Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nile Ranger to Dale! 23:41 - Jan 26 with 50575 viewsoddjob007

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/8287721/nile-ranger-rochdale-newcastle-t
Nile Ranger to Dale! on 15:48 - Jan 30 with 3270 viewsBrookers81

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 15:42 - Jan 30 by Molly

An opinion based on flawed logic.------Molly.

In your opinion

Poll: Which position do we need to sign a new player in first ?

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 15:49 - Jan 30 with 3269 viewsscarrow

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 15:44 - Jan 30 by seasidedale

Wouldnt be suprised if one of the 3 was zach clough, it was said at the forum he he is now fit and were hoping to get him back

Tomorrow could be an interesting day. One loan space available so I’d expect that to be filled at least. Lets hope that it’s a busy day in a positive way

Poll: Final position

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 15:56 - Jan 30 with 3216 viewsdingdangblue

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 15:44 - Jan 30 by seasidedale

Wouldnt be suprised if one of the 3 was zach clough, it was said at the forum he he is now fit and were hoping to get him back

Weve already got 1 wasted loan in Norman - we dont need another one.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 15:59 - Jan 30 with 3193 viewsD_Alien

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 15:00 - Jan 30 by Brookers81

Think I read Southend terminated his contract on 4th of January last year.
https://www.transfermarkt.com/nile-ranger/profil/spieler/88750

Gonna be honest here and say I don't think we will get any permanent signings in, think we will just loan a young unknown left back until the end of season at best.

If this board keeps to its word about backing Hill at the AGM, then give him the 3 permanent signings he wants. If he does not get them, then any future anger at performances should be directed at the board, not Hill as they will of hung him out to dry.

In a post a few days ago, you said you were 39 years old

Using "of" instead of "have" (as in "they will of hung him out to dry") is something that's only started being used in the past decade. It's still wrong and makes nonsense of whatever sentence it's in, but that's by the by...

But why are you trying to sound like a much younger person - which i mistakenly took you for, due to the misuse of language as well as other things?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 16:01 - Jan 30 with 3186 viewsSuddenLad

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 15:59 - Jan 30 by D_Alien

Using "of" instead of "have" (as in "they will of hung him out to dry") is something that's only started being used in the past decade. It's still wrong and makes nonsense of whatever sentence it's in, but that's by the by...

But why are you trying to sound like a much younger person - which i mistakenly took you for, due to the misuse of language as well as other things?

Perceptive as ever.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 16:02 - Jan 30 with 3173 viewsTVOS1907

TVHS?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 16:07 - Jan 30 with 3134 viewsscarrow

Free agents can sign after the transfer window (I think)

Poll: Final position

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 16:10 - Jan 30 with 3112 viewsfitzochris

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 16:07 - Jan 30 by scarrow

Free agents can sign after the transfer window (I think)

Only if they left their previous club before the end of August 2018, though.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Login to get fewer ads

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 18:05 - Jan 30 with 2823 viewsBrierls

The signing of Pyke looks to have put this one to bed.

Holier than thou mode back on.
Nile Ranger to Dale! on 18:12 - Jan 30 with 2800 viewsBrookers81

Poll: Which position do we need to sign a new player in first ?

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 18:18 - Jan 30 with 2773 viewsJames1980

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 18:05 - Jan 30 by Brierls

The signing of Pyke looks to have put this one to bed.

Holier than thou mode back on.

Although Pyke is a loanee could Ranger be still be a permanent signing?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 18:22 - Jan 30 with 2760 viewsBrierls

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 18:18 - Jan 30 by James1980

Although Pyke is a loanee could Ranger be still be a permanent signing?

I doubt we'd sign two new strikers, unless we're offloading one the current strikers in the squad.

I can say with confidence that if Ranger did sign it won't be on loan
Nile Ranger to Dale! on 18:43 - Jan 30 with 2697 viewsSaxonDale

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 18:22 - Jan 30 by Brierls

I doubt we'd sign two new strikers, unless we're offloading one the current strikers in the squad.

Unfortunately I’d agree with that. Regardless of what contract we offer ranger we can’t really justify having another striker on the books unless we offload another. It’s jsut so frustrating that we’ve got such a waste of a wage in Wilbraham because from a purely footballing perspective Ranger would have been a great gamble to take between now and the end of the season.
Nile Ranger to Dale! on 18:58 - Jan 30 with 2646 viewsJames1980

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 18:43 - Jan 30 by SaxonDale

Unfortunately I’d agree with that. Regardless of what contract we offer ranger we can’t really justify having another striker on the books unless we offload another. It’s jsut so frustrating that we’ve got such a waste of a wage in Wilbraham because from a purely footballing perspective Ranger would have been a great gamble to take between now and the end of the season.

