Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? 21:20 - Jul 28 with 24189 viewsSwansea93

I appreciate the attempts last season of certain groups trying to start some chants and protests, and I'm not jumping the gun and being negative here, but since Huw said he'd step down if we were relegated and he's still here is abit of joke, he's hired Potter and hasn't given him any backing in the market as of yet and is clearly calling the shots still. When are we all actually going to get Jenkins out because I don't think we can 'rebuild' with him still here, how many fans are actually going to forgive him for the sh!te he's caused the last few years? With Andre Ayew leaving on loan is a prime example of how Huw has run the club the past few years, big money signings on big wages leaving for next to nothing. Yes we all appreciate what he and others did for the club all them years ago, but we've moved on since that and we're talking about now & the future which he has shat on.

Eder, Tabanou, Borja, Ayew, Bony, Clucas, Ngog, Mesa to name a few of his signings that have all cost a club of our size a fortune,not to mention the questionable decisions he's made e.g not bringing Allen back when he had the chance, handing out long contracts to squad players who weren't playing in the first team. He stated we'd learn from mistakes which they clearly havent it's the same old story every time, we start the season in 7 days and we have signed 1 player officially for the '1st team' and if we start off bad Potter is going to get the blame for this whilst Huw is tucked up in his directors box getting away with all the sh!t.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 12:34 - Jul 29 with 1293 viewsMattG

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 12:30 - Jul 29 by E20Jack

Yes. But you created the context of the question and even more importantly - the answer. You then added a time frame to it even though later clarification suggests is inaccurate. You can speculate what he meant if you like, but I am simply going on what he did actually say.

Tell you what Matt, answer those questions anyway then? Maybe Jenkins asked himself the same ones and equally didn’t like the answers. See what answers you come up with, be honest and realistic though.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2018 12:32]

I respect your right to defend Jenkins even if I don't understand why you would want to.

However, the context is set by the situation and our position at the time - do you think the same questions would have been asked if we were sitting comfortably in the top half and safe from relegation? To ignore that, I feel, is being a tad disingenuous.
When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 12:35 - Jul 29 with 1287 viewsTheResurrection

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 12:23 - Jul 29 by Brynmill_Jack

Growth stops when you stop eating your food and giving it to others. We failed miserably to manage our growth and stopped scouting players with a resale value. There was no doubt it was avoidable. Lazy management did for us.

Surely to fack that's a load of bollox and even with some spectacular flops we're more than quids in with transfers

Just take the most recent lot and pick a handful

Siggy
Llorente
Fabiansk
Corki
Mawson to come

FACK OFF YOU DUMBASS KUNT

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 12:37 - Jul 29 with 1284 viewsmagicdaps10

The club is too big for Huw Jenkins.

Yes, he did tremendous work in the build up to the premier league and the first 2 seasons there but the clu outgrew him and he was not capable to control it and is chasing a tail he will never catch.

I could go into the money but we all know the greed consumed him.

Time for him to go.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 12:39 - Jul 29 with 1272 viewsE20Jack

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 12:34 - Jul 29 by MattG

I respect your right to defend Jenkins even if I don't understand why you would want to.

However, the context is set by the situation and our position at the time - do you think the same questions would have been asked if we were sitting comfortably in the top half and safe from relegation? To ignore that, I feel, is being a tad disingenuous.

I am not defending anyone. I am simply stating it as I see it. Discuss his performance with me and I will say he’s good, discuss his conduct with me and I will say it has been awful. That isn’t defending anyone. That is being balanced and fair.

The context is not set by the situation, the context is set simply by the question and the answer.

If you asked Peter Crouch if he would retire if he continued his poor goal scoring form and he said “yes”, that wouldn’t mean that he would retire if he didn’t score by the end of the season. Especially so if you then specifically asked if he would consider retiring if he didn’t score from now to the end of the season as his answer clearly changed to “I would consider it”.

To then state he said he would retire if he didn’t score by the end of the season would be wrong at best and intentionally disingenuous at worst. The fact it wouldn’t have been asked if he had scored a hat full is irrelevant, it doesn’t give licence to create context and timeframe.

But again, try and answer the two questions I posed to the situation where he leaves.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2018 12:48]

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 12:43 - Jul 29 with 1254 viewsTheResurrection

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 12:37 - Jul 29 by magicdaps10

The club is too big for Huw Jenkins.

Yes, he did tremendous work in the build up to the premier league and the first 2 seasons there but the clu outgrew him and he was not capable to control it and is chasing a tail he will never catch.

I could go into the money but we all know the greed consumed him.

Time for him to go.

It probably is time for him to go, because it would be impossible to get shot of 80% of our fans.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 12:49 - Jul 29 with 1231 viewsmagicdaps10

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 12:43 - Jul 29 by TheResurrection

It probably is time for him to go, because it would be impossible to get shot of 80% of our fans.

