Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? 21:20 - Jul 28 with 24191 viewsSwansea93

I appreciate the attempts last season of certain groups trying to start some chants and protests, and I'm not jumping the gun and being negative here, but since Huw said he'd step down if we were relegated and he's still here is abit of joke, he's hired Potter and hasn't given him any backing in the market as of yet and is clearly calling the shots still. When are we all actually going to get Jenkins out because I don't think we can 'rebuild' with him still here, how many fans are actually going to forgive him for the sh!te he's caused the last few years? With Andre Ayew leaving on loan is a prime example of how Huw has run the club the past few years, big money signings on big wages leaving for next to nothing. Yes we all appreciate what he and others did for the club all them years ago, but we've moved on since that and we're talking about now & the future which he has shat on.

Eder, Tabanou, Borja, Ayew, Bony, Clucas, Ngog, Mesa to name a few of his signings that have all cost a club of our size a fortune,not to mention the questionable decisions he's made e.g not bringing Allen back when he had the chance, handing out long contracts to squad players who weren't playing in the first team. He stated we'd learn from mistakes which they clearly havent it's the same old story every time, we start the season in 7 days and we have signed 1 player officially for the '1st team' and if we start off bad Potter is going to get the blame for this whilst Huw is tucked up in his directors box getting away with all the sh!t.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 11:22 - Jul 29 with 1092 viewsE20Jack

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 11:15 - Jul 29 by MattG

You said "Yet when it became clear how we were not able to fill the holes in the squad I would be quietly confident that not many expected to survive." So the quality of the squad (however that came about) reduced expectations.

As for your analogy, I'm not sure what the amputation would equate to in Jenkins's situation - the Yanks taking over maybe?

Yes but that only came about due to finances spiralling and is not being able to afford to adequately solve any transfers that do not work. Not all transfers do, again it is inevitable. The big clubs can take the hit, the smaller ones will be massively impacted - which is why eventually they ALL get relegated.

The key for a small club to stay up is to make as few of those signings that don’t work as possible. The less you make the longer you may stay there. The fact we stayed there for a period of time rarely seen of a club our size and income suggests we did well to stay there as long as we did and defied the natural order of things for far longer than usually seen.

That is to be commended not rubbished.

The amputation analogy would be the obvious hampering of performance levels with the spiralling costs.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2018 11:23]

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 11:24 - Jul 29 with 1088 viewsJack11

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 11:16 - Jul 29 by E20Jack

Nope. Costs spiralling is a theme seen at every single football club that is promoted if they manage to survive. The longer they stay the more their outgoings become, until they can no longer function and get relegated - which is why all clubs our size do. Every single one.

Costs were increasing beyond what Jenkins et al were capable of financing - agreed. His task was simple. Find capable investors. He failed, miserably. He then became de facto DOF and has made a plethora of shocking decisions which have contributed to costs spiralling even more.
When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 11:24 - Jul 29 with 1081 viewsE20Jack

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 11:19 - Jul 29 by moonie

Consider this.
We paid 16 m for Clucas to replace the admirable ,reliable
Clucas is pretty much worthless

Liverpool paid 13 m for Shaqiri who ll be worth, I would suggest 50 m when time comes to sell

I did have the heart to top up the fees for Mesa,bony,baston, Ayew as its the Sabbath and I don't want to throw any pussy into the river

Do you think we could have signed Shaqiri Perch?

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 11:27 - Jul 29 with 1072 viewsWarwickHunt

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 11:24 - Jul 29 by E20Jack

Do you think we could have signed Shaqiri Perch?

Who does Shaqiri Perch play for? Is he any good?
When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 11:27 - Jul 29 with 1069 viewsQJumpingJack

Jenkins may well leave if/when Pearlman becomes his boss.
Someone on another thread claimed Pearlman had told someone he was in charge while on tour.
Jenkins won’t be happy if this is true.
When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 11:27 - Jul 29 with 1064 viewsE20Jack

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 11:24 - Jul 29 by Jack11

Costs were increasing beyond what Jenkins et al were capable of financing - agreed. His task was simple. Find capable investors. He failed, miserably. He then became de facto DOF and has made a plethora of shocking decisions which have contributed to costs spiralling even more.

His task was simple? Really?

Yet no club outside the top 7 ever presents have managed to do that successfully for any prolonged period of time to stay there.

His task was absolutely not simple. In concept maybe, in practicality it was almost the impossible. Sugar Daddies wanting to throw money at a club in the back of beyond is not something that you find on every street corner.

That’s not excusing what the takeover actually was of course, it was clearly done awfully.

