Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Laudrup speaks via the LMA 12:32 - Feb 6 with 18799 viewswaynekerr55

http://www.leaguemanagers.com/news/news-7353.html

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 12:56 - Feb 6 with 2439 viewsSkipTheJack

I always thought that managers were paid off rather than sacked. Surely if you give someone their salary then they've no claim for unfair dismissal.

Perhaps managers are just told to go and any pay-off is settled by the lawyers. In which case, the legal advice bit is entirely routine.
Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 12:58 - Feb 6 with 2420 viewsJackanapes

I have some sympathy with him. Its not pleasant getting the boot. If the club can prove gross misconduct they are in the clear.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 12:59 - Feb 6 with 2415 viewsDarran

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 12:52 - Feb 6 by Oldjack

4.5 million says he'll disappear quietly ,move on gracefully Mike

Spot on Alan it's not worth talking about.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 13:00 - Feb 6 with 2382 viewsperchrockjack

Sorry but once a Jack always a Jack? No way.
It would mean him not wanting to hurt our club by legal action.
Frankly, he can feck off back to warmer climes to count his dosh .

He is as mercenary as they come and his charm offensive with the media has worked while our club faces strife.

Hopefully our newe manager will renew our club and revitalise our team which has been wanting for some time.

He s done just fine out of us.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 13:00 - Feb 6 with 2394 viewsllangyfelach

Its turning into Kramer vs Kramer

Poll: Sugar on Weetabix?

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 13:00 - Feb 6 with 2387 viewsGeneralJack

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 12:42 - Feb 6 by raynor94

plenty of ammo for the Jenkins haters

I doubt anyone hates HJ he surely is 100% for our success.
I think his critics just have serious concerns about his ability to deal with people he's required to at this level.
Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 13:03 - Feb 6 with 2353 viewsBloodyhills

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 12:35 - Feb 6 by Private_Partz

No shut up clause then. This could get nasty if the legal threat is carried out. Otherwise a fair statement that does not reflect to well on the board.

I'm not sure that mentioning we are 12th in the table is fair and is a poor attempt to deflect opinion away from that fact that we have been going backwards for a while and are showing relegation form.

We are two points from the relegation places. That statistic gives a more realistic idea of where he has taken the team.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 13:05 - Feb 6 with 2318 viewsAnotherJohn

One potential source of vulnerability will be if some of the statements leaked to the press can be shown to be false - the Ince and Chadli claims for instance, and can be traced back to the board. I do hope that people have not been telling fibs, or it could be expensive.
Login to get fewer ads

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 13:05 - Feb 6 with 2317 viewsJackanapes

Huw should have sacked him last summer. When all that stuff happened with Laudrups rottweiler. I guess its hard to admit you made a balls up, in actively pursuing Laudrup to sign a new deal, almost as soon as the ink was dry. Its going to cost us either way. Twenty twenty hindsight of course.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2014 13:06]

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 13:06 - Feb 6 with 2295 viewsj01

the wording is legal advice not action

probably to get compo
Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 13:08 - Feb 6 with 2248 viewsperchrockjack

With chairman and manager not on terms it was always going to happen although ML came up with the suggestion it wasn't a problem to have his agent have no dealings with the Chaiman. As you do

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 13:10 - Feb 6 with 2223 viewsRancid

That article smacks of someone going through the motions and pretending he cares.It's a stock answer to any sacked manager.Like he gives a shit.If he cared that much he'd have stayed in Wales and tried to put things right.Wine tasting in Paris ffs.
Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 13:11 - Feb 6 with 2216 viewsOdgaard

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 12:35 - Feb 6 by Darran

F*ck him.

Did he deserve that? have he wrong you?

F*ck u!
Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 13:13 - Feb 6 with 2181 viewsperchrockjack

Indeed but we have threads wishing him well and thanking him as if he s gonna be arsed.
Like all his previous clubs, it wasn't his fault and I think many of his internet fans have been bullshiutted

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 13:21 - Feb 6 with 2088 viewsDarran

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 13:11 - Feb 6 by Odgaard

Did he deserve that? have he wrong you?

F*ck u!

