Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer rumours 2024 19:24 - Apr 28 with 717737 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Started already since we thumped the Yorkshire Massive so going early.

Apparently we are linked with Bosun Lawal. Celtic, on loan at Fleetwood, centre midfield or centre back. 20 years old, Irish apparently.

Feel free to add as they come in !
Transfer rumours 2024 on 16:14 - Aug 22 with 6446 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Transfer rumours 2024 on 16:11 - Aug 22 by eghamranger

I’ve noticed that Raheem Stirling is following Qpr on Instagram… would you take him back, I’m sure he would drop £240k a week to suit our budget

Could do with a 7

Would definitely allow for Kolli and/or Lloyd to go on loan with him on the bench.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 16:29 - Aug 22 with 6176 viewsactonman

Transfer rumours 2024 on 16:14 - Aug 22 by PlanetHonneywood

Would definitely allow for Kolli and/or Lloyd to go on loan with him on the bench.

Quite happy for him to sit with the other scum collective draining 250k a week from their finances for the next 3 years
Transfer rumours 2024 on 16:32 - Aug 22 with 6125 viewsswisscottage

Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:59 - Aug 22 by daveB

I think it incredible that after all this club has been through the last 20 years so many are happy to know nothing and just trust that they know what they are doing when we've seen countless times under these owners they put the club at risk

The pattern has been the same every time since the Redknapp years. Being financially prudent (well relatively speaking) and living within means before we have a good run, forget all that over spend in the hope of promotion then back to square one again a year later, they did it under JFH, Warburton and now Marti and we're supposed to as fans just say well they know what they are doing we shouldn't be told anything.

Give it a year and we'll be the ones picking up the pieces. All this crap about hiding fees and contract lengths, it'll all be in the accounts in 6 months anyway so is absolutely pointless

This so called new regime who know what they are doing and must be trusted signed a player last year who it turns out we weren't allowed to sign and now have to pay compensation for him and can't pick the bloke until thats resolved but thats been swept under the carpet and ignored

A couple of corrections there.

1) Current owners haven't put the club at risk(so far). They've put their own money at risk.
2) Reggie Cannon was signed in September, Nourry took over in January.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 16:36 - Aug 22 with 6027 viewsDavieQPR

Transfer rumours 2024 on 16:29 - Aug 22 by actonman

Quite happy for him to sit with the other scum collective draining 250k a week from their finances for the next 3 years

On a reputed £350k a week.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 16:43 - Aug 22 with 5935 viewsStainrod

Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:44 - Aug 22 by daveB

Reggie Cannon

https://bolavip.com/en/soccer/usmnt-and-qprs-reggie-cannon-forced-to-pay-boavist

Unless I have missed something Reggie Cannon is personally liable, not QPR?

Tho if we are still having to pay his wages and he isn't available for selection that is a big cost, although we could presumably also sue him after his other club.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 16:55 - Aug 22 with 5781 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Transfer rumours 2024 on 16:36 - Aug 22 by DavieQPR

On a reputed £350k a week.

Still doable with the money saved from Begovic, and I think we'd still have something to go towards Hayden.

So, its a yes from me.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 17:03 - Aug 22 with 5650 viewsrbee

Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:41 - Aug 22 by daveB

Fernandes hasn't been in charge since Holloway got the boot, he walked away that summer and Amit became chairman.

Rueben had been running the show for years, it just didn't become official until a year or 2 ago
As I say I'm not knocking him but I think it's daft to pretend he hasn't had a say since he came in. You don't write the cheques he's had to without being involved. He's actually stepped away now and it's the mysterious O'Reilly more invovled day to day along with Nourry who we know genuinely nothing about.

Things can change quickly and as others have said if we sell one of JCS or Chair for 5-10million next week this all makes a lot more sense or if Eze goes for big money but we should be wary of all this because we've seen where this leads to 18 months later when we've done it twice before

Steve McLaren was with us 2018/19. As Clive says McLaren was Fernandes last mistake after which he presumably lost interest as McLaren failed. So, Ruben has been in charge for five years.

I was completely unaware that Ruben was running the club as a minority shareholder whilst accruing Fernandes shares so I apologise for my ''Come on Dave'' comment. Of course he will have been involved these past five years, agreeing budgets, approving transfer spend and pushing the training facility through for instance. His influence on footballing matters would have been minimal though relying on Sir Les.

The vast majority of the mistakes made since 2011 are down to Tony Fernandes so it does bug me when Ruben gets thrown under that same umbrella, let’s judge Ruben on his time in control of our club.

