Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Michael Laudrup. 23:17 - May 9 with 29572 viewsSaxoman

Blackburn Rovers fan here. You shouldn't have hounded out Laudrup. Bad move chaps.

See you next season.
Michael Laudrup. on 09:10 - May 10 with 2973 viewscastlejack

Michael Laudrup. on 23:30 - May 9 by Saxoman

I'm sorry, I just assumed you wanted him out. If it was a board decision, I feel sorry for you. We had similar with our owners Venkys inexplicably dismissing Sam Allardyce while we were in a comfortable league position in the Premier League.

Thought Laudrup was awesome, always wanted him to stay, would have him back tomorrow

Poll: Next Swans manager

Michael Laudrup. on 09:15 - May 10 with 2960 viewsCaptain_Sham

I'm sorry, I just assumed you wanted him out. If it was a board decision, I feel sorry for you. We had similar with our owners Venkys inexplicably dismissing Sam Allardyce while we were in a comfortable league position in the Premier League.

Most of the posters in this forum wanted him gone. They seem to have forgotten that though.

Its just a ride.

Michael Laudrup. on 09:18 - May 10 with 2943 viewsWarwickHunt

Michael Laudrup. on 09:15 - May 10 by Captain_Sham

Most of the posters in this forum wanted him gone. They seem to have forgotten that though.

Plenty didn’t. Mostly the ones who thought giving Monk a three year contract was football suicide.

Those of us with “agendas”...
Michael Laudrup. on 09:18 - May 10 with 2940 viewstheloneranger

Michael Laudrup. on 08:54 - May 10 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

And fans, including myself, were furious at how poor we were.

Now we get out shot 30-0 to at Huddersfield and something like 20-80 possession was, and fans on here considered it a great point. It's laughable.

It was 81% - 19% possession at Huddersfield

Last night at Chelsea it was 82% - 18% possession.

Huddersfield fans reckon f*ck the possession stats, it was a season saving point.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Michael Laudrup. on 09:19 - May 10 with 2933 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Michael Laudrup. on 23:25 - May 9 by Lord_Bony

One of the best managers in the history of the club.

Pity he lost interest half way through his second season.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Michael Laudrup. on 09:26 - May 10 with 2890 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Michael Laudrup. on 09:18 - May 10 by theloneranger

It was 81% - 19% possession at Huddersfield

Last night at Chelsea it was 82% - 18% possession.

Huddersfield fans reckon f*ck the possession stats, it was a season saving point.

Well they won't last very long if they treat every game like that. If we started our time in this league playing like that, we'd have had two seasons if we were lucky. It's no coincidence that when we started playing like this, we found ourselves in relegation fights deep into the season each year.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Michael Laudrup. on 09:29 - May 10 with 2897 viewsLeonWasGod

It was a breakdown between Chairman and Laudrup / Laudrup's agent. Also there were very strong rumours he was being undermined by senior players, especially Garry Monk who wasn't getting as much game time as he would have liked. We had a bit of a clique in the dressing room apparently, and the long-timers weren't happy about it.

Ultimately this all had an affect on the pitch, as the football became awful to watch. We could get up for the Europa League (but not always) but were sliding into the abyss in the PL. It felt the absolutely the right time for him to go - the vast majority were in agreement about that, but I don't recall any hounding particularly. We weren't comfortable at the time, I think we were close to the drop zone if not just in it. But I do think we'd have had a better chance to go further in the Europa League if we'd kept him.

In hindsight I wish we could role back the clock and he could have resolved his differences with the board (well, Huw Jenkins). As it's only got worse since. Monk killing the style, Jenkins c0cking up recruitment.

Sorry if anyone else has covered this, I only dip in and out of threads as most get ruined by personal slanging matches!
Michael Laudrup. on 09:39 - May 10 with 2870 viewsLoyal

No no hounded him out apart from the parochial inward looking Huw Jenkins.
As you know Saxoman, these things have a way of exploding in your face if you fck around for too long with someone's community football club.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Login to get fewer ads

Michael Laudrup. on 10:36 - May 10 with 2785 viewsKerouac

Michael Laudrup. on 09:29 - May 10 by LeonWasGod

It was a breakdown between Chairman and Laudrup / Laudrup's agent. Also there were very strong rumours he was being undermined by senior players, especially Garry Monk who wasn't getting as much game time as he would have liked. We had a bit of a clique in the dressing room apparently, and the long-timers weren't happy about it.

