Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. 17:11 - Mar 16 with 53596 viewsizlingtonhoop

I'll start it cos I like my little twist on their battle hymn....
No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 11:34 - Mar 18 with 2338 viewsTheChef

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 11:28 - Mar 18 by Spaghetti_Hoops

Always think it's madness leaving early. You guarantee missing the comebacks, which are some of the best times you can have from supporting a club. In the stadium it's even worse as the players see the crowd giving up.

The way I see it you support the club through thick and thin. It means more when things are going badly.

I missed the first half but was well aware from the WhatsApp groups how sh1te it had been; still thought I'd switch on for the second half, because, well, you never know do you?

Very pleased I did!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 11:39 - Mar 18 with 2330 viewsMick_S

I missed the third goal getting a glass of wine. Silly boy.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 11:58 - Mar 18 with 2296 viewsBazzeR

We have been perfect for Warburton as he has for us in that his tarnished reputation has been repaired and we have stabilised.

If the owners still have ambitions to reach the Premiership then Warburton needs replacing with a more flexible/tactically aware Coach or Manager.

His rumoured move to the FA in the summer may be seen to be an amicable split for both parties.
No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 12:02 - Mar 18 with 2284 viewsfrancisbowles

I can't watch the game, read and post at the same time. It's a man non multi tasking thing.

I don't know what to make of last night. Sloppy first half, lucky that Millwall missed chances but Dieng made a couple of saves, Dykes was immense from start to when he was subbed, Johansen was excellent and we scored three brilliant goals. I guess, I won't try to analyse it too mch but just enjoy the result.

With regard to MW, I agree with those that say he is doing a good job. He has his flaws but his positives outweigh them and he deserves to carry on with the 'project' that he and the club are undertaking to put us in a better position overall.

We don't need to think about changing the manager until that project has either been completed or MW has lost the ability to keep getting the players playing for him and their colleagues. We are not at either of those conclusions yet.
No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 12:11 - Mar 18 with 2245 viewsrsonist

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 12:02 - Mar 18 by francisbowles

I can't watch the game, read and post at the same time. It's a man non multi tasking thing.

I don't know what to make of last night. Sloppy first half, lucky that Millwall missed chances but Dieng made a couple of saves, Dykes was immense from start to when he was subbed, Johansen was excellent and we scored three brilliant goals. I guess, I won't try to analyse it too mch but just enjoy the result.

With regard to MW, I agree with those that say he is doing a good job. He has his flaws but his positives outweigh them and he deserves to carry on with the 'project' that he and the club are undertaking to put us in a better position overall.

We don't need to think about changing the manager until that project has either been completed or MW has lost the ability to keep getting the players playing for him and their colleagues. We are not at either of those conclusions yet.

What a victory for equality that you still somehow ended up with the same opinion as us girls...
No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 12:11 - Mar 18 with 2244 viewsAntti_Heinola

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 10:17 - Mar 18 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Yes, they should stop it.

Who?

Bare bones.

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 13:28 - Mar 18 with 2115 viewsNov77

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 11:04 - Mar 18 by Konk

I'm generally happy to stick with a manager if I can see progress. If I can see coherent tactics, players improving on an individual basis, and a manager learning as they go. If most signings are either an improvement or an adequate replacement, and if the right positions are filled, then that's great, but you often don't know whether it's the coach/DOF or board who've targeted signings. I can understand managers having to adapt to the level of the players at their disposal (eg. Ainsworth at Wycombe), but I need to have at least a few 'footballers' in the side, to make it watchable.

A lot of us would have happily replaced Scott Parker in the Summer, even after promotion, because we often seemed to be less than the sum of our parts last season, but he's really grown into the role and very few Fulham would want a change of manager now, even if we go down.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 13:36 - Mar 18 with 2069 views2Thomas2Bowles

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 12:11 - Mar 18 by Antti_Heinola

Who?