So the mysterious O'Reilly and unknown Nourry have adopted this limited information policy. As you have already said the length of contract thing is ridiculous as that information always becomes available at some point.

But is this limited information policy designed to keep us fans in the dark or other football clubs?

As I previously said I am Currently happy to go along with it as they obviously think it is beneficial to our club. Time will tell.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 17:21 - Aug 22 with 5377 viewsWatfordR

Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:44 - Aug 22 by daveB

Reggie Cannon

https://bolavip.com/en/soccer/usmnt-and-qprs-reggie-cannon-forced-to-pay-boavist

In fairness, that article makes not a lot of sense.

Boavista threatening to take the case to court (which makes sense as it's about breach of a legally binding contract), but it's FIFA who announces it's decision.

Cannon has to pay compensation, but Boavista have to pay a net amount of unpaid wages (net of what? Tax? Net of what Cannon has to pay in compensation? Not clear). Boavista also have to pay an additional fine. For what?

QPR responsible for covering part of compensation - why? Presumably the transfer must have been rubber stamped by EFL, maybe also UEFA, maybe also FIFA?

None of that makes any sense whatsoever? A legally binding contract has either been broken or it hasn't. You can't just break it "a little bit". I'd be amazed if that could be settled anywhere outside of court, though I've no idea which jurisdiction.
Login to get fewer ads

Transfer rumours 2024 on 17:27 - Aug 22 with 5282 viewsGloucs_R

Rumour going round that the Madsen deal had fallen through.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 17:28 - Aug 22 with 5283 viewsrbee

It could possibly be settled out of court as, without knowing all of the facts, it is likely that the root of the dispute is money.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 17:39 - Aug 22 with 5133 viewsnumptydumpty

Transfer rumours 2024 on 05:13 - Aug 22 by Northernr

"If other clubs knew some of our new players wages and contract terms, that could have had a negative impact on contract negotiations and signings with Dembele and Saito and potentially we could not have secured their signatures ...."

This is naïve.

If Leeds want to know what deal Dembele has got here, they'll ring his agent and ask. And he'll tell them, because it'll be in his interest to tell them. The whole thing leaked in the first place because it was given to that Fabrizio Romano wnkr by people trying to drive the price up and get a better deal.

Football isn't like your job or mine.

I'm genuinely amazed at the amount of QPR fans who've watched what has been done to our club over the last 15 years and is now not only accepting this "we're going to tell you even less than before" but positively lapping it up and encouraging it.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Was aware you would be frothing at the bit on this one Clive

But as we not aware, we have to trust the process and you do not know if our keeping various things quiet, we dont get the Kaito and Dembele signings over the line.

We never had two potential great signings in key positions so close together before.

You are criticising Nourry and Cifuentes but you peed off because we don't have any information to debate with so no means to criticise or praise.

I am saying currently everything is going well. And if we not in default pissed off mode , perhaps the more fragile players perform with less baggage. They clearly read things online.

But as said you yourself are quite a common truth amongst Rangers fans complete paranoia.

You guessing we overspending and just because others in the past have done this, you tarring the new regime with their own brush.

From my perspective everything currently is looking very rosy.

But you got to have something to be p#ss*d off about QPR. So not be given the full facts you like many others go into default critical mode.

But can see why yourself and your supporters on here critical. You run a fans forum and are also a journalist. Both of which require as much information as possible.

So being denied material is going to irritate you and others which can understand.

But if things keep going the way they are, then so far it's cause to celebrate.

But appreciate loads of QPR fans follow our club, basically because the default mode is everything is sh *t.

Currently it truly isn't.

If people can't be happy when most things going on an upward curve then they never ever going to be happy about our club....

And you are saying it's naive to think transfer dealings everything about offers etc is known. If you have ever worked in sales there are many many ways deals get over the line. Transparency is generally a hindrance. However keeping some elements quiet and offering terms that appeal but don't need to be known to all, can give an advantage.

So appreciate you believe there are zero gains to keeping elements quiet in negotiations but sweeteners that not illegal but no need to be open about, can make the difference.

I believe myself this recruitment window so far has been outstanding and under previous regimes and with previous regimes allowing all and sundry to be in the know, we have ended up with a load of dross.

But as said loads people never happy even when they should be.

This says a lot about our fanbase.

Things are on the up and maybe consider it's because of a different way of dealing with everyday business.

