Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer rumours 2024 19:24 - Apr 28 with 717736 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Started already since we thumped the Yorkshire Massive so going early.

Apparently we are linked with Bosun Lawal. Celtic, on loan at Fleetwood, centre midfield or centre back. 20 years old, Irish apparently.

Feel free to add as they come in !
Transfer rumours 2024 on 20:57 - Aug 22 with 5901 viewsconnell10

Transfer rumours 2024 on 19:32 - Aug 22 by Wilkinswatercarrier

It will be announced Friday, just to keep the excitement going. Then he is introduced before the game Saturday.

I hope....

Oh , well that's certainly excited me.
[Post edited 22 Aug 20:57]

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 21:37 - Aug 22 with 5519 viewsdm97

The last 3/4 pages of this thread are all the evidence needed for why the “fans don’t get to know anything” strategy, for whatever perceived positives the club think it has, just isn’t worth it. Don’t want to be that guy, but I keep repeating myself here - as soon as things start to go a bit wrong on the pitch, as they well might with so many new players, this issue only balloons.

And its a complete own goal. Like the sh*t 90s football own goal against City.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 21:58 - Aug 22 with 5295 viewsrbee

Transfer rumours 2024 on 21:37 - Aug 22 by dm97

The last 3/4 pages of this thread are all the evidence needed for why the “fans don’t get to know anything” strategy, for whatever perceived positives the club think it has, just isn’t worth it. Don’t want to be that guy, but I keep repeating myself here - as soon as things start to go a bit wrong on the pitch, as they well might with so many new players, this issue only balloons.

And its a complete own goal. Like the sh*t 90s football own goal against City.

This “fans don’t get to know anything” policy that you mention, is it actually in place to TRY and stop other football clubs receiving information rather than QPR fans?
Transfer rumours 2024 on 22:05 - Aug 22 with 5211 viewsderbyhoop

Transfer rumours 2024 on 19:32 - Aug 22 by Wilkinswatercarrier

It will be announced Friday, just to keep the excitement going. Then he is introduced before the game Saturday.

I hope....

They can introduce him as part of the line-up.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Transfer rumours 2024 on 22:11 - Aug 22 with 5120 viewsHunterhoop

Transfer rumours 2024 on 19:46 - Aug 22 by daveB

i said new regime rather than Nourry but he was at the club when Cannon signed
The signings being made are in a large part down to the recruitment team lead by Andy Belk who were getting slaughtered when Ferdinand was here but we now have complete trust in them when they have a different boss.

Quite.

I think it’s also important to point out that Northern, Dave, Antti, JD, myself, and other, we all WANT the signings to be a success, and we all want the numbers to stack up in the accounts. All we’re saying is that it’s only reasonable to be sceptical (whilst remaining hopeful). There simply isn’t any evidence yet that Nourry will be a great success (selling Armstrong for 2.5m feels like great business now, but it’s one deal), and Belk presided over lots of over paid signings who failed to succeed and be sold on for. And the man writing the cheques is the same man as for the past 5 years, arguably 8.

Hope and scepticism feels appropriate.

The latter dissipates if we sell someone and bring in another £6m+.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 22:13 - Aug 22 with 5105 viewsMyke

Transfer rumours 2024 on 19:26 - Aug 22 by connell10

That Danes medical is taking a long time.

Well he is 6' 4"
Transfer rumours 2024 on 22:15 - Aug 22 with 5088 viewsrbee

Transfer rumours 2024 on 22:05 - Aug 22 by derbyhoop

They can introduce him as part of the line-up.

Wouldn't that be nice but presumably there will be the boring stuff like International Clearance
Transfer rumours 2024 on 22:36 - Aug 22 with 4909 viewsrbee

Transfer rumours 2024 on 22:11 - Aug 22 by Hunterhoop

Quite.

I think it’s also important to point out that Northern, Dave, Antti, JD, myself, and other, we all WANT the signings to be a success, and we all want the numbers to stack up in the accounts. All we’re saying is that it’s only reasonable to be sceptical (whilst remaining hopeful). There simply isn’t any evidence yet that Nourry will be a great success (selling Armstrong for 2.5m feels like great business now, but it’s one deal), and Belk presided over lots of over paid signings who failed to succeed and be sold on for. And the man writing the cheques is the same man as for the past 5 years, arguably 8.

Hope and scepticism feels appropriate.

The latter dissipates if we sell someone and bring in another £6m+.

