Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Released/Retained list 15:45 - May 11 with 23680 viewsaston_hoop

Pick through this and make sense of it

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/retained-list-100523/

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Released/Retained list on 10:46 - May 12 with 1931 viewsMonkey_Roots

Released/Retained list on 10:16 - May 12 by E15Hoop

I'm not looking to deride the alternative viewpoint. But when its being voiced so vehemently and with phrases that to me border on the slanderous in terms of doubting people's capability or desire in some cases to do the job they're employed to do, then I am certainly within my rights to speak up for them in the absence of them being able to do it for themselves, and I make no apology for doing that.

But the evidence to question their capability is overwhelming, the evidence for your positivity, is lacking IMO.

Questioning their desire is a different matter, we can’t quantify that.
Released/Retained list on 10:47 - May 12 with 1922 viewsE15Hoop

Released/Retained list on 10:39 - May 12 by terryb

My apologies if you include me in those of the last paragraph. I've certainly never intended to be any of those.

The only time I came close to "exploding" was when you were trying to get me to read the Bucks Free Press. It was like asking me to click on The Sun!

My dislike of the town & especially the football club (Satan's ream) that is just off the M40 in South Bucks is well documented!

No worries, Terry. I wasn't including you specifically in the last para at all.
Sorry - I hadn't realised the BFP was that controversial!
I used to live in Amersham, and my boys went to school there and were regularly invited to WWFC for various functions, hence how I got to know the club quite well in those days.
Released/Retained list on 10:52 - May 12 with 1893 viewsE15Hoop

Released/Retained list on 10:47 - May 12 by E15Hoop

No worries, Terry. I wasn't including you specifically in the last para at all.
Sorry - I hadn't realised the BFP was that controversial!
I used to live in Amersham, and my boys went to school there and were regularly invited to WWFC for various functions, hence how I got to know the club quite well in those days.

BTW - forgot to add that when my marriage broke down, I ended up in a very dodgy bedsit on Wycombe Marsh and experienced "life in its full glory" shall we say, which ended up with me getting caught in the middle of a drugs ring, so I do get where you're coming from!
I have often thought I need to write a book about that time, but no-one would ever believe it..
Released/Retained list on 10:54 - May 12 with 1880 viewsE15Hoop

Released/Retained list on 10:46 - May 12 by Monkey_Roots

But the evidence to question their capability is overwhelming, the evidence for your positivity, is lacking IMO.

Questioning their desire is a different matter, we can’t quantify that.

I'm looking to the future, MR. A lot depends on how much backing GA and RD get, but my personal belief is that you will see a similar transformation as happened 20 years ago when the club was really on its uppers.
Released/Retained list on 10:54 - May 12 with 1878 viewsPhilmyRs

Of the released players, Masterson would have been the only one I'd have kept. Very worried about the future and looking to secure a deal for Chris Martin isn't filling me with much optimism either.
Released/Retained list on 10:55 - May 12 with 1867 viewsterryb

Released/Retained list on 10:42 - May 12 by E15Hoop

I don't agree with you on this, Terry - if that were true, than no-one would ever recover from trauma or depression.
The lad's 22. I know how something like's he's experienced would have affected me at that age, but if he's supported properly, there's no reason to believe he can't recover fully.
Is he getting that support? I have no idea, but I would trust the current management team to ensure that happens much more than certain previous ones.

I have suffered from depression & have recovered. However, I know from my personal experience, that you can only start recovering when you're in the right frame of mind to do so. And that you're ready to accept the support required & more importantly, that you need help.

That doesn't come quickly or easily. I'm sure he will eventually recover, but there is nothing that makes me believe that is likely to be soon & being 22 is irrelevant. I think my problems started to surface with the death of my sister when I was 15, but I didn't acknowledge them until over 40 years later.

It is also the case that as you climb out of the pit, you are likely to slip back down from time to time. It is like alcoholism, today I'm free of depression, but who knows what tomorrow will bring? Apologies for forgetting the correct wording!
Released/Retained list on 10:59 - May 12 with 1839 viewsE15Hoop

Released/Retained list on 10:55 - May 12 by terryb

I have suffered from depression & have recovered. However, I know from my personal experience, that you can only start recovering when you're in the right frame of mind to do so. And that you're ready to accept the support required & more importantly, that you need help.

That doesn't come quickly or easily. I'm sure he will eventually recover, but there is nothing that makes me believe that is likely to be soon & being 22 is irrelevant. I think my problems started to surface with the death of my sister when I was 15, but I didn't acknowledge them until over 40 years later.

