Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? 21:20 - Jul 28 with 24188 viewsSwansea93

I appreciate the attempts last season of certain groups trying to start some chants and protests, and I'm not jumping the gun and being negative here, but since Huw said he'd step down if we were relegated and he's still here is abit of joke, he's hired Potter and hasn't given him any backing in the market as of yet and is clearly calling the shots still. When are we all actually going to get Jenkins out because I don't think we can 'rebuild' with him still here, how many fans are actually going to forgive him for the sh!te he's caused the last few years? With Andre Ayew leaving on loan is a prime example of how Huw has run the club the past few years, big money signings on big wages leaving for next to nothing. Yes we all appreciate what he and others did for the club all them years ago, but we've moved on since that and we're talking about now & the future which he has shat on.

Eder, Tabanou, Borja, Ayew, Bony, Clucas, Ngog, Mesa to name a few of his signings that have all cost a club of our size a fortune,not to mention the questionable decisions he's made e.g not bringing Allen back when he had the chance, handing out long contracts to squad players who weren't playing in the first team. He stated we'd learn from mistakes which they clearly havent it's the same old story every time, we start the season in 7 days and we have signed 1 player officially for the '1st team' and if we start off bad Potter is going to get the blame for this whilst Huw is tucked up in his directors box getting away with all the sh!t.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 10:46 - Jul 29 with 1058 viewsangryjack

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 09:26 - Jul 29 by E20Jack

But I think it is unfair to do that as it isn’t in context. The job got harder - as it obviously would, history suggests that. The longer you say there the harder it is to remain competitive, costs explode. When you add our very limited income outside of the TV money added plus the spine of our team needing replacing then failure is eventually inevitable. This is why only the top 6/7 would have stayed at that level longer than us should we have stayed up at Southampton’s expense.

The blot on his copybook (and a signifficant one) is the takeover. If he hadn’t conducted the takeover in the way he did then the questions regarding his ability would be looked at a lot more realistically than shoehorning facts and looking at results between pre selected dates to give a pre determined outcome, without any context.

If the job got harder,well obviously he not good enough to keep up with it,get someone in who is capable..Jenkins is a prick end of and dineen, and I would love to punch the
kunts head in
When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 10:46 - Jul 29 with 1050 viewsE20Jack

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 10:37 - Jul 29 by MattG

Just as an aside, the only person who has tried to caveat Jenkins's comments is you. If he meant it in the way you are choosing to interpret it, he should have said that supporter expectations of winning games in the PL were unrealistic and that we should be targeting more winnable games at a lower level.

He actually said "I think if we continue as we are, yes it will be." At that point we were losing games in the PL and continued to do so. Or do the few wins we got during the Carvalhal bounce get him off the hook?

There is no caveat to add. I am just stating what he actually said.

You are suggesting it is a caveat because you changed what he actually said to suit your stance.

He actually said he would consider resigning if relegated. Consider.

He said if we continued not winning football matches, but didn’t suggest a time period. Only you added that. I would like to think continue not winning matches we are expected to win. Because that would mean underachieving.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 10:48 - Jul 29 with 1043 viewsMattG

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 10:46 - Jul 29 by E20Jack

There is no caveat to add. I am just stating what he actually said.

You are suggesting it is a caveat because you changed what he actually said to suit your stance.

He actually said he would consider resigning if relegated. Consider.

He said if we continued not winning football matches, but didn’t suggest a time period. Only you added that. I would like to think continue not winning matches we are expected to win. Because that would mean underachieving.

B0llocks.

You were the one who added the condition that it only applied to games we were expected to win. "I would like to think that would be in context to a period of time where we are expected to win games." That's a caveat, right there.

We were in the PL and losing games - he said if that continued then his position would be untenable. It continued but he remains in post.
When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 10:49 - Jul 29 with 1040 viewsjack247

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 10:37 - Jul 29 by E20Jack

Well I think it was inevitable we would get relegated as costs dwarfed us. That has clearly happened, hence the need for a massive balancing of the books.

So considering we both think when that happens that relegation is inevitable then to say someone doesn’t merit their job after presiding over the most successful era in our history due to an inevitable series of costs after 7 years is unfair.

I would say the second we go through a sustained period of underachieving is when we can look at whether he is worthy of his position. In my mind that isn’t even close to have happened yet. We have just possible reached the climax of a continuous era of unspeakable success. Who is to say it ends there? For my money we have not underachieved yet.

