Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Released/Retained list 15:45 - May 11 with 23676 viewsaston_hoop

Pick through this and make sense of it

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/retained-list-100523/

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Released/Retained list on 19:05 - May 11 with 2535 viewsE15Hoop

Released/Retained list on 18:55 - May 11 by PunteR

Mate your becoming a parady of yourself.
We're not stupid. We can see what's been going on at the club for the last decade.
I'm not sure what your point is. Your like that Paul Whitehouse character where everything is "Brilliant!"

Thanks for that reasoned and well thought through response.
Maybe I should become like everyone else then, and just go around saying, "You know what its all f*cking sh*t and no-one's got a f*cking clue".
I don't remember ever turning around and describing the situation we find ourselves in as "Brilliant". I just believe that there is reason why decisions are being made the way they're being made - or let's go with the alternative viewpoint that actually there's a bunch of people in various management positions who are going out of their way to make various desisions which are detrimental to the long-term health of the club and (a.) consistently lying to the board about how much money is being spent and (b) covering up their tracks well enough to make sure they don't get found out., and (c.) Have done it so well that a board who have run the club for 10 years haven't managed to work out how their painfully amassed fortunes have disappeared consistently into thin air.
I would respectfully suggest that my viepoint is slightly less of a fantasty than that one.
Released/Retained list on 19:07 - May 11 with 2512 viewsHammersmithR

Fills me with dread we are in talks with Martin. The bloke did a job for us this season but we need to do better for next season. I cannot take another 12 months of 2 lumps up top as we pump endless balls up to Dykes and Martin. Recipe for League 1 football. The fact we are in discussions with these players shows we have no desire to finish mid table next season. Nailed on for relegation now next season. Signings like Martin won’t help with selling season tickets either.
Released/Retained list on 19:12 - May 11 with 2473 viewsjoe90

Released/Retained list on 16:10 - May 11 by Toast_R

Shame about Amos. had high hopes for him but the injuries have ruined him.

I liked Amos, unfortunately injuries got the better of him. I think he can leave with his head held high.

Released/Retained list on 19:13 - May 11 with 2469 viewsBklynRanger

Released/Retained list on 19:05 - May 11 by E15Hoop

Thanks for that reasoned and well thought through response.
Maybe I should become like everyone else then, and just go around saying, "You know what its all f*cking sh*t and no-one's got a f*cking clue".
I don't remember ever turning around and describing the situation we find ourselves in as "Brilliant". I just believe that there is reason why decisions are being made the way they're being made - or let's go with the alternative viewpoint that actually there's a bunch of people in various management positions who are going out of their way to make various desisions which are detrimental to the long-term health of the club and (a.) consistently lying to the board about how much money is being spent and (b) covering up their tracks well enough to make sure they don't get found out., and (c.) Have done it so well that a board who have run the club for 10 years haven't managed to work out how their painfully amassed fortunes have disappeared consistently into thin air.
I would respectfully suggest that my viepoint is slightly less of a fantasty than that one.

I have had a couple of drinks so I'm just going to ask this in a genuine way, and I know I may have missed a few things.

E15, have you been on the board before using a different name? Honestly just curious - you can tell me to fcuk off, it won't affect your standing .

Did you come from another board? You have a good engine I'll say that - we could do with you next season mate!
Released/Retained list on 19:18 - May 11 with 2415 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Released/Retained list on 18:36 - May 11 by PunteR

He was on the end of the majority of chances we created in the last game, albeit he didn't score.

Isn't that the point though. The scoring bit.?

Released/Retained list on 19:19 - May 11 with 2413 viewsE15Hoop

Released/Retained list on 19:13 - May 11 by BklynRanger

I have had a couple of drinks so I'm just going to ask this in a genuine way, and I know I may have missed a few things.

E15, have you been on the board before using a different name? Honestly just curious - you can tell me to fcuk off, it won't affect your standing .

Did you come from another board? You have a good engine I'll say that - we could do with you next season mate!

No, Fella, I have been a proud member of this board for a few years and have always been me. I just happen to have been somewhat p*ssed off as late by the somewhat one-sided nature of the comments that I've seen on here and have been more motivated than usual to put my two pennies on here, supported by a few like-minded friends amongst our little community.
I generally only post when i have been inspired to do so, which is why you've seen more of me than previously, and generally try to make sure that a balance is kept where I feel I can.
Thanks for the compliment (at least I assume it was one!)
Released/Retained list on 19:20 - May 11 with 2400 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Released/Retained list on 18:42 - May 11 by BklynRanger

I love/hate the word 'albeit' - one of the few remaining bastions of this fair lexicon but largely meaningless

One of the few remaining bastions of this fair lexicon albeit a little unloved.
Released/Retained list on 19:23 - May 11 with 2379 viewsBklynRanger

Released/Retained list on 19:19 - May 11 by E15Hoop

No, Fella, I have been a proud member of this board for a few years and have always been me. I just happen to have been somewhat p*ssed off as late by the somewhat one-sided nature of the comments that I've seen on here and have been more motivated than usual to put my two pennies on here, supported by a few like-minded friends amongst our little community.
I generally only post when i have been inspired to do so, which is why you've seen more of me than previously, and generally try to make sure that a balance is kept where I feel I can.

