Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. 17:11 - Mar 16 with 53597 viewsizlingtonhoop

I'll start it cos I like my little twist on their battle hymn....
No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 07:55 - Mar 18 with 1954 viewsdistortR

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 23:46 - Mar 17 by BrixtonR

Yes mate, Monkey MFC is Rod Liddle

ffs, what an arse.

Is that all you've got, Rod? (I imagine he might have heard those words, in roughly that order, quite a bit during his lifetime).
[Post edited 18 Mar 2021 7:57]
No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 08:01 - Mar 18 with 1940 viewsRangersw12

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 07:50 - Mar 18 by paulparker

I don’t know how old you are but 30 years ago we got rid of Don Howe for an up and coming manager called Gerry Francis and the team was taken to another level whilst still being a selling club
Pochertino replaced Nigel Adkins to take Southampton to a different level and the everyone thought it was a stupid move
Bazza was saying this squad could get top 6 , I responded with a fair comment saying no chance
And gave the reasons why , if we are happy to finish around 16th to around 12th every year then give Warburton a new deal it’s not about the grass being greener it’s about progression and doing what a Barnsley are doing ( whose budget is smaller than ours btw)

Would you trust this board to make a "progressive" appointment though
No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 08:15 - Mar 18 with 1906 viewssoops

I don’t know how old you are but 30 years ago we got rid of Don Howe for an up and coming manager called Gerry Francis and the team was taken to another level whilst still being a selling club
Pochertino replaced Nigel Adkins to take Southampton to a different level and the everyone thought it was a stupid move
Bazza was saying this squad could get top 6 , I responded with a fair comment saying no chance
And gave the reasons why , if we are happy to finish around 16th to around 12th every year then give Warburton a new deal it’s not about the grass being greener it’s about progression and doing what a Barnsley are doing ( whose budget is smaller than ours btw)

Those are a couple of good examples over 30 years, but are the exception rather than the rule when it comes to changing managers (certainly for Rangers). There are other examples where giving managers longer helps them to embed their style/players more and leads to greater success.
We see it time and time again over the years - why can’t we be like Southampton / Norwich / Swansea / whoever is having a good season at a point in time . It was Blackpool / Hull at one point and now it seems to be Reading and Barnsley 😆
No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 08:16 - Mar 18 with 1905 viewsMetallica_Hoop

That was a marvellous comeback.

I liked reading the match thread yesterday (couldn't be bothered to log in) The change in moods was great to follow.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 08:20 - Mar 18 with 1891 viewsRs_Holy

its such a huge risk to change! For every Barnsley there's a Birmingham, Ipswich, Forest, Sheff Wed etc etc
[Post edited 18 Mar 2021 8:21]
No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 08:20 - Mar 18 with 1887 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I think that's a very fair post.

I thought Warburton got it wrong with his tactics last night and once again was slow with his subs. In his favour, the team didn't pack it in like they did on Saturday. But that willingness to abandon the centre-midfield territory is an achilles heel of his and so many opposing teams spot it and feast on it that I'm not sure we could ever challenge for the Top 6 with Warburton in charge.

On the Howe/Francis point, though, I'm still not convinced that it was the right move: we were brilliant under Howe and who's to say he wouldn't have done better than Francis did?

Finding someone better than Warburton will also be tough, but I agree that we should always be looking.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 08:25 - Mar 18 with 1859 viewsdistortR

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 08:20 - Mar 18 by BrianMcCarthy

I think that's a very fair post.

I thought Warburton got it wrong with his tactics last night and once again was slow with his subs. In his favour, the team didn't pack it in like they did on Saturday. But that willingness to abandon the centre-midfield territory is an achilles heel of his and so many opposing teams spot it and feast on it that I'm not sure we could ever challenge for the Top 6 with Warburton in charge.

On the Howe/Francis point, though, I'm still not convinced that it was the right move: we were brilliant under Howe and who's to say he wouldn't have done better than Francis did?

Finding someone better than Warburton will also be tough, but I agree that we should always be looking.

yeah, I was thinking that about Howe/Francis.
No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 08:35 - Mar 18 with 1816 viewspaulparker

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 08:01 - Mar 18 by Rangersw12

Would you trust this board to make a "progressive" appointment though

No I wouldn’t

The point I am trying to make is to Bazzas post re us being a top six side next year , I personally don’t see it , and I don’t see Warburton being that manager to get us there either
Yes he has been decent for us and done a steady job , but top six , not imo, you need a better manager and you also need a forward thinking board and DOF which you quite rightly point out we don’t have

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 08:43 - Mar 18 with 1797 viewsBurnleyhoop

If we had achieved the results pre Christmas that we are achieving post Christmas (after the window), we would be in the top six and Warbs would be lauded as one of our best ever managers.

