Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer rumours 2024 19:24 - Apr 28 with 717752 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Started already since we thumped the Yorkshire Massive so going early.

Apparently we are linked with Bosun Lawal. Celtic, on loan at Fleetwood, centre midfield or centre back. 20 years old, Irish apparently.

Feel free to add as they come in !
Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:30 - Aug 27 with 6137 viewsjohnhoop

A lot of our transfer business seems to have been good but the right-back situation is a mess approaching Taylor Richards proportions.
We sign one player for the position without doing due diligence to make sure that he’s actually available to buy and then a second one who we appear to have so little faith in that we’re not keen on him even as back-up.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:31 - Aug 27 with 6129 viewsNorthernr

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:30 - Aug 27 by johnhoop

A lot of our transfer business seems to have been good but the right-back situation is a mess approaching Taylor Richards proportions.
We sign one player for the position without doing due diligence to make sure that he’s actually available to buy and then a second one who we appear to have so little faith in that we’re not keen on him even as back-up.

Third time's the charm.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:33 - Aug 27 with 6083 viewsaston_hoop

'Fun' fact, Taylor Richards has an 'unspecified knee injury'. Are you shocked? Is anyone shocked?

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:37 - Aug 27 with 5961 viewsdmm

I think you're quite right about the RB situation and to add to that, Dunne's contract expires next summer and there's no word on extending it.

LB isn't great either with Paal's contract similarly ending next summer, Fox out for a good while yet and our loan hope going elsewhere.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:43 - Aug 27 with 5878 viewslassel

For what it’s worth (it’s the internet so nothing!) I said before we kicked off the season i thought 2x wingers, a CM, a LB and a RB would be signed and I’ll stick with it. If Dykes goes I would imagine also a CF on-top.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:44 - Aug 27 with 5866 viewsjohnhoop

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:37 - Aug 27 by dmm

I think you're quite right about the RB situation and to add to that, Dunne's contract expires next summer and there's no word on extending it.

LB isn't great either with Paal's contract similarly ending next summer, Fox out for a good while yet and our loan hope going elsewhere.

It’s a shame we missed out on Owen Beck but maybe it was a case of him preferring to stay in the North-West.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:46 - Aug 27 with 5806 viewsrbee

Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:13 - Aug 27 by dmm

No, see here that Santos played for Sporting's first team last season: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/hevertton/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/695121/p

According to Wiki

2020–2022 Sporting CP B 34 (2)
2022–2024 Estrela da Amadora 41 (0)

Estrela da Amadora got promoted to the Primeira Liga at the end of the 2022/23 season. He played 12 games in the second division and 29 games in the first division.

Not many games played for a 23 year old.
[Post edited 27 Aug 12:55]
Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:53 - Aug 27 with 5682 viewsDoudou87

If Dykes goes to Brum does that free up Jay Stansfield for a loan......

Poll: Preferred rumoured CB

Login to get fewer ads

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:57 - Aug 27 with 5570 viewsconnell10

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:53 - Aug 27 by Doudou87

If Dykes goes to Brum does that free up Jay Stansfield for a loan......

He was Fulhams sub bench the other day , so I'd say they ain't loaning him out.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 13:23 - Aug 27 with 5315 viewsLoftgirl

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:33 - Aug 27 by aston_hoop

'Fun' fact, Taylor Richards has an 'unspecified knee injury'. Are you shocked? Is anyone shocked?

Don't laugh, they might send him back.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 13:26 - Aug 27 with 5232 viewsLoyalitat

Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:13 - Aug 27 by dmm

No, see here that Santos played for Sporting's first team last season: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/hevertton/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/695121/p

No way has Santos played for Sporting's first team last season. He wouldn't be at QPR if that were the case, as they won the league with a certain V Gyokeres in that team. I've said elsewhere that he's not good enough, based on his bizarre half-hour performance against third-tier Cambridge, and it seems that may have been the decision reached at the club too.

He hasn't been brought on in the last two games, so he should be expected to either start tonight or come on in the second-half, as Dunne cannot be expected to play the entire game tonight. If not, then clearly he's no longer in the MC's consideration.
[Post edited 27 Aug 13:35]
Transfer rumours 2024 on 13:34 - Aug 27 with 5109 viewsQPR_John

“We sign one player for the position without doing due diligence to make sure that he’s actually available to buy “

In which case who rubber stamped the transfer especially as it needed international clearance.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 13:44 - Aug 27 with 4923 viewsDavieQPR

Transfer rumours 2024 on 13:34 - Aug 27 by QPR_John

“We sign one player for the position without doing due diligence to make sure that he’s actually available to buy “

In which case who rubber stamped the transfer especially as it needed international clearance.

You don't 'buy' free transfers.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:02 - Aug 27 with 4713 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Transfer rumours 2024 on 13:26 - Aug 27 by Loyalitat

No way has Santos played for Sporting's first team last season. He wouldn't be at QPR if that were the case, as they won the league with a certain V Gyokeres in that team. I've said elsewhere that he's not good enough, based on his bizarre half-hour performance against third-tier Cambridge, and it seems that may have been the decision reached at the club too.

