsDarran

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 16:31 - Feb 6 by Viking_Jack

No offence meant, but that´s another selfrighteous post typical for the enviroment in here. I was one of those who said I would remain a Swansea supporter and I stand by my word. Just because I don´t participate in one of the worst and most schizofrenic revisionistic treatments of a manager I have ever seen, and remain rather critical towards the newest dispositions of the club, which quite frankly has disappointed me a lot, it does´nt mean I don´t support the club.

It demands either much patience (perhaps more patience than I have) or some sadomasochistic desires - that I for sure don´t have - to listen to the never-ending suspicion and misbelief against foreign supporters, to the constant "f...k" off you Danes" , "we won´t miss you", "you f...k Laudrup-lovers" etc etc. Even otherwise reasonable posters post crap like that.

Fair enough, but what do you expect people to do when they read something like that? Kiss your ass?

Have a nice day.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 16:49 - Feb 6 with 2287 viewsMouthLoudrup

So sad to see Swansea sinking to the normal standards of English soccer, spending lots of pounds just to play rubbish soccer!

If the manager is behaving like a lunatic then he is not fighting!

And if the posters are not using "f..k" as every 3rd word they cannot possible have a point.

Rubbish!
Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 16:54 - Feb 6 with 2268 viewsPlasticman

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 16:31 - Feb 6 by Viking_Jack

Have a nice day.

I think the most hypocritical ones I've seen so far are the ones making comparisons to *isgod (slot in a name instead of *) and stating that past accolades are nothing and only the present actions counts.

I found those to be hypocritical because they might as well be stated by people that could fit those criteria themselves.

Following a club is not the same as unconditionally accepting whatever decision or statement the board makes.

The sacking of Laurdrup is just the latest of a number of things that makes me personally feel that the leadership of the club are "a bunch of amature goblins" (literal translation for my opinion in danish) in their dealings.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2014 16:55]

Plastic since 2012

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 16:56 - Feb 6 with 2257 viewsDarran

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 16:54 - Feb 6 by Plasticman

I think the most hypocritical ones I've seen so far are the ones making comparisons to *isgod (slot in a name instead of *) and stating that past accolades are nothing and only the present actions counts.

I found those to be hypocritical because they might as well be stated by people that could fit those criteria themselves.

Following a club is not the same as unconditionally accepting whatever decision or statement the board makes.

The sacking of Laurdrup is just the latest of a number of things that makes me personally feel that the leadership of the club are "a bunch of amature goblins" (literal translation for my opinion in danish) in their dealings.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2014 16:55]

What did you think of them when they sacked Colin Addison,Nick Cusack and Brian Flynn?

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 17:00 - Feb 6 with 2239 viewsDaithejack

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 16:49 - Feb 6 by MouthLoudrup

So sad to see Swansea sinking to the normal standards of English soccer, spending lots of pounds just to play rubbish soccer!

If the manager is behaving like a lunatic then he is not fighting!

And if the posters are not using "f..k" as every 3rd word they cannot possible have a point.

Rubbish!

Hopefully the "rubbish soccer" is about to come to an end and with a bit of luck we about to return to high tempo, quick passing, fast pressing brand of attacking football that we became known for during our rise up through the leagues.
PS I didn't say F#%k once.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2014 17:03]

Poll: Shelvey's Goal, Best Swans goal ever?

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 17:00 - Feb 6 with 2238 viewsPlasticman

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 16:56 - Feb 6 by Darran

What did you think of them when they sacked Colin Addison,Nick Cusack and Brian Flynn?

I didn't give it a thought, as you well know.

But I was fuming when they mishandled my order with them and refused to even bother replying to my attempts of getting in touch with them to get the things remedied.

I also shook my head at the sponsorship dealings, or the shirts handlings, just to name random things from the top of my head.

you read alot more posts than me, Darran, so tell me. Does the sentence "small club mentality" ring a bell as something you've seen a few times on here by various posters? I never used that sentence before this very post where I am making you aware of it, but I've seen it plenty of times to know that I am not the only one having disagreements with the clubs handling of things from time to time.

Plastic since 2012

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 17:04 - Feb 6 with 2210 viewsTokijo

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 13:46 - Feb 6 by Uxbridge

Standard practice. Nothing to see here. The legal proceedings will be interesting though.

