Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. 17:11 - Mar 16 with 51518 viewsizlingtonhoop

I'll start it cos I like my little twist on their battle hymn....
No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 21:51 - Mar 17 with 1915 viewsManinBlack

Another brilliant result for this year but it demonstrated how bonkers we are. Great at Bristol City for the whole game, garbage against Huddersfield, garbage first half tonight and then great second half. If we could eradicate the ain't bovvered approach that afflicts us every season we could have a go at promotion next season.

Once we reach 38 games I expect we will do our annual down tools job for an end of season nothing to play for crawl to the finish line.

The only thing to spoil tonight is Chelsea.
No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 21:52 - Mar 17 with 1901 viewsBoston

Well I'm rarely bowled over and even less often 'moved' by a performance, but this evening I've gone the whole gamut, absolute despair to a case of Tourette's that a raving lunatic would have been proud of. Dear god I couldn't post when the match was finished I was so mentally exhausted!
Just pay 'em whatever they want, long contracts, two weeks in the Costa's, it's all been worth it today.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 21:57 - Mar 17 with 1828 viewsNoelmc

I think it says an awful lot for the team spirit that we turned that match around. How many times in the past have we given up when 2-0 down and playing poorly. We kept battling and you could see the leadership out there from Jo Jo and Austin, even though Charlie was knackered.

I thought all the subs played very well when they came on. Cameron should never start before Field in midfield and I’d love to see Albert given a start in a few matches at wingback. He is so much more threatening than Kane going forward and uses his know how when defending.

Plaudits also to Dykes for a very good performance and Dieng for a couple of vital saves that kept us in it.

Just wish we had been there and I was now back in the Crown and Sceptre celebrating our fantastic comeback and a great finish to St Patrick’s Day.
No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 22:00 - Mar 17 with 1808 viewsHarrowRoadR

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 21:21 - Mar 17 by queensparker

Enjoyed this from the Millwall forum:

"Next season we should just forfeit the game at loftus rd and let them have the three points, save us the f*king bother.

I can never get my head around how no matter where us or QPR are in the league or how well we play they always always somehow regenerate into the f*king Harlem globetrotters and turn us over.

And we can’t even have the satisfaction of punching one of the c*nts in the mouth afterwards. C*nts."

I nearly choked on that, so funny!
No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 22:01 - Mar 17 with 1801 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

This may be a extravagant claim, but if this squad is kept together next season and some of the old legs hold out then we’ll hit top 6 in my opinion.

A benefit of not being pissed 90% of the time during matches means you can see the players grow in confidence and experience game to game. I’m spotting things I’d never had spotted at the ground such as Chair sitting on the ball at the right time. He never used to do that before he was always raring at players whatever the circumstances were. He’s going the same way as Eze and is getting better with every game. Totally different team when he came on.

Same with Dickie. Never seen a player get so consistent so quickly. Always a 7 or 8 out of 10 from him.

I’ve never known such a successful transfer window either. This is a special squad. Can’t wait for next season.
No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 22:01 - Mar 17 with 1763 viewsBoston

I don't like to rub it in but....

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 22:08 - Mar 17 with 1717 viewspaulparker

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 22:01 - Mar 17 by BazzaInTheLoft

This may be a extravagant claim, but if this squad is kept together next season and some of the old legs hold out then we’ll hit top 6 in my opinion.

A benefit of not being pissed 90% of the time during matches means you can see the players grow in confidence and experience game to game. I’m spotting things I’d never had spotted at the ground such as Chair sitting on the ball at the right time. He never used to do that before he was always raring at players whatever the circumstances were. He’s going the same way as Eze and is getting better with every game. Totally different team when he came on.

Same with Dickie. Never seen a player get so consistent so quickly. Always a 7 or 8 out of 10 from him.

I’ve never known such a successful transfer window either. This is a special squad. Can’t wait for next season.

No chance this squad gets into the top six
Bonne & Dykes are not good enough as back up to Austin that’s been proven
We have no pace in the side
Our fullbacks are not good enough & you cannot start Cameron in the midfield
Also Warburton isn’t a good enough manager either to get us there imo
But if you keep the 3 centre backs , the keeper , SJ & Austin then you have a very good spine to build on

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 22:09 - Mar 17 with 1704 viewsswisscottage

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 22:01 - Mar 17 by Boston

I don't like to rub it in but....

