Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Michael Laudrup. 23:17 - May 9 with 29573 viewsSaxoman

Blackburn Rovers fan here. You shouldn't have hounded out Laudrup. Bad move chaps.

See you next season.
Michael Laudrup. on 10:24 - May 11 with 2589 viewsjasper_T

Ki wasn't a Laudrup/Tutumlu signing.

Pozuelo and Canas were no better than what we have now. Cheaper, though.
Michael Laudrup. on 10:36 - May 11 with 2534 viewsItchySphincter

Michael Laudrup. on 10:24 - May 11 by jasper_T

Ki wasn't a Laudrup/Tutumlu signing.

Pozuelo and Canas were no better than what we have now. Cheaper, though.

We've been crying out for a player like Poz for a couple of years. Canas was worse than shite and would have have looked f*cking amazing in our current midfield.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Michael Laudrup. on 10:36 - May 11 with 2533 viewsJacket

The amount Tutumlu was paid may have been obscene, but I'd sooner hand him over £4.5m than spend £8.5m for one season of Sanches, £12m on Roque Mesa, £12m on Bony, £15m on Borja Baston, £16m on Clucas, the best part of £20m on Andre Ayew, and God knows how much in compo for 6 managers. Since Laudrup left the only decent signings made have been Fab, Siggy, Jordan Ayew and Andre first time round at a push. The quality of the signings has been that poor, I'd welcome Pozuelo and Canas with open arms.
Michael Laudrup. on 10:42 - May 11 with 2519 viewsDrizzy

The revisionism surrounding Bayram Tutumlu, a second-rate leacherous agent, is insane.

It was Laudrup who allowed us to attract those players. Tutumlu certainly didn't "find" Michu, who was one of La Liga's top scorers before he came here nor did he "find" established internationals like de Guzman and Pablo Hernandez. He's a fantasist who skimmed off these deals and Laudrup's continued association with him is one of the most bemusing aspects of his disappointing managerial career.

There were plenty of balanced people on here that were skeptical of Monk's full-time appointment whilst still being appreciative of the good results. Makes you realise how whiny and entitled a faction of our fanbase is when they perpetually complained about not playing tiki-taka while we finished 8th.

Garry Monk did not erode the Swansea way. He made a significant deviation in the name of results and it backfired over time. We had plenty of chances to fix it but failed spectacularly in our recruitment of players and managers since then.

Monk is not to blame for this mess and Laudrup certainly isn't the solution to it.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Michael Laudrup. on 10:50 - May 11 with 2486 viewsjasper_T

Michael Laudrup. on 10:36 - May 11 by ItchySphincter

We've been crying out for a player like Poz for a couple of years. Canas was worse than shite and would have have looked f*cking amazing in our current midfield.

They're average players in third rate leagues. No chance they would improve our current team.
Michael Laudrup. on 10:52 - May 11 with 2471 viewsJacket

Michael Laudrup. on 10:42 - May 11 by Drizzy

The revisionism surrounding Bayram Tutumlu, a second-rate leacherous agent, is insane.

It was Laudrup who allowed us to attract those players. Tutumlu certainly didn't "find" Michu, who was one of La Liga's top scorers before he came here nor did he "find" established internationals like de Guzman and Pablo Hernandez. He's a fantasist who skimmed off these deals and Laudrup's continued association with him is one of the most bemusing aspects of his disappointing managerial career.

There were plenty of balanced people on here that were skeptical of Monk's full-time appointment whilst still being appreciative of the good results. Makes you realise how whiny and entitled a faction of our fanbase is when they perpetually complained about not playing tiki-taka while we finished 8th.

Garry Monk did not erode the Swansea way. He made a significant deviation in the name of results and it backfired over time. We had plenty of chances to fix it but failed spectacularly in our recruitment of players and managers since then.

Monk is not to blame for this mess and Laudrup certainly isn't the solution to it.

