Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City Versus Burnley FC Premier League Match Day Thread 12:23 - Feb 28 with 30415 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 4 Mar 2017 14:02]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City Versus Burnley FC Premier League Match Thread on 10:51 - Mar 2 with 4565 viewsnantywatcher

Has anyone ever got a prediction right on these match day threads? Just wondered
The Official Swansea City Versus Burnley FC Premier League Match Thread on 15:22 - Mar 2 with 4431 viewsLeonWasGod

The Official Swansea City Versus Burnley FC Premier League Match Thread on 23:37 - Feb 28 by TNT

I'm pretty sure their away record is something like W0 D2 L10

That's what worries me.

Massive, massive match this for us. An absolute must win - no pressure lads!

2-1
The Official Swansea City Versus Burnley FC Premier League Match Thread on 17:01 - Mar 2 with 4371 viewsProfessor

The Official Swansea City Versus Burnley FC Premier League Match Thread on 13:52 - Mar 1 by Glyn1

SPECIAL EVENTS IN THE CITY CENTRE THIS SATURDAY
http://www.enjoyswanseabay.com/events/abertawe-celebrating-swansea-together/

By the way: Our away form is precisely the same as Burnley's.

It's an illusion that Burnley's away form is poor - it's just that they've had a tough sequence of matches against the stronger teams and that's now going to even out as they play weaker teams. That doesn't really concern us because they aren't in any danger of relegation but they are a tough team and are definitely going to start winning matches away from home.

Just to doublecheck this, I looked at the away fixtures that both teams have played and the results are identical (Played 8, Lost 8). Both Burnley and the Swans have lost away to Chelsea, Leicester, Southampton, West Brom, Stoke, Spurs, Man City and Arsenal.

So it's going to be tough, but I'll go 2-1 to us (Llorente and Baston for us; Sam Vokes for them).
[Post edited 1 Mar 2017 16:40]

....but that only works on the basis that everything else does not vary over the course of a season. As such our away form is better than Burnley's-three wins and a Dra as opposed to just two draws-10 v 2 points. I see the point that they have had apparently tough away fixtures which of course would mean easier home, but we all know it don't shake out like that.
The Official Swansea City Versus Burnley FC Premier League Match Thread on 17:19 - Mar 2 with 4349 viewsLoyal

This will be one hard game.
No 3 or 4 goal margins.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The Official Swansea City Versus Burnley FC Premier League Match Thread on 18:56 - Mar 2 with 4270 viewsspiderboy

The Official Swansea City Versus Burnley FC Premier League Match Thread on 17:19 - Mar 2 by Loyal

No 3 or 4 goal margins.

4-2.routledge,lorrentes,sig and an og.fabs to save a pen also....1-1 halftime
The Official Swansea City Versus Burnley FC Premier League Match Thread on 19:02 - Mar 2 with 4264 viewsOldjack

The Official Swansea City Versus Burnley FC Premier League Match Thread on 10:51 - Mar 2 by nantywatcher

Has anyone ever got a prediction right on these match day threads? Just wondered

yea ,loads of times

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

The Official Swansea City Versus Burnley FC Premier League Match Thread on 19:35 - Mar 2 with 4237 viewsmonmouth

If we do them on Saturday, we will catch them and pass them by the time of the final reckoning.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Swansea City Versus Burnley FC Premier League Match Thread on 20:10 - Mar 2 with 4211 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Burnley only has 6 away goals this season. We've got to be aggressive in attack.

POTY 2015
Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City Versus Burnley FC Premier League Match Thread on 20:52 - Mar 2 with 4176 viewsTNT

The Official Swansea City Versus Burnley FC Premier League Match Thread on 23:21 - Mar 1 by builthjack

5-1

Yeah, but what result do you have to predict for those odds, Builth?

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

The Official Swansea City Versus Burnley FC Premier League Match Thread on 21:05 - Mar 2 with 4151 viewsPozuelosSideys

Need a win here really. Games we should be winning if we were a mid table side in a false position because of crappy management for the first half of the season. No reason why we cant.
[Post edited 2 Mar 2017 21:06]

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

The Official Swansea City Versus Burnley FC Premier League Match Thread on 01:11 - Mar 3 with 4012 viewsWanderer

Have to respect what Sean Dyche & the Burnley board has done there, gone down come back up and playing with determination, they are a difficult opponent and I for one am concerned, this is not a cakewalk and I expect a 0-0 draw here or one side to pull a sneaky 1-0 hopefully US!
The Official Swansea City Versus Burnley FC Premier League Match Thread on 06:57 - Mar 3 with 3934 viewsbuilthjack

The Official Swansea City Versus Burnley FC Premier League Match Thread on 20:52 - Mar 2 by TNT

Yeah, but what result do you have to predict for those odds, Builth?

