Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Laudrup speaks via the LMA 12:32 - Feb 6 with 18802 viewswaynekerr55

http://www.leaguemanagers.com/news/news-7353.html

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 13:34 - Feb 6 with 1919 viewsmagicdaps10

Why was Laudrup sacked!?

1 win in 10 in the league.

Villas-Boas was sacked when only being 7 points from top spot................FFS get over it Michael!

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 13:37 - Feb 6 with 1907 viewsalphonseM

hmmm....

"I am deeply disappointed to have been dismissed as manager of Swansea City. In particular, the manner in which it happened and the actions the club has taken since notifying me in the briefest of letters which gave no reasons why such hasty and final action was deemed necessary."

"The club has informed me that I cannot visit the training ground to say my farewells to the players so I do that now through this statement."
[Post edited 6 Feb 2014 13:46]
Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 13:40 - Feb 6 with 1870 viewsllangyfelach

First blip this club has endured in over 10 years. Some precious c*nts need to man up a bit and enjoy the ride

Poll: Sugar on Weetabix?

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 13:41 - Feb 6 with 1854 viewsshandyjack

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 13:30 - Feb 6 by monmouth

Unfortunately this decision will cost us our Rodgers cash. Swings and roundabouts and all that. In some ways the Board have taken the gamble with the higher initial stake, which is quite comforting as it is against the general nature of the beast; lets hope we hit the jackpot.

Statement is just a standard PR position. God help the Board though if we do go down. Again, thats quite comforting as they must have been 100% certain of the validity their stance not to take the path of least resistance.

Given we don't generally do this tort o ting there must have been earth shaking problems under the skin.

not making the decision could of cost us a lot more in the long run if we had of gone down. Guess we'll find out how correct the decision was in May

Poll: Expectation for the season

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 13:45 - Feb 6 with 1805 viewsmagicdaps10

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 13:37 - Feb 6 by alphonseM

hmmm....

"I am deeply disappointed to have been dismissed as manager of Swansea City. In particular, the manner in which it happened and the actions the club has taken since notifying me in the briefest of letters which gave no reasons why such hasty and final action was deemed necessary."

"The club has informed me that I cannot visit the training ground to say my farewells to the players so I do that now through this statement."
[Post edited 6 Feb 2014 13:46]

If that's a question to me then this is my answer.

Steve Clarke, Malky Mackay, Martin Jol all sacked this season and not one of them go public about legal proceedings. Im sure all of them have gone down this route, obviously to get what they deserve.
These guys regardless of the job they have done at their clubs do not want to unsettle the players they have left behind them,knowing that despite their problems they want their group of players to do well after they have left.

Some people may see this and others might not but I think this is bad form on Laudrup going public via the LMA.............bad form on the players and fans that he praises and thanks in the same statement.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 13:46 - Feb 6 with 1778 viewsUxbridge

Standard practice. Nothing to see here. The legal proceedings will be interesting though.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 13:47 - Feb 6 with 1770 viewsPlasticman

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 13:00 - Feb 6 by GeneralJack

I doubt anyone hates HJ he surely is 100% for our success.
I think his critics just have serious concerns about his ability to deal with people he's required to at this level.

To be honest, I'm wondering more wether this is Huws responsibility, or someone elses. The statement he released where he praised Laudrup after the sacking leads me to believe it might be others from the board that lost ground control with expectations.

Plastic since 2012

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 13:47 - Feb 6 with 1759 viewsDr_Winston

Getting sacked doesn't reflect well on the image he carefully cultivates (why else use Tutumlu to say publically what he can't?) so a certain amount of launched toys is not unexpected.

Piles a lot more pressure onto Monk and the players though. Hope they're up to it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 13:47 - Feb 6 with 1757 viewsJACKARSE

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 12:49 - Feb 6 by epaul

The club have obviously built up a case justifying instant dismissal and undoubtedly there would be something in his contract regarding this, or how its managed

Depends on who wrote the contract might be the same person who wrote the Ki contract ...............
Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 13:49 - Feb 6 with 1737 viewspremierjack

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 12:43 - Feb 6 by Jackanapes

Based on the fact he was summarily dismissed. You cant just fire people because you feel like it.

He was fired due to shit form and shit results!
Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 13:49 - Feb 6 with 1734 viewsBaker

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 13:46 - Feb 6 by Uxbridge

Standard practice. Nothing to see here. The legal proceedings will be interesting though.

Exactly.

Exhibit A m'lud... http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2286792/Nigel-Adkins-takes-legal-action

Exhibit B... http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2437190/Southampton-Nigel-Adki

Do one Mike!

May I say? what a smashing blouse you have on!

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 13:54 - Feb 6 with 1689 viewsPlasticman

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 13:34 - Feb 6 by magicdaps10

Why was Laudrup sacked!?

Villas-Boas was sacked when only being 7 points from top spot................FFS get over it Michael!

With expectations like that, I am almost starting to hope that we DO get relegated.

The clubs needs to learn humility again, cause it's starting to seem the sucess it has had have made for a lack of grounding with reality of what is expectable of results from a club of our size.

If a sense of realistic expectations doesn't happen, far worse than a single relegation is something we should fear.

Plenty of clubs have come back to the premier after having been back to the championship, it's not the end of the world, so if that is what it takes for the club not to succumb to its own hubris I'll take that over a self-implosion like we are flirting with now with the lack of grounding in expectations.

