Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Released/Retained list 15:45 - May 11 with 23677 viewsaston_hoop

Pick through this and make sense of it

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/retained-list-100523/

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Released/Retained list on 16:45 - May 11 with 2391 viewsTonto

Martin may be a "good egg", but i rellly dont like the fact we are negotiating still.

there are couple of others I would like to see paid up too...

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Released/Retained list on 16:46 - May 11 with 2368 viewsE15Hoop

Released/Retained list on 16:42 - May 11 by paulparker

Absolute Joke of a signing based on the last season , did he actually start any games ?

I don't get all this abuse/anger against this lad. As I wrote a couple of posts ago, ther's clearly something going on behind the scenes, and we know he had a significant off-field issue to cope with that sounded pretty horrendous tbh.
Coupled with his injury issues, and the fact we probably weren't best set up to accommodate him, why is everyone so upset with the fact he hasn't been seen much?
Released/Retained list on 16:47 - May 11 with 2363 viewshighleverhoopL

Surely if Kelman did come good all of a sudden, he would then just run down the rest of his year's contract in accordance with the QPR tradition. Or is this extension just so we can try and get something out of a league 1 club now?
Released/Retained list on 16:50 - May 11 with 2335 viewsrobith

Released/Retained list on 16:46 - May 11 by E15Hoop

I don't get all this abuse/anger against this lad. As I wrote a couple of posts ago, ther's clearly something going on behind the scenes, and we know he had a significant off-field issue to cope with that sounded pretty horrendous tbh.
Coupled with his injury issues, and the fact we probably weren't best set up to accommodate him, why is everyone so upset with the fact he hasn't been seen much?

nah mate, you gotta call them names, make insinuations about their character. I bet you clap them off ya soft shite etc etc etc
Released/Retained list on 16:51 - May 11 with 2325 viewsPinnerPaul

Released/Retained list on 16:17 - May 11 by E15Hoop

Why? He was on the end of the majority of chances we created in the last game, albeit he didn't score. Worked with Sinclair Armstrong on his positioning in the Burnley game, and scored the all-important winner. Was made captain in what GA clearly felt was a vacuum, and impressed with his honesty and leadership skills.
I don't think anyone is suggesting he'll benefit from balls being played in front of him to run on to, but he can clearly still get on the end of crosses and corners.
We've already seen glimpses of an Armstrong, Martin, Dykes front 3, and that looked like that could work, albeit it means either Dykes or Armstrong holding on to the ball long enough for Martin to catch up with play, and that's always assuming that GA sees Martin as a definite regular starter which may not be the case.

Yep and many have forgotten how important his goals were#.

Even Clive grudgingly said he did the job he was bought for - not true of many others!
Released/Retained list on 16:51 - May 11 with 2318 viewsE15Hoop

Released/Retained list on 16:47 - May 11 by highleverhoopL

Surely if Kelman did come good all of a sudden, he would then just run down the rest of his year's contract in accordance with the QPR tradition. Or is this extension just so we can try and get something out of a league 1 club now?

Warburton said that he thought Kelman was actually the most natural finisher at the club at the time, and he looked pretty good in a game for us against Rotherham a couple of seasons or so ago.
Maybe this is the season where they think he can break out properly, especially as he's probably feeling pretty good about life after Orient's promotion.
Released/Retained list on 16:52 - May 11 with 2304 viewsNorthernr

Released/Retained list on 16:51 - May 11 by E15Hoop

Warburton said that he thought Kelman was actually the most natural finisher at the club at the time, and he looked pretty good in a game for us against Rotherham a couple of seasons or so ago.
Maybe this is the season where they think he can break out properly, especially as he's probably feeling pretty good about life after Orient's promotion.

Any decision here you feel is worthy of any scrutiny or criticism at all?
Released/Retained list on 16:53 - May 11 with 2302 viewsdavman

Gubbins.

Option to extend taken.

WhAAAAAAAAAAAAAt?

The only reason would be if they think he can command a fee. No chance. It'll be a loan out where they won't cover his wages, so he is costing us just by being here.

Duke McKenna, Aaron Drewe - WHY?

If any of them are near our first team next season, guess what will happen? Even as back up, there HAS to be available better options out there...