Ultimately this all had an affect on the pitch, as the football became awful to watch. We could get up for the Europa League (but not always) but were sliding into the abyss in the PL. It felt the absolutely the right time for him to go - the vast majority were in agreement about that, but I don't recall any hounding particularly. We weren't comfortable at the time, I think we were close to the drop zone if not just in it. But I do think we'd have had a better chance to go further in the Europa League if we'd kept him.

In hindsight I wish we could role back the clock and he could have resolved his differences with the board (well, Huw Jenkins). As it's only got worse since. Monk killing the style, Jenkins c0cking up recruitment.

Sorry if anyone else has covered this, I only dip in and out of threads as most get ruined by personal slanging matches!

The football was never "awful to watch".

We played nice football, the right way.
A lot of those results that went against us in that run (amidst Europa League and an injury crisis) were tremendously unlucky...also the board started chucking Laudrup grenades in terms of transfers.

Laudrup is the only manager I can remember who challenged our transfer policy and let it be known through the press that he was unhappy with decisions made re: players.

This led to the old guard realising that if Laudrup won that battle they would be out the door and younger, better replacements be brought in.
It was a gift for the board who didn't want to take the risk and spend the money (as well as moving on the likes of Ash for big bucks).
A clusterf*ck of a situation.

Lauds was knifed in the back and I said it then (on another forum);
"When I find myself on holiday in a decades time (when we are in League 1) and talk football with a fellow Brit who says; 'What went wrong at Swansea City then?'...I will point to this day".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Michael Laudrup. on 11:03 - May 10 with 2730 viewsMoscowJack

1. Most people are forgetting that we were sleepwalking towards relegation in ML's second season. We were spiraling down and ML's history of being a 'one season manager' was repeating itself. Maybe the 'older' players were right to address the issues with the training (fitness being a huge issue, if I remember correctly) and other things going on!!

2. I want Jenkins out (today preferably!) but he couldn't allow what's reported (by a very respected investigative journalist) to continue.

PLEASE read this.....or read it again if you have already read it.....it sums up why HJ couldn't continue to be held ransom by ML's scum of an agent:

https://thesefootballtimes.co/2017/04/27/michael-laudrup-and-the-death-of-a-once

How can an agent want a % of ALL transfers, even the ones not involving him? Madness.....

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Michael Laudrup. on 11:12 - May 10 with 2693 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Michael Laudrup. on 09:15 - May 10 by Captain_Sham

Free fall they said

He’s lost interest they said

In the middle of a European adventure

Then this ?

Bizarre

Exclusive: Carvalhal will not have his contract renewed in the summer. Can also confirm Swans approached Laudrup over a return before appointing CC dailym.ai/2I9gapW via @MailSport
[Post edited 10 May 2018 11:22]

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Michael Laudrup. on 12:38 - May 10 with 2628 viewsPrivate_Partz

Michael Laudrup. on 07:58 - May 10 by Dr_Winston

I wheel it out because it's true.

The club knew Michu had dodgy ankles in 12/13. It's one of the reasons they spent so big on Bony the following summer, to reduce our reliance on him. Laudrup preferred MM to Wilf, and MM certainly wasn't going to refuse to play.

Christ, he was visibly limping at the end of some games that season, yet week after week he'd start whilst Wilf kicked his heels on the bench.

Well agree to disagree then Doc.
I really cannot see ML going against medical advice and playing Michu. Look at the hot water Jose got into when he tried to overrrule the medics. He really was not that type of guy. Football was more of a hobby to him.
Players play with injuries and it is all done on medical advice. If Michu was insistent on playing then he would be as culpable for his ultimate downfall.
I think Michu was just one of many unfortunate instances where players have to finish their careers early. I bet that even today he would not blame ML or the medics for his downfall.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Michael Laudrup. on 12:44 - May 10 with 2602 viewsPrivate_Partz

Michael Laudrup. on 08:29 - May 10 by monmouth

F*ck all that. We should have got Rodgers and Allen instead of sticking with Guidolin and Fer. Two transfer windows for Rodgers and his style of play and we would not be in the shit.