Them lot

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Login to get fewer ads

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 13:56 - Mar 18 with 2016 viewsR_from_afar

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 08:35 - Mar 18 by paulparker

No I wouldn’t

The point I am trying to make is to Bazzas post re us being a top six side next year , I personally don’t see it , and I don’t see Warburton being that manager to get us there either
Yes he has been decent for us and done a steady job , but top six , not imo, you need a better manager and you also need a forward thinking board and DOF which you quite rightly point out we don’t have

So we're close to nailing it, then.

We only need:
- A new manager
- A new DoF
- A new board.

Seriously, though, it is easy to say someone isn't good enough, the hard part is finding the person who will be an improvement. Let's start with this new manager, who should it be, and just as important, why will they want to come here?

And just to be clear, I absolutely do not want us to get rid of Warburton.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 14:04 - Mar 18 with 1982 viewsBoston

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 11:39 - Mar 18 by Mick_S

I missed the third goal getting a glass of wine. Silly boy.

At least you were around for the fourth and fifth.

Wine!

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 14:07 - Mar 18 with 1980 viewsfrancisbowles

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 12:11 - Mar 18 by rsonist

What a victory for equality that you still somehow ended up with the same opinion as us girls...

I'm not sure what to make of that comment and I didn't realise you were a woman, not that it makes any difference on here. I'll take it as a light hearted remark that I have somehow missed.

Anyway, multi tasking is overrated inmho, just doing lots of things at the same time but none of them properly. Lol
No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 14:18 - Mar 18 with 1948 viewsQPR_John

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 08:49 - Mar 18 by Rs_Holy

We probably wont be top 6 because the club will probably sell Chair, Dickie and Dieng to keep us out of the red.
Personally its a model I like because I really love the Championship. If we get into the playoffs we might win them again and the thought of being in the Prem fills me with dread.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2021 8:55]

I cannot see how that is a model that is sustainable. We won't have three saleble players every season. I cannot see the difference between saying you do not want promotion and saying you want Rangers to lose games. I am sure you do not go to games thinking I'll be happy to lose this game so we can miss out on promotion
No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 14:24 - Mar 18 with 1930 viewsfrancisbowles

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 14:18 - Mar 18 by QPR_John

I cannot see how that is a model that is sustainable. We won't have three saleble players every season. I cannot see the difference between saying you do not want promotion and saying you want Rangers to lose games. I am sure you do not go to games thinking I'll be happy to lose this game so we can miss out on promotion

Agree with that QPRJohn. We may prefer watching us win quite a few in the Championship than losing most in the top divison but getting there for just one season and banking the vast majority of the money, would make so much difference to the club. It would enable us to be much more competitive in future seasons and afford better players.
No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 14:31 - Mar 18 with 1909 viewsBrianMcCarthy

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 14:24 - Mar 18 by francisbowles

Agree with that QPRJohn. We may prefer watching us win quite a few in the Championship than losing most in the top divison but getting there for just one season and banking the vast majority of the money, would make so much difference to the club. It would enable us to be much more competitive in future seasons and afford better players.

Ya, I agree too. I hate watching that division but it's the pinnacle and we have to aim for it.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 14:36 - Mar 18 with 1881 viewsNorthernr

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 11:28 - Mar 18 by Spaghetti_Hoops

Always think it's madness leaving early. You guarantee missing the comebacks, which are some of the best times you can have from supporting a club. In the stadium it's even worse as the players see the crowd giving up.

The way I see it you support the club through thick and thin. It means more when things are going badly.

To come back from two goals down to win in a game you'll remember for years, first of all you have to go two goals down.
No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 14:37 - Mar 18 with 1881 viewsPinnerPaul

Not read anything else yet so apologies for any repeats!

Thought Wallace, Dickie and Jojo all played well Kane, Cameron (apart from the assist) and Charlie (Apart from the goal!) were all poor.

Back 3 only settled last half hour, but what a fantastic comeback.

That would have been fun inside the stadium. maybe not so much outside afterwards!

Ref was good - maybe let Millwall away with one yellow, but our yellows were correct, the Dickie offside looked correct and no foul on Kane in build up to 1st goal.

Right, getting a coffee and settling down to read the whole match thread - that should be entertaining!