As you say, he made a "significant deviation" in our style of play and I don't think we've deviated any further from the Swansea Way since he left - same old cagey, defencive football. Unlike the managers since him, I believe he had a significant say on the dross signings made. His snideness in the background was at the very least a contributing factor in the dropping off of results in Laudrup's second season, something well known before the Tutumlu tweets. So to say he is blameless is as laughable as it is blind to the facts.
Michael Laudrup. on 10:56 - May 11 with 2457 viewsjasper_T

Monk didn't have much say in signings. He definitely didn't get the left back he wanted, his list was ignored in favour of Fat Franck.
Michael Laudrup. on 11:07 - May 11 with 2425 viewsJacket

Another thing - "established internationals like de Guzman and Pablo Hernandez"??? De Guz made his debut in Jan 2013 whilst a Swans player and Harnandez had made a handful of appearances in unimportant matches for Spain when he arrived - hardly Iniesta or David Villa.
[Post edited 11 May 2018 11:08]
Login to get fewer ads

Michael Laudrup. on 11:11 - May 11 with 2414 viewsJacket

As for Michu being one of the top scorers in Spain the previous season, does that not make the deal facilitated by Tutumlu more impressive?
Michael Laudrup. on 11:16 - May 11 with 2391 viewsLord_Bony

The Swansea Way died after Rodgers and Laudrup.

Thats when we lost our way forward.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Michael Laudrup. on 11:27 - May 11 with 2366 viewsJacket

"Our historic season" was the beginning of the end. Some call is a "significant deviation", I call it becoming like the rest of the lesser clubs, no identity, just clining on to your Premier League status. Pragmatism before style. The logical next step was to become like the rest off the pitch by selling to a hedge fund.
Michael Laudrup. on 11:35 - May 11 with 2335 viewsDrizzy

Michael Laudrup. on 11:27 - May 11 by Jacket

"Our historic season" was the beginning of the end. Some call is a "significant deviation", I call it becoming like the rest of the lesser clubs, no identity, just clining on to your Premier League status. Pragmatism before style. The logical next step was to become like the rest off the pitch by selling to a hedge fund.

de Guzman and Pablo Hernandez were known quantities in European football. Hardly unearthed gems as they're often portrayed.

Michu's transfer was made easy by Rayo's financial situation. Laudrup would have identified him as the AM to replace Gylfi. Laudrup was the deciding factor in him coming here, not Tutumlu's negotiating skills.

We played Monkball for a season and a bit. We still had a talented squad in 2016 but we needed to replace pivotal players like Rangel and Britton to maintain the style. We didn't. We appointed Guidolin permanently because he was cheap then filled the squad with utter dreck.

We've had plenty of chances to get back to "the Swansea way" since Laudrup and we've failed at every one of them.

Michael Laudrup. on 12:09 - May 11 with 2278 viewsWarwickHunt

Michael Laudrup. on 10:56 - May 11 by jasper_T

Monk didn't have much say in signings. He definitely didn't get the left back he wanted, his list was ignored in favour of Fat Franck.

He's on record as saying he was "a big fan of Naughton".
Michael Laudrup. on 12:13 - May 11 with 2261 viewsmichufan

Michael Laudrup. on 10:42 - May 11 by Drizzy

I would argue that your revisionism surrounding Garry Monk, a second-rate leacherous player/coach is insane.

To state that Monk had no blame in what went on in the 2013/2014 season is baffling. Had he not helped destabilize the squad and club as a whole to serve his own agenda things could have gone so much different.

Also good to hear that you feel that agents have no role in player signings. I guess it is one job description that we can get rid of entirely in sports then? All that is needed in your view for a transfer to happen is if a player is "top-scorer" or an "established international" and wants to play for a certain manager and the rest I guess can be handled with a simple phone call then? Similar to how it works when playing "Fantasy Football" I guess?

"Garry Monk did not erode the Swansea way"? Makes me wonder what you think the Swansea way is then. To call his impact on the Swansea legacy a "deviation" is like calling what happened to the Titanic a "deviation". Others would describe it as a disaster...
Michael Laudrup. on 12:19 - May 11 with 2229 viewsmajorraglan

Michael Laudrup. on 11:35 - May 11 by Drizzy

de Guzman and Pablo Hernandez were known quantities in European football. Hardly unearthed gems as they're often portrayed.

Michu's transfer was made easy by Rayo's financial situation. Laudrup would have identified him as the AM to replace Gylfi. Laudrup was the deciding factor in him coming here, not Tutumlu's negotiating skills.

We played Monkball for a season and a bit. We still had a talented squad in 2016 but we needed to replace pivotal players like Rangel and Britton to maintain the style. We didn't. We appointed Guidolin permanently because he was cheap then filled the squad with utter dreck.

We've had plenty of chances to get back to "the Swansea way" since Laudrup and we've failed at every one of them.