Ask a question and if 80% give the same answer, chances are they would be correct.

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 12:51 - Jul 29 with 1226 viewsE20Jack

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 12:49 - Jul 29 by magicdaps10

Ask a question and if 80% give the same answer, chances are they would be correct.

Bizarre logic.

By the looks of it an even greater % believed Martinez would have to be kicked out of the club.

[Post edited 29 Jul 2018 12:58]

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 12:58 - Jul 29 with 1213 viewsmagicdaps10

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 12:51 - Jul 29 by E20Jack

Bizarre logic.

By the looks of it an even greater % believed Martinez would have to be kicked out of the club.

[Post edited 29 Jul 2018 12:58]

Wouldnt know the % on that without a poll.

On that subject, i would suspect many believed a man would be good to his word, goes to show that whatever your age, lessons can still be learned.

Back to the topic, surely Jenkins time is up. He has 12 months to go out on a high or with his head hanging even further down.

Login to get fewer ads

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 12:59 - Jul 29 with 1209 viewsE20Jack

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 12:58 - Jul 29 by magicdaps10

Wouldnt know the % on that without a poll.

On that subject, i would suspect many believed a man would be good to his word, goes to show that whatever your age, lessons can still be learned.

Back to the topic, surely Jenkins time is up. He has 12 months to go out on a high or with his head hanging even further down.

You don’t know the % that see Jenkins tenure in a balanced way either.

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 13:05 - Jul 29 with 1195 viewsmagicdaps10

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 12:59 - Jul 29 by E20Jack

You don’t know the % that see Jenkins tenure in a balanced way either.

I dont but I do believe his time is up.

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 13:08 - Jul 29 with 1187 viewsswan65split

Time for the Knut to go.
When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 13:10 - Jul 29 with 1183 viewsE20Jack

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 13:05 - Jul 29 by magicdaps10

I dont but I do believe his time is up.

And that is your right.

Think Pearlman will do a better job? Think it will be someone else? If so, who?

And why do you think they will be more successful than our most successful ever chairman and in terms of conduct, why someone presumably with no connection to the club or area would be more interested in the club than his/her own interests.

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 13:16 - Jul 29 with 1170 viewsmagicdaps10

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 13:10 - Jul 29 by E20Jack

And that is your right.

Think Pearlman will do a better job? Think it will be someone else? If so, who?

And why do you think they will be more successful than our most successful ever chairman and in terms of conduct, why someone presumably with no connection to the club or area would be more interested in the club than his/her own interests.

Unsure
Possibly
Undecided.

The only thing I can say for sure is, he is not up to his job, continues to lie and contradict himself. All in all, I have no confidence in him as it seems many others also feel the same.

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 13:22 - Jul 29 with 1145 viewsE20Jack

“Unsure
Possibly
Undecided”

This is most people’s answer I am going to assume.

Sounds a great alternative to the most successful chairman in our history.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2018 13:23]

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 13:27 - Jul 29 with 1123 viewsmagicdaps10

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 13:22 - Jul 29 by E20Jack

“Unsure
Possibly
Undecided”

This is most people’s answer I am going to assume.

Sounds a great alternative to the most successful chairman in our history.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2018 13:23]

If I knew all candidates or options personally, I would give you answers. I cant and would be naive to give a name off the bat.

I can only state what I know, I know that Jenkins is out of his depth and cant be trusted.

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 13:28 - Jul 29 with 1122 viewsMattG

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 12:39 - Jul 29 by E20Jack

I am not defending anyone. I am simply stating it as I see it. Discuss his performance with me and I will say he’s good, discuss his conduct with me and I will say it has been awful. That isn’t defending anyone. That is being balanced and fair.

The context is not set by the situation, the context is set simply by the question and the answer.

If you asked Peter Crouch if he would retire if he continued his poor goal scoring form and he said “yes”, that wouldn’t mean that he would retire if he didn’t score by the end of the season. Especially so if you then specifically asked if he would consider retiring if he didn’t score from now to the end of the season as his answer clearly changed to “I would consider it”.

To then state he said he would retire if he didn’t score by the end of the season would be wrong at best and intentionally disingenuous at worst. The fact it wouldn’t have been asked if he had scored a hat full is irrelevant, it doesn’t give licence to create context and timeframe.

But again, try and answer the two questions I posed to the situation where he leaves.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2018 12:48]

Context is not simply the bare question and answer - you're an intelligent man and I'm sure you already know that. You've even used the word yourself in earlier posts on this thread to try and provide an explanation for Jenkins's comments.