Fair enough. It was a compliment.
Login to get fewer ads

Released/Retained list on 19:27 - May 11 with 2342 viewsE15Hoop

Released/Retained list on 19:23 - May 11 by BklynRanger

Fair enough. It was a compliment.

Thanks! I've found out who my friends are over these last couple of weeks, so it's nice to make a new one!
Released/Retained list on 19:28 - May 11 with 2334 viewsQPR_Jim

They should stop talking to Martin, Archer and Duke-Mckenna asap.

I don't really know what they want Gubbins for, is he what we can afford on the bench these days? Masterson would appear to be the better bet, but there you go.
Released/Retained list on 19:29 - May 11 with 2329 viewslarsricchi

I want Taylor Richards to succeed. I believe he has potential to succeed. I certainly don't despise him nor feel the need to constantly deride him. Did the shoelaces moment, as bizarre as it was, break the camel’s back for you guys? The club did him and us no favors in shrouding his situation. Is there more to the story that I should know about? (I am aware of the death of someone close to him.) I just want to understand if the detractors are against him or the club’s decision to move for him in the first place.
Released/Retained list on 19:32 - May 11 with 2300 viewsE15Hoop

Released/Retained list on 18:30 - May 11 by HAMRanger

What where the off-field issues?

Clive will remember the details better than me, but I believe a close friend of a similar age lost his life unexpectedly and that had quite a profound effect on him.
Released/Retained list on 19:35 - May 11 with 2261 viewswesty

Released/Retained list on 17:28 - May 11 by Northernr

Once scored four in a game against Wycombe so...

Has scored goals recently, in a mediocre team that's punching above its weight in that league, and scores them with both feet which makes him look a bit of a cut above the level he's at. Also, budget concerns, we're going to have to take a few chances like that, and we weren't any good at buying strikers even when there was a little bit to spend. But, yeh, 29... no real indication prior to a recent hot streak... it would be a tall order.

We won’t be able to afford him unfortunately as I think he will have quite a few options and Cheltenham will want to cash in on him. Just what they want a few clubs interested and the price will be over and above what we could pay. Unless of course we do generate revenue from sales.
[Post edited 11 May 2023 19:45]
Released/Retained list on 19:36 - May 11 with 2242 viewsdistortR

Released/Retained list on 17:14 - May 11 by derbyhoop

No great surprises.
6 out, 1 in. To go with the 12 released from youth setups. Seems about right.
Amos gas been unlucky with injuries and it seemed to affect him mentally. We wish him well.

Martin is the controversial. Professional in approach but virtually immobile. Not exactly in.line with Dobbo's call for better fitness.
Gubbins as 4th choice CB instead if Masterson. Fine.
Drewe as a backup. OK

Except, if they didn't play Gubbins this year, when will they?
Martin did a job, top bloke, but he'll be a year older. He's probably holding out for 2 years, like Albert got. Why are the f'ckwits who got us into this position still making the decisions?
Released/Retained list on 19:37 - May 11 with 2228 viewsHAMRanger

Released/Retained list on 19:32 - May 11 by E15Hoop

Clive will remember the details better than me, but I believe a close friend of a similar age lost his life unexpectedly and that had quite a profound effect on him.

Ah OK. thanks for the info
Released/Retained list on 19:37 - May 11 with 2227 viewsBklynRanger

Released/Retained list on 19:27 - May 11 by E15Hoop

Thanks! I've found out who my friends are over these last couple of weeks, so it's nice to make a new one!

