Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? 21:20 - Jul 28 with 24192 viewsSwansea93

I appreciate the attempts last season of certain groups trying to start some chants and protests, and I'm not jumping the gun and being negative here, but since Huw said he'd step down if we were relegated and he's still here is abit of joke, he's hired Potter and hasn't given him any backing in the market as of yet and is clearly calling the shots still. When are we all actually going to get Jenkins out because I don't think we can 'rebuild' with him still here, how many fans are actually going to forgive him for the sh!te he's caused the last few years? With Andre Ayew leaving on loan is a prime example of how Huw has run the club the past few years, big money signings on big wages leaving for next to nothing. Yes we all appreciate what he and others did for the club all them years ago, but we've moved on since that and we're talking about now & the future which he has shat on.

Eder, Tabanou, Borja, Ayew, Bony, Clucas, Ngog, Mesa to name a few of his signings that have all cost a club of our size a fortune,not to mention the questionable decisions he's made e.g not bringing Allen back when he had the chance, handing out long contracts to squad players who weren't playing in the first team. He stated we'd learn from mistakes which they clearly havent it's the same old story every time, we start the season in 7 days and we have signed 1 player officially for the '1st team' and if we start off bad Potter is going to get the blame for this whilst Huw is tucked up in his directors box getting away with all the sh!t.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 09:37 - Jul 29 with 1644 viewsjack247

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 09:26 - Jul 29 by E20Jack

But I think it is unfair to do that as it isn’t in context. The job got harder - as it obviously would, history suggests that. The longer you say there the harder it is to remain competitive, costs explode. When you add our very limited income outside of the TV money added plus the spine of our team needing replacing then failure is eventually inevitable. This is why only the top 6/7 would have stayed at that level longer than us should we have stayed up at Southampton’s expense.

The blot on his copybook (and a signifficant one) is the takeover. If he hadn’t conducted the takeover in the way he did then the questions regarding his ability would be looked at a lot more realistically than shoehorning facts and looking at results between pre selected dates to give a pre determined outcome, without any context.

What I will concede is unfair, is bringing up the likes of Eder and Tabanou without crediting him for the successful signings he has overseen. If we’re going to look at it with context and balance, then yes, we have punched above our weight for a long time.

However you look at it, his overall tenure has been a success. That doesn’t mean we should write the last two or three years off as inevitable and his earlier success shouldn’t buy him a free pass indefinitely.
When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 09:38 - Jul 29 with 1642 viewsMattG

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 09:31 - Jul 29 by E20Jack

He didn’t say that.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/dec/29/huw-jenkins-swansea-biggest-reg

"So, yes, I take responsibility for it. I don’t totally agree my position is how they say it. I think if we continue as we are, yes it will be. If we continue on this path of hardly winning games, yes, I have no doubt it is [untenable]."
When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 09:46 - Jul 29 with 1615 viewsE20Jack

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 09:38 - Jul 29 by MattG

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/dec/29/huw-jenkins-swansea-biggest-reg

"So, yes, I take responsibility for it. I don’t totally agree my position is how they say it. I think if we continue as we are, yes it will be. If we continue on this path of hardly winning games, yes, I have no doubt it is [untenable]."

Yes. He didn’t say if we get relegated, there is no cut off there.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 09:52 - Jul 29 with 1602 viewsE20Jack

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 09:37 - Jul 29 by jack247

What I will concede is unfair, is bringing up the likes of Eder and Tabanou without crediting him for the successful signings he has overseen. If we’re going to look at it with context and balance, then yes, we have punched above our weight for a long time.

However you look at it, his overall tenure has been a success. That doesn’t mean we should write the last two or three years off as inevitable and his earlier success shouldn’t buy him a free pass indefinitely.

But it was inevitable if we are being realistic.

Why do we belong with the likes of Man United, Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs and Everton as the longest current serving PL clubs to date?