Though ML received compensation by "parting company". Is this not the case?
Login to get fewer ads

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 17:05 - Feb 6 with 2206 viewsGeneration_Terrorist

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 15:30 - Feb 6 by trolley_jack

I feel sorry for him that he as been sacked but the truth will come out sooner or later, It is nice to hear Monk talk about working hard for the fans tho. ML mentioned the fans in his LMA letter but I hardly remember him mentioning us while he was here. Travel to Malmo and St Gallen and almost every away game last season and every time at the final whistle he Fecked off down the tunnel without even acknowledging us, I know it is paltry issue but he seemed to have no passion for the club same expression if we won or lost. Undoubtedly a great manager and I always felt confident he could turn a negative result around in the second half but he would have treated Saturday like any other game I'm sure Monk will fire the team up and appreciate how much this match means to most of us.

"I always felt confident he could turn a negative result around in the second half"

Honestly? If we every went in at the break either a goal or more down, or had played like shite, I always thought we were f*cked. And we usually were.

"There's no cure for being a c**t."

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 17:13 - Feb 6 with 2173 viewsDull1Thomas

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 17:05 - Feb 6 by Generation_Terrorist

"I always felt confident he could turn a negative result around in the second half"

Honestly? If we every went in at the break either a goal or more down, or had played like shite, I always thought we were f*cked. And we usually were.

Fulham
Birmingham
ManU
Villa
Newcastle

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 17:31 - Feb 6 with 2105 viewstrolley_jack

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 17:13 - Feb 6 by Dull1Thomas

Fulham
Birmingham
ManU
Villa
Newcastle

Don't forget Wigan last season.
Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 17:34 - Feb 6 with 2090 viewsDarran

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 17:00 - Feb 6 by Plasticman

I didn't give it a thought, as you well know.

But I was fuming when they mishandled my order with them and refused to even bother replying to my attempts of getting in touch with them to get the things remedied.

I also shook my head at the sponsorship dealings, or the shirts handlings, just to name random things from the top of my head.

you read alot more posts than me, Darran, so tell me. Does the sentence "small club mentality" ring a bell as something you've seen a few times on here by various posters? I never used that sentence before this very post where I am making you aware of it, but I've seen it plenty of times to know that I am not the only one having disagreements with the clubs handling of things from time to time.

Not really we've got a bit of both,small club mentality and the billy big bollox brigade that think we're bigger than what we are.
Plastic i've got nothing against you you're a valid poster but you can paint this up as much as you want but sacking Laudrup after what we achieved last season isn't a decision of a club with a small club mentality.

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 17:45 - Feb 6 with 2058 viewsreddythered

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 14:26 - Feb 6 by Dibaba

Malky was on Match of the Day last week saying that he couldn't divulge some details due to legal proceedings.

Malky and his camp were leaking to the media left right and centre! How he and Moody were the greatest ever, hard done by, oh and when he and Moody got Cornelius for all that money, gave him the no 9 shirt what they really meant was he was one for the future...

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 17:45 - Feb 6 with 2058 viewsField_Of_Dreams_II

Bloody hell some people on here are going so far over the top it's unreal, how you manage with real problems in your day to day lives must be a right struggle.

For all the Danes & Laudrup lovers whatever you may think of him he's been sacked because quite frankly the teams he's picked have played garbage football for the majority of the last 38 games and won only 6 of them.

Poll: What would you rather see.....

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 18:04 - Feb 6 with 1998 viewsSwanfan1

I wont get my tits up for anything,
everyone just relax calm down, managers come and go, the club stays the same, Do I agree with the Laudrup sacking ? No

But a decision was taken based on the last 12 months, not sure the board was realistic in the sense that the Europa League is a killer
and being 12th. with 2 points from relegation was IMO a good position
with all the games we played this season.

We have already taken on most of the teams in top 7, and the games left now are the winnable ones.

When was the right time for a sacking ?.
I would say after Cardiff derby, had we lost that one, the club would have easily justified a sacking, the difference is a week and one game less.

Had we won against Cardiff things would all of sudden look much better on paper.

Poll: Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?.

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 18:43 - Feb 6 with 1941 viewsexiledclaseboy

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 14:45 - Feb 6 by 2face

As a Dane, I have to say you're right. And it's a bit embarrasing. We are hyper sensitive about our national treasure. And there is nothing wrong about firing a manager that doesn't deliver.