It is also the case that as you climb out of the pit, you are likely to slip back down from time to time. It is like alcoholism, today I'm free of depression, but who knows what tomorrow will bring? Apologies for forgetting the correct wording!

Thanks for sharing that, Terry. of course, you're right, and it just goes back in Taylor Richards' case about how they're working with him.
Clive said TR's mother was on the pitch with him on Monday, so maybe that's a positive sign that the club are working closely with her to help him as well.
Released/Retained list on 11:10 - May 12 with 1775 viewsdaveB

Released/Retained list on 10:59 - May 12 by E15Hoop

Thanks for sharing that, Terry. of course, you're right, and it just goes back in Taylor Richards' case about how they're working with him.
Clive said TR's mother was on the pitch with him on Monday, so maybe that's a positive sign that the club are working closely with her to help him as well.

That was during the lap of shame at the end, all of the players had their families with them
Login to get fewer ads

Released/Retained list on 11:29 - May 12 with 1685 viewsgazza1

No issues with the release list.....some should have been gone 2 years ago at least.

Re the talking points on here.....

MARTIN - a couple of questions - would he score more goals than our current strikers over the season?? Has he been vital in our remaining in the Championship?? Is there any other current strikers look like scoring very often?? How does his current wages compare with the current strike force?? In an ideal world we would or should not of signed him or discussing new contracts but we are where we are. I am sure if the Club can replace him then they will replace him but as our most knowledgeable leader (& its not a dig - he is knowable), Norf, frequently tells us, we have not got any money for purchasing players.

BALOGUN - IMHO he is our best CB, better than all of the others (just better than Clark -Salter) and I think that was seen and was the case when we were top of the league - yes he makes mistakes but so do all of them - bar none. Another player that Norf detests but another that is worthy of a place when fit. The issue is that he is unfit pretty often. I think that if QPR can get the deal they will resign him and that deal should be game related along with other bonus type payments.
Released/Retained list on 11:30 - May 12 with 1691 viewsQPR_Hibs

Released/Retained list on 09:53 - May 12 by Wegerles_Stairs

Unfortunately, that's the model - see Masterson and Shodipo. Repeatedly loan players out to League 1/2 clubs for several years, then release them for nothing. It's certainly a novel approach.

Maybe we're trying to copy that lot down the road? I see that Dujon Sterling is going to join Boilface's team on a free after being released from Chels** where he has been since he was 8 years old. Just checked Wiki to see how many first team appearances he made. That's right - NONE.

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

Released/Retained list on 11:36 - May 12 with 1660 viewsMonkey_Roots

Released/Retained list on 11:30 - May 12 by QPR_Hibs

Maybe we're trying to copy that lot down the road? I see that Dujon Sterling is going to join Boilface's team on a free after being released from Chels** where he has been since he was 8 years old. Just checked Wiki to see how many first team appearances he made. That's right - NONE.

Another one that Mick Boil has known since he was a lad... rinse and repeat for that fraud.
Released/Retained list on 11:36 - May 12 with 1650 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Nearly an entire thread dedicated to whether we should sign Martin. I thought things would improve after the season ended, but no, it's just more depressing.
34 yo Chris Martin, for Christ sake, why is this even being considered a good signing? No pace or movement.
Released/Retained list on 11:40 - May 12 with 1627 viewsNorthernr

There's a bit of an elephant in the room here eight pages in - is Les staying?

It's kind of been assumed that he'd be on his way this summer because, well, look at the state of it all...

If he is/was then you'd hope they'd been looking for a replacement for him for a few months, identified somebody, spoken to him about style and managers and what have you, he'd have had an input on retained and released. Announce Les the week before the final home game, bit of a goodbye, new guy starts Monday.

Is he leaving, and we're just going to go all in on Ainsworth and everything he wants with no DOF?

Is he staying, and we're just going to go all in on Ainsworth and everything he wants and Les is going to play lots of golf on our time?

Is he staying, and we're going to continue this hybrid of some manager players, some Les players, some Belk players?

One would hope this is all decided and known and just hasn't been communicated, because we're just idiot scum who don't need to know. If we get a few weeks into this summer and then they're suddenly "oh yeh Les is leaving, cheers"...
Released/Retained list on 11:43 - May 12 with 1604 viewsMonkey_Roots

Released/Retained list on 11:40 - May 12 by Northernr

It's kind of been assumed that he'd be on his way this summer because, well, look at the state of it all...

If he is/was then you'd hope they'd been looking for a replacement for him for a few months, identified somebody, spoken to him about style and managers and what have you, he'd have had an input on retained and released. Announce Les the week before the final home game, bit of a goodbye, new guy starts Monday.