As I said previously, the only thing I think is what would make me consider his position is his handling and part he played in the takeover. However I have come to the conclusion it is better the devil you know on that front - why do we think someone completely unrelated to the club or area would act in a better manner as opposed to a selfish one - again I suggest it is unrealistic to think they would.

He even said himself that his position would be untenable in the event of relegation (paraphrased).

Whatever our target was last season (and I suspect it wasn’t overly ambitious), we failed to achieve it. What’s almost worse than the relegation is the fact that we look so unprepared for it (even though it was inevitable at some point)

We disagree and that’s fine. You won’t convince me he deserves his job at the moment. I’m not going to try to discredit his tenure as a whole. We agree that has been a success.
When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 10:49 - Jul 29 with 1036 viewsE20Jack

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 10:44 - Jul 29 by MattG

OK so back to my earlier question - if we lose a load of games this season and end up relegated to League 1 is Jenkins's position untenable or does he get off the hook again because of the quality of our squad?

There is no hook to get off. He is judged on expectations and the results in relation to those.

I expect the majority of us believe we will be fairly competitive at Championship level. If we aren’t questions of ability can be asked.

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 10:51 - Jul 29 with 1024 viewsE20Jack

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 10:46 - Jul 29 by angryjack

If the job got harder,well obviously he not good enough to keep up with it,get someone in who is capable..Jenkins is a prick end of and dineen, and I would love to punch the
kunts head in

Well nobody has been capable of keeping a side our size in the PL for longer than Jenkins without external funds before.

So who do we get?

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 10:51 - Jul 29 with 1020 viewsE20Jack

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 10:49 - Jul 29 by jack247

He even said himself that his position would be untenable in the event of relegation (paraphrased).

Whatever our target was last season (and I suspect it wasn’t overly ambitious), we failed to achieve it. What’s almost worse than the relegation is the fact that we look so unprepared for it (even though it was inevitable at some point)

We disagree and that’s fine. You won’t convince me he deserves his job at the moment. I’m not going to try to discredit his tenure as a whole. We agree that has been a success.

He didn’t say that.

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 10:52 - Jul 29 with 1021 viewsMattG

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 10:49 - Jul 29 by E20Jack

There is no hook to get off. He is judged on expectations and the results in relation to those.

I expect the majority of us believe we will be fairly competitive at Championship level. If we aren’t questions of ability can be asked.

So at the start of last season was the expectation that we would remain in the PL?
Login to get fewer ads

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 10:56 - Jul 29 with 1004 viewsWarwickHunt

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 10:37 - Jul 29 by E20Jack

Well I think it was inevitable we would get relegated as costs dwarfed us. That has clearly happened, hence the need for a massive balancing of the books.

So considering we both think when that happens that relegation is inevitable then to say someone doesn’t merit their job after presiding over the most successful era in our history due to an inevitable series of costs after 7 years is unfair.

I would say the second we go through a sustained period of underachieving is when we can look at whether he is worthy of his position. In my mind that isn’t even close to have happened yet. We have just possible reached the climax of a continuous era of unspeakable success. Who is to say it ends there? For my money we have not underachieved yet.

As I said previously, the only thing I think is what would make me consider his position is his handling and part he played in the takeover. However I have come to the conclusion it is better the devil you know on that front - why do we think someone completely unrelated to the club or area would act in a better manner as opposed to a selfish one - again I suggest it is unrealistic to think they would.

“Well I think it was inevitable we would get relegated as costs dwarfed us. That has clearly happened, hence the need for a massive balancing of the books. “

Last season Curt said we had “something like £30m worth of players out on loan “ - not to mention paying a large chunk of their wages. Add Ayew to that and the £30m we spunked on Bony and Clucas...

Balancing the books isn’t in doubt, neither is the reason why we have to so drastically - and it has nothing to do with inevitability.
When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 10:56 - Jul 29 with 1000 viewsE20Jack

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 10:48 - Jul 29 by MattG

B0llocks.

You were the one who added the condition that it only applied to games we were expected to win. "I would like to think that would be in context to a period of time where we are expected to win games." That's a caveat, right there.

We were in the PL and losing games - he said if that continued then his position would be untenable. It continued but he remains in post.

Nothing bollox about it.

I didn’t add anything. You asked me what underachieving meant. I certainly did not state it with a quote from him.

It is not a caveat. A caveat would be something to get out of what he said, yet in this instance it can only be a caveat to what you made up that he said - so it cannot be a caveat. As what he actually said and what you claim he said are not the same.