I think we also have to credit Nourry for last January's transfer window
[Post edited 23 Aug 17:20]
Login to get fewer ads

Transfer rumours 2024 on 22:41 - Aug 22 with 4854 viewsHunterhoop

Transfer rumours 2024 on 22:36 - Aug 22 by rbee

I think we also have to credit Nourry for last January's transfer window
[Post edited 23 Aug 17:20]

Not being difficult, but do we know the analytical software is better?? Won’t we only be able to judge that in a couple of years when we know how some signings turn out? Again, I’m hopeful. There just seems to be a lot of acceptance things are better and decisions are right without much to justify that confidence.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 22:48 - Aug 22 with 4783 viewsrbee

I recall both Hoos and Nourry talking about the software. We upgraded but are still behind the likes of Brentford and Brighton I think it was.

[Post edited 23 Aug 17:24]
Transfer rumours 2024 on 00:40 - Aug 23 with 4329 viewsnumptydumpty

Transfer rumours 2024 on 22:48 - Aug 22 by rbee

I recall both Hoos and Nourry talking about the software. We upgraded but are still behind the likes of Brentford and Brighton I think it was.

I think we all have a belief that the recruitment is more data driven and future focused as most signings are unknown to your average fan, and of a certain age, as opposed to decent sorts from the lower league or experienced pros on their way down.

Perhaps Cifuentes has knowledge personally himself of a few ie fits his own preferred model of player to fit his system.

Obviously it's key the players fit the managers style.

Not saying we did that for Ainsworth but Begovic, Cook, Colback would possibly not be signed now.

Myself personally I would prefer one more old pro, the obvious choice being Hayden, but money available and the model now suggests otherwise.

For me, it seems the data has picked up players far and wide and am guessing the data suggests the players that also could dovetail together.

The loss of Arnstrong and Willock if rumours were true, apparently we wanted to keep both, but that was not their wishes, but much as at times loved the buzz around these two, their ceiling was met, I feel, and the indications were with both time to move on.
[Post edited 23 Aug 0:43]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Transfer rumours 2024 on 01:09 - Aug 23 with 4233 views1JD

Don’t believe everything you read where AI is mentioned. Those in the industry know that just because every software company on the planet now claims AI, it doesn’t mean it’s true. In software the hype train is always in overdrive and it’s often a case of more marketing that product. Same is true of QPR. Also, don’t confuse analytics with AI, without wishing to go too deep into the subject. QPR have been running advanced analytics software for several years under Belk, but it is only now being “marketed” to fans. Make of that what you will
Transfer rumours 2024 on 01:13 - Aug 23 with 4228 viewsSydneyRs

Transfer rumours 2024 on 00:40 - Aug 23 by numptydumpty

I think we all have a belief that the recruitment is more data driven and future focused as most signings are unknown to your average fan, and of a certain age, as opposed to decent sorts from the lower league or experienced pros on their way down.

Perhaps Cifuentes has knowledge personally himself of a few ie fits his own preferred model of player to fit his system.

Obviously it's key the players fit the managers style.

Not saying we did that for Ainsworth but Begovic, Cook, Colback would possibly not be signed now.

Myself personally I would prefer one more old pro, the obvious choice being Hayden, but money available and the model now suggests otherwise.

For me, it seems the data has picked up players far and wide and am guessing the data suggests the players that also could dovetail together.

The loss of Arnstrong and Willock if rumours were true, apparently we wanted to keep both, but that was not their wishes, but much as at times loved the buzz around these two, their ceiling was met, I feel, and the indications were with both time to move on.
[Post edited 23 Aug 0:43]

Willock of a couple of years ago maybe, but he's been a shadow of that for a long time since the injuries and you wonder if he will ever get back to that level. Joining Cardiff is hardly likely to increase the likelihood of it.

Armstrong. Well if he could finish, trap a ball etc he could be phenomenal. Is he ever likely to get to that level? There's also his tendency to run out of gas quite quickly. Maybe he'll make it, but I'm not so sure.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 01:59 - Aug 23 with 4145 viewsMatch82

If I recall correctly the Brentford owner also has a sports betting business which gives him access to their internal statistics/analytics package which is further advanced than anything available on the open market because that's something betting companies invest obscene amounts of money in due to what's at stake.

So while we may be behind from a time perspective, our ceiling in terms of the analytics is also lower than theirs. Which is a depressing thought.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 02:24 - Aug 23 with 4101 viewsrbee

You are 100% correct Match82 this is what Lee Hoos talked about.

Speaking of Andy Belk if you haven't watched this interview it is worth a watch. Andy mentions player contract lengths several times which Might explain the clubs current stance on the subject.