If it isn’t inevitable then why has every single club outside the top 7 failed to stay there for so long? We are Swansea City wth a stadium that isn’t even a particularly big Championship one.

To think it was not inevitable that we would eventually go back down is unrealistic beyond words. The fact we were one of the longest serving present PL clubs up until last year is stuff films are made of, utterly incredible stuff rarely seen in football today.

Costs were eventually going to swamp us and they knew that.

His success won’t give him a free pass indefinitely, if he presides over an era of underachievement then I think we can then start to discuss it. I don’t happen to think relegation was an under achievement after 7 years. It was something that happens in nearly all cases - that’s if they even get to that length of time.

We should now be fairly competitive at Championship level. If we aren’t, then he can be questioned regarding ability in my view.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2018 9:58]

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 09:56 - Jul 29 with 1589 viewsMattG

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 09:46 - Jul 29 by E20Jack

Yes. He didn’t say if we get relegated, there is no cut off there.

You're really making that argument?

Jesus wept.
When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 10:01 - Jul 29 with 1575 viewsE20Jack

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 09:56 - Jul 29 by MattG

You're really making that argument?

Jesus wept.

It isn’t an argument. He said if we continue not winning many games his position would be untenable. I would like to think that would be in context to a period of time where we are expected to win games. You took that as relegation.

However in the same interview when asked directly about relegation his answer did not marry up to the above, as he said “he would consider it” in that scenario. So surely you would have to say relegation was not necessarily what he was referring to.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2018 10:03]

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 10:04 - Jul 29 with 1573 viewsmoonie

7 yrs ago.
Seven years ago.
As long as we have fans that think like that ,we re doomed ,truly.

Transfer market ... we or rather Jenkins has a catalogue of fook ups, he s lost the club and the owners tens of millions of pounds I'm not sure this qualifies him to remain.
Obviously he has no decency or self respect so the owners should have binned him last season .

He will carry on losing is money

Questions is will we get out of this .

Pompey ,Coventry ,Bradford ,all have significant fan bases far more loyal than ours and it's why they ve survived in business . It's entirely possible we really could go down the tube very very quickly if this clown is not removed and the club sold to someone with some business acumen O really do fear .

Any support of Jenkins must be challenged as anything positive he did is ancient history . We are where we are and really we ve got to stop going on about past glories, under Laudrup and how great the likes of De Guzman was ... It's gone .

The coffee is getting cold
When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 10:06 - Jul 29 with 1571 viewsjack247

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 09:52 - Jul 29 by E20Jack

But it was inevitable if we are being realistic.

Why do we belong with the likes of Man United, Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs and Everton as the longest current serving PL clubs to date?

If it isn’t inevitable then why has every single club outside the top 7 failed to stay there for so long? We are Swansea City wth a stadium that isn’t even a particularly big Championship one.

To think it was not inevitable that we would eventually go back down is unrealistic beyond words. The fact we were one of the longest serving present PL clubs up until last year is stuff films are made of, utterly incredible stuff rarely seen in football today.

Costs were eventually going to swamp us and they knew that.

His success won’t give him a free pass indefinitely, if he presides over an era of underachievement then I think we can then start to discuss it. I don’t happen to think relegation was an under achievement after 7 years. It was something that happens in nearly all cases - that’s if they even get to that length of time.

We should now be fairly competitive at Championship level. If we aren’t, then he can be questioned regarding ability in my view.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2018 9:58]

Getting relegated as some point was inevitable yes, I wasn’t trying to dispute that.

Excusing the last couple of seasons because of that is what I disagree with. We became a shadow of our former selves in a very short space of time. The fact that we had a great decade or so on his watch doesn’t mean he is not accountable for the shambles that followed it.
Login to get fewer ads

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 10:08 - Jul 29 with 1564 viewsE20Jack

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 10:04 - Jul 29 by moonie

7 yrs ago.
Seven years ago.
As long as we have fans that think like that ,we re doomed ,truly.