Still laughing 2 minutes after watching that
Login to get fewer ads

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 22:10 - Mar 17 with 1695 viewsqprphil

It's ok he'd have missed anyway.
No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 22:14 - Mar 17 with 1669 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 22:08 - Mar 17 by paulparker

No chance this squad gets into the top six
Bonne & Dykes are not good enough as back up to Austin that’s been proven
We have no pace in the side
Our fullbacks are not good enough & you cannot start Cameron in the midfield
Also Warburton isn’t a good enough manager either to get us there imo
But if you keep the 3 centre backs , the keeper , SJ & Austin then you have a very good spine to build on

Our form says otherwise PP. Like I say, dependent on keeping this squad including loan players.

I’m excited anyway, and don’t think Warburton is in any danger of the sack after being near the top of the form table.
No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 22:20 - Mar 17 with 1633 viewsBrianMcCarthy

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 21:21 - Mar 17 by queensparker

Enjoyed this from the Millwall forum:

"Next season we should just forfeit the game at loftus rd and let them have the three points, save us the f*king bother.

I can never get my head around how no matter where us or QPR are in the league or how well we play they always always somehow regenerate into the f*king Harlem globetrotters and turn us over.

And we can’t even have the satisfaction of punching one of the c*nts in the mouth afterwards. C*nts."

Well, the last line shows why it's so sweet to beat them.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 22:21 - Mar 17 with 1617 viewspaulparker

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 22:14 - Mar 17 by BazzaInTheLoft

Our form says otherwise PP. Like I say, dependent on keeping this squad including loan players.

I’m excited anyway, and don’t think Warburton is in any danger of the sack after being near the top of the form table.

I will get pelters for this but I think we should let Warburton go in the summer
He has done a decent job and yes at Christmas I would have sold you a kidney to get us where we are but I’m not convinced by him especially taking us forward
Barnsley & reading have taken risks with their managers and look where they are

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 22:21 - Mar 17 with 1619 viewsNorthLondonR

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 22:14 - Mar 17 by BazzaInTheLoft

I thought Dykes was excellent tonight
No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 22:25 - Mar 17 with 1589 viewsizlingtonhoop

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 22:21 - Mar 17 by paulparker

I will get pelters for this but I think we should let Warburton go in the summer
He has done a decent job and yes at Christmas I would have sold you a kidney to get us where we are but I’m not convinced by him especially taking us forward

Pelters?

Or you could just go back to your electrothread

No one cares

You RRRRRRRRRRR'sssssssss
No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 22:25 - Mar 17 with 1586 viewsdavman

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 21:05 - Mar 17 by davman

He was great today, but didn't have a shot, did he?

That would be a start if he's going to score.

Well played, Lyndon.

Read that back and it may sound a little sarky. Genuinely, didn't mean that to be the case. I think he had his best game for us tonight...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 22:27 - Mar 17 with 1553 viewspaulparker

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 22:25 - Mar 17 by izlingtonhoop

Pelters?

Or you could just go back to your electrothread

No one cares

You RRRRRRRRRRR'sssssssss

Sorry for having an opinion

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 22:27 - Mar 17 with 1556 viewsqueensparker

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 22:01 - Mar 17 by BazzaInTheLoft

Johansen and Austin are the key to this I think, and unfortunately they're the two we're least likely to keep.

Johnasen has been transformational IMO, our best central mid since Faurlin, so we'd better hope Fulham stay up and he and his missus really really really like West London.

Austin is like Wells and Hugill last year - he's a Prem salary forward that has come into the side and immediately started scoring so unless he's going to do a Kevin Gallen and stay come what may out of loyalty, every single Championship team will be sniffing around him next season.