But I must say that I also find the hatred towards other former managers like Rodgers and Martinez unbecoming. They are hated because they claimed their undying loyalty and then "fecked off" at the first opportunity. Laudrup didn't claim undying loyalty. And HJ says he fired him because of the uncertainty about his future. So it appears that if Rodgers and Martinez had been public about their desire to leave, they would have been fired midseason too. So you're damned if you do and damned if you don't. Martinez and Rodgers left on their own accord and are hated by fans. Laudrup was fired and it looks like he is on a fast track to being universally hated too. There is something wrong with this picture. What is the purpose of being manager of a club, if your lasting legacy is that you will be hated by the fans no matter what you do? Are there any former managers that people actually like?

Fair point. I agree with you. We're a bitter bunch when managers leave us. Martinez was a c*nt, Rodgers was a c*nt and now Laudrup will be a c*nt to some. It' tragic really. They were all superb for us. I hated Martinez for a long time after he sh*t on us, but I'm over it now.

Poll: Tory leader

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 18:49 - Feb 6 with 1913 viewsDr_Winston

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 18:43 - Feb 6 by exiledclaseboy

Fair point. I agree with you. We're a bitter bunch when managers leave us. Martinez was a c*nt, Rodgers was a c*nt and now Laudrup will be a c*nt to some. It' tragic really. They were all superb for us. I hated Martinez for a long time after he sh*t on us, but I'm over it now.

Can I be truly grateful for an awesome year, yet mistrustful of Laudrup's true personality and not that bothered that he's moved on (quality of his replacement notwithstanding)?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 18:51 - Feb 6 with 1899 viewsDarran

Don't forget Brian Flynn.

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 18:52 - Feb 6 with 1897 viewsDr_Winston

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 18:51 - Feb 6 by Darran

Don't forget Brian Flynn.

He was a c*nt before though.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 18:53 - Feb 6 with 1893 viewsDarran

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 18:52 - Feb 6 by Dr_Winston

He was a c*nt before though.

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 18:53 - Feb 6 with 1903 viewsexiledclaseboy

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 18:49 - Feb 6 by Dr_Winston

Can I be truly grateful for an awesome year, yet mistrustful of Laudrup's true personality and not that bothered that he's moved on (quality of his replacement notwithstanding)?

Of course you can sir. That's pretty much exactly how I feel too.

Poll: Tory leader

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 18:54 - Feb 6 with 1901 viewscockett_jack

I think that when Martinez left a lot of people felt he had misled us and Wigan, although in the Premiership didn't seem like a massive step-up as time has shown although he has moved on. I personally got over Rodgers moving very quickly as Liverpool was too good for him to turn down and he paid very handsomely for Allen, seeing him back Monk so quickly has increased my estimation of him. This time around initially I was surprised we sacked Laudrup and think that ultimately it's a shame but I fully back the board and can see why they did it. I feel the club will move on very quickly from this and almost feel indifferent about it
Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 19:15 - Feb 6 with 1848 viewsMolliemick

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 13:21 - Feb 6 by Private_Partz

We criticised Cardiff fans for turning on Malky after lauding him and demonising Tan. It is nothing compared to what is going on here. Hero to zero in two days springs to mind. I have more time for ML than either BR or Martinez.
Anyway it is my last call on the subject. It can only damage the club's survival chances further if we become disunited over this.

May I ask why you have more time for ML than BR and RM?
It is clear to all that his effort was to win the COC and after that to coast on his laurels. No-one can ignore the poor quality PL performances for almost a year. He was strictly concerned with his own image and future career prospects.
Darran's comment is all too apt.
Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 19:17 - Feb 6 with 1837 viewsGowerjack

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 18:49 - Feb 6 by Dr_Winston

And the award for "Most sensible post in the thread" goes to....

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 19:43 - Feb 6 with 1790 viewsMolliemick

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 13:54 - Feb 6 by Plasticman

With expectations like that, I am almost starting to hope that we DO get relegated.

The clubs needs to learn humility again, cause it's starting to seem the sucess it has had have made for a lack of grounding with reality of what is expectable of results from a club of our size.

If a sense of realistic expectations doesn't happen, far worse than a single relegation is something we should fear.

Plenty of clubs have come back to the premier after having been back to the championship, it's not the end of the world, so if that is what it takes for the club not to succumb to its own hubris I'll take that over a self-implosion like we are flirting with now with the lack of grounding in expectations.

Please resume your education and learn how to string sensible sentences together.
Quote: The clubs need ---"
Quote: "the success it has had have made ---"

If your first language is Welsh, why not write in that?

Quote: " starting to hope we DO get relegated --- "
No wonder you name yourself Plasticman!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024