Transfer rumours 2024 on 07:32 - Aug 23 with 3577 viewsGloucs_R

Transfer rumours 2024 on 01:09 - Aug 23 by 1JD

Don’t believe everything you read where AI is mentioned. Those in the industry know that just because every software company on the planet now claims AI, it doesn’t mean it’s true. In software the hype train is always in overdrive and it’s often a case of more marketing that product. Same is true of QPR. Also, don’t confuse analytics with AI, without wishing to go too deep into the subject. QPR have been running advanced analytics software for several years under Belk, but it is only now being “marketed” to fans. Make of that what you will

Poll: Are we staying up?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 07:45 - Aug 23 with 3447 viewsdm97

Transfer rumours 2024 on 21:58 - Aug 22 by rbee

This “fans don’t get to know anything” policy that you mention, is it actually in place to TRY and stop other football clubs receiving information rather than QPR fans?

I don’t know how many times it needs to be said, but if another club want to know the terms of Dembele’s or Saito’s loan they can call their agents. Football clubs have a number of mechanisms to find this stuff out.

Most of us fans have the ever reliable X, friends / family, and this forum. Clubs will get the info one way or another and we won’t.
[Post edited 23 Aug 7:47]
Transfer rumours 2024 on 08:36 - Aug 23 with 3008 viewsJamesB1979

Transfer rumours 2024 on 07:45 - Aug 23 by dm97

I don’t know how many times it needs to be said, but if another club want to know the terms of Dembele’s or Saito’s loan they can call their agents. Football clubs have a number of mechanisms to find this stuff out.

Most of us fans have the ever reliable X, friends / family, and this forum. Clubs will get the info one way or another and we won’t.
[Post edited 23 Aug 7:47]

And if that club approaches us and it’s clear they know the contract details, then that helps us make a decision on whether to sell or not. Ie. If he’s told the contract length to other clubs, then that player wants out.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 08:40 - Aug 23 with 2965 viewsrbee

I totally agree which is why I said TRY. But the question for me remains, who is the silence policy actually aimed at.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 08:49 - Aug 23 with 2869 viewsaston_hoop

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-set-to-complete-madsen-deal-as-clubs-eye

EDB going out on loan makes sense, the lad wants to play football and we need him to I think

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 08:53 - Aug 23 with 2833 viewsdmm

Transfer rumours 2024 on 08:40 - Aug 23 by rbee

I totally agree which is why I said TRY. But the question for me remains, who is the silence policy actually aimed at.

The silence policy must surely be aimed at the fans as it seems most other interested parties can access the info. If that's the case, maybe it's to curb criticism but it's only served to promote it.

Questions will surely be asked at the fans' forum.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:00 - Aug 23 with 2720 viewsdmm

Transfer rumours 2024 on 08:49 - Aug 23 by aston_hoop

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-set-to-complete-madsen-deal-as-clubs-eye

EDB going out on loan makes sense, the lad wants to play football and we need him to I think

I'm hoping we'll see at least one or two of the youngsters who were included in the first team's preseason get loans out. Alfie Lloyd, Daniel Bennie, Harry Murphy, Lorent Talla and Alfie Tuck would all benefit from regular first team football. Matteo Salamon unfortunately broke a finger and won't be back in action for a few months.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:01 - Aug 23 with 2699 viewsNorthernr

Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:00 - Aug 23 by dmm

I'm hoping we'll see at least one or two of the youngsters who were included in the first team's preseason get loans out. Alfie Lloyd, Daniel Bennie, Harry Murphy, Lorent Talla and Alfie Tuck would all benefit from regular first team football. Matteo Salamon unfortunately broke a finger and won't be back in action for a few months.

Good loans.
We really need these guys to be landing in League One and Two, not work experience at Hampton and Richmond.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:29 - Aug 23 with 2343 viewsrbee

West London Sport

QPR are today (Friday) expected to finalise the signing of Danish midfielder Nicolas Madsen from Belgian club Westerlo.

Will be pleased to see this get over the line, I thought Coventry might beat us to his signature as there are players there that Madsen previously played with.

All for EDB going out loan but with a recall clause should we be hit with injuries and suspensions.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:31 - Aug 23 with 2315 viewsDWQPR

Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:01 - Aug 23 by Northernr

Good loans.
We really need these guys to be landing in League One and Two, not work experience at Hampton and Richmond.

League One must be a minimum number f these players are to stand a chance of making it as a championship player

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024