Amos, Balogun - cheerifckno.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Login to get fewer ads

Released/Retained list on 16:53 - May 11 with 2299 viewsGloucs_R

Released/Retained list on 16:47 - May 11 by highleverhoopL

Struggled to get into a League 2 team and only scored a handful of goals in a promotion winning team. I would imagine nowhere near championship level yet. 😬

Poll: Are we staying up?

Released/Retained list on 16:55 - May 11 with 2291 viewsE15Hoop

Released/Retained list on 16:50 - May 11 by robith

nah mate, you gotta call them names, make insinuations about their character. I bet you clap them off ya soft shite etc etc etc

Haha! You know I thought we were supposed to be a family club that got behind its players and supported them. He's hardly Jose Bosingwa is he??
Perhaps we've decided to be the "new Millwall", seeing as Millwall are now officially a family club, apparently, and have a remarkably good disciplinary record on the field this season.
Released/Retained list on 16:57 - May 11 with 2274 viewsNorthernr

Released/Retained list on 16:53 - May 11 by davman

Gubbins.

Option to extend taken.

WhAAAAAAAAAAAAAt?

The only reason would be if they think he can command a fee. No chance. It'll be a loan out where they won't cover his wages, so he is costing us just by being here.

Duke McKenna, Aaron Drewe - WHY?

If any of them are near our first team next season, guess what will happen? Even as back up, there HAS to be available better options out there...

Amos, Balogun - cheerifckno.

SDM - three starts in the cups, ten sub appearances in the league for Orient this year. About to turn 23. Have another year mate. Our club's weird obsession with keeping mid-20-something players with that sort of record around seems odd to me.
Released/Retained list on 16:57 - May 11 with 2274 viewsMaggsinho

Released/Retained list on 16:53 - May 11 by Gloucs_R

Struggled to get into a League 2 team and only scored a handful of goals in a promotion winning team. I would imagine nowhere near championship level yet. 😬

He played 43 games this season so not sure that counts as a struggle
Released/Retained list on 17:00 - May 11 with 2237 viewsE15Hoop

Released/Retained list on 16:52 - May 11 by Northernr

Any decision here you feel is worthy of any scrutiny or criticism at all?

That's not my point, Clive. Everyone on here seems determined to be deliberately negative about these decisions, but you can't scrutinise them properly if no-one's putting a positive case forwards.
The management team, DoF and clubs they've been loaned out to in Kelman's case, for example, are obviously in regular communication with each other - its not as if they're re-signing or keeping players purely to p*ss us off, is it? Therefore logic dictates that ther ehas to be a positive rationale behind the decisions, and that's what I'm attempting to express to counterbalance what everyone else seems to be saying.
Released/Retained list on 17:05 - May 11 with 2197 viewswesty

Released/Retained list on 16:55 - May 11 by E15Hoop

Haha! You know I thought we were supposed to be a family club that got behind its players and supported them. He's hardly Jose Bosingwa is he??
Perhaps we've decided to be the "new Millwall", seeing as Millwall are now officially a family club, apparently, and have a remarkably good disciplinary record on the field this season.

I think he was taking the piss E15. At least I bloody hope so 😂 how ya been doing. Into silly season now with rumours galore. I’m going to play a steady hand and concentrate on one at a time. Lewis Wing needs to get his arse down here and get a contract signed. He must be on GA’s wish list.
Released/Retained list on 17:09 - May 11 with 2143 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Released/Retained list on 15:58 - May 11 by Northernr

Balogun based here for pre-season while he recovers from injury feels very much like he's getting another year if they're satisfied that's cleared up too.

Please, no.
Released/Retained list on 17:10 - May 11 with 2140 viewsE1Hoop

Released/Retained list on 17:00 - May 11 by E15Hoop

That's not my point, Clive. Everyone on here seems determined to be deliberately negative about these decisions, but you can't scrutinise them properly if no-one's putting a positive case forwards.
The management team, DoF and clubs they've been loaned out to in Kelman's case, for example, are obviously in regular communication with each other - its not as if they're re-signing or keeping players purely to p*ss us off, is it? Therefore logic dictates that ther ehas to be a positive rationale behind the decisions, and that's what I'm attempting to express to counterbalance what everyone else seems to be saying.