We would not be in this mess had we stuck with Frankie.
As for Rodgers I am not so sure. Jenkins had not started on his DOF ego trip when Brenda jumped ship.
Do you think Jenkins would have given his recruitment job back to BR if we had appointed him? I bet it was one of a few reasons that he was not keen to rejoin us.
As for Allen well that is just a prime example of the Jenkins dithering incompetence resulting in a 16m panic spunk on Clucas who is barely worth a quarter of that.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Michael Laudrup. on 12:49 - May 10 with 2579 viewsPrivate_Partz

Michael Laudrup. on 08:32 - May 10 by swanforthemoney

So everyone was happy with Tutumlu taking a percentage of every transfer? Even when they weren’t his players?
There was a lot of disquiet on here at the time that Laudrup had stopped doing much with the players and travelling separately to matches.
We played the best football I’ve seen from a Swansea team under Laudrup but he was never going to be around for very long. Look at his record, he stays more than a couple of seasons at any club.

It was an odd setup to be sure, but an effective one. Agents taking a cut is hardly news.
As for the rumours well they were being drip fed by the club so much if it I would take with a pinch of salt. It was all part of the plan to get ML out as Jenkins had sided with the wrong warring faction.

Michael Laudrup. on 12:53 - May 10 with 2562 viewsLeonWasGod

Michael Laudrup. on 10:36 - May 10 by Kerouac

The football was never "awful to watch".

We played nice football, the right way.
A lot of those results that went against us in that run (amidst Europa League and an injury crisis) were tremendously unlucky...also the board started chucking Laudrup grenades in terms of transfers.

Laudrup is the only manager I can remember who challenged our transfer policy and let it be known through the press that he was unhappy with decisions made re: players.

This led to the old guard realising that if Laudrup won that battle they would be out the door and younger, better replacements be brought in.
It was a gift for the board who didn't want to take the risk and spend the money (as well as moving on the likes of Ash for big bucks).
A clusterf*ck of a situation.

Lauds was knifed in the back and I said it then (on another forum);
"When I find myself on holiday in a decades time (when we are in League 1) and talk football with a fellow Brit who says; 'What went wrong at Swansea City then?'...I will point to this day".

It was right at the end imo*. We lacked tempo, players looked disinterested - I vividly remember sitting through some horrible lacklustre efforts (although they'd probably be seen as a big improvement on now!). Plenty on here said it was the right time for him to go, it certainly felt it.

Monk's early performances were a breath of fresh air, starting with the win over cardiff - the tempo went up and players started to look interested again, which is what got him the longer contract.

I don't disagree with the rest though - he was undermined. A complete clusterf*ck of a period, and we've been reaping what we sowed ever since.

*although I did say at the time I thought we would have gone further in the Europa League had we kept Laudrup - whatever was going on behind the scenes, he did still managed to get more up for the Cup (last couple of group games aside, when we were flat but had already qualified)
Michael Laudrup. on 13:38 - May 10 with 2515 viewstheloneranger

Michael Laudrup. on 11:03 - May 10 by MoscowJack

1. Most people are forgetting that we were sleepwalking towards relegation in ML's second season. We were spiraling down and ML's history of being a 'one season manager' was repeating itself. Maybe the 'older' players were right to address the issues with the training (fitness being a huge issue, if I remember correctly) and other things going on!!

2. I want Jenkins out (today preferably!) but he couldn't allow what's reported (by a very respected investigative journalist) to continue.

PLEASE read this.....or read it again if you have already read it.....it sums up why HJ couldn't continue to be held ransom by ML's scum of an agent:

https://thesefootballtimes.co/2017/04/27/michael-laudrup-and-the-death-of-a-once

How can an agent want a % of ALL transfers, even the ones not involving him? Madness.....

Yet Jenkins was part of this so called conspiracy when he signed the deal

"When Laudrup extended his contract with Swansea, Tutumlu even persuaded the club to sign a deal that would grant him 7.5 percent of all transfer income, while the club was also obligated to pay him €470,000 per year to keep Laudrup at the club"

"According to Politiken, Tutumlu made up to €4.37 million during Laudrup’s stint in Wales."

April 2018

Swansea City paid £7.3m to agents last year for the absolute shite we signed.