Transfer market ... we or rather Jenkins has a catalogue of fook ups, he s lost the club and the owners tens of millions of pounds I'm not sure this qualifies him to remain.
Obviously he has no decency or self respect so the owners should have binned him last season .

He will carry on losing is money

Questions is will we get out of this .

Pompey ,Coventry ,Bradford ,all have significant fan bases far more loyal than ours and it's why they ve survived in business . It's entirely possible we really could go down the tube very very quickly if this clown is not removed and the club sold to someone with some business acumen O really do fear .

Any support of Jenkins must be challenged as anything positive he did is ancient history . We are where we are and really we ve got to stop going on about past glories, under Laudrup and how great the likes of De Guzman was ... It's gone .

The coffee is getting cold

Well no, not 7 years ago.

We have been in the Premier League for 7 years, it’s not the same thing. We were a Premier League club a matter of months ago, which is remarkable in itself. I genuinely think it was a miracle we stayed up the year before. The second half of the season was literally incredible to perform how we did, with what we did.

Wasn’t it our most successful half season in our PL era?
[Post edited 29 Jul 2018 10:27]

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 10:15 - Jul 29 with 1560 viewsMattG

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 10:01 - Jul 29 by E20Jack

It isn’t an argument. He said if we continue not winning many games his position would be untenable. I would like to think that would be in context to a period of time where we are expected to win games. You took that as relegation.

However in the same interview when asked directly about relegation his answer did not marry up to the above, as he said “he would consider it” in that scenario. So surely you would have to say relegation was not necessarily what he was referring to.

So if not relegation then when?

What if we lose games in the Championship leading to relegation to League 1 - untenable? Or do we then say that, because of our weakened squad, we never really expected to win many games so that's OK.

We then lose games in League 1 leading to relegation to League 2 - untenable? Or does the same rationale apply?
When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 10:16 - Jul 29 with 1558 viewsmoonie

Morning.
Ive interpreted it to be the fact he s been in situ for seven years and should be judged for his overall record.

No?

It doesn't matter about what he did seven years ago or how well he did to lead us into the Prem .

NOW ,we are a shambles with overpaid ,unfit,crocked players and managers going like swing doors. We are losing money on shocking players . We still have appalling deadwood so I won't mention the obvious so as not to make this grey rainy day any worse
When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 10:17 - Jul 29 with 1550 viewsE20Jack

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 10:06 - Jul 29 by jack247

Getting relegated as some point was inevitable yes, I wasn’t trying to dispute that.

Excusing the last couple of seasons because of that is what I disagree with. We became a shadow of our former selves in a very short space of time. The fact that we had a great decade or so on his watch doesn’t mean he is not accountable for the shambles that followed it.

Ok, so if you agree getting relegated is inevitable and presumably because of looking at history and the reasons why it is inevitable (costs soaring) - then in what scenario would you look at it as inevitable? I would say the last few seasons is the epitome of what we have seen as ‘inevitable’ from clubs our size.

So it isn’t so much excuses but reasons. We both agree it was inevitable, we both understand why. So why is everyone mad? Being level headed as we discussed on the Martinez thread, it looks an awful lot like irrational hurt again rather than logical examination of what happened and what realistically should have been expected to happen.

Do we think Brighton will be there in 7 years time? They had an incredible year last year. Do we think they will be able to continue that style and be successful over that period of time? I would say almost certainly no - would that mean they would be a shambles and have failed? No.

Natural cycle of things, again history (and common sense) tells us this.

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 10:17 - Jul 29 with 1552 viewsWarwickHunt

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 05:42 - Jul 29 by tylagarwjack

He did a far better job when he just selected managers who would play the way that best suited our playing staff, which brought great continuity as well as avoiding the costly business of overhauling the playing staff each time a new manager came in.

Once he decided to take control of player recruitment and away from the manager (post laudrup) then that is when the decline set in, and it was only the performances of key individuals, Williams, Gylfi, Llorente that meant we stayed up as long as we did.