I won't blame him if he leaves, it's a short life and he needs to do what's best, but he's arguably saved us from a relegation battle this season so fair play. His goal tonight was under-rated and won us the game by getting us back in it, what a header.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2021 22:28]
No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 22:30 - Mar 17 with 1525 viewsA40Bosh

Not pelters but disagreement certainly

Let's see where we finish after 46 games this season - 12th or above then progress considering we lost 40 goals from last season's side and will recognise £16m+ for Eze on the balance sheet to help off set Covid related income losses. Therefore going in to the start of next season there may be a small war chest again to bring in this year's Rob Dickie in another position, maybe secure Chaz and Stefan and therefore start next season as we have since Jan 21 and build from there and hopefully therefore no reason for panic loans in January 2022.

There is the potential for the spine of the team to start again next season and no reason to "gamble" on another manager if we are not finishing in the bottom 6 this season. There is no rush, absolutely no rush in my mind to get promoted so playing good football, winning plenty of games and enjoying a good season back at HQ i would take every time than struggling to bring in a bunch of mercenaries and watch us do a Sheff Utd in the Prem in two seasons time

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 22:30 - Mar 17 with 1513 viewsBoston

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 20:53 - Mar 17 by QPRSteve

Genuine cramp rather than Preston cramp. Classic

Well, you got good taste...

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 22:31 - Mar 17 with 1521 viewsdistortR

i'm not sure Reading are a fair comparison, given their transfer expenditure and, i imagine, wage bill over the last couple of seasons
No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 22:32 - Mar 17 with 1505 viewsizlingtonhoop

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 22:27 - Mar 17 by paulparker

Sorry for having an opinion

Ahhh, you're really not tho
No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 22:33 - Mar 17 with 1498 viewsNortholt_Rs

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 22:27 - Mar 17 by queensparker

Johansen and Austin are the key to this I think, and unfortunately they're the two we're least likely to keep.

Johnasen has been transformational IMO, our best central mid since Faurlin, so we'd better hope Fulham stay up and he and his missus really really really like West London.

Austin is like Wells and Hugill last year - he's a Prem salary forward that has come into the side and immediately started scoring so unless he's going to do a Kevin Gallen and stay come what may out of loyalty, every single Championship team will be sniffing around him next season.

I won't blame him if he leaves, it's a short life and he needs to do what's best, but he's arguably saved us from a relegation battle this season so fair play. His goal tonight was under-rated and won us the game by getting us back in it, what a header.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2021 22:28]

Yep Chazza has been immense for us. Again.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2021 22:33]

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 22:34 - Mar 17 with 1471 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I don’t think you deserve Pelters but disagree. I would have been inclined to agree with you not so long ago. A lesson in patience for me.

All managers have a lifespan, but I really think the improvement in our squad is tangible, and not just the January signings. Chair, Dickie, and Dieng are all very new to this league and now they are our key players alongside the marquee players. Credit to Warburton and the staff for that.

Not seen players fight for the shirt like they did tonight either. Players don’t do that for managers who are leaving in two months.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2021 23:16]
No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 22:41 - Mar 17 with 1430 viewskensalriser

Wasn’t able to watch or listen tonight and was obviously fkn delighted to see that full time result. Had some dinner and just spent the last while entertaining myself with the match thread.

I think I’m going to declare us safe now even without another point.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 22:56 - Mar 17 with 2107 viewsAntti_Heinola

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 22:34 - Mar 17 by BazzaInTheLoft

I don’t think you deserve Pelters but disagree. I would have been inclined to agree with you not so long ago. A lesson in patience for me.

All managers have a lifespan, but I really think the improvement in our squad is tangible, and not just the January signings. Chair, Dickie, and Dieng are all very new to this league and now they are our key players alongside the marquee players. Credit to Warburton and the staff for that.

Not seen players fight for the shirt like they did tonight either. Players don’t do that for managers who are leaving in two months.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2021 23:16]

I thought Warbs was on the precipice before Jan. But he's turned it round and to even suggest getting rid of him in the summer is the height of silliness.
We have a good manager. Not great. But good. More than good enough.
I remember Brum deciding they could do better when they had Rowett. Remind me what's happening to them. We need to stop getting concerned about what other clubs are doing and just concentrate on our own path. We need to stop the constant changing. At last, for the first time since, when, Ollie first time? - we have a manager who will complete two full seasons in charge, during a period of utter turmoil, and in many ways we're in a much better position than when he took over. We need to stop believing the grass is always greener - it has got us precisely nowhere.

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024