Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jimmy Carr. 10:28 - Feb 15 with 21905 viewsSnipper

A group of us went to see Jimmy Carr at Indigo O2 on Sunday night, and he was absolutely brilliant.
One early heckler got it for the rest of the show. The poor bloke got absolutely slaughtered. Lol 😂.

Anyway, it was completely sold out, and I wasn’t aware of anybody who was offended.

You know what you’re getting with Jimmy Carr, so if anybody doesn’t like him or his material, then don’t go, or don’t watch him on Netflix or normal television.

He said very early on in his show that he knows he’ll be cancelled coz of that ‘joke’.
The vast majority are having to pander to the very small minority. It’s their way or the highway.

Great comedy will always cause some sort of offence to somebody, whether it’s mother in law jokes, wife jokes, sexual jokes, religious jokes or general dysfunctional jokes.

Sunday was the first time I’d actually seen a proper stand up comedian live, and I’ll definitely go and see more in the future. And I don’t mean left wing political so called comedians like Nish Kumar. He’s as funny as having your nuts cut off with a blunt spoon.
Jimmy Carr. on 16:22 - Feb 18 with 1678 viewsBklynRanger

Jimmy Carr. on 16:14 - Feb 18 by Northernr

You mean eight pages of this hasn't been enlightening enough?

A mere appetiser mate! I'll have 12 pages on Frank Bough by Sunday morning, you watch...
Jimmy Carr. on 17:30 - Feb 18 with 1580 viewsdistortR

Jimmy Carr. on 11:11 - Feb 18 by SheffieldHoop

I've met Stu a few times - he never struck me as anything other than a decent bloke
My dad used to perform with Stalking Heads a couple of times a year - I was the roadie!

I only know about his radio persona and his warblings now he's an MHK, to be fair. And tbh, I never listen to Manx Radio unless I'm working somewhere and it's on. When the jingle "Manx radio - the soundtrack to your life" plays, I want to give up and die.

I take it your Dad was a guest performer and not a Manx Radio presenter?!

Konk's mistake aside, how that post was 'disliked' is beyond me.
Jimmy Carr. on 17:44 - Feb 18 with 1531 viewsSheffieldHoop

Jimmy Carr. on 17:30 - Feb 18 by distortR

I only know about his radio persona and his warblings now he's an MHK, to be fair. And tbh, I never listen to Manx Radio unless I'm working somewhere and it's on. When the jingle "Manx radio - the soundtrack to your life" plays, I want to give up and die.

Yeh, he was a guest - Just a bit of fun really. Marc Tyley was his best mate from childhood and is my godfather. I quite like the Jingle, although I usually only hear it during TT week!

As for the dislikes - I've got used to it, I could make this post about the monologue Marc gave at my dad's funeral, and I'd still get dislikes. I'd probably also get a PM or 2 of support from posters I actually admire from this board. So who cares.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Jimmy Carr. on 17:47 - Feb 18 with 1533 viewsdistortR

Jimmy Carr. on 17:44 - Feb 18 by SheffieldHoop

Yeh, he was a guest - Just a bit of fun really. Marc Tyley was his best mate from childhood and is my godfather. I quite like the Jingle, although I usually only hear it during TT week!

As for the dislikes - I've got used to it, I could make this post about the monologue Marc gave at my dad's funeral, and I'd still get dislikes. I'd probably also get a PM or 2 of support from posters I actually admire from this board. So who cares.

ha! when I hear that jingle, I think "Is this all there really is?"!
Jimmy Carr. on 18:14 - Feb 18 with 1489 viewsDiscodroids

Hearing 'Derek and Clive' on C90 Tape As a kid in the 70's had as a profound impact on my soul as did hearing Jeff Mills DJ For the frirst time at the Wag, or seeing Dennis Hopper in 'apocalypse now', or reading william burroughs 'naked lunch' when i was 19 sitting in my Mark 2 capri outside a slum industrial estate in Stratford on my tea breaks from sweating my bollocks off in an extrusion moulding factory working with a load of Farah trouser wearing cu nts.

Seeing my first Mark Ryden Painting.. HeAring John Cooper Clarke recite 'ChickenTown'. hearing Gil Scott Herons' Moving Target' on Vinyl on a 1210 deck. Seeing Robert Crumb cartoons... You get my drift.