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 11:28 - Jul 29 with 1066 viewsBrynmill_Jack

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 10:39 - Jul 29 by BobbyBacala

Wigan.

Though that shows how rare it is. Of recent clubs in the Premier League 'our size' (though that's hard to define) - Norwich yo-yoed, Bournemouth have lasted haven't made any progress in the cup and Brighton and Huddersfield only have a season under their belts.

Wigan only became a league club in the 1980's , are situated on the outskirts of Liverpool and football is the second sport compared to rugby league. So anything is possible if you're prepared to be creative and find ways to compete (which we very much did do on our rise and for our first two or three seasons. Then we got lazy and started chucking money around which if used as creatively (as it was in the past) then we would have avoided relegation.

To say it in any other way is merely making up excuses for a deplorable set of incoming transfers which has left us having to sell some players for big money just to enable us to fetch in some cut price gems. We will have to see how creative Mr Potter is. I hope he's Martinez/Flynn esque in that regard.

You can say that Jenkins is an unbelievable chairman who has only suffered one relegation in 15 years but 3 of those years have seen a disastrous negligence and a form of insanity grip Jenkins making him believe he was infallible. In reality he'd been playing Russian roulette with his transfer picks. Unfortunately for him the chamber was loaded this time around. But it wasn't bad luck, just plain mismanagement.

The sale is another matter completely and paints an even worse picture of him.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 11:28 - Jul 29 with 1066 viewsclloy2

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 11:24 - Jul 29 by Jack11

Is the correct answer and pretty much sums up the car crash ouf our recent demise in one short paragraph
Login to get fewer ads

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 11:28 - Jul 29 with 1064 viewsjeza739

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 09:52 - Jul 29 by E20Jack

But it was inevitable if we are being realistic.

Why do we belong with the likes of Man United, Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs and Everton as the longest current serving PL clubs to date?

If it isn’t inevitable then why has every single club outside the top 7 failed to stay there for so long? We are Swansea City wth a stadium that isn’t even a particularly big Championship one.

To think it was not inevitable that we would eventually go back down is unrealistic beyond words. The fact we were one of the longest serving present PL clubs up until last year is stuff films are made of, utterly incredible stuff rarely seen in football today.

Costs were eventually going to swamp us and they knew that.

His success won’t give him a free pass indefinitely, if he presides over an era of underachievement then I think we can then start to discuss it. I don’t happen to think relegation was an under achievement after 7 years. It was something that happens in nearly all cases - that’s if they even get to that length of time.

We should now be fairly competitive at Championship level. If we aren’t, then he can be questioned regarding ability in my view.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2018 9:58]

Of course we cannot be classed in same bracket as top 7 and in my opinion the remaining 13 will all probably take it jn turns to get relegated.
However, apart from the fact he's wasted 70m on dreadful signings these last 2 yrs (the appointment of that clown Bradley is the only cock up hes not responsible for) hes a lying deceitful t.... for the manner of the sellout and the fact he's still here is
1.rubbing our noses in it
2. Preventing the club moving on.

The sellout and manner of it is more than enough for him to go, regardless of the football matters.

Oh and yes i fully accept and respect what he and the others did 2003 and up til 2013...
When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 11:28 - Jul 29 with 1059 viewsE20Jack

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 11:27 - Jul 29 by WarwickHunt

Who does Shaqiri Perch play for? Is he any good?

Cammel Lairds. He is a Swiss/Scouse hybrid.

Way out of our reach.

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 11:29 - Jul 29 with 1057 viewsMattG

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 11:14 - Jul 29 by E20Jack

Yes and that wasn’t his statement was it. At no point did he state that relegation would see his position become untenable.

You asked me this already and then you accused me of “adding it”. I think it would be reasonable to include a timeframe where we are losing matches we are expected to win, I expected we would win in the last day - we didnt but wouldnt say that is a fair sample size of “continuing”, no.

So if we continue not winning games at a level I feel we should be competitive at, then I will feel questioning his ability is justified.

Currently the only justifiable angle of attack his the takeover and his part in that. But my question would be who do you think will take over? Pearlman? Someone else? And why you believe they will bring more success than Jenkins has brought or have their own interests at heart less than Jenkins?
[Post edited 29 Jul 2018 11:17]

If you continue losing games in the PL, particularly from the position we were in when he made those comments, there is only one outcome and that is relegation. He knew that when he said it never talked about games we should expect to win - you are the only one who has done that.

You want to give him a free pass on those comments and that's your prerogative.