He said he would CONSIDER his position if relegated. He also said we cannot continue to not win games - but you added a period of time to that - one that did not marry to what he actually said when asked directly.

This is a bit like the next level quote where everyone made up what he said and got annoyed about it.

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 10:59 - Jul 29 with 992 viewsE20Jack

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 10:52 - Jul 29 by MattG

So at the start of last season was the expectation that we would remain in the PL?

Depends who you talk to.

I was certainly on the fence. Yet when it became clear how we were not able to fill the holes in the squad I would be quietly confident that not many expected to survive. And in hindsight it is a miracle we did the year previously - we have been punching above our weight for a long time. Most other clubs in our position would have succumbed to relegation years ago.

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 11:01 - Jul 29 with 986 viewsMattG

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 10:56 - Jul 29 by E20Jack

Nothing bollox about it.

I didn’t add anything. You asked me what underachieving meant. I certainly did not state it with a quote from him.

It is not a caveat. A caveat would be something to get out of what he said, yet in this instance it can only be a caveat to what you made up that he said - so it cannot be a caveat. As what he actually said and what you claim he said are not the same.

He said he would CONSIDER his position if relegated. He also said we cannot continue to not win games - but you added a period of time to that - one that did not marry to what he actually said when asked directly.

This is a bit like the next level quote where everyone made up what he said and got annoyed about it.

I didn't make up anything - Jenkins himself said that his position would be untenable if we continued not winning games. It continued, we got relegated, he remains in post.

You added a condition to his words - "I would like to think that would be in context to a period of time where we are expected to win games" - not me.
When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 11:02 - Jul 29 with 980 viewsE20Jack

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 10:56 - Jul 29 by WarwickHunt

“Well I think it was inevitable we would get relegated as costs dwarfed us. That has clearly happened, hence the need for a massive balancing of the books. “

Last season Curt said we had “something like £30m worth of players out on loan “ - not to mention paying a large chunk of their wages. Add Ayew to that and the £30m we spunked on Bony and Clucas...

Balancing the books isn’t in doubt, neither is the reason why we have to so drastically - and it has nothing to do with inevitability.

Of course it does, to think we should be different to every other club in history and keep making signings that successfully slip into our side is bordering on laughable. The longer you stay there the more chance you will make signings that don’t fit.

It will happen to every single club, even the top clubs. Yet they can afford to continually take the hit, which is why everyone outside the big 6/7 get relegated. Everyone.

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 11:04 - Jul 29 with 979 viewsMattG

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 10:59 - Jul 29 by E20Jack

Depends who you talk to.

I was certainly on the fence. Yet when it became clear how we were not able to fill the holes in the squad I would be quietly confident that not many expected to survive. And in hindsight it is a miracle we did the year previously - we have been punching above our weight for a long time. Most other clubs in our position would have succumbed to relegation years ago.

So because our squad was weakened, expectations were reduced which means that the standards you want us to judge Jenkins against are similarly reduced.

You can't keep reducing expectations (particularly when he plays a central role in determining the quality of the squad) and then pointing to that as an excuse for keeping him in post.
When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 11:05 - Jul 29 with 976 viewsE20Jack

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 11:01 - Jul 29 by MattG

I didn't make up anything - Jenkins himself said that his position would be untenable if we continued not winning games. It continued, we got relegated, he remains in post.

You added a condition to his words - "I would like to think that would be in context to a period of time where we are expected to win games" - not me.

You did, you said that he stated he would resign if we got relegated - he didn’t.

He said he would consider it.

He said his position would become untenable if we continued not winning games, he didn’t give a timescale. We clearly were not going to win every single game for the rest of time so it is disingenuous to state “we continued so he should go”. We will always fail to win games. Always.

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 11:06 - Jul 29 with 972 viewsjacktheripper

600k a year. He aint going anywhere. Even if he did find himself unemployed he'd be beating them off at Jenkins Towers with all the offers of Chairmanships coming in!
When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 11:06 - Jul 29 with 972 viewsangryjack

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 10:51 - Jul 29 by E20Jack

Well nobody has been capable of keeping a side our size in the PL for longer than Jenkins without external funds before.

So who do we get?

He never kept us in the premier league,,,he's taking credit for good work by the managers and the clubs money,I know he employed 3 or 4 good managers but the y applied for the job and it was down to luck,,when he started head hunting managers ie monk Bradley ect that's when his rubbish experience shone through
When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 11:08 - Jul 29 with 960 viewsWarwickHunt

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 10:51 - Jul 29 by E20Jack

So who do we get?

