Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. 17:11 - Mar 16 with 53593 viewsizlingtonhoop

I'll start it cos I like my little twist on their battle hymn....
No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 23:02 - Mar 17 with 2161 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 23:05 - Mar 17 with 2149 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 22:56 - Mar 17 by Antti_Heinola

I thought Warbs was on the precipice before Jan. But he's turned it round and to even suggest getting rid of him in the summer is the height of silliness.
We have a good manager. Not great. But good. More than good enough.
I remember Brum deciding they could do better when they had Rowett. Remind me what's happening to them. We need to stop getting concerned about what other clubs are doing and just concentrate on our own path. We need to stop the constant changing. At last, for the first time since, when, Ollie first time? - we have a manager who will complete two full seasons in charge, during a period of utter turmoil, and in many ways we're in a much better position than when he took over. We need to stop believing the grass is always greener - it has got us precisely nowhere.

Cost is also a issue now. Not being patient during the Covid era is expensive. I know Warburton is on a rolling contract but because of our reputation no manager in their right mind will take us on without a huge termination fee in their contract.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2021 23:05]
No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 23:09 - Mar 17 with 2123 viewsrsonist

Having a gamble is not a good enough reason to replace Warbs. It was, briefly and arguably, a miserably vague reason enough when it looked like we were goners.

Even if we were that way inclined it couldn't be someone from abroad post-Brexit.

Short answer though is if your argument includes "look at Reading" then you've lost the plot.
No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 23:13 - Mar 17 with 2103 viewsthemodfather

as i said earlier, this is a draw all over it.....er, no a WIn! wahey, 2-0 down 3-2 up rangers went and done the wall up!! excellent. i only saw an hour of this but a good game, end to end typical r's .
No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 23:21 - Mar 17 with 2064 viewsnix

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 23:02 - Mar 17 by BazzaInTheLoft

And this one.
No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 23:23 - Mar 17 with 2043 viewsCLAREMAN1995

I left at half time could not handle the pathetic attempt from the Squad and EVERY poster said without massive changes at half we were doomed so I bailed .
Did I miss anything ?
No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 23:25 - Mar 17 with 2024 viewsrsonist

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 21:15 - Mar 17 by distortR

In hindsight, I quite like the no subs at half time bit - you've got us here, now go out and show us that you can get us out of this. A morale booster for everyone.
Definitely in hindsight, mind

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/qpr-boss-makes-confession-after-second-half-fight

“I think we obviously had a few words, which is fairly obvious. I’ve got to put my hand up and be honest, I thought about changing the formation at half-time, then I thought I’d leave it five minutes and see how we turned up, then I was about to make the subs and we scored.

“Then I was about to make the subs again and we scored a second goal. Poor old Gavin Ward was rewriting the substitutions cards time and time again, but it was that type of game in the second half."
No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 23:30 - Mar 17 with 1999 viewsRangersw12

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 22:08 - Mar 17 by paulparker

No chance this squad gets into the top six
Bonne & Dykes are not good enough as back up to Austin that’s been proven
We have no pace in the side
Our fullbacks are not good enough & you cannot start Cameron in the midfield
Also Warburton isn’t a good enough manager either to get us there imo
But if you keep the 3 centre backs , the keeper , SJ & Austin then you have a very good spine to build on

I think it's too early to write off Bonne and Dykes just yet ( although it doesn't look great) Dykes in his first season in the championship and it can take time to adapt. More games like tonight and he will be an asset.

Field will replace Cameron going forward and I'm sure we will be looking at full backs in the summer

As for Warburton I can't think of anyone who would come to us and do better with the budget we have. He has improved a lot of players and were in a far better position now than when he took over.
Login to get fewer ads

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 23:31 - Mar 17 with 1984 viewsBrixtonR

Quality Journalism from Rod Liddle

https://millwall-forum.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/lyndon-dykes.47457/
[Post edited 17 Mar 2021 23:42]
No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 23:31 - Mar 17 with 1998 viewsGloryHunter

Charlie Austin dragged us back into that game from nowhere, without doubt. What a talisman he is.
No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 23:32 - Mar 17 with 1988 viewsBrianMcCarthy

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 23:23 - Mar 17 by CLAREMAN1995

I left at half time could not handle the pathetic attempt from the Squad and EVERY poster said without massive changes at half we were doomed so I bailed .
Did I miss anything ?

Nah, not much happened kid.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 23:37 - Mar 17 with 1963 viewsBrianMcCarthy

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 23:31 - Mar 17 by BrixtonR

Quality Journalism from Rod Liddle

https://millwall-forum.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/lyndon-dykes.47457/
[Post edited 17 Mar 2021 23:42]

Sorry, I don't get that Brixton. Can you explain?

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 23:46 - Mar 17 with 1918 viewsBrixtonR

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 23:37 - Mar 17 by BrianMcCarthy

Sorry, I don't get that Brixton. Can you explain?