It is ACTUALLY how the real business world operates too, but if you and others wound up because the boys in charge don't tell us the whole story not consider how much more positive things have been recently, I can't see what there is to moan about....

If that's me being naive because whatever is and isn't done now, it's working and if that's all good then yes am happy being naive.

But from being around the world of sales, it's whatever works and gives people an advantage.

Be happy I saw and if irs working, no need to fix it. This kind of deals were not happening before.

Clive, you believing they leading us down the path to the wilderness, crack on !!!

I will look at this from what you call NAIVETY.

I would say your viewpoint of PARANOIA when there is no need to be like this right now. Just because you don't know all the facts, doesn't mean they are bad. Maybe consider that.
[Post edited 22 Aug 17:43]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Transfer rumours 2024 on 17:45 - Aug 22 with 5015 viewsNorthernr

Transfer rumours 2024 on 16:32 - Aug 22 by swisscottage

1) Current owners haven't put the club at risk(so far). They've put their own money at risk.

Well it's interesting you say that about point two because Nourry is adamant he "led on the Cifuentes appointment". Which was made in October.

Ben Williams, another success story, is also a Nourry appointment. Those two are very tight, and he's involved with a lot more than just fitness and sport science here. He's been here since last summer, when Nourry was consulting for us.

Cannon arrived between the two.

You can't really try and claim credit for those two while washing your hands of something that happened in between them.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 17:58 - Aug 22 with 4805 viewsNorthernr

Transfer rumours 2024 on 17:39 - Aug 22 by numptydumpty

But as we not aware, we have to trust the process and you do not know if our keeping various things quiet, we dont get the Kaito and Dembele signings over the line.

We never had two potential great signings in key positions so close together before.

You are criticising Nourry and Cifuentes but you peed off because we don't have any information to debate with so no means to criticise or praise.

I am saying currently everything is going well. And if we not in default pissed off mode , perhaps the more fragile players perform with less baggage. They clearly read things online.

But as said you yourself are quite a common truth amongst Rangers fans complete paranoia.

You guessing we overspending and just because others in the past have done this, you tarring the new regime with their own brush.

From my perspective everything currently is looking very rosy.

But you got to have something to be p#ss*d off about QPR. So not be given the full facts you like many others go into default critical mode.

But can see why yourself and your supporters on here critical. You run a fans forum and are also a journalist. Both of which require as much information as possible.

So being denied material is going to irritate you and others which can understand.

But if things keep going the way they are, then so far it's cause to celebrate.

But appreciate loads of QPR fans follow our club, basically because the default mode is everything is sh *t.

Currently it truly isn't.

If people can't be happy when most things going on an upward curve then they never ever going to be happy about our club....

And you are saying it's naive to think transfer dealings everything about offers etc is known. If you have ever worked in sales there are many many ways deals get over the line. Transparency is generally a hindrance. However keeping some elements quiet and offering terms that appeal but don't need to be known to all, can give an advantage.

So appreciate you believe there are zero gains to keeping elements quiet in negotiations but sweeteners that not illegal but no need to be open about, can make the difference.

I believe myself this recruitment window so far has been outstanding and under previous regimes and with previous regimes allowing all and sundry to be in the know, we have ended up with a load of dross.

But as said loads people never happy even when they should be.

This says a lot about our fanbase.

Things are on the up and maybe consider it's because of a different way of dealing with everyday business.

It is ACTUALLY how the real business world operates too, but if you and others wound up because the boys in charge don't tell us the whole story not consider how much more positive things have been recently, I can't see what there is to moan about....

If that's me being naive because whatever is and isn't done now, it's working and if that's all good then yes am happy being naive.

But from being around the world of sales, it's whatever works and gives people an advantage.

Be happy I saw and if irs working, no need to fix it. This kind of deals were not happening before.

Clive, you believing they leading us down the path to the wilderness, crack on !!!

I will look at this from what you call NAIVETY.

I would say your viewpoint of PARANOIA when there is no need to be like this right now. Just because you don't know all the facts, doesn't mean they are bad. Maybe consider that.
[Post edited 22 Aug 17:43]

Crikey that is enormous even by my standards so I'll keep this brief and apologies to people who came here for transfer rumours.

- not true, I'm not.

- I haven't said a single thing criticising Cifuentes. I've criticised Nourry on one point - lack of transparency. I've also praised him on a lot of other stuff around clearing out the drek at the top of the academy and coaching set ups, making more of an effort to fill the ground, giving players leaving a proper send off rather than just a list of names. It's all there in the preview to the opening day of the season, pros and cons from my point of view. Here's a link...