Listen to the Alan Curtis interview where he talks about Swansea managerial appointments being based on a philosophy and subsequently losing its way. Who is the last person he named in the interview, Mr Laudrup!
Michael Laudrup. on 12:32 - May 11 with 2198 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Michael Laudrup. on 11:35 - May 11 by Drizzy

Even Being a laudrup fan boy

That’s a fair and very good post

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Michael Laudrup. on 12:40 - May 11 with 2164 viewsDrizzy

Michael Laudrup. on 12:13 - May 11 by michufan

I would argue that your revisionism surrounding Garry Monk, a second-rate leacherous player/coach is insane.

To state that Monk had no blame in what went on in the 2013/2014 season is baffling. Had he not helped destabilize the squad and club as a whole to serve his own agenda things could have gone so much different.

Also good to hear that you feel that agents have no role in player signings. I guess it is one job description that we can get rid of entirely in sports then? All that is needed in your view for a transfer to happen is if a player is "top-scorer" or an "established international" and wants to play for a certain manager and the rest I guess can be handled with a simple phone call then? Similar to how it works when playing "Fantasy Football" I guess?

"Garry Monk did not erode the Swansea way"? Makes me wonder what you think the Swansea way is then. To call his impact on the Swansea legacy a "deviation" is like calling what happened to the Titanic a "deviation". Others would describe it as a disaster...

I'm talking about Monk the manager. I'm not addressing the supposed factions in the dressing room under Laudrup. I'm sure had a part to play as he's as duplicitous as anyone, but I'll take the Twitter ramblings of a fantasist with a pinch of salt.

Another straw man. I'm questioning the legitimacy of Bayram Tutumlu, who pocketed millions from transfers and touted our players around behind the board's back. Laudrup was always the main factor in those deals, I'll credit Bayram for his (generously paid) paperwork.

The Titanic couldn't have been saved by appointing Rodgers and signing Joe Allen and some other decent players. What a ridiculous analogy.

Michael Laudrup. on 13:02 - May 11 with 2100 viewsItchySphincter

Michael Laudrup. on 10:50 - May 11 by jasper_T

They're average players in third rate leagues. No chance they would improve our current team.

I agree with your first sentence. With your second you seem to have not realised how painfully poor we are, but I'm guessing you are one of those that's been berating me for ever about what wonderful player Ki is?

No wonder half of you lot didn't see this coming.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Michael Laudrup. on 13:03 - May 11 with 2093 viewsexiledclaseboy

Not for the first time, Drizzy’s nailed it.

Poll: Tory leader

Michael Laudrup. on 13:04 - May 11 with 2085 viewsjasper_T

Michael Laudrup. on 13:02 - May 11 by ItchySphincter

I agree with your first sentence. With your second you seem to have not realised how painfully poor we are, but I'm guessing you are one of those that's been berating me for ever about what wonderful player Ki is?

No wonder half of you lot didn't see this coming.

We'd do very well in the Belgian league with our current squad.
Michael Laudrup. on 13:22 - May 11 with 2050 viewsHeadmaster

Latest tweet from the mad one, roughly translates to: "With the potential that Swansea has next year we will be in PL .. Prepare the JACKS for the pleasant surprises !!"

Michael Laudrup. on 13:43 - May 11 with 1998 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Michael Laudrup. on 13:22 - May 11 by Headmaster

Latest tweet from the mad one, roughly translates to: "With the potential that Swansea has next year we will be in PL .. Prepare the JACKS for the pleasant surprises !!"

Perhaps he knows something we don't ......

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Michael Laudrup. on 13:46 - May 11 with 1984 viewsLandore_Jack

Michael Laudrup. on 13:43 - May 11 by Brynmill_Jack

Perhaps he knows something we don't ......

Or he is talking shit.

#backtojack

Michael Laudrup. on 13:55 - May 11 with 1949 viewsPrivate_Partz

Michael Laudrup. on 13:46 - May 11 by Landore_Jack

Or he is talking shit.

I live in hope that he isn't as I cannot see any reason for comments like that.
I can understand revenge and an attempt to clear both his name and MLs by discrediting those he thinks are responsible.
On the other hand offering false promise to the supporters will only work against him. Remember the 'hola' tweet by another petson?
Tutu seems to be doing both at the mo. This at a time when his reputation is possibly higher than it has ever been on here.
All will be revealed I guess......

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Michael Laudrup. on 13:58 - May 11 with 1934 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Michael Laudrup. on 13:46 - May 11 by Landore_Jack

Or he is talking shit.

For what possible reason? What on earth does he have to gain from that?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024