Saying i adore the Peter cook and Dudley Moore 'derek and clive' tapes to some people on here will probably be more mortifying to them than being caught by the mother in law emerging out of the plastic strip curtains of a soho sex shop, with a bottle of Amyl Nitrate, a Prince Albert & a rubber tie dye 12" Cock with love nodules moulded to its girth.

I find Jimmy Carr about as funny as seeing bright blood on the Andrex after a good wipe and Nish Kumer as much fun as being cornered by the pub jukebox by a Bloke in sergio tacchini , wired up on a Smartie Cap top of petrol washed peruvian flake gak ranting about his cu nt of an ex wife who only lets him see the kids at a contact centre at the weekends while she rides the 8 inch painted pony with her latest fuc kpiece.

If my choice of humor sees me in front of some twitter latter day Roland Freisler at the comedy white Rose show trials slamming down their cancel culture Gavel in final sentence in front of a lascivious jury on what can be deemed offensive to this year zero society we find ourselves in... They can fu ck right off mate.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2022 18:49]

A Number One.

Jimmy Carr. on 18:26 - Feb 18 with 1441 viewsSnipper

Jimmy Carr. on 17:30 - Feb 18 by distortR

It’s no surprise when you see the names. Especially the latter one.
Jimmy Carr. on 19:33 - Feb 18 with 1297 viewsDiscodroids

Am i the only person whose disdain for 'Have i got news for you' and 'The Last Leg' is uncharted on the mean mode and median of any known tangible charts of contempt?. Flabby, bloated, Prog rock Comedy that's as cutting edge as Peters and Lee in Viscose safari suits on Ronnie Hazelhursts 'Seaside special'.

The 3rd millennium ' wheeltapers and shunters social club' .
[Post edited 18 Feb 2022 19:36]

A Number One.

Jimmy Carr. on 20:20 - Feb 18 with 1226 viewsNorthernr

Jimmy Carr. on 19:33 - Feb 18 by Discodroids

Am i the only person whose disdain for 'Have i got news for you' and 'The Last Leg' is uncharted on the mean mode and median of any known tangible charts of contempt?. Flabby, bloated, Prog rock Comedy that's as cutting edge as Peters and Lee in Viscose safari suits on Ronnie Hazelhursts 'Seaside special'.

Have I got News For You used to be the best show on TV, 20 years ago maybe. Long since had its day, both in format and content. Very poor watch now. Stale, smug. Not aided by a 'hilarious' Twitter feed run by the very London-based production company.

The Last Leg has always been as funny as a dose of the clap.
Login to get fewer ads

Jimmy Carr. on 20:33 - Feb 18 with 1181 viewskensalriser

I find The Last Leg unbearable and Have I Got News For You averagely tedious. Derek and Clive though...in what world aren't they funny, providing you aren't offended by profanity?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Jimmy Carr. on 20:37 - Feb 18 with 1158 viewsSheffieldHoop

Jimmy Carr. on 19:33 - Feb 18 by Discodroids

Just lovely

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Jimmy Carr. on 21:10 - Feb 18 with 1117 viewsDiscodroids

Jimmy Carr. on 20:37 - Feb 18 by SheffieldHoop

Just lovely

"Give my love to Robyn.. yeah, ok mate, take care..... Cu nt."

A Number One.

Jimmy Carr. on 21:26 - Feb 18 with 1091 viewsDiscodroids

A Number One.

Jimmy Carr. on 07:33 - Feb 19 with 978 viewsPaddyhoops

Jimmy Carr. on 20:33 - Feb 18 by kensalriser

I find The Last Leg unbearable and Have I Got News For You averagely tedious. Derek and Clive though...in what world aren't they funny, providing you aren't offended by profanity?

With you on the last leg. Inhabited by Identikit, unfunny career comics, all in the same stable as the regulars on mock the week and Qi.
One decent debut DVD and then making a career out of One show and Sunday brunch appearances.
Best show during lockdown was the reappearance of Vic and Bobs big night out.
Daft as brushes, the pair of them but brilliant.
As for Derek and Clive, great but not as good as the original Pete and Dud.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024