But we keep retaining players that don’t get anywhere near our first team. So the track record is not good. If we are in serious discussions with Martin then next year our 4 forwards will be Dykes, good for another 8 goals, Martin perhaps 4 off the bench, Armstrong not many and Kelman even less.
I am usually optimistic but Armstrong and Kelman are going to have to improve massively to make a difference next year. But with those 4 on the books how can our limited budget support more strikers?
It would make more sense to me to let as many out of contract players leave as we can and have more options to make changes.
We have really limited funds and are tying money up on players that just don’t seem to be anywhere near first team standard.
Released/Retained list on 17:13 - May 11 with 2111 viewsRangersw12

Richards we didn't have a choice to terminate the agreement but as he got injured in the medical for Birmingham last season that should have been a red flag to start with!

I will be shocked if he plays more than 15/20 games next season.

Really concerned we're talking to Martin as it screams 442 devensive rubbish football
[Post edited 11 May 2023 17:14]
Released/Retained list on 17:14 - May 11 with 2097 viewsE15Hoop

Released/Retained list on 17:05 - May 11 by westy

I think he was taking the piss E15. At least I bloody hope so 😂 how ya been doing. Into silly season now with rumours galore. I’m going to play a steady hand and concentrate on one at a time. Lewis Wing needs to get his arse down here and get a contract signed. He must be on GA’s wish list.

I'm OK. Had a few good days at work, so feeling re-energised, which given the fact that the doom-mongers seem to want to moan about something else now, looks like has come about just in time!
Saw your post on Lewis Wing. You know the current Wycombe situation better than me, as my kids have now grown up and scattered off to various places, so I haven't been down there recently. I picked up on Regan Poole from Lincoln, but we're going to be linked with everyone OOC from League One, you'd imagine over the next few weeks.
Released/Retained list on 17:14 - May 11 with 2098 viewsNorthernr

Released/Retained list on 17:09 - May 11 by Benny_the_Ball

Please, no.

Well, I'm with you mate, but there's "positive rationale" behind all the decisions apparently so I'll just clap along and look forward to traipsing around the joint for his 15 appearances again next season if that's the direction we are going to take.
Released/Retained list on 17:14 - May 11 with 2093 viewsdaveB

Released/Retained list on 16:51 - May 11 by PinnerPaul

Yep and many have forgotten how important his goals were#.

Even Clive grudgingly said he did the job he was bought for - not true of many others!

not forgotten, he did his job well. Thanks and goodbye, to offer him another year is beyond stupid
Released/Retained list on 17:14 - May 11 with 2090 viewsderbyhoop

No great surprises.
6 out, 1 in. To go with the 12 released from youth setups. Seems about right.
Amos gas been unlucky with injuries and it seemed to affect him mentally. We wish him well.

Martin is the controversial. Professional in approach but virtually immobile. Not exactly in.line with Dobbo's call for better fitness.
Gubbins as 4th choice CB instead if Masterson. Fine.
Drewe as a backup. OK

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Released/Retained list on 17:16 - May 11 with 2070 viewsHAYESBOY

If we re-sign Martin, Kelman also has the option taken up, That means our strike force is:

Dykes, Armstrong, Kelman and Martin.

Thought Ainsworth stated he wanted pace upfront??

Smells like a trout farm in here

Released/Retained list on 17:16 - May 11 with 2066 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Released/Retained list on 16:30 - May 11 by Northernr

He cannot move about. When used for any more than the last ten minutes of games it's really quite an embarrassing watch.

For me, it only makes sense if he's cheap, drops at least a stone, and is utilised as a squad player alongside a player with pace. What concerns me is that he may be Dykes' "replacement".
[Post edited 11 May 2023 17:27]
Released/Retained list on 17:16 - May 11 with 2067 viewsdaveB

I find the Gubbins one odd, couldn't get a minute this season in a team who were woeful at the back, if he couldn't get in the team then when is he going to play

Think we should have got more out of Masterson, right call to let him go but really haven't used him for 2 years and no better off for it
Released/Retained list on 17:17 - May 11 with 2065 viewsBklynRanger

Released/Retained list on 16:45 - May 11 by robith

I've always really liked him but yeah, we can't afford to be extending his contract on that injury profile

I don't remember entering a summer when I really don't care who leaves.

There's usually at least one or two but I'm completely agnostic.

Even Sam Field. As long as he doesn't go to Glasgow Rangers I'd bid him adieu and wish him well - he's one of very very few who have earned to right to look for a better deal if he can get one. Ilias would be another.

It's almost liberating in a 'pass me that crate of Special Brew' sort of way.

Edit: The point being of course who stays. OK I get it now. Shit.
[Post edited 11 May 2023 17:18]
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024