Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jimmy Carr. 10:28 - Feb 15 with 21904 viewsSnipper

A group of us went to see Jimmy Carr at Indigo O2 on Sunday night, and he was absolutely brilliant.
One early heckler got it for the rest of the show. The poor bloke got absolutely slaughtered. Lol 😂.

Anyway, it was completely sold out, and I wasn’t aware of anybody who was offended.

You know what you’re getting with Jimmy Carr, so if anybody doesn’t like him or his material, then don’t go, or don’t watch him on Netflix or normal television.

He said very early on in his show that he knows he’ll be cancelled coz of that ‘joke’.
The vast majority are having to pander to the very small minority. It’s their way or the highway.

Great comedy will always cause some sort of offence to somebody, whether it’s mother in law jokes, wife jokes, sexual jokes, religious jokes or general dysfunctional jokes.

Sunday was the first time I’d actually seen a proper stand up comedian live, and I’ll definitely go and see more in the future. And I don’t mean left wing political so called comedians like Nish Kumar. He’s as funny as having your nuts cut off with a blunt spoon.
Jimmy Carr. on 12:04 - Feb 16 with 1770 viewsParkRoyalR

Jimmy Carr. on 12:03 - Feb 16 by ParkRoyalR

Konk, i won't have a bad word said against Jimmy, as Mrs Redknapp said, he proved to be a true friend and stayed around after Jamie and his celebrity friends moved on..er I bet he did!

Edit - that was Jimmy Carr not Jim Davidson, although similar moral compass!
Jimmy Carr. on 12:11 - Feb 16 with 1727 viewsLythamR

Voice of the thread
"HELP HELP I'VE BEEN HIJACKED
Jimmy Carr. on 12:11 - Feb 16 with 1727 viewsKonk

Jimmy Carr. on 12:04 - Feb 16 by SheffieldHoop

Tbf for an ex-TV comedian Wycombe and Dartford does seem a bit small time.
But then I saw Nish Kumar in the upstairs room of a pub in Kennington a couple of years back and that also seemed very small time. He was quite bad as well, there was a young girl from the North East opening and she was probably the highlight of that night. New vs Best & most rehearsed material I guess. Anyway, I stopped going to comedy as it became hard to find a comedian not saying the same old stuff (Trump, Tories etc)

You should go and see Geoff Norcott(?). He’s not very funny, but he does spend an awful lot of time moaning about how difficult it is being a right-wing comedian. Seemingly oblivious to the fact that he’s presumably only ever booked on the telly in the ‘interests of balance’ and if he stopped whining about how unfair everything is, he’d probably never be seen from again. Loads of comedians out there who aren’t remotely political, so not sure about them all referencing Trump, Tories etc.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Jimmy Carr. on 12:14 - Feb 16 with 1671 viewsSheffieldHoop

Jimmy Carr. on 12:11 - Feb 16 by Konk

You should go and see Geoff Norcott(?). He’s not very funny, but he does spend an awful lot of time moaning about how difficult it is being a right-wing comedian. Seemingly oblivious to the fact that he’s presumably only ever booked on the telly in the ‘interests of balance’ and if he stopped whining about how unfair everything is, he’d probably never be seen from again. Loads of comedians out there who aren’t remotely political, so not sure about them all referencing Trump, Tories etc.

Should I? Is that what I should do, is it?
Nah, you're alright
I'll stick with Dave Chapelle, thanks.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Jimmy Carr. on 12:25 - Feb 16 with 1680 viewskensalriser

Here's what Carr actually said:

“When people talk about the Holocaust, they talk about the tragedy and horror of 6 million Jewish lives being lost to the Nazi war machine. But they never mention the thousands of Gypsies that were killed by the Nazis.

“No one ever wants to talk about that, because no one ever wants to talk about the positives.”

For those who keep saying he was just pointing out that people other than Jews were murdered in the Holocaust, focus on the word 'positives'.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Jimmy Carr. on 12:28 - Feb 16 with 1624 viewsSheffieldHoop

Jimmy Carr. on 12:11 - Feb 16 by LythamR

Voice of the thread

Happens every time I come on here
Bit of subtle piss taking
The same 5 users start having a hissy fit
"Ooooh please show the evidence"
"Ooooooh you just don't know what you're talking about"
"Oooooooooooh it's just a few bad apples doing the bad stuff"
And In the end, I prove I'm right

Jimmy Carr. on 12:31 - Feb 16 with 1614 viewsSheffieldHoop

Jimmy Carr. on 12:25 - Feb 16 by kensalriser

“When people talk about the Holocaust, they talk about the tragedy and horror of 6 million Jewish lives being lost to the Nazi war machine. But they never mention the thousands of Gypsies that were killed by the Nazis.

“No one ever wants to talk about that, because no one ever wants to talk about the positives.”

For those who keep saying he was just pointing out that people other than Jews were murdered in the Holocaust, focus on the word 'positives'.