He was defacto director of football (playing real life football manager) role he was not remotely qualified to perform, and our long list of bad signings (most expensive ones below) post Laudrup is clear evidence of this:-

Bony (2nd time) - hadn’t played for two years, not playing for Man City is one thing, not getting a game for Stoke is another thing entirely, there was a huge clue there! Ok Llorente had to go as he had a year left and wasn’t going to sign another contract but to replace him with Bony, awful decision and one that was foreseeable, not just with hindsight!

Clucas - not a bad player but we over paid and we signed him when we were crying out for a number 10, madness!

Baston - our system was based on a target man (lone striker) and so we spend £15m on a player who just by looking at him clearly can’t perform that role!

Andre Ayew (2nd time) - we did good business selling a player that we never really knew how to use properly first time round and then largely negated that by giving West Ham almost alll their money back for a player who was 18 months older and who hadn’t hit the same heights since leaving us! This was obviously a desperate signing as our position in the table clearly limited our options in terms of who would sign for us in January.

It’s not all his fault of course, no doubt the extremely painful process of selling Gylfi and wasting valuable time by delaying a transfer that was always going to happen for the sake of a few million was no doubt down to Levien/Kaplan, as was the appointment of Brad Bobley, with the predictably farcical results.

I’ve always thought, leave football matters to the footballing professionals, the minute Jenkins thought he knew better was the start of our decline.

The fact that control has been given back to Potter is a start, but he has got one hell of a job on his hands, and the fact that it’s taken until a week before the season starts to get rid of enough of the higher earners to allow new players to come in (and who knows, we still may not be finished with the departures, J Ayew, Mawson likely to go) is seriously going to make Potter’s job even harder as we now have only 11 days or so to bring in permanent signings, and he then has to try and bed in what he can bring in when the season has started.

On the subject of Bony, unfortunately I think we are stuck with him until January, he obviously wouldn’t pass a medical at the moment. As his wages were rumoured to be the highest of any player at the club I just hope there is a relegation clause in his contract.

So, a huge mess, and one that Jenkins has played a big role in creating, and so, despite the fact that he had some credit in the bank from up until the end of the Laudrup era, he should go.

He should go anyway purely because of his conduct during the sale of the club to venture capitalists, but add in the mess he has created then it should be a slam dunk but somehow he clings on.

While the Americans are in charge, I don’t think we will ever have a united club, but, the Americans could improve their image amongst the fans by removing Jenkins and Dineen from their roles (and ideally removing their director privileges, but would obviously have to buy their remaining shares to do that so not going to happen).

The fact that the Jenkins and Dineen still have their noses in the trough and are still benefiting financially from the club (while not doing a very good job) having made a huge profit on the sale of their shares is antagonistic to some fans, and if we start the season badly (and with the squad at the moment that is very possible) then the atmosphere in the stadium could get very toxic, which helps no one, least of all Potter and the players.

All round it’s better for everyone if they just go, but unfortunately, just can’t see it happening.

Spot. Fûcking. On.
When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 10:22 - Jul 29 with 1535 viewsDrizzy

Getting relegated was always inevitable.

Getting relegated spunking tens of millions on desperately poor transfers and the sacking of painfully unqualified managers along with a duplicitous sale of the club to venture capitalists was certainly not inevitable.

Huw Jenkins (Chairman) did a fantastic job.

Huw Jenkins (Director of Football) was an unmitigated and frustratingly predictable disaster.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 10:22 - Jul 29 with 1532 viewsE20Jack

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 10:16 - Jul 29 by moonie

Morning.
Ive interpreted it to be the fact he s been in situ for seven years and should be judged for his overall record.

No?

It doesn't matter about what he did seven years ago or how well he did to lead us into the Prem .