No I don't agree with the amount of money Tutumlu was earning, but I know where the value for money is, and it's not with Pinnochio as DoF.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43635389

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Michael Laudrup. on 20:46 - May 10 with 2362 viewsSaxoman

A lot of you stating Laudrup could have took you down. I won't contest this, it may have occurred, but my contention is, even if he had and remained manager, I believe he'd have got you back up again and you'd be in a better position than you are and have been since his dismissal.
Michael Laudrup. on 20:49 - May 10 with 2342 viewsBanosswan

Michael Laudrup. on 20:46 - May 10 by Saxoman

A lot of you stating Laudrup could have took you down. I won't contest this, it may have occurred, but my contention is, even if he had and remained manager, I believe he'd have got you back up again and you'd be in a better position than you are and have been since his dismissal.

Hi Bayram

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Michael Laudrup. on 20:53 - May 10 with 2321 viewsSaxoman

Blackburn Rovers fan mate.
Michael Laudrup. on 20:55 - May 10 with 2295 viewsswan65split

Can Tutumlu speak english?
Michael Laudrup. on 21:03 - May 10 with 2256 viewsdameedna

He is right. Laudrup was removed for commercial reasons. However we lacked the funds to recruit the players he wanted. Could have tried a lot harder to meet half way.
Michael Laudrup. on 21:17 - May 10 with 2204 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Michael Laudrup. on 11:03 - May 10 by MoscowJack

Tutumulu made 4.5 million euros in commission on player acquisitions? My god, that equates to Sam Clucas' left leg. Not the whole of it either. Tutumulu, what a b*stard. Fancy finding the Michu's, Hernandez's and Chico's, DeGuzmans, etc and expecting some sort of reward for it. Unbelievable!

For what he did for us and the players he found I'd have Tutu in as DOF without delay. And Laudrup back too with no messing from the players. The trouble with what your friend did undermined him and made his position untenable. It's MM's and others actions that have put us in the place we're destined for - the championship.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Michael Laudrup. on 08:36 - May 11 with 2070 viewsPrivate_Partz

Michael Laudrup. on 21:17 - May 10 by Brynmill_Jack

Tutumulu made 4.5 million euros in commission on player acquisitions? My god, that equates to Sam Clucas' left leg. Not the whole of it either. Tutumulu, what a b*stard. Fancy finding the Michu's, Hernandez's and Chico's, DeGuzmans, etc and expecting some sort of reward for it. Unbelievable!

For what he did for us and the players he found I'd have Tutu in as DOF without delay. And Laudrup back too with no messing from the players. The trouble with what your friend did undermined him and made his position untenable. It's MM's and others actions that have put us in the place we're destined for - the championship.

Spot on as always Brynnie.

Michael Laudrup. on 08:47 - May 11 with 2048 viewsawayjack

Michael Laudrup. on 13:38 - May 10 by theloneranger

Yet Jenkins was part of this so called conspiracy when he signed the deal

"When Laudrup extended his contract with Swansea, Tutumlu even persuaded the club to sign a deal that would grant him 7.5 percent of all transfer income, while the club was also obligated to pay him €470,000 per year to keep Laudrup at the club"

"According to Politiken, Tutumlu made up to €4.37 million during Laudrup’s stint in Wales."

April 2018

Swansea City paid £7.3m to agents last year for the absolute shite we signed.

No I don't agree with the amount of money Tutumlu was earning, but I know where the value for money is, and it's not with Pinnochio as DoF.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43635389

Yup whilst he's outspoken and big ego, he delivered the best value group of signings and so earned his £4m or so commission and relative peanuts compared to the tens of millions we've wasted on a long list of terrible transfers in last 2/3 years.
Michael Laudrup. on 10:01 - May 11 with 1950 viewsProfessor

Michael Laudrup. on 08:47 - May 11 by awayjack

Yup whilst he's outspoken and big ego, he delivered the best value group of signings and so earned his £4m or so commission and relative peanuts compared to the tens of millions we've wasted on a long list of terrible transfers in last 2/3 years.

Michu, Bony, Hernandez, De Guzman, Chico, Ki (at times)

Even Pozuelo and Canas would be an improvement over what we have now.

Since ML left only Fabianski, Siggurdson and Llorente can be considered successful

of the others I would only rate the following as having some impact:

Gomis (poorly used)
Ayew A.-good at times
Jordan Ayew-decent enough
Mawson-good potential but has a way to go
Fernandez-reasonable over the last few seasons.

The rest are simply not good enough
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024