As for your last paragraph, I absolutely don't think Pearlman should (or would) ever take over the football side of things from Jenkins. Could someone else do a better job? I'd certainly be interested to see what options might be out there for >£600k a year and maybe Jenkins could even use his love of the club to steer the Yanks in the right direction...
When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 11:30 - Jul 29 with 1051 viewsE20Jack

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 11:28 - Jul 29 by Brynmill_Jack

Wigan only became a league club in the 1980's , are situated on the outskirts of Liverpool and football is the second sport compared to rugby league. So anything is possible if you're prepared to be creative and find ways to compete (which we very much did do on our rise and for our first two or three seasons. Then we got lazy and started chucking money around which if used as creatively (as it was in the past) then we would have avoided relegation.

To say it in any other way is merely making up excuses for a deplorable set of incoming transfers which has left us having to sell some players for big money just to enable us to fetch in some cut price gems. We will have to see how creative Mr Potter is. I hope he's Martinez/Flynn esque in that regard.

You can say that Jenkins is an unbelievable chairman who has only suffered one relegation in 15 years but 3 of those years have seen a disastrous negligence and a form of insanity grip Jenkins making him believe he was infallible. In reality he'd been playing Russian roulette with his transfer picks. Unfortunately for him the chamber was loaded this time around. But it wasn't bad luck, just plain mismanagement.

The sale is another matter completely and paints an even worse picture of him.

And where are Wigan now? League wise?

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 11:30 - Jul 29 with 1052 viewsJack11

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 11:27 - Jul 29 by E20Jack

His task was simple? Really?

Yet no club outside the top 7 ever presents have managed to do that successfully for any prolonged period of time to stay there.

His task was absolutely not simple. In concept maybe, in practicality it was almost the impossible. Sugar Daddies wanting to throw money at a club in the back of beyond is not something that you find on every street corner.

That’s not excusing what the takeover actually was of course, it was clearly done awfully.

Selling a stable premier league club who’d recently won a major domestic trophy and played in Europe. Hardly sand to the Arabs is it?
When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 11:31 - Jul 29 with 1047 viewsWarwickHunt

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 11:28 - Jul 29 by E20Jack

Cammel Lairds. He is a Swiss/Scouse hybrid.

Way out of our reach.

Sounds a bit fishy to me.
When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 11:32 - Jul 29 with 1036 viewsjeza739

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 10:16 - Jul 29 by moonie

Morning.
Ive interpreted it to be the fact he s been in situ for seven years and should be judged for his overall record.

No?

It doesn't matter about what he did seven years ago or how well he did to lead us into the Prem .

NOW ,we are a shambles with overpaid ,unfit,crocked players and managers going like swing doors. We are losing money on shocking players . We still have appalling deadwood so I won't mention the obvious so as not to make this grey rainy day any worse

Top post
When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 11:33 - Jul 29 with 1030 viewsE20Jack

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 11:28 - Jul 29 by jeza739

Of course we cannot be classed in same bracket as top 7 and in my opinion the remaining 13 will all probably take it jn turns to get relegated.
However, apart from the fact he's wasted 70m on dreadful signings these last 2 yrs (the appointment of that clown Bradley is the only cock up hes not responsible for) hes a lying deceitful t.... for the manner of the sellout and the fact he's still here is
1.rubbing our noses in it
2. Preventing the club moving on.

The sellout and manner of it is more than enough for him to go, regardless of the football matters.

Oh and yes i fully accept and respect what he and the others did 2003 and up til 2013...

And you won’t get me disagreeing with his conduct.

If that’s the stick you want to bash him with then you are fully justified.

But my question remains. Who do you think will replace him? Pearlman? And why do you believe they will be more successful and have the clubs interests at heart more than their own.

I asked myself that and didn’t like the answers, so for me it is better the devil you know. That’s just opinion.

What I am saying is covering that reason up by pretending he has been a failure is heart ruling head.

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 11:34 - Jul 29 with 1024 viewsE20Jack

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 11:30 - Jul 29 by Jack11

Selling a stable premier league club who’d recently won a major domestic trophy and played in Europe. Hardly sand to the Arabs is it?

Selling wasn’t the task you presented him with. He passed that one with flying colours.

Selling a club to the right owners that you deem acceptable is what you put to him, which is something infinitely more difficult.

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 11:36 - Jul 29 with 1019 viewssg1912

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 11:16 - Jul 29 by E20Jack

Nope. Costs spiralling is a theme seen at every single football club that is promoted if they manage to survive. The longer they stay the more their outgoings become, until they can no longer function and get relegated - which is why all clubs our size do. Every single one.

