Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Michael Laudrup. 23:17 - May 9 with 29576 viewsSaxoman

Blackburn Rovers fan here. You shouldn't have hounded out Laudrup. Bad move chaps.

See you next season.
Michael Laudrup. on 18:32 - May 12 with 2184 viewsmoonie

Why is Darran calling Moscow Jack these names.

Is Moscow Jack a part of the club hierarchy . if so ,I'm won't post any more

Seems very unpleasant posters on here . what's with the reserection ? I've not seen this stuff before towards fellow fan.
Michael Laudrup. on 18:35 - May 12 with 2168 viewsmonmouth

Michael Laudrup. on 18:32 - May 12 by moonie

Seems very unpleasant posters on here . what's with the reserection ? I've not seen this stuff before towards fellow fan.

There’s only four of us on here with multiple user names and we all hate each other.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Michael Laudrup. on 18:43 - May 12 with 2138 viewsDarran

Because he’s not being honest.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Michael Laudrup. on 18:44 - May 12 with 2131 viewslonglostjack

Have you swallowed a Polish or Russian pill Moonie? What's happened to your English?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Michael Laudrup. on 19:08 - May 12 with 2070 viewsswan65split

Michael Laudrup. on 18:35 - May 12 by monmouth

There’s only four of us on here with multiple user names and we all hate each other.

Michael Laudrup. on 19:20 - May 12 with 2039 viewscostalotta

Michael Laudrup. on 18:28 - May 12 by monmouth

Why does everyone always ignore that Laudrup (1) was incredibly patchy and not one golden season? For every QPR and Arsenal, there was a Stoke, Villa and Everton, and we should have gone out of the cup at frigging Crawley if they hadn’t missed a sitter at 2-1. No way was it a procession of glorious football. In fact if we hadn’t squeaked past Wigan, he might not have survived that month. And from the cup win onwards there was not even 10 minutes of anything decent. We were guff and carried it into the following season apart from again a couple of memorable performances against 10 man Valencia and Manure in cups.

Laudrup season gave me some of my greatest memories, but non stop perfect football it most certainly was not.

Still, I was shocked to the core when he was sacked and, compared to what’s been served up since, it was total football.

Morgan and Jenkins are both duplicitous and untrustworthy ‘men’ that deserve to be bound together in an initial hall of fame and a final hall of shame.

All fair points monny.

Thing is there was a problem behind the scenes with some actively undermining him. I remember a couple of games like the ones you mention. For example, the stoke home game. 2 nil down, 3 -2 up and dodgy pen last minute gets them a draw. he's the last manager that oversaw a come back like that. Any quite a few other come backs (reading, Sunderland etc) . There was a clique and that is what done him and encouraged HJ down the path he went. Basically, HJ backed the wrong horse in term of the "long game". But that is n the past.

Lisa in a post (yesterday ?) mentioned what could be the moment where some turned the screw in his back which may have been leaving Monk out of the Bradford starting 11. That didn't help i'm sure but it was possibly before when certain members of the squad were complaining about his training and player conditioning methods. Point is, he want liked as much by certain squad members as others and that is likely because they rightly felt threatened due to what he demanded. Football is a game in contstand flux and as we know players move on or become surplus to requirements. Its pretty obvious who they were.

Considering that its no wonder we were a little bipolar as a team but i'd take that now? If he gets the opportunity to build without a clique i'd buy that option right now!
Michael Laudrup. on 22:26 - May 12 with 1900 viewsderijack

I dont really buy all of these 'Laudrup was patchy', 'He lost interest in the second season' viewpoints.

The way I see it (and I must add this is how I see it now, I was a little more naive at the time) is that based on the behaviour, comments and actions from various people since, then it is increasingly likely he wanted to move on the likes of Monk, Williams and possibly Leon and they went into self preservation mode which completely obliterated the dressing room.

When Monk signed Hernandez for Leeds for example, that made no sense to me as we were led to believe the Spanish contingent were to blame and he was soon shipped out.

To say Laudrup lost interest is total bollocks. If we were still getting the results, nobody would have raised an eyebrow. Did his persona or attitude actually change? Or is it a case of a calm persona when winning is great, but when losing is careless?

The way I see it is Williams et al had close ties with the board. This as a smaller club, on the up, was bound to be the case. However, when transitioning to the next level became a hinderance, with 'entrenched' players stirring the pot. They did their bit with dressing room and board and Laudrup was no more.

You could definitely argue that having stalwarts at the club isn't necessarily a good thing.

If you compare this to the likes of Ferguson at United. He's shipped out Beckham, Stam, Cantona, Keane and more. All massive players for them, but their time had been and gone. He had complete backing.

All managers have a few dodgy results. That will never change. They were probably prompts to upgrade some of the old guard for newer, younger recruits.

To say we only just scraped through here, or just did this there is scraping the barrel. We scraped through, end of story. When have we scraped through anything worthy of note since?

I would love to think we could get Laudrup back and give him carte blanche with the team, dealing with bust ups, shipping out when necessary and the board backing him to the hilt.

Lets forget the waving of notes, and get a Laudrup back chant going. Tweet Tutumlu and get the ball rolling.

Laudrup being in charge was the last time I felt proud of our club. Since then it has been a sea of disillusionment.

STID.

Michael Laudrup. on 22:33 - May 12 with 1871 viewsPrivate_Partz

Michael Laudrup. on 19:20 - May 12 by costalotta

All fair points monny.

Thing is there was a problem behind the scenes with some actively undermining him. I remember a couple of games like the ones you mention. For example, the stoke home game. 2 nil down, 3 -2 up and dodgy pen last minute gets them a draw. he's the last manager that oversaw a come back like that. Any quite a few other come backs (reading, Sunderland etc) . There was a clique and that is what done him and encouraged HJ down the path he went. Basically, HJ backed the wrong horse in term of the "long game". But that is n the past.