Yes mate, Monkey MFC is Rod Liddle
No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 23:47 - Mar 17 with 1920 viewsBoston

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 22:41 - Mar 17 by kensalriser

Wasn’t able to watch or listen tonight and was obviously fkn delighted to see that full time result. Had some dinner and just spent the last while entertaining myself with the match thread.

I think I’m going to declare us safe now even without another point.

There's few with the intellectual fortitude on this board that'd admit to entertaining themselves after a win.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 23:48 - Mar 17 with 1925 viewsGloryHunter

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 23:46 - Mar 17 by BrixtonR

And Rod Liddle is racially abusing Lyndon Dykes, for being - er - white?
[Post edited 17 Mar 2021 23:55]
No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 23:48 - Mar 17 with 1914 viewsBoston

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 23:31 - Mar 17 by GloryHunter

Charlie Austin dragged us back into that game from nowhere, without doubt. What a talisman he is.

I want his babies.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 23:59 - Mar 17 with 1877 viewsBrianMcCarthy

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 23:46 - Mar 17 by BrixtonR

Ok, was afraid to make that leap.

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 00:04 - Mar 18 with 1860 viewsNorthernr

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 23:25 - Mar 17 by rsonist

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/qpr-boss-makes-confession-after-second-half-fight

“I think we obviously had a few words, which is fairly obvious. I’ve got to put my hand up and be honest, I thought about changing the formation at half-time, then I thought I’d leave it five minutes and see how we turned up, then I was about to make the subs and we scored.

“Then I was about to make the subs again and we scored a second goal. Poor old Gavin Ward was rewriting the substitutions cards time and time again, but it was that type of game in the second half."

Fair play to him for that. I thought he got it abysmally wrong, preparing for a Neil Harris Millwall that no longer exists, Geoff in midfield an outright disaster, and was hoping he'd at least come out and admit as close to that as you'll ever get with Warbs.
No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 00:22 - Mar 18 with 1807 viewsBrianMcCarthy

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 00:04 - Mar 18 by Northernr

Fair play to him for that. I thought he got it abysmally wrong, preparing for a Neil Harris Millwall that no longer exists, Geoff in midfield an outright disaster, and was hoping he'd at least come out and admit as close to that as you'll ever get with Warbs.

Agree completely.

There had to be a mea culpa there.

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 03:15 - Mar 18 with 1707 viewsDorse

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 23:25 - Mar 17 by rsonist

I think we might have hit on something here: as long as Warbs is preparing a substitution, we score. Gavin is going to get writer's cramp next match.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 05:33 - Mar 18 with 1650 viewsNorthantsHoop

There is no doubt the 4 loanees have changed the season for us, but on top of that, we have a great keeper now in Dieng, Rob Dickie is getting better, Barbet is performing very well and Wallace is going great guns at left wing back. Chair and Willock are real game changers when they get going. Still need to sort out strikers, but if we can hold onto Austin, then might get them firing a bit more, who knows.Have always been a fan of Warburton, he needs our support, best manager we have had in years and he has a good management team around him as well. You just have to look at our away results last 2 seasons, what an improvement, winning at places we have failed at in years.
No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 07:19 - Mar 18 with 1512 viewsessextaxiboy

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 00:04 - Mar 18 by Northernr

When they were pinging it about it was hard to believe it was Millwall . The two smalll- ish strikers really caused us problems .
No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 07:22 - Mar 18 with 1506 viewsdmm

Just watched the match highlights and noticed how bad Millwall's marking was for our 3rd. They completely left Jordy to his own De Wijs.
No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 07:33 - Mar 18 with 1478 viewsRs_Holy

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 07:22 - Mar 18 by dmm

Just watched the match highlights and noticed how bad Millwall's marking was for our 3rd. They completely left Jordy to his own De Wijs.

looking forward to the 'Aternative Angles' video this week :)
No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 07:50 - Mar 18 with 1973 viewspaulparker

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 22:56 - Mar 17 by Antti_Heinola

I thought Warbs was on the precipice before Jan. But he's turned it round and to even suggest getting rid of him in the summer is the height of silliness.
We have a good manager. Not great. But good. More than good enough.
I remember Brum deciding they could do better when they had Rowett. Remind me what's happening to them. We need to stop getting concerned about what other clubs are doing and just concentrate on our own path. We need to stop the constant changing. At last, for the first time since, when, Ollie first time? - we have a manager who will complete two full seasons in charge, during a period of utter turmoil, and in many ways we're in a much better position than when he took over. We need to stop believing the grass is always greener - it has got us precisely nowhere.

I don’t know how old you are but 30 years ago we got rid of Don Howe for an up and coming manager called Gerry Francis and the team was taken to another level whilst still being a selling club
Pochertino replaced Nigel Adkins to take Southampton to a different level and the everyone thought it was a stupid move
Bazza was saying this squad could get top 6 , I responded with a fair comment saying no chance
And gave the reasons why , if we are happy to finish around 16th to around 12th every year then give Warburton a new deal it’s not about the grass being greener it’s about progression and doing what a Barnsley are doing ( whose budget is smaller than ours btw)

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024