"Spiralling costs" was supposedly the reason we were selling to the American s in the first place, now it's apparent that the Americans were offering to make the previous/current directors the most personal wealth, hence the fans calling them `greedy`

Our club has been shafted.
When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 11:37 - Jul 29 with 1015 viewsBillyChong

It’s an absolute disgrace what him and his cronies have done to the club. Any legacy they could have left when passing on the ownership has gone. Sold out to a bunch of chancers all for the dollar. The public arrogance from the likes of Dineen and Van Zweden on top of it is sickening. The lack of fight from the trust fits in line with how this club has changed. Bigger clubs than us have fallen further than this, if this management continues we will go the same way quickly.
When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 11:37 - Jul 29 with 1012 viewsE20Jack

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 11:29 - Jul 29 by MattG

If you continue losing games in the PL, particularly from the position we were in when he made those comments, there is only one outcome and that is relegation. He knew that when he said it never talked about games we should expect to win - you are the only one who has done that.

You want to give him a free pass on those comments and that's your prerogative.

As for your last paragraph, I absolutely don't think Pearlman should (or would) ever take over the football side of things from Jenkins. Could someone else do a better job? I'd certainly be interested to see what options might be out there for >£600k a year and maybe Jenkins could even use his love of the club to steer the Yanks in the right direction...

You are doing it again. Asking me a question and then using my answer against me to suggest this is what I think he said.

What he said is simple and what he said is there for all to read.

The only person who has said that relegation means he said he would resign, is you. When asked directly he said he would consider it. In who’s world does that mean he would?

We are going round in circles here. But to take it back to your post. He did not say what you claim he did.

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 11:38 - Jul 29 with 1011 viewsMattG

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 11:22 - Jul 29 by E20Jack

Yes but that only came about due to finances spiralling and is not being able to afford to adequately solve any transfers that do not work. Not all transfers do, again it is inevitable. The big clubs can take the hit, the smaller ones will be massively impacted - which is why eventually they ALL get relegated.

The key for a small club to stay up is to make as few of those signings that don’t work as possible. The less you make the longer you may stay there. The fact we stayed there for a period of time rarely seen of a club our size and income suggests we did well to stay there as long as we did and defied the natural order of things for far longer than usually seen.

That is to be commended not rubbished.

The amputation analogy would be the obvious hampering of performance levels with the spiralling costs.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2018 11:23]

"The key for a small club to stay up is to make as few of those signings that don’t work as possible." How many have there been in the last few years? Too many, particularly for a club of our size which contributed in no small part to the spiralling costs you mention.

I don't disagree that 7 years in the PL was more than pretty much anyone expected in 2011. Where I will disagree is with your interpretation that there was little if anything that Jenkins could have done to keep us there any longer.
When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 11:39 - Jul 29 with 997 viewsE20Jack

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 11:36 - Jul 29 by sg1912

"Spiralling costs" was supposedly the reason we were selling to the American s in the first place, now it's apparent that the Americans were offering to make the previous/current directors the most personal wealth, hence the fans calling them `greedy`

Our club has been shafted.

Yes, the Americans were far more qualified in bringing in external income than the old board were. Which was part of the reason they sold.

The other part without doubt was to cash in.

Again won’t get an argument from me there.

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 11:41 - Jul 29 with 992 viewsjackjackjackjack

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 11:27 - Jul 29 by QJumpingJack

Jenkins may well leave if/when Pearlman becomes his boss.
Someone on another thread claimed Pearlman had told someone he was in charge while on tour.
Jenkins won’t be happy if this is true.

So who is giving the go ahead for transfer budget, Perlman or Jenkins?

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 11:43 - Jul 29 with 982 viewsE20Jack

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 11:38 - Jul 29 by MattG

"The key for a small club to stay up is to make as few of those signings that don’t work as possible." How many have there been in the last few years? Too many, particularly for a club of our size which contributed in no small part to the spiralling costs you mention.

I don't disagree that 7 years in the PL was more than pretty much anyone expected in 2011. Where I will disagree is with your interpretation that there was little if anything that Jenkins could have done to keep us there any longer.

Yes but that is inevitable is my point.

Otherwise how would we ever realistically get relegated? Something you surely also agree was an inevitability?

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 11:43 - Jul 29 with 985 viewsmoonie

Wigan is in greater Manchester and is no nearer Liverpool than Manchester or Preston.

It's quite independent .

Very proud ,if odd people who are in no way shape or form plastic scousers or mancs .

See y all there
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024