NOW ,we are a shambles with overpaid ,unfit,crocked players and managers going like swing doors. We are losing money on shocking players . We still have appalling deadwood so I won't mention the obvious so as not to make this grey rainy day any worse

He’s been in situ for an awful lot longer than 7 years. We were in league 2 facing oblivion when he took over.

I said we should judge his PL era on his PL era. That doesn’t mean “he did well 7 years ago” as you stated. We were a PL team a matter of a few months ago, something many would never have dreamed 7 years ago, let alone 15.

Everyone will be overpaid after 7 years of PL football. That’s isnt failure it’s the natural order of things.

Brighton’s wage bill is what? £35m? (Guess). What you reckon it will be in 7 years time if they stay there? £70m? £80m? That is a result of staying there.

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 10:27 - Jul 29 with 1516 viewsjack247

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 10:17 - Jul 29 by E20Jack

Ok, so if you agree getting relegated is inevitable and presumably because of looking at history and the reasons why it is inevitable (costs soaring) - then in what scenario would you look at it as inevitable? I would say the last few seasons is the epitome of what we have seen as ‘inevitable’ from clubs our size.

So it isn’t so much excuses but reasons. We both agree it was inevitable, we both understand why. So why is everyone mad? Being level headed as we discussed on the Martinez thread, it looks an awful lot like irrational hurt again rather than logical examination of what happened and what realistically should have been expected to happen.

Do we think Brighton will be there in 7 years time? They had an incredible year last year. Do we think they will be able to continue that style and be successful over that period of time? I would say almost certainly no - would that mean they would be a shambles and have failed? No.

Natural cycle of things, again history (and common sense) tells us this.

Do you honestly think he merits his job at the moment? Not has he done well over the last decade, we both agree on that.

Brighton going down in 7 years wouldn’t make the 7 year period a shambles and failure. If they had 3 incredible years, 2 quite acceptable years then 2 terrible years culminating in a shambolic, listless, relegation, an unsuccessful firesale and a manager going into the Championship with one hand tied behind his back (squad wise), then they would be a shambles at that particular moment in time.

The fact that they would always have gone down at some point wouldn’t mean the last season would have been acceptable, particularly if like us, they were clearly financially unprepared for relegation.
When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 10:29 - Jul 29 with 1505 viewsE20Jack

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 10:15 - Jul 29 by MattG

So if not relegation then when?

What if we lose games in the Championship leading to relegation to League 1 - untenable? Or do we then say that, because of our weakened squad, we never really expected to win many games so that's OK.

We then lose games in League 1 leading to relegation to League 2 - untenable? Or does the same rationale apply?

If we are underachieving.

I don’t think being relegated after 7 years and winning a major trophy on the way is underachieving. It is something that almost no club our size has managed to achieve (have any?).
[Post edited 29 Jul 2018 10:30]

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 10:32 - Jul 29 with 1491 viewsMattG

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 10:29 - Jul 29 by E20Jack

I don’t think being relegated after 7 years and winning a major trophy on the way is underachieving. It is something that almost no club our size has managed to achieve (have any?).

And what does "underachieving" look like in E20 land?

Considering how the quality of our squad has deteriorated over the last few years (and looks likely to again base on the transfer window so far) then it becomes a constantly moving target.
When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 10:37 - Jul 29 with 1467 viewsMattG

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 10:01 - Jul 29 by E20Jack

Just as an aside, the only person who has tried to caveat Jenkins's comments is you. If he meant it in the way you are choosing to interpret it, he should have said that supporter expectations of winning games in the PL were unrealistic and that we should be targeting more winnable games at a lower level.

He actually said "I think if we continue as we are, yes it will be." At that point we were losing games in the PL and continued to do so. Or do the few wins we got during the Carvalhal bounce get him off the hook?
When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 10:37 - Jul 29 with 1466 viewsawayjack

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 10:22 - Jul 29 by Drizzy

Getting relegated was always inevitable.