We are absolutely going in the right direction under really difficult circumstances. Like all managers however, he is only one bad run away from being back under the cosh. He turned it around with an exceptionally good winter window. The summer window will be massive for him as well. We all know where we are weak and know if he adequately addresses those problem areas, we can go into next season feeling confident of competing in the top half. Failing to land Johansen and/or Austin or similar would be a major set back.

The come back last night showed a fighting spirit and commitment I wasn’t sure we possessed. It was great to see and bodes well for our progression.

In truth, our progress since Christmas has been astonishing. Kudos to all involved.
No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 08:49 - Mar 18 with 1769 viewsRs_Holy

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 08:35 - Mar 18 by paulparker

No I wouldn’t

The point I am trying to make is to Bazzas post re us being a top six side next year , I personally don’t see it , and I don’t see Warburton being that manager to get us there either
Yes he has been decent for us and done a steady job , but top six , not imo, you need a better manager and you also need a forward thinking board and DOF which you quite rightly point out we don’t have

We probably wont be top 6 because the club will probably sell Chair, Dickie and Dieng to keep us out of the red.
Personally its a model I like because I really love the Championship. If we get into the playoffs we might win them again and the thought of being in the Prem fills me with dread.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2021 8:55]
No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 09:00 - Mar 18 with 1721 viewsCroydonCaptJack

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 07:22 - Mar 18 by dmm

Just watched the match highlights and noticed how bad Millwall's marking was for our 3rd. They completely left Jordy to his own De Wijs.

You can stay
No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 09:10 - Mar 18 with 1694 viewsTheChef

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 08:49 - Mar 18 by Rs_Holy

We probably wont be top 6 because the club will probably sell Chair, Dickie and Dieng to keep us out of the red.
Personally its a model I like because I really love the Championship. If we get into the playoffs we might win them again and the thought of being in the Prem fills me with dread.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2021 8:55]

Agreed. As mentioned in a post above I'm quite happy to be in the Championship for now and being competitive.

Let's face it no manager is absolutely perfect, and of course Warbs will occasionally frustrate (plenty of moans about his team selection at half time last night), but I do think he has us going in the right direction. Rome wasn't built in a day, etc. I don't know who would come in to replace him and do better given the players available, so for me it's definitely a case of better the devil you know.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 09:25 - Mar 18 with 1632 views2Thomas2Bowles

All this "I'm happy with the Championship "

Well there is no money in the championship, ok for a hobby if someone else is paying for it " owners" Loan players have no value if we just hang about in the championship and selling the better players only keeps you afloat, if you are lucky.

I dislike the Prem in many ways but you do at least have to try and yoyo.

Never going to happen with MW, I'll say it again, a very average manager

Get on with the downvotes now
[Post edited 18 Mar 2021 9:29]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 09:46 - Mar 18 with 1599 viewsnix

I just don't see how people could think he's not doing a good job when he's had two total churns of players, lost a number of our best players, brought on inexperienced young players who are starting to look good, kept old timers motivated and playing for the squad, got a tune out of a squad that is much cheaper both in transfer fees and wages than many of our rivals. Nottingham Forest, Derby, Birmingham and Sheffield Wednesday would love to be in our position given our budget. And I'm pretty sure Blackburn, Preston and Bristol City have spent more than us on wages. We've got a good chance of finishing higher than last season. How can that not be an achievement given what was taken out of the team. Baffling.
No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 09:51 - Mar 18 with 1580 viewsswisscottage

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 09:25 - Mar 18 by 2Thomas2Bowles

All this "I'm happy with the Championship "

Well there is no money in the championship, ok for a hobby if someone else is paying for it " owners" Loan players have no value if we just hang about in the championship and selling the better players only keeps you afloat, if you are lucky.

I dislike the Prem in many ways but you do at least have to try and yoyo.

Never going to happen with MW, I'll say it again, a very average manager

Get on with the downvotes now
[Post edited 18 Mar 2021 9:29]

Not going to downvote you, most probably just take you for a troll now and don't take you seriously.
No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 09:53 - Mar 18 with 1563 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I like warbs and I think he has done a good job here overall given the player churn, financial situation etc etc. I also enjoy the way we play under him. It has been enjoyable to watch generally albeit frustrating at times.

I have a niggling feeling that paulparker is right in that he may not be able to push us on any further but I am certainly prepared to give him longer to see. Our financial position relative to other teams is starting to improve so there is a chance we can start to compete at the right end of the table. Get these loan players signed up and push on.
No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 09:53 - Mar 18 with 1561 viewsBrianMcCarthy

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 09:46 - Mar 18 by nix

I just don't see how people could think he's not doing a good job when he's had two total churns of players, lost a number of our best players, brought on inexperienced young players who are starting to look good, kept old timers motivated and playing for the squad, got a tune out of a squad that is much cheaper both in transfer fees and wages than many of our rivals. Nottingham Forest, Derby, Birmingham and Sheffield Wednesday would love to be in our position given our budget. And I'm pretty sure Blackburn, Preston and Bristol City have spent more than us on wages. We've got a good chance of finishing higher than last season. How can that not be an achievement given what was taken out of the team. Baffling.