Well let's not go mad here! : )

Albeit, have you ever considered being part of a consumer-owned enterprise that allows you, the consumer, to build a team selling over 350 high-quality products in nutrition, beauty, personal care and home care?
Released/Retained list on 19:42 - May 11 with 2187 viewswesty

Released/Retained list on 19:19 - May 11 by E15Hoop

E15 for CEO
Gets my vote 👍
[Post edited 11 May 2023 19:43]
Released/Retained list on 19:43 - May 11 with 2187 viewsibnumber10

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65549007
All the different opinions on retaining players aside I found this article really interesting about AZ, I’d make it required reading for any of our owners / DoF etc before making decisions on players.
Released/Retained list on 20:15 - May 11 with 1963 viewsTK1

Released/Retained list on 17:34 - May 11 by E15Hoop

In Martin's case, presumably this is something that everyone's aware of, and, again, we're only on the outside looking in, aren't we?
Maybe they want him in mainly as a mentor, leading by example in training, utilising his experience in positioning, timing etc for the younger ones? Maybe its a sign that the vast majority of our signings are going to be at the much younger end of the spectrum?
I'm speculating as much, maybe more, than you are, but its not as if they're not looking at his stats every day, is it, so clearly there's a reason behind this that we're not privy to yet.

With respect to Chris Martin's "experience in positioning, timing" and any potential role as an off-field "mentor", Paul Furlong is on our coaching staff and Les Ferdinand is the director of football. Think we have "striker mentor/positioning guru" covered. We don't have the actual strikers. Chris Martin is 35 this year. Whatever the question, he cannot be the answer in 23-24. Unless, of course, Furlong and Ferdinand hold a clinic with Martin about to look less like a doorman and more like a dynamic top-level striker in your mid-30s.
Released/Retained list on 20:16 - May 11 with 1961 viewsBrianWilson

Released/Retained list on 19:36 - May 11 by distortR

Except, if they didn't play Gubbins this year, when will they?
Martin did a job, top bloke, but he'll be a year older. He's probably holding out for 2 years, like Albert got. Why are the f'ckwits who got us into this position still making the decisions?

Gubbins is a strange one. He couldn't get on the pitch this year when our centre halves were absolutely dreadful with us even pushing a midfeielder back instead.

"a diseased bunch of mofos if there ever was one, their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons." - Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

Released/Retained list on 20:52 - May 11 with 1823 viewsE15Hoop

Released/Retained list on 19:37 - May 11 by BklynRanger

Well let's not go mad here! : )

Albeit, have you ever considered being part of a consumer-owned enterprise that allows you, the consumer, to build a team selling over 350 high-quality products in nutrition, beauty, personal care and home care?

No I haven't, but thanks for the offer!
I'm currently busily occupied building a network of Chief Information Officers and Chief Information Security officers in mainly large enterprises and helping them find new ways to deal with their main operational pain points and challenges, so I shall politely decline, and wish you continued good fortune in your endeavours.
Released/Retained list on 20:57 - May 11 with 1798 viewsE15Hoop

Released/Retained list on 20:15 - May 11 by TK1

With respect to Chris Martin's "experience in positioning, timing" and any potential role as an off-field "mentor", Paul Furlong is on our coaching staff and Les Ferdinand is the director of football. Think we have "striker mentor/positioning guru" covered. We don't have the actual strikers. Chris Martin is 35 this year. Whatever the question, he cannot be the answer in 23-24. Unless, of course, Furlong and Ferdinand hold a clinic with Martin about to look less like a doorman and more like a dynamic top-level striker in your mid-30s.

You'll be surprised to hear that I sort of agree with you on this one, TK1.
I have long wondered why we don't hear of LF doing some one on one sessions with the strikers (or PF for that matter).
Again, I'm purely speculating, but there's clearly a reason that has to be justified to someone at some level.
Released/Retained list on 21:00 - May 11 with 1782 viewsE15Hoop

Released/Retained list on 19:42 - May 11 by westy

E15 for CEO
Gets my vote 👍
[Post edited 11 May 2023 19:43]

You my friend are someone I know I can rely on when I need a pick-me-up!
If I'm CEO, you can definitely be my Deputy
Released/Retained list on 21:01 - May 11 with 1770 viewswesty

Released/Retained list on 21:00 - May 11 by E15Hoop

You my friend are someone I know I can rely on when I need a pick-me-up!
If I'm CEO, you can definitely be my Deputy

Haha we got this mate
Released/Retained list on 21:02 - May 11 with 1749 viewsNed_Kennedys

Released/Retained list on 19:07 - May 11 by HammersmithR

Fills me with dread we are in talks with Martin. The bloke did a job for us this season but we need to do better for next season. I cannot take another 12 months of 2 lumps up top as we pump endless balls up to Dykes and Martin. Recipe for League 1 football. The fact we are in discussions with these players shows we have no desire to finish mid table next season. Nailed on for relegation now next season. Signings like Martin won’t help with selling season tickets either.

This post is a bit histrionic isn’t it? Nailed on for relegation because the club are in talks with Martin?
No way is he a regular starter but I’d have no problem with a pay as you play deal with him on the bench to come on and nick a few important goals. How many games this season have we literally had no forwards as subs?
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024