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/62743/back-to-scho

- I'm not in pissed off mode. I think things are far, far better than they were this time last year, something else I've also said repeatedly. Here's another link

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/62663/mood-music-t

- I haven't said once we've overspent.

- I've criticised them on one point, I've said they've done a lot of other stuff really well, see above links.

But can see why yourself and your supporters on here critical. You run a fans forum and are also a journalist. Both of which require as much information as possible.So being denied material is going to irritate you and others which can understand.

- This bit is true, it makes my job far more difficult.

- Not my default mood, and not what I think currently.

- I obviously hope you're right because it means we'll do well. I have said repeatedly, on this thread several times, I like the profile of the signings, it's exactly what we should have been doing for a long time. I've said that literally three times in the last three pages of this thread. But we're both guessing, unless you've had a Lugano season ticket you've been keeping to yourself.

- Not what I believe, not what I've said, anywhere, at any point.

Just because you don't know all the facts, doesn't mean they are bad. Maybe consider that.
- And I can spin that sentence straight back around replacing the word 'bad' with 'good'.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 18:02 - Aug 22 with 4708 viewsrbee

Transfer rumours 2024 on 17:45 - Aug 22 by Northernr

Well it's interesting you say that about point two because Nourry is adamant he "led on the Cifuentes appointment". Which was made in October.

Ben Williams, another success story, is also a Nourry appointment. Those two are very tight, and he's involved with a lot more than just fitness and sport science here. He's been here since last summer, when Nourry was consulting for us.

Cannon arrived between the two.

You can't really try and claim credit for those two while washing your hands of something that happened in between them.

Isn't that what bosses do? Claim the successes and distance themselves from the failures?

Good info on Ben Williams, thanks for that.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 18:26 - Aug 22 with 4453 viewsnumptydumpty

Transfer rumours 2024 on 17:58 - Aug 22 by Northernr

Crikey that is enormous even by my standards so I'll keep this brief and apologies to people who came here for transfer rumours.

- not true, I'm not.

- I haven't said a single thing criticising Cifuentes. I've criticised Nourry on one point - lack of transparency. I've also praised him on a lot of other stuff around clearing out the drek at the top of the academy and coaching set ups, making more of an effort to fill the ground, giving players leaving a proper send off rather than just a list of names. It's all there in the preview to the opening day of the season, pros and cons from my point of view. Here's a link...

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/62743/back-to-scho

- I'm not in pissed off mode. I think things are far, far better than they were this time last year, something else I've also said repeatedly. Here's another link

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/62663/mood-music-t

- I haven't said once we've overspent.

- I've criticised them on one point, I've said they've done a lot of other stuff really well, see above links.

But can see why yourself and your supporters on here critical. You run a fans forum and are also a journalist. Both of which require as much information as possible.So being denied material is going to irritate you and others which can understand.

- This bit is true, it makes my job far more difficult.

- Not my default mood, and not what I think currently.

- I obviously hope you're right because it means we'll do well. I have said repeatedly, on this thread several times, I like the profile of the signings, it's exactly what we should have been doing for a long time. I've said that literally three times in the last three pages of this thread. But we're both guessing, unless you've had a Lugano season ticket you've been keeping to yourself.

- Not what I believe, not what I've said, anywhere, at any point.

Just because you don't know all the facts, doesn't mean they are bad. Maybe consider that.
- And I can spin that sentence straight back around replacing the word 'bad' with 'good'.

Basically being a bit briefer then, it's the non disclosure you can't understand or justify

My main point being sometimes with recruitment keeping sections hazy can help and you saying the agent will be on the phone to others trying bump up price or otherwise.

We got the players in but because we don't know the terms, it's automatically assumed it's bad.

There are other alternative ways of doing things and looking at things.

My own personal viewpoint with this is simply you bit narked because for the forum and the lack of transparency required for journalism it's a pain !!!

You saying your default is it could be bad.

All I am saying it ain't necessarily so.