Plastic since 2012

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 13:56 - Feb 6 with 1675 viewsPlasticman

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 13:47 - Feb 6 by JACKARSE

Depends on who wrote the contract might be the same person who wrote the Ki contract ...............

or handled the continous shirt fiascos

Plastic since 2012

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 13:56 - Feb 6 with 1672 viewsmacthejack

We've heard all sorts about why Laudrup was sacked in the press and also heard his side of things.

I've taken both sides with a pinch of salt and drawn a conclusion that lies somewhere in between the two.
Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 13:57 - Feb 6 with 1669 viewsBackHeel

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 12:55 - Feb 6 by Clinton

They'll have to pay him off now. It's a matter of legal threats, negotiation, posturing, counter posturing etc etc. I hope Huw plays his best Jedi mind games, to save the club a pot of money.

"Move along Michael, no compensation here"

unfari dismissal?, you do a sh*t job = you lose it
Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 13:57 - Feb 6 with 1661 viewsBackHeel

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 13:34 - Feb 6 by magicdaps10

Why was Laudrup sacked!?

talking of Villas Boas do you recon he could do a job here
Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 13:58 - Feb 6 with 1649 viewsJACKARSE

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 12:50 - Feb 6 by Private_Partz

I thnk the two days off were quite normal. Uncertainty about his future was the reason given by the board. .The danger now is we will get into a big scrap over this as supporters. I feel that even though I disagree with what the board have done, we have to move forward and support GM and AC.

Exactly - fully agree and unite and move on.
The LMA letter is standard practice and the legal team is all part of the service provided by the LMA to protect it's members. It is standard procedure. If he has been contractually wronged then we will no doubt have to pay a bit more. End of.
Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 14:00 - Feb 6 with 1623 viewsswanny

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 13:54 - Feb 6 by Plasticman

With expectations like that, I am almost starting to hope that we DO get relegated.

The clubs needs to learn humility again, cause it's starting to seem the sucess it has had have made for a lack of grounding with reality of what is expectable of results from a club of our size.

If a sense of realistic expectations doesn't happen, far worse than a single relegation is something we should fear.

Plenty of clubs have come back to the premier after having been back to the championship, it's not the end of the world, so if that is what it takes for the club not to succumb to its own hubris I'll take that over a self-implosion like we are flirting with now with the lack of grounding in expectations.

it's not so much the expectation...it was the sheer apathy and lack of will to win that has finally got to the board and the supporters (it's my belief).

'Sorry, your password must contain a capital letter, two numbers, a symbol, an inspiring message, a spell, a gang sign, a hieroglyph and the blood of a virgin"

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 14:01 - Feb 6 with 1601 viewslovejuicejack

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 12:49 - Feb 6 by epaul

The club have obviously built up a case justifying instant dismissal and undoubtedly there would be something in his contract regarding this, or how its managed

Yeah it'll tacked onto the bit of the contract that had Ki's call back cut off date.
Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 14:01 - Feb 6 with 1601 viewsthedrownedman

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 13:47 - Feb 6 by Dr_Winston

Getting sacked doesn't reflect well on the image he carefully cultivates (why else use Tutumlu to say publically what he can't?) so a certain amount of launched toys is not unexpected.

Piles a lot more pressure onto Monk and the players though. Hope they're up to it.

Sums it up.
Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 14:02 - Feb 6 with 1591 viewsdukemedia

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 13:57 - Feb 6 by BackHeel

talking of Villas Boas do you recon he could do a job here

Admin, bar work, ball boy. All possibilities.
Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 14:06 - Feb 6 with 1559 viewsChefbech

I would love to see his defence :)

Defence? That should be easy.

"Our reasons would include, poor results": - Just about the same as last season.
"lack of motivation for the job" - Based on what?
"disappearing to France" - Disappearing? Hardly the case..
"losing the dressing room" — Accusations from players outside the start 11 or just unhappy players. All clubs have those, and they will always make noise…
"training ground fights" — That is not new in the PL - and it was just one fight. Oh — wasn’t Monk involved? Nice manager skills..
"lack of communication" - In what regard? To the press maybe?

Apparently he was sacked by letter. Real classy. Other than that he is being respectful about Swansea — so it could seem that it would be the other way around…
[Post edited 6 Feb 2014 14:09]
Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 14:08 - Feb 6 with 1544 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Laudrups got a point

Mid table in the league with dreadful injuries & probably to him no question of going down .

Europa league

Fa cup .

So although the performances on the pitch is below par .
Every thing else is in the expectations of the club & landed supporter.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 14:11 - Feb 6 with 1515 viewsDarran

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 13:40 - Feb 6 by llangyfelach

First blip this club has endured in over 10 years. Some precious c*nts need to man up a bit and enjoy the ride

And whilst they're at it have a look at this weekends fixtures.
Tw*ts.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 14:15 - Feb 6 with 1487 viewsDull1Thomas

Laudrup speaks via the LMA on 13:45 - Feb 6 by magicdaps10

If that's a question to me then this is my answer.

Steve Clarke, Malky Mackay, Martin Jol all sacked this season and not one of them go public about legal proceedings. Im sure all of them have gone down this route, obviously to get what they deserve.
These guys regardless of the job they have done at their clubs do not want to unsettle the players they have left behind them,knowing that despite their problems they want their group of players to do well after they have left.

Some people may see this and others might not but I think this is bad form on Laudrup going public via the LMA.............bad form on the players and fans that he praises and thanks in the same statement.

Mallky McKay not public

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024