Thing is, if Stuart Lee had said it, you'd all be lathering yourselves up for a VVank.

Jimmy Carr. on 12:31 - Feb 16 with 1644 viewsknocker

Jimmy Carr. on 11:31 - Feb 16 by SheffieldHoop

I vaguely remember Jim Davidson from a show called Generation game from when I was a kid - Did he get canceled or something? Just seemed to disappear completely one day?
He any good?

Absolutely hilarious. But not for luvies
Login to get fewer ads

Jimmy Carr. on 12:38 - Feb 16 with 1625 viewsngbqpr

Jimmy Carr. on 11:26 - Feb 16 by SheffieldHoop

So it was a stunt? But I've seen the video? Just because some trans lobby group has eventually got them to add this "correction" - It doesn't make it true

How about this then?

"Recently, a “man” claiming to be transgender, who had not yet begun physical treatments, was permitted by our local Y to use the women’s locker room. There are no secure change rooms. The person they allowed in was not courteous and stared at me while I struggled out of a wet bathing suit. He was naked, had an erection and playfully asked ‘do you come here often?’ I understand that gender is no longer judged solely by genitalia, but does a brief contact with the duty manager mean that men not yet committed to gender reassignment are free to disrobe anywhere they choose?"
https://www.thestar.com/life/2014/01/04/transgender_mans_behaviour_in_changeroom
(Then goes on to say how valid trans people are n all that because I guess she's Canadian and doesn't want to be cancelled. Speaking of Canada, how aboot those truckers eh? Maybe if the Anti-woke on this site actually used this site as you lot suggest, we'd have a multi page thread on that too?)
[Post edited 16 Feb 2022 11:28]

Read the W Post article as you suggested, usual anti-trans hysteria present & correct.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Jimmy Carr. on 13:20 - Feb 16 with 1551 viewsNorthernr

Jimmy Carr. on 12:11 - Feb 16 by LythamR

Voice of the thread

I don't know how many different ways I can ask/plea that we don't have this sht on here.
Jimmy Carr. on 13:30 - Feb 16 with 1497 viewsAntti_Heinola

Jimmy Carr. on 12:25 - Feb 16 by kensalriser

Hands up - I had not seen the exact quote.
That's indefensible.
Shows I need to watch something before pronouncing on it!

Bare bones.

Jimmy Carr. on 13:38 - Feb 16 with 1418 viewsSheffieldHoop

Jimmy Carr. on 13:20 - Feb 16 by Northernr

I don't know how many different ways I can ask/plea that we don't have this sht on here.

What, threads about comedy?

Has anyone seen Bill Burr? He's brilliant, says some things that might offend the Libs of LFW - But he's really good.

Jimmy Carr. on 13:57 - Feb 16 with 1389 viewswombat

Jimmy Carr. on 10:56 - Feb 16 by stowmarketrange

You liked the old Susan Boyle?

any port in a storm these days lol

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Jimmy Carr. on 13:59 - Feb 16 with 1354 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The solution is in your hands.
Jimmy Carr. on 14:03 - Feb 16 with 1323 viewsSheffieldHoop

Jimmy Carr. on 13:59 - Feb 16 by BazzaInTheLoft

The solution is in your hands.

Not really, I've got a whole load of other accounts, apparently - I can just use one of those, right?

P.s Cancel culture doesn't exist! I'm just gonna call for someone to be banned for posting stuff I disagree with!
[Post edited 16 Feb 2022 14:44]

Jimmy Carr. on 14:29 - Feb 16 with 1278 viewsjoe90

Jimmy Carr. on 13:30 - Feb 16 by Antti_Heinola

Hands up - I had not seen the exact quote.
That's indefensible.
Shows I need to watch something before pronouncing on it!

That's not the entire quote.

The sketch is on YouTube, it's about 2 minutes, listen to the entire thing, it's not as offensive as everyone's making out.

Yes, it's crass, but listen to it in context.

Anyway, we've just lost to Millwall and the entire club is in crisis. We've got much bigger things to worry about than Jimmy Carr!
[Post edited 16 Feb 2022 20:09]
Jimmy Carr. on 14:36 - Feb 16 with 1257 viewsBklynRanger

I consider Tyson Fury to be an objectionable homophobic tit, but I do find myself gravitating back to his comments on this as somehow the neatest, most suitable response.

Ok Jimmy you can make that tasteless joke if you see fit but here's a response from the gipsy community. Wallop. There's something for everyone there.

Certain people are so ready to take up 'sides' about this sort of thing when I really don't see the need, like they're gasping to graft their little pocket ideology onto everything in life - "I'm better than you because of x, y and z with this being yet another example." Just fcuk off.
Jimmy Carr. on 14:56 - Feb 16 with 1186 viewsSheffieldHoop

Jimmy Carr. on 14:36 - Feb 16 by BklynRanger

I consider Tyson Fury to be an objectionable homophobic tit, but I do find myself gravitating back to his comments on this as somehow the neatest, most suitable response.