How long is AW contract? Is it possible we could sign NR and Hill could say to AW 'you will get little if no games now. Accept offers from other clubs, loan or permanent or it will be reserves or bench at best for you'.

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 19:06 - Jan 30 with 2617 viewsDaleiLama

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 18:22 - Jan 30 by Brierls

We would need to check on the availability of Silver before we contemplate a loan Ranger surely?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 20:00 - Jan 30 with 2484 viewsrichfoad32

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 18:58 - Jan 30 by James1980

How long is AW contract? Is it possible we could sign NR and Hill could say to AW 'you will get little if no games now. Accept offers from other clubs, loan or permanent or it will be reserves or bench at best for you'.

I doubt there are too many clubs lining up to sign a 38 year old who looks like he's going through the motions and costing a relatively hefty wage to do so.
Nile Ranger to Dale! on 20:09 - Jan 30 with 2447 viewsJames1980

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 20:00 - Jan 30 by richfoad32

I doubt there are too many clubs lining up to sign a 38 year old who looks like he's going through the motions and costing a relatively hefty wage to do so.

Good point but from a pride point of view will AW want to finish his career languishing in the reserves?

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 20:17 - Jan 30 with 2412 viewsTVOS1907

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 20:09 - Jan 30 by James1980

Good point but from a pride point of view will AW want to finish his career languishing in the reserves?

It doesn't matter what he wants to do.

He's contracted until the end of the season and unless something happens tomorrow, he'll have to abide by the manager's decisions.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 20:24 - Jan 30 with 2381 viewsrichfoad32

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 20:09 - Jan 30 by James1980

The point still stands though, even if Alby desired a move somebody has got to want to take him and the list of potential suitors won't be very long.

I don't know about his pride but I can imagine him quite happily picking up his wages for minimal effort as he winds down his last few months as a pro. He won't be the last player to do that. Maybe the club can come to an agreement to pay him off I don't know, it's just been a disastrous signing from the get go.
Nile Ranger to Dale! on 20:38 - Jan 30 with 2324 viewsJames1980

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 20:17 - Jan 30 by TVOS1907

It doesn't matter what he wants to do.

He's contracted until the end of the season and unless something happens tomorrow, he'll have to abide by the manager's decisions.

Total speculation on my part.

If his contract with Dale includes an elements of appearance, goals and assist bonuses, could it not end up being financially advantageous for him to end his career as a regular for a league 2 or even national league side playing regularly and perhaps chipping in a few goals than mainly being a squad player at The Crown Oil Arena ?

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 22:41 - Jan 30 with 2060 viewsShun

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 15:22 - Jan 30 by Brookers81

But he did say three new characters in.
We already have 4 loan players, we can only play five at a time.
Not rocket science that the club now has to sign permanent players.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2019 15:24]

Does that mean that with Norman, EEL, Hamilton, Holden and now Pyke we won’t have to leave any of them out of the squad?
Nile Ranger to Dale! on 00:51 - Jan 31 with 1904 viewssweetcorn

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 20:38 - Jan 30 by James1980

Total speculation on my part.

If his contract with Dale includes an elements of appearance, goals and assist bonuses, could it not end up being financially advantageous for him to end his career as a regular for a league 2 or even national league side playing regularly and perhaps chipping in a few goals than mainly being a squad player at The Crown Oil Arena ?

A fully fit, behaving and performing ranger would be a regular starter for us..

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 07:25 - Jan 31 with 1726 viewsfitzochris

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 00:51 - Jan 31 by sweetcorn

A fully fit, behaving and performing ranger would be a regular starter for us..

Could be wrong, but I’d be surprised if we sign Ranger today. Sounds like he’s touring a few clubs on the training front.

It’s a new left back or bust as far as I’m concerned today.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 07:42 - Jan 31 with 1706 viewsmacro

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 07:25 - Jan 31 by fitzochris

Could be wrong, but I’d be surprised if we sign Ranger today. Sounds like he’s touring a few clubs on the training front.

Agree with you on both counts. Hill said he wanted 3 in but I'd just settle for a decent left back as the signing today.
Nile Ranger to Dale! on 08:35 - Jan 31 with 1634 viewsD_Alien

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 07:25 - Jan 31 by fitzochris

We'll need to keep abreast of developments

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024