Lisa in a post (yesterday ?) mentioned what could be the moment where some turned the screw in his back which may have been leaving Monk out of the Bradford starting 11. That didn't help i'm sure but it was possibly before when certain members of the squad were complaining about his training and player conditioning methods. Point is, he want liked as much by certain squad members as others and that is likely because they rightly felt threatened due to what he demanded. Football is a game in contstand flux and as we know players move on or become surplus to requirements. Its pretty obvious who they were.

Considering that its no wonder we were a little bipolar as a team but i'd take that now? If he gets the opportunity to build without a clique i'd buy that option right now!

Top post. :-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Login to get fewer ads

Michael Laudrup. on 22:40 - May 12 with 1847 viewsPrivate_Partz

Michael Laudrup. on 22:26 - May 12 by derijack

I dont really buy all of these 'Laudrup was patchy', 'He lost interest in the second season' viewpoints.

The way I see it (and I must add this is how I see it now, I was a little more naive at the time) is that based on the behaviour, comments and actions from various people since, then it is increasingly likely he wanted to move on the likes of Monk, Williams and possibly Leon and they went into self preservation mode which completely obliterated the dressing room.

When Monk signed Hernandez for Leeds for example, that made no sense to me as we were led to believe the Spanish contingent were to blame and he was soon shipped out.

To say Laudrup lost interest is total bollocks. If we were still getting the results, nobody would have raised an eyebrow. Did his persona or attitude actually change? Or is it a case of a calm persona when winning is great, but when losing is careless?

The way I see it is Williams et al had close ties with the board. This as a smaller club, on the up, was bound to be the case. However, when transitioning to the next level became a hinderance, with 'entrenched' players stirring the pot. They did their bit with dressing room and board and Laudrup was no more.

You could definitely argue that having stalwarts at the club isn't necessarily a good thing.

If you compare this to the likes of Ferguson at United. He's shipped out Beckham, Stam, Cantona, Keane and more. All massive players for them, but their time had been and gone. He had complete backing.

All managers have a few dodgy results. That will never change. They were probably prompts to upgrade some of the old guard for newer, younger recruits.

To say we only just scraped through here, or just did this there is scraping the barrel. We scraped through, end of story. When have we scraped through anything worthy of note since?

I would love to think we could get Laudrup back and give him carte blanche with the team, dealing with bust ups, shipping out when necessary and the board backing him to the hilt.

Lets forget the waving of notes, and get a Laudrup back chant going. Tweet Tutumlu and get the ball rolling.

Laudrup being in charge was the last time I felt proud of our club. Since then it has been a sea of disillusionment.

STID.

Another great post.
Having said that I still have a nagging feeling Tutu maybe just off on one.
On the other hand he could also be pressurising Huw to go with his offer by raising the expectations of the fans.
Who knows? Like you I would love to see ML have another crack at it for a couple of years without all the sh!t he had t put up with previously.
It still seems along shot to me but I live in hope regardless.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Michael Laudrup. on 22:44 - May 12 with 1834 viewslonglostjack

Michael Laudrup. on 22:40 - May 12 by Private_Partz

Another great post.
Having said that I still have a nagging feeling Tutu maybe just off on one.
On the other hand he could also be pressurising Huw to go with his offer by raising the expectations of the fans.
Who knows? Like you I would love to see ML have another crack at it for a couple of years without all the sh!t he had t put up with previously.
It still seems along shot to me but I live in hope regardless.

I'm afraid he's just relishing the moment and twisting the knife in. Would love to be proved wrong.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Michael Laudrup. on 00:13 - May 13 with 1766 viewsPrivate_Partz

Michael Laudrup. on 22:44 - May 12 by longlostjack

I'm afraid he's just relishing the moment and twisting the knife in. Would love to be proved wrong.

It Is very likely. He could have done that without raising expectations though. I could understand the slagging off.
Hopefully the Club may have something to say to us after tomorrow's match.

Michael Laudrup. on 17:33 - May 13 with 1536 viewsMoscowJack

Michael Laudrup. on 18:43 - May 12 by Darran

Because he’s not being honest.

Unlike you, Darren, who can't wait to get to your keyboard to write things about former players dying of terminal cancer, I would never make things up or post anything without supporting evidence. Once you start lying, it's too easy to get caught out and you can't write some of the stuff I have without having many reliable sources.

MAYBE I've believed too much or maybe I'm naive at times, but I don't believe I have been. I genuinely believe, with hand on my heart, what I've said is 100% true as I have often been present when certain things happened. You weren't, yet call me a liar. Such a hypocrite. In my job I have to judge people very quickly and I can usually see a snake a mile off, so I'll just do what I normally do and say that I'm probably not far from the truth.

Finally, about Bayram....I also don't care if an agent gets a fair cut if the transfer are more hit than miss but (a) Bayram's record wasn't as good as many recall through rose-tinted glasses and (b) making 30% fee on the signings he made, pimping our better players around other clubs to generate himself more income plus taking back-handers from players to get them more money from the club we love just makes me sick.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Michael Laudrup. on 17:43 - May 13 with 1475 viewsmoonie

As I'm new,what was so bad about Darren and making comments about some former player
Michael Laudrup. on 18:09 - May 13 with 1432 viewsDarran

Michael Laudrup. on 17:43 - May 13 by moonie

As I'm new,what was so bad about Darren and making comments about some former player

Go fuçk yourself you perverted Scouce cùnt.
Don’t come back on here being a clever prick.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024