A 1-0 win will give you 6/1
My 5-1 prediction gives 150/1
Llorente to score first 9/2
Soggy to score first 9/2
Both teams to scor 4/5
Draw at half time, Swansea to win in full time 4/1

I have just put £2 on all of them . £12 stake. Will let you know whit return, if any, I get.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Official Swansea City Versus Burnley FC Premier League Match Thread on 11:40 - Mar 3 with 3808 viewsPegojack

I hope Fer gets stuck into that shitehawk Joey Barton. And gives that long haired Scottish wazuk with the alice band a boot up the 'arris too.
The Official Swansea City Versus Burnley FC Premier League Match Thread on 13:35 - Mar 3 with 3703 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

The Official Swansea City Versus Burnley FC Premier League Match Thread on 11:40 - Mar 3 by Pegojack

I hope Fer gets stuck into that shitehawk Joey Barton. And gives that long haired Scottish wazuk with the alice band a boot up the 'arris too.

Code for ' the game will be won in midfield'?
( a strange phrase bearing in mind the position of the goals )

[Post edited 3 Mar 2017 13:36]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

The Official Swansea City Versus Burnley FC Premier League Match Thread on 18:55 - Mar 3 with 3524 viewstomdickharry

The Official Swansea City Versus Burnley FC Premier League Match Thread on 17:19 - Mar 2 by Loyal

No 3 or 4 goal margins.

Couldn't agree more. Tough match,Burnley have a number of injured players out but will be a hard nut to crack,can see us getting a win by the odd goal.
The Official Swansea City Versus Burnley FC Premier League Match Thread on 20:32 - Mar 3 with 4277 viewsTNT

The Official Swansea City Versus Burnley FC Premier League Match Thread on 06:57 - Mar 3 by builthjack

A 1-0 win will give you 6/1
My 5-1 prediction gives 150/1
Llorente to score first 9/2
Soggy to score first 9/2
Both teams to scor 4/5
Draw at half time, Swansea to win in full time 4/1

I have just put £2 on all of them . £12 stake. Will let you know whit return, if any, I get.

Good luck with that mate, I'll be rooting for you.

I'm going for a 2-1 Swans win but, after Hull home, I'm not getting ahead of myself!

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

The Official Swansea City Versus Burnley FC Premier League Match Thread on 21:13 - Mar 3 with 4238 viewsspiderboy

Mr Clement does give off a sense of aura",fair play,does himself and the club proud in interviews..hope he sticks around for a long time.He speaks with great knowledge and says things in a thoughtful and constructive way.Long may he reign.
The Official Swansea City Versus Burnley FC Premier League Match Thread on 03:40 - Mar 4 with 4095 viewsLoyal

The Official Swansea City Versus Burnley FC Premier League Match Thread on 21:13 - Mar 3 by spiderboy

Mr Clement does give off a sense of aura",fair play,does himself and the club proud in interviews..hope he sticks around for a long time.He speaks with great knowledge and says things in a thoughtful and constructive way.Long may he reign.

No he doesn't 😂

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The Official Swansea City Versus Burnley FC Premier League Match Thread on 07:31 - Mar 4 with 4049 viewsGlyn1

Everyone sshh. Don't make too much noise today because the ref may have a hangover. "Anthony Taylor was the fourth official at Everton's 2-0 win over Sunderland last Saturday before jetting off for three days of revelry with a group of friends". Referees have friends?

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

The Official Swansea City Versus Burnley FC Premier League Match Thread on 08:42 - Mar 4 with 4003 viewstrampie

Swans need to win today, come on Swans.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

The Official Swansea City Versus Burnley FC Premier League Match Thread on 10:28 - Mar 4 with 3920 viewsPrivate_Partz

The Official Swansea City Versus Burnley FC Premier League Match Thread on 07:31 - Mar 4 by Glyn1

Everyone sshh. Don't make too much noise today because the ref may have a hangover. "Anthony Taylor was the fourth official at Everton's 2-0 win over Sunderland last Saturday before jetting off for three days of revelry with a group of friends". Referees have friends?

It is the tw@tsinblack that can be our undoing in matches like this. Fortunately Burnley will not be on their list of favourite teams so, unless he has a certain distain for us, we may be OK. His record to date for us is not encouraging though.
This is going to be a tough game. Very similar to Leicester. We need to be patient and pull off a professional win. 2 - 0 is within our grasp but we must be on top of our game.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The Official Swansea City Versus Burnley FC Premier League Match Thread on 11:14 - Mar 4 with 3853 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The Official Swansea City Versus Burnley FC Premier League Match Thread on 07:31 - Mar 4 by Glyn1

Other Refs?
Bookies?
[Post edited 4 Mar 2017 11:14]
The Official Swansea City Versus Burnley FC Premier League Match Thread on 11:26 - Mar 4 with 3826 viewsmonmouth

Right then, off we go, let's bloody well get this nailed. Win this and we're starting to fly.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Swansea City Versus Burnley FC Premier League Match Thread on 11:29 - Mar 4 with 3822 viewsOldjack

Getting in the mood

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

The Official Swansea City Versus Burnley FC Premier League Match Thread on 12:35 - Mar 4 with 3729 viewsSTID2017

The Official Swansea City Versus Burnley FC Premier League Match Thread on 10:28 - Mar 4 by Private_Partz

It is the tw@tsinblack that can be our undoing in matches like this. Fortunately Burnley will not be on their list of favourite teams so, unless he has a certain distain for us, we may be OK. His record to date for us is not encouraging though.
This is going to be a tough game. Very similar to Leicester. We need to be patient and pull off a professional win. 2 - 0 is within our grasp but we must be on top of our game.

A quiet professional 6-0 win will do for me !

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024