Someone who could make better use of £80m on transfers...

What’s Benny from Crossroads doing these days?
When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 11:09 - Jul 29 with 959 viewsMattG

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 11:05 - Jul 29 by E20Jack

You did, you said that he stated he would resign if we got relegated - he didn’t.

He said he would consider it.

He said his position would become untenable if we continued not winning games, he didn’t give a timescale. We clearly were not going to win every single game for the rest of time so it is disingenuous to state “we continued so he should go”. We will always fail to win games. Always.

What I actually said was "What about his own statement just over 6 months ago that relegation would make his position untenable?" Continuing to lose games would inevitably result in relegation. We continued to lose games. He remains in post.

If the remainder of the last PL season was an unreasonable timescale, what would yours be? Or do we just leave that to Jenkins to decide?
When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 11:09 - Jul 29 with 953 viewsE20Jack

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 11:04 - Jul 29 by MattG

So because our squad was weakened, expectations were reduced which means that the standards you want us to judge Jenkins against are similarly reduced.

You can't keep reducing expectations (particularly when he plays a central role in determining the quality of the squad) and then pointing to that as an excuse for keeping him in post.

Not because our squad was weakened, no. Because of the inevitable spiralling costs that led to a weakened squad.

Everything has to be judged in context. Would you judge me in a 100m spirit the same pre leg amputeeed as post? Or does success and failure represent an ever moving picture depending on circumstances?

As I said, we should be fairly competitive in the Championship. Costs won’t spiral the longer we stay there and history suggests you can quite conceivably stay there for years and years - so underachieving at this level and we can ask questions.

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 11:13 - Jul 29 with 942 viewsJack11

Costs have only spiralled because of his indisputable failings as de facto director of football.
When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 11:14 - Jul 29 with 936 viewsE20Jack

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 11:09 - Jul 29 by MattG

What I actually said was "What about his own statement just over 6 months ago that relegation would make his position untenable?" Continuing to lose games would inevitably result in relegation. We continued to lose games. He remains in post.

If the remainder of the last PL season was an unreasonable timescale, what would yours be? Or do we just leave that to Jenkins to decide?

Yes and that wasn’t his statement was it. At no point did he state that relegation would see his position become untenable.

You asked me this already and then you accused me of “adding it”. I think it would be reasonable to include a timeframe where we are losing matches we are expected to win, I expected we would win in the last day - we didnt but wouldnt say that is a fair sample size of “continuing”, no.

So if we continue not winning games at a level I feel we should be competitive at, then I will feel questioning his ability is justified.

Currently the only justifiable angle of attack his the takeover and his part in that. But my question would be who do you think will take over? Pearlman? Someone else? And why you believe they will bring more success than Jenkins has brought or have their own interests at heart less than Jenkins?
[Post edited 29 Jul 2018 11:17]

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 11:15 - Jul 29 with 933 viewsMattG

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 11:09 - Jul 29 by E20Jack

Not because our squad was weakened, no. Because of the inevitable spiralling costs that led to a weakened squad.

Everything has to be judged in context. Would you judge me in a 100m spirit the same pre leg amputeeed as post? Or does success and failure represent an ever moving picture depending on circumstances?

As I said, we should be fairly competitive in the Championship. Costs won’t spiral the longer we stay there and history suggests you can quite conceivably stay there for years and years - so underachieving at this level and we can ask questions.

You said "Yet when it became clear how we were not able to fill the holes in the squad I would be quietly confident that not many expected to survive." So the quality of the squad (however that came about) reduced expectations.

As for your analogy, I'm not sure what the amputation would equate to in Jenkins's situation - the Yanks taking over maybe?
When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 11:16 - Jul 29 with 917 viewsE20Jack

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 11:13 - Jul 29 by Jack11

Costs have only spiralled because of his indisputable failings as de facto director of football.

Nope. Costs spiralling is a theme seen at every single football club that is promoted if they manage to survive. The longer they stay the more their outgoings become, until they can no longer function and get relegated - which is why all clubs our size do. Every single one.

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 11:19 - Jul 29 with 907 viewsmoonie

Consider this.
We paid 16 m for Clucas to replace the admirable ,reliable
Clucas is pretty much worthless

Liverpool paid 13 m for Shaqiri who ll be worth, I would suggest 50 m when time comes to sell

I did have the heart to top up the fees for Mesa,bony,baston, Ayew as its the Sabbath and I don't want to throw any pussy into the river
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024