Ok Jimmy you can make that tasteless joke if you see fit but here's a response from the gipsy community. Wallop. There's something for everyone there.

Certain people are so ready to take up 'sides' about this sort of thing when I really don't see the need, like they're gasping to graft their little pocket ideology onto everything in life - "I'm better than you because of x, y and z with this being yet another example." Just fcuk off.

I don't use the ignore poster option because I want to be able to push back on overtly wrong posts. Like those people trying to make out everyone should be forced to get a vaccine, no matter what. But for people who don't want their views challenged, that's always an option.

Jimmy Carr. on 15:02 - Feb 16 with 1178 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Apologies.

Hard enough week without moderating this.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Jimmy Carr. on 15:03 - Feb 16 with 1176 viewsNW5Hoop

Jimmy Carr. on 10:48 - Feb 16 by SheffieldHoop

Was a couple of weeks of getting dragged on social media not what led to the death of Caroline Flack?

#BeNice n all that

"Don't say outrageous things"
What? Like that women deserve woman-only spaces, where trans people aren't waving their cocks about? Ooooh outrageous.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2022 10:51]

First, Caroline Flack wasn't "cancelled" — which refers to ground-up pressure from ordinary people; she was ripped apart by the tabloids. That's a completely different thing. Social media is a crappy thing, but don't pretend everything bad that happens on social media "cancellation".

Second, you have not one single idea what my views are on trans/GC politics. So that seems like a very bloody odd thing to drag in out of nowhere.
Jimmy Carr. on 15:06 - Feb 16 with 1170 viewsBklynRanger

Jimmy Carr. on 14:56 - Feb 16 by SheffieldHoop

I don't use the ignore poster option because I want to be able to push back on overtly wrong posts. Like those people trying to make out everyone should be forced to get a vaccine, no matter what. But for people who don't want their views challenged, that's always an option.

It's one reason to use ignore yes, there are others of course.

Strange you bring in the vaccine stuff - hope you're not misremembering our conversation(?).
Jimmy Carr. on 15:12 - Feb 16 with 1137 viewsSheffieldHoop

Jimmy Carr. on 15:06 - Feb 16 by BklynRanger

It's one reason to use ignore yes, there are others of course.

Strange you bring in the vaccine stuff - hope you're not misremembering our conversation(?).

Is this the bit where someone asks me a question about something I've referenced as an example, and I get accused of hijacking the thread?
No - I'm not saying you were backing the mandate - but people were - And that's why a lot of the people I really ought to stick on the ignored list remain unignored.
Because seriously, if people don't like the political threads, ignore the political posters. Everyone knows who is who by now. It's easy to not click on it if you really don't want to.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2022 15:13]

Jimmy Carr. on 15:19 - Feb 16 with 1113 viewsBklynRanger

Jimmy Carr. on 15:12 - Feb 16 by SheffieldHoop

Is this the bit where someone asks me a question about something I've referenced as an example, and I get accused of hijacking the thread?
No - I'm not saying you were backing the mandate - but people were - And that's why a lot of the people I really ought to stick on the ignored list remain unignored.
Because seriously, if people don't like the political threads, ignore the political posters. Everyone knows who is who by now. It's easy to not click on it if you really don't want to.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2022 15:13]

I'm not the one raising the word 'vaccine'!...

Part of my point was I don't think this topic necessarily has to be a political one. I'm 110% sure others will disagree, but Snipper's post would stand even without his last paragraph. I made my contribution to it in that vein - tired to anyway.
Jimmy Carr. on 15:27 - Feb 16 with 1086 viewsrobith

Jimmy Carr. on 12:28 - Feb 16 by SheffieldHoop

Happens every time I come on here
Bit of subtle piss taking
The same 5 users start having a hissy fit
"Ooooh please show the evidence"
"Ooooooh you just don't know what you're talking about"
"Oooooooooooh it's just a few bad apples doing the bad stuff"
And In the end, I prove I'm right

Deleted having seen Northern's post
[Post edited 16 Feb 2022 15:28]
Jimmy Carr. on 15:38 - Feb 16 with 1051 viewsSheffieldHoop

Jimmy Carr. on 15:19 - Feb 16 by BklynRanger

I'm not the one raising the word 'vaccine'!...

Part of my point was I don't think this topic necessarily has to be a political one. I'm 110% sure others will disagree, but Snipper's post would stand even without his last paragraph. I made my contribution to it in that vein - tired to anyway.

I disagree. This thread is a classic culture war issue. I don't think that it was started for those reasons, unlike Bazza who seems to be going through a real moment of crisis, but it was always gonna go that way.

And then the guardian journalist piped up.......and here we are

I tried to make a point the other day about Derby's admin situation and got pounced on - It's the internet. It happens.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024