Getting relegated spunking tens of millions on desperately poor transfers and the sacking of painfully unqualified managers along with a duplicitous sale of the club to venture capitalists was certainly not inevitable.

Huw Jenkins (Chairman) did a fantastic job.

Huw Jenkins (Director of Football) was an unmitigated and frustratingly predictable disaster.

He did a great job as Chairman until he abused that position with series of lies to push through the sale to the Hedge Fund for his personal benefit as shareholder. A classic conflict of interest where he prioritised his greed over the best interests of club. That's not a decent Chairman. I don't think even the 'Jenkins die hards' still believe the lies about 'investment to get to the next level' or the fable that the fans / trust we involved in negotiations.
When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 10:37 - Jul 29 with 1462 viewsE20Jack

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 10:27 - Jul 29 by jack247

Do you honestly think he merits his job at the moment? Not has he done well over the last decade, we both agree on that.

Brighton going down in 7 years wouldn’t make the 7 year period a shambles and failure. If they had 3 incredible years, 2 quite acceptable years then 2 terrible years culminating in a shambolic, listless, relegation, an unsuccessful firesale and a manager going into the Championship with one hand tied behind his back (squad wise), then they would be a shambles at that particular moment in time.

The fact that they would always have gone down at some point wouldn’t mean the last season would have been acceptable, particularly if like us, they were clearly financially unprepared for relegation.

Well I think it was inevitable we would get relegated as costs dwarfed us. That has clearly happened, hence the need for a massive balancing of the books.

So considering we both think when that happens that relegation is inevitable then to say someone doesn’t merit their job after presiding over the most successful era in our history due to an inevitable series of costs after 7 years is unfair.

I would say the second we go through a sustained period of underachieving is when we can look at whether he is worthy of his position. In my mind that isn’t even close to have happened yet. We have just possible reached the climax of a continuous era of unspeakable success. Who is to say it ends there? For my money we have not underachieved yet.

As I said previously, the only thing I think is what would make me consider his position is his handling and part he played in the takeover. However I have come to the conclusion it is better the devil you know on that front - why do we think someone completely unrelated to the club or area would act in a better manner as opposed to a selfish one - again I suggest it is unrealistic to think they would.

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 10:39 - Jul 29 with 1458 viewsBobbyBacala

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 10:29 - Jul 29 by E20Jack

Wigan.

Though that shows how rare it is. Of recent clubs in the Premier League 'our size' (though that's hard to define) - Norwich yo-yoed, Bournemouth have lasted haven't made any progress in the cup and Brighton and Huddersfield only have a season under their belts.
When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 10:42 - Jul 29 with 1447 viewsE20Jack

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 10:32 - Jul 29 by MattG

And what does "underachieving" look like in E20 land?

Considering how the quality of our squad has deteriorated over the last few years (and looks likely to again base on the transfer window so far) then it becomes a constantly moving target.

Of course it is a constantly moving target.

7 years ago we would have killed for 37 points and scraping goal difference survival - a few years later it would have been seen as a failure - last year it would have been celebrated like a Cup win.

So underachieving in “E20 World” looks like underachieving any other sensible world. It certainly doesn’t look like ending one of the longest serving PL eras in a club our size in the history of the league that’s for sure.

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 10:42 - Jul 29 with 1447 viewsSmellyplumz

He's a freeloading cůnt nothing more

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 10:44 - Jul 29 with 1445 viewsMattG

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 10:42 - Jul 29 by E20Jack

Of course it is a constantly moving target.

7 years ago we would have killed for 37 points and scraping goal difference survival - a few years later it would have been seen as a failure - last year it would have been celebrated like a Cup win.

So underachieving in “E20 World” looks like underachieving any other sensible world. It certainly doesn’t look like ending one of the longest serving PL eras in a club our size in the history of the league that’s for sure.

OK so back to my earlier question - if we lose a load of games this season and end up relegated to League 1 is Jenkins's position untenable or does he get off the hook again because of the quality of our squad?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024