Is he leaving, and we're just going to go all in on Ainsworth and everything he wants with no DOF?

Is he staying, and we're just going to go all in on Ainsworth and everything he wants and Les is going to play lots of golf on our time?

Is he staying, and we're going to continue this hybrid of some manager players, some Les players, some Belk players?

One would hope this is all decided and known and just hasn't been communicated, because we're just idiot scum who don't need to know. If we get a few weeks into this summer and then they're suddenly "oh yeh Les is leaving, cheers"...

er Clive, Amit is reflecting and looking for solutions... keep up.
Released/Retained list on 11:44 - May 12 with 1593 viewsgazza1

I understand Sir Les is on holiday atm so I would not expect to hear much for a couple of weeks!!!

Big call, though.......I still wonder what his duties are in the Club actually. Wish I could see his job description!!!
Released/Retained list on 11:50 - May 12 with 1571 viewsdmm

Released/Retained list on 11:43 - May 12 by Monkey_Roots

er Clive, Amit is reflecting and looking for solutions... keep up.

I suspect your tongue is firmly on your cheek. Amit has said precisely nothing.
Released/Retained list on 11:51 - May 12 with 1566 viewsBAWHoops

I don't think he's going. Absolutely zero hints he will

The owners are disinterested and the club wasn't relegated. We will continue to tread water which is really all they require.

There's no doubt that the model introduced by Ferdinand and Ramsey has had very little success. Since Warburton came in (who was the first manager Les led the appointment process for) we've managed to integrate and sell on one forst team player for any sort of profit (Eze). In that time we have seen Bright and Manning go for next to nothing whilst Dickie, Dieng, Chair, Willock were all kept to long under the proviso that we would 'keep the band together for another crack at the play offs'.

All that being said, I think it's for the birds that Les will go. The job he does is 5-6/10 and realistically that's all our owners want. Can't build a stadium, can't cheat their way financially to the Prem... so sit tight until some idiot buys us (hah!!)

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Released/Retained list on 11:57 - May 12 with 1526 viewsQPR_Jim

Perhaps the replacement they have lined up is still under contract somewhere, so they have to wait until their season is finished. Could be why there are so many on the retained list with ongoing discussions as their decision may hinge on commercially sensitive information that we can't share yet. Then once they have completed their season we'll announce the departure of Les and his replacement.

I just hope if that is the case West Ham don't get to the Europa Conference final.
Released/Retained list on 12:21 - May 12 with 1436 viewsRangersw12

I reckon they will announce his departure a day before ST prices are announced
Released/Retained list on 14:20 - May 12 with 1260 viewsDorse

Released/Retained list on 12:21 - May 12 by Rangersw12

I reckon they will announce his departure a day before ST prices are announced

'Ladies and Gentlemen, give a big QPR welcome to our new Director of Football, Frank Lampard...! Come on now... put the scissors down...'
[Post edited 12 May 2023 14:20]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Released/Retained list on 14:49 - May 12 with 1198 viewswesty

Released/Retained list on 14:20 - May 12 by Dorse

'Ladies and Gentlemen, give a big QPR welcome to our new Director of Football, Frank Lampard...! Come on now... put the scissors down...'
[Post edited 12 May 2023 14:20]

Haha to be ably assisted by John Terry.
Lock up your daughters,wives,mums,aunties,cats,dogs and anything else with a heartbeat
Released/Retained list on 14:54 - May 12 with 1176 viewsWatford_Ranger

Released/Retained list on 11:29 - May 12 by gazza1

No issues with the release list.....some should have been gone 2 years ago at least.

Re the talking points on here.....

MARTIN - a couple of questions - would he score more goals than our current strikers over the season?? Has he been vital in our remaining in the Championship?? Is there any other current strikers look like scoring very often?? How does his current wages compare with the current strike force?? In an ideal world we would or should not of signed him or discussing new contracts but we are where we are. I am sure if the Club can replace him then they will replace him but as our most knowledgeable leader (& its not a dig - he is knowable), Norf, frequently tells us, we have not got any money for purchasing players.

BALOGUN - IMHO he is our best CB, better than all of the others (just better than Clark -Salter) and I think that was seen and was the case when we were top of the league - yes he makes mistakes but so do all of them - bar none. Another player that Norf detests but another that is worthy of a place when fit. The issue is that he is unfit pretty often. I think that if QPR can get the deal they will resign him and that deal should be game related along with other bonus type payments.

Never fit though and never has been in his entire career. He’s barely made 150 league appearances in about 15 years.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024