As for him leaving, I answered you earlier :

"As for your last paragraph, I absolutely don't think Pearlman should (or would) ever take over the football side of things from Jenkins. Could someone else do a better job? I'd certainly be interested to see what options might be out there for >£600k a year and maybe Jenkins could even use his love of the club to steer the Yanks in the right direction... "
When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 13:29 - Jul 29 with 1113 viewsPhil_S

Why is it compulsory for anyone to have to add the name of a replacement when they ask for someone to leave

I mean given the very attractive salary on offer I don't suspect we will be short of people who believe they have the right credentials.

I just hope they bring more to the table than our global head of partnerships who seems to stop at Neath
When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 13:33 - Jul 29 with 1103 viewswaynekerr55

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 13:29 - Jul 29 by Phil_S

Why is it compulsory for anyone to have to add the name of a replacement when they ask for someone to leave

I mean given the very attractive salary on offer I don't suspect we will be short of people who believe they have the right credentials.

I just hope they bring more to the table than our global head of partnerships who seems to stop at Neath

Are they still serving Turkish Delight cheesecake in Ynysmeduew

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 13:35 - Jul 29 with 1099 viewsE20Jack

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 13:29 - Jul 29 by Phil_S

Not compulsory, but certainly helpful.

Let’s look at who they have appointed in their other sports clubs. Does it suggest they are good at appointing such figures?

So we need to have a realistic idea of the alternative before trying to force the situation. So far, I haven’t heard one realistic or feasible alternative.

Salary does not guarantee success.

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 13:39 - Jul 29 with 1088 viewsTheResurrection

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 13:16 - Jul 29 by magicdaps10

Unsure
Possibly
Undecided.

The only thing I can say for sure is, he is not up to his job, continues to lie and contradict himself. All in all, I have no confidence in him as it seems many others also feel the same.

You basically don't know what you want or how to get it but just that you want it NOW.

Dear God. Swansea in 2018.

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 13:39 - Jul 29 with 1086 viewsE20Jack

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 13:28 - Jul 29 by MattG

Context is not simply the bare question and answer - you're an intelligent man and I'm sure you already know that. You've even used the word yourself in earlier posts on this thread to try and provide an explanation for Jenkins's comments.

As for him leaving, I answered you earlier :

"As for your last paragraph, I absolutely don't think Pearlman should (or would) ever take over the football side of things from Jenkins. Could someone else do a better job? I'd certainly be interested to see what options might be out there for >£600k a year and maybe Jenkins could even use his love of the club to steer the Yanks in the right direction... "

It is. I explained that in the Peter Crouch example. It has nothing to do with intelligence.

Apologies, I didn’t see the response.

However, you don’t make the decision. If you did then I could understand you believing that seeing and choosing alternatives by way of vote could be a desirable option. However that isnt the case. We have the Americans that decide. The same people who put Bob Bradley in charge of a Premier League club and the ones that have not had any successful appointments in a similar role in any of their sports clubs.

Again, salary is essentially irrelevant.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2018 13:41]

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 13:41 - Jul 29 with 1085 viewsMattG

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 13:35 - Jul 29 by E20Jack

Not compulsory, but certainly helpful.

Let’s look at who they have appointed in their other sports clubs. Does it suggest they are good at appointing such figures?

So we need to have a realistic idea of the alternative before trying to force the situation. So far, I haven’t heard one realistic or feasible alternative.

Salary does not guarantee success.

Hence my suggestion that Jenkins help out with the search - with his experience, he should know better than most what is needed.
When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 13:42 - Jul 29 with 1079 viewsE20Jack

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 13:41 - Jul 29 by MattG

Hence my suggestion that Jenkins help out with the search - with his experience, he should know better than most what is needed.

...and he has decided to stay.

Hence the point.

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 13:43 - Jul 29 with 1079 viewsMattG

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 13:39 - Jul 29 by E20Jack

It is. I explained that in the Peter Crouch example. It has nothing to do with intelligence.

Apologies, I didn’t see the response.

However, you don’t make the decision. If you did then I could understand you believing that seeing and choosing alternatives by way of vote could be a desirable option. However that isnt the case. We have the Americans that decide. The same people who put Bob Bradley in charge of a Premier League club and the ones that have not had any successful appointments in a similar role in any of their sports clubs.

Again, salary is essentially irrelevant.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2018 13:41]

So are you saying that, even if Jenkins was to say that he was stepping down and would help them in finding the right replacement, they would ignore him and do whatever they wanted regardless?

If they weren't prepared to take his advice on something as crucial as this, you have to wonder what purpose he is serving.
When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 13:43 - Jul 29 with 1078 viewsMattG

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 13:42 - Jul 29 by E20Jack

...and he has decided to stay.

Hence the point.

The question was hypothetical, predicated on Jenkins being replaced.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024