I admit though I suffer from verbal diarrhoea myself, and for that I deserve to be lampooned on a stick !!! 😆

It's all good as long as we keep performing, I don't mind whatever way works for me... 😎
[Post edited 22 Aug 18:27]

Transfer rumours 2024 on 18:33 - Aug 22 with 4347 viewsdmm

Transfer rumours 2024 on 17:27 - Aug 22 by Gloucs_R

Social media ITK no doubt, though I have to admit I have been wondering why we've not seen a deal announced.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 18:43 - Aug 22 with 4227 viewsrbee

Transfer rumours 2024 on 17:27 - Aug 22 by Gloucs_R

[Post edited 23 Aug 17:34]
Transfer rumours 2024 on 18:59 - Aug 22 with 3977 viewsNorthernr

Transfer rumours 2024 on 18:26 - Aug 22 by numptydumpty

Basically being a bit briefer then, it's the non disclosure you can't understand or justify

My main point being sometimes with recruitment keeping sections hazy can help and you saying the agent will be on the phone to others trying bump up price or otherwise.

We got the players in but because we don't know the terms, it's automatically assumed it's bad.

There are other alternative ways of doing things and looking at things.

My own personal viewpoint with this is simply you bit narked because for the forum and the lack of transparency required for journalism it's a pain !!!

You saying your default is it could be bad.

All I am saying it ain't necessarily so.

I admit though I suffer from verbal diarrhoea myself, and for that I deserve to be lampooned on a stick !!! 😆

It's all good as long as we keep performing, I don't mind whatever way works for me... 😎
[Post edited 22 Aug 18:27]

Yeh, that's it, I disagree with them on their current coms and transparency strategy, and you don't. The rest of your post is a complete fabrication of what I've said and what I think, most of it wildly off the mark.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 19:02 - Aug 22 with 3901 viewskensalriser

Transfer rumours 2024 on 17:21 - Aug 22 by WatfordR

In fairness, that article makes not a lot of sense.

Boavista threatening to take the case to court (which makes sense as it's about breach of a legally binding contract), but it's FIFA who announces it's decision.

Cannon has to pay compensation, but Boavista have to pay a net amount of unpaid wages (net of what? Tax? Net of what Cannon has to pay in compensation? Not clear). Boavista also have to pay an additional fine. For what?

QPR responsible for covering part of compensation - why? Presumably the transfer must have been rubber stamped by EFL, maybe also UEFA, maybe also FIFA?

None of that makes any sense whatsoever? A legally binding contract has either been broken or it hasn't. You can't just break it "a little bit". I'd be amazed if that could be settled anywhere outside of court, though I've no idea which jurisdiction.

Not a good piece of journalism.

The €45k net that Boavista are obliged to pay Cannon could mean that's the actual amount that has to change hands, ie the wages amount to more than the fine. But it's all as clear as mud.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 19:20 - Aug 22 with 3629 viewsflynnbo

Transfer rumours 2024 on 18:33 - Aug 22 by dmm

Social media ITK no doubt, though I have to admit I have been wondering why we've not seen a deal announced.

A poster on WATRB apparently.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 19:26 - Aug 22 with 3535 viewsconnell10

That Danes medical is taking a long time.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 19:32 - Aug 22 with 3432 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Transfer rumours 2024 on 19:26 - Aug 22 by connell10

It will be announced Friday, just to keep the excitement going. Then he is introduced before the game Saturday.

I hope....
Transfer rumours 2024 on 19:46 - Aug 22 with 3189 viewsdaveB

Transfer rumours 2024 on 16:32 - Aug 22 by swisscottage

i said new regime rather than Nourry but he was at the club when Cannon signed
The signings being made are in a large part down to the recruitment team lead by Andy Belk who were getting slaughtered when Ferdinand was here but we now have complete trust in them when they have a different boss.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 20:11 - Aug 22 with 2827 viewsnumptydumpty

Transfer rumours 2024 on 18:59 - Aug 22 by Northernr

Yeh, that's it, I disagree with them on their current coms and transparency strategy, and you don't. The rest of your post is a complete fabrication of what I've said and what I think, most of it wildly off the mark.

Basically I said it could be a help to their transfer dealings and you had dismissed this as so.

And I said perhaps if we had dine things differently we may not have been able to get Dembele and Saito.

I can't remember saying you did not like Nourry or Cifuentes.

I merely stated you were against this non disclosure.

Didn't say at all that you were against the two of them at all. That would be mad
They have bee n so good for us all so far.

Maybe you misread my ways of putting things or I bumbled my way through a post that I didn't get my point across.

Note to self !!!

Be more brief !!!

That was all I was trying to say.

Peace to all . 🙂🙂🙂
[Post edited 22 Aug 20:12]

Transfer rumours 2024 on 20:43 - Aug 22 with 2449 viewsSpaceman_P

Transfer rumours 2024 on 19:26 - Aug 22 by connell10

yeah I was gonna say this too.

just get on with it for F's sakes.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024