UUUURRRRRRSSSSS!
No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 14:44 - Mar 18 with 1856 views2Thomas2Bowles

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 14:18 - Mar 18 by QPR_John

Watch it, you will have Swisswhatshisface calling you a troll.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 14:44 - Mar 18 with 1863 viewsfrancisbowles

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 14:37 - Mar 18 by PinnerPaul

Not read anything else yet so apologies for any repeats!

Thought Wallace, Dickie and Jojo all played well Kane, Cameron (apart from the assist) and Charlie (Apart from the goal!) were all poor.

Back 3 only settled last half hour, but what a fantastic comeback.

That would have been fun inside the stadium. maybe not so much outside afterwards!

Ref was good - maybe let Millwall away with one yellow, but our yellows were correct, the Dickie offside looked correct and no foul on Kane in build up to 1st goal.

Right, getting a coffee and settling down to read the whole match thread - that should be entertaining!

UUUURRRRRRSSSSS!

He seemed to let them away with quite a lot. For example it looked as if there were several late challenges on Dickie that weren't given. The one your referring to was presumably the interference with Dieng, when he tried to kick? The early offside disallowed goal looked like he was being held (as in fouled) in the offside position.

I think six would be sufficient mark!
No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 14:45 - Mar 18 with 1856 viewsNorthernr

The only thing I really had a problem with with the referee was Bennett's tackle after eight minutes or so was clearly a very obvious yellow card.
No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 14:45 - Mar 18 with 1856 viewsPinnerPaul

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 09:23 - Mar 17 by TheChef

All depends which QPR team turns up tonight - based on the last two games, I have no idea which one that will be.

It was both!
No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 14:54 - Mar 18 with 1840 viewsPinnerPaul

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 19:49 - Mar 17 by SteveB

HT, Seen enough of that gash. I'm not bothering with that red bastrd button for more of that thanks very much. 2nd half can get fcuked.

Not a good decision!

TBF No one saw that coming!
No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 15:04 - Mar 18 with 1822 viewsBrianMcCarthy

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 14:45 - Mar 18 by Northernr

The only thing I really had a problem with with the referee was Bennett's tackle after eight minutes or so was clearly a very obvious yellow card.

Possible peno for a pull on Dickie for the disallowed goal. I really can't see it clearly enough.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 15:07 - Mar 18 with 1812 viewsPinnerPaul

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 20:51 - Mar 17 by HantsR

I gave him a little clap as he went off

So did !!
No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 15:17 - Mar 18 with 1782 viewsPinnerPaul

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 21:39 - Mar 17 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Oh you're right,

Now lads I want you to play dead for 45 let them have as many shots as they like to draw them in then jump up and ambush them.

Worked like a dream... blokes a fecking tactical genius.

My bad.

TBF can't you see the unfairness in blaming MW for bad performances but praising the players when it goes well?

Put aside your dislike of MW for a minute and acknowledge that in ANY professional team sport the blame/praise must be shared between players and management - no?

You seriously think MW told Cameron and Kane to pass the ball to Millwall players in the 1st half?
No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 15:26 - Mar 18 with 1908 viewsPinnerPaul

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 08:20 - Mar 18 by BrianMcCarthy

I think that's a very fair post.

I thought Warburton got it wrong with his tactics last night and once again was slow with his subs. In his favour, the team didn't pack it in like they did on Saturday. But that willingness to abandon the centre-midfield territory is an achilles heel of his and so many opposing teams spot it and feast on it that I'm not sure we could ever challenge for the Top 6 with Warburton in charge.

On the Howe/Francis point, though, I'm still not convinced that it was the right move: we were brilliant under Howe and who's to say he wouldn't have done better than Francis did?

Finding someone better than Warburton will also be tough, but I agree that we should always be looking.

Agree about the tactics and to an extent MW's admission, but 'tactics' and 'formations' have little to do with with a complete lack of ability to pass to a blue and white hooped shirt that we saw from both Kane and Cameron in that first half.

As MW said we looked liked a team that hadn't played together before - you can't pin THAT on the manager.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024