He hasn't been brought on in the last two games, so he should be expected to either start tonight or come on in the second-half, as Dunne cannot be expected to play the entire game tonight. If not, then clearly he's no longer in the MC's consideration.
[Post edited 27 Aug 13:35]

Blimey, 3 games into the season and some on here have written off Santos, Celar and Varane already!
Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:54 - Aug 27 with 4395 viewsQPR_John

Transfer rumours 2024 on 13:44 - Aug 27 by DavieQPR

You don't 'buy' free transfers.

Your point is? A player needs to be registered whether bought or free. He clearly was registered to play for us as he has done so
[Post edited 27 Aug 18:04]
Transfer rumours 2024 on 15:38 - Aug 27 with 4067 viewsHoopstar

Even by our own standards as a fanbase the way in which some posters have written some of these new signings off is truly astounding. It's the old be first to say Player X is no good, on the basis that some signings clearly won't work out, and they can get the old gloating going. A weird way to operate imho.

Santos was playing in the Portuguese top league for that Estrela da Amadora side who were promoted in 2022-23 to the top league. Chris Willock was playing in the Portuguese second division when we signed him. Football outside the larger sides is pretty poor in Portugal from what I know and bar playing Porto, SL, Benfica etc. can imagine the Championship is a step up in standard for him. No idea if he will turn out to be any good but damned if some are going to give him 5 minutes to adjust to a new culture, league and level!
Transfer rumours 2024 on 15:47 - Aug 27 with 3881 viewsNorthernr

Transfer rumours 2024 on 15:38 - Aug 27 by Hoopstar

Even by our own standards as a fanbase the way in which some posters have written some of these new signings off is truly astounding. It's the old be first to say Player X is no good, on the basis that some signings clearly won't work out, and they can get the old gloating going. A weird way to operate imho.

Santos was playing in the Portuguese top league for that Estrela da Amadora side who were promoted in 2022-23 to the top league. Chris Willock was playing in the Portuguese second division when we signed him. Football outside the larger sides is pretty poor in Portugal from what I know and bar playing Porto, SL, Benfica etc. can imagine the Championship is a step up in standard for him. No idea if he will turn out to be any good but damned if some are going to give him 5 minutes to adjust to a new culture, league and level!

And the profile of the signings we're making this time mean that, more than ever, it's going to take some time for them to settle and us to see whether they're any good or not.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 16:07 - Aug 27 with 3632 viewsaston_hoop

Great re-brand here. 'Toddy' Kane. And no, of course I wouldn't go near any of these lot!

[Post edited 27 Aug 16:07]

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 16:16 - Aug 27 with 3476 viewsdaveB

Toddy Kane :-) you have to laugh

Surprised no one has signed Hector, always rated him
Transfer rumours 2024 on 16:20 - Aug 27 with 3384 viewsrbee

How about Cambridge's Dan Barton though, a good prospect.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 16:22 - Aug 27 with 3367 viewsHoopstar

Weren't we linked with Nesta Guiness-Walker at one point as a young LB option?

Kinda takes the mick that players like Gayle and Waghorn who have made good livings out of the game are taking up spaces in teams like that. A weird thing to get annoyed about on a Tuesday perhaps.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 16:40 - Aug 27 with 3098 viewsjohnhoop

Transfer rumours 2024 on 15:38 - Aug 27 by Hoopstar

People slagging the supporters off yet again. It’s not necessarily us who don’t have faith in the Santos signing. It’s more the club itself, otherwise why would they be so keen to sign yet another player in the position that we’ve been led to believe he plays in.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 16:41 - Aug 27 with 3060 viewssprocket

Transfer rumours 2024 on 15:47 - Aug 27 by Northernr

And the profile of the signings we're making this time mean that, more than ever, it's going to take some time for them to settle and us to see whether they're any good or not.

This is what worries me most...we appear to have gone "all in" with the Nourry project and even the fanbase are largely following his lead like the pied piper.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 17:00 - Aug 27 with 2825 viewslassel

Transfer rumours 2024 on 16:16 - Aug 27 by daveB

Toddy Kane :-) you have to laugh

Surprised no one has signed Hector, always rated him

He’s coming up 33 though which is what’s so depressing looking at those names - the majority are dudes in their 30s who have had decent careers.

Why the fck for example are the PFA providing a showcase for Dwight Gayle, 35 in a few weeks and more money than he can ever spend, over a kid in their early 20’s who has fallen out of the game this summer…
Transfer rumours 2024 on 17:12 - Aug 27 with 2691 viewsDavieQPR

Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:54 - Aug 27 by QPR_John

Your point is? A player needs to be registered whether bought or free. He clearly was registered to play for us as he has done so
[Post edited 27 Aug 18:04]

your quote of 'being available to buy'. We didn't buy him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024