I also agree with all of that, Nix. But that centre-midfield thing, to quote Behan, has me "bewitched, bedeviled and bollixed".

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 10:08 - Mar 18 with 1495 views2Thomas2Bowles

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 09:51 - Mar 18 by swisscottage

Not going to downvote you, most probably just take you for a troll now and don't take you seriously.

Think what you like, As will I, as do others that think MW is not the messiah, that the players dug him out of a big hole last night.

He admits himself he did not know what to do, to sub or not. hardly a man that's worth some of the worship he gets on here.

To somehow think he is was responsible for the turn round and say nothing about the first half, you must be blind.

Apart from Dykes, I'm not criticised a single player this season, or said anything to posters on their criticise of any player, it's their view, I don't downvote them for it or call them a troll.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2021 10:13]

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 10:15 - Mar 18 with 1480 viewsAntti_Heinola

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 10:08 - Mar 18 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Think what you like, As will I, as do others that think MW is not the messiah, that the players dug him out of a big hole last night.

He admits himself he did not know what to do, to sub or not. hardly a man that's worth some of the worship he gets on here.

To somehow think he is was responsible for the turn round and say nothing about the first half, you must be blind.

Apart from Dykes, I'm not criticised a single player this season, or said anything to posters on their criticise of any player, it's their view, I don't downvote them for it or call them a troll.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2021 10:13]

'worship'
Silly nonsense.

Bare bones.

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 10:17 - Mar 18 with 1453 views2Thomas2Bowles

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 10:15 - Mar 18 by Antti_Heinola

'worship'
Silly nonsense.

Yes, they should stop it.

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 10:28 - Mar 18 with 1432 viewsAntti_Heinola

I remember the Howe-Francis change well. I also remember that in the meantime we have chopped and changed managers in the region of 25 times since in the roughly same number of years. And arguably only two of those (Ollie first time and Warnock) have genuinely worked. Warnock, by the way, with a squad more lavishly furnished than ours, is not top 6 either. Fair play to Barnsley, but you can't change a manager just because another team changed a manager and are doing well.

If Poch fancies the job, happy to give it to him this afternoon, mind.

Bare bones.

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 10:50 - Mar 18 with 1391 viewsnix

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 09:53 - Mar 18 by BrianMcCarthy

I also agree with all of that, Nix. But that centre-midfield thing, to quote Behan, has me "bewitched, bedeviled and bollixed".

Yes, Brian, I agree he makes mistakes and has blind spots. But overall I think he's doing a really good job

I'd like to take the pressure off and give him another season with largely an unchanged group of players and see what he could do then, rather than rip it all up and start with someone with a new style, a new wishlist of players and risk another MacLaren, Floyd Hassalbaink scenario.
No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 11:04 - Mar 18 with 1366 viewsKonk

I'm generally happy to stick with a manager if I can see progress. If I can see coherent tactics, players improving on an individual basis, and a manager learning as they go. If most signings are either an improvement or an adequate replacement, and if the right positions are filled, then that's great, but you often don't know whether it's the coach/DOF or board who've targeted signings. I can understand managers having to adapt to the level of the players at their disposal (eg. Ainsworth at Wycombe), but I need to have at least a few 'footballers' in the side, to make it watchable.

A lot of us would have happily replaced Scott Parker in the Summer, even after promotion, because we often seemed to be less than the sum of our parts last season, but he's really grown into the role and very few Fulham would want a change of manager now, even if we go down.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 11:10 - Mar 18 with 1350 viewswelwynranger

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 21:21 - Mar 17 by queensparker

Enjoyed this from the Millwall forum:

"Next season we should just forfeit the game at loftus rd and let them have the three points, save us the f*king bother.

I can never get my head around how no matter where us or QPR are in the league or how well we play they always always somehow regenerate into the f*king Harlem globetrotters and turn us over.

And we can’t even have the satisfaction of punching one of the c*nts in the mouth afterwards. C*nts."

Eloquent and informative as ever them leads from Sarf London
No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 11:28 - Mar 18 with 2326 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 23:23 - Mar 17 by CLAREMAN1995

I left at half time could not handle the pathetic attempt from the Squad and EVERY poster said without massive changes at half we were doomed so I bailed .
Did I miss anything ?

Always think it's madness leaving early. You guarantee missing the comebacks, which are some of the best times you can have from supporting a club. In the stadium it's even worse as the players see the crowd giving up.

The way I see it you support the club through thick and thin. It means more when things are going badly.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024