Oh give over he'll have another team for you to SUPPORT next season.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 13:21 - Feb 6 with 2038 viewsPrivate_Partz

We criticised Cardiff fans for turning on Malky after lauding him and demonising Tan. It is nothing compared to what is going on here. Hero to zero in two days springs to mind. I have more time for ML than either BR or Martinez.
Anyway it is my last call on the subject. It can only damage the club's survival chances further if we become disunited over this.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 13:23 - Feb 6 with 2010 viewsRancid

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 13:21 - Feb 6 by Private_Partz

We criticised Cardiff fans for turning on Malky after lauding him and demonising Tan. It is nothing compared to what is going on here. Hero to zero in two days springs to mind. I have more time for ML than either BR or Martinez.
Anyway it is my last call on the subject. It can only damage the club's survival chances further if we become disunited over this.

They were slagging Makay off when he was still there.At least we've waited til Laudrup's gone.I think that's quite admirable.
Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 13:27 - Feb 6 with 1972 viewsshandyjack

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 12:48 - Feb 6 by C_jack

Sad that it ended in this bitter way.

don't most sacking end this way. We just haven't had to experience this as fans for a long time

Poll: Expectation for the season

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 13:30 - Feb 6 with 1937 viewsmonmouth

Unfortunately this decision will cost us our Rodgers cash. Swings and roundabouts and all that. In some ways the Board have taken the gamble with the higher initial stake, which is quite comforting as it is against the general nature of the beast; lets hope we hit the jackpot.

Statement is just a standard PR position. God help the Board though if we do go down. Again, thats quite comforting as they must have been 100% certain of the validity their stance not to take the path of least resistance.

Given we don't generally do this tort o ting there must have been earth shaking problems under the skin.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 13:30 - Feb 6 with 1931 viewsOdgaard

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 13:21 - Feb 6 by Darran

Oh give over he'll have another team for you to SUPPORT next season.

narhhh am done with that, I will follow swansea still as i did since Mølby. Think Swansea is the team i have played most in FM in my life :)

And i agree that is some context that it was wise to get Laudrup out, because the uncertainty and noise around didnt benefit the club...

But dont disgrace him :) He did well for Swansea...
Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 13:31 - Feb 6 with 1912 viewsjack_lord

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 12:43 - Feb 6 by swanny

I agree that this does not reflect well on the board BUT...a 'fair statement'? .....perhaps if he hadn't jetted off to Paris directly following such a lacklustre performance, and just before we were due to play arguably one of the most emotional and defining games of the season, just maybe he would have heard about the concerns rightly held by the board.
Personally I think this is damage limitation by the Laudrup camp, looking at recent results there is no way that this can be deemed to be unfair dismissal. This one will run and run, I just hope that fans get behind the board at this stage of the season and stop harking back to what's already been done.

But we did win three away games in the last six and had close results against Chelsea Man U (in the league) and Man City too.
The team will be at full strength in the coming weeks but a lot has been said on the other side oif the fence too.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 13:31 - Feb 6 with 1908 viewsmagicdaps10

I cant see why people think this is a bad thing or something that just does not happen. Most if not all managers sacked within the English game will go to the LMA to look into or take legal action, if they don't do this then they wont get their pay off.

Some managers will do this quietly and others will air their dirty laundry in public wich seems that Laudrup is doing, this will give people a good idea of the person that the club has sacked.

If he really cared about the club or the players then he would have kept this all quiet and gone about it without talking...........surely a man of his experience would want the players to keep the club up and not bring their attention away from the job in hand, in meaning that its not all about him and his legal rights.

This goes to prove he does not care one bit about the players but only himself.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 13:31 - Feb 6 with 1907 viewsswanny

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 13:30 - Feb 6 by Odgaard

narhhh am done with that, I will follow swansea still as i did since Mølby. Think Swansea is the team i have played most in FM in my life :)

And i agree that is some context that it was wise to get Laudrup out, because the uncertainty and noise around didnt benefit the club...

But dont disgrace him :) He did well for Swansea...

...and let's not forget that Swansea did well for him.

'Sorry, your password must contain a capital letter, two numbers, a symbol, an inspiring message, a spell, a gang sign, a hieroglyph and the blood of a virgin"

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 13:33 - Feb 6 with 1867 viewsOdgaard

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 13:31 - Feb 6 by swanny

...and let's not forget that Swansea did well for him.

Its a to ways street :)
Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 13:34 - Feb 6 with 1859 viewsharemscarem

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 12:35 - Feb 6 by Darran

F*ck him.

You are too much. No matter what Laudrup would have said, You would say like that.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024