Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jimmy Carr. 10:28 - Feb 15 with 21902 viewsSnipper

A group of us went to see Jimmy Carr at Indigo O2 on Sunday night, and he was absolutely brilliant.
One early heckler got it for the rest of the show. The poor bloke got absolutely slaughtered. Lol 😂.

Anyway, it was completely sold out, and I wasn’t aware of anybody who was offended.

You know what you’re getting with Jimmy Carr, so if anybody doesn’t like him or his material, then don’t go, or don’t watch him on Netflix or normal television.

He said very early on in his show that he knows he’ll be cancelled coz of that ‘joke’.
The vast majority are having to pander to the very small minority. It’s their way or the highway.

Great comedy will always cause some sort of offence to somebody, whether it’s mother in law jokes, wife jokes, sexual jokes, religious jokes or general dysfunctional jokes.

Sunday was the first time I’d actually seen a proper stand up comedian live, and I’ll definitely go and see more in the future. And I don’t mean left wing political so called comedians like Nish Kumar. He’s as funny as having your nuts cut off with a blunt spoon.
Jimmy Carr. on 12:41 - Feb 15 with 2566 viewsMrSheen

Jimmy Carr. on 12:11 - Feb 15 by BazzaInTheLoft

Jimmy Carr. on 12:46 - Feb 15 with 2529 viewsSnipper

Jimmy Carr. on 12:35 - Feb 15 by kensalriser

Another deliberately antagonistic thread looking to make some sort of cack-handed political point.

Anyone know when Rangers are next playing?

As the OP, I wasn’t trying to be antagonistic at all. The week leading up to this gig was way over the top.

Anybody can be offended, that’s their right. But they should not try to stop other people enjoying it.
Jimmy Carr. on 12:51 - Feb 15 with 2501 viewsstowmarketrange

Jimmy Carr. on 12:34 - Feb 15 by SheffieldHoop

Why do I get the impression these same people were sat on iTunes in 2013, frantically downloading "Ding-Dong! The Witch Is Dead" @ 69p a copy

Is it still available?
Jimmy Carr. on 12:55 - Feb 15 with 2467 viewsslmrstid

I'm waiting for you to share the next Cryptoland video Metallica as that is also batshit mental to watch, but also weirdly enthralling.
Jimmy Carr. on 12:59 - Feb 15 with 2437 viewsLandshark

I highly recommend the latest Jim Jefferies special on Netflix.

Jimmy Carr. on 13:03 - Feb 15 with 2421 viewsted_hendrix

It's simply choice-your choice and the minute they take that choice away then we're fcked.

I recall many years ago when Mary Whitehouse appeared on my television screen being interviewed about censorship, after about two minutes of listening to the old bat I turned the television of thinking why the f uck should she be telling me what I should and shouldn't watch.

It's simply choice and having the right to make that choice.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Jimmy Carr. on 13:07 - Feb 15 with 2394 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Jimmy Carr. on 12:55 - Feb 15 by slmrstid

I'm waiting for you to share the next Cryptoland video Metallica as that is also batshit mental to watch, but also weirdly enthralling.

There is one prior but this is very good. I now know what a 'furry' is

[Post edited 15 Feb 2022 13:10]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Jimmy Carr. on 13:16 - Feb 15 with 2335 viewsToast_R

Think Steve Hughes has a good take on being offended

Login to get fewer ads

Jimmy Carr. on 13:17 - Feb 15 with 2326 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Jimmy Carr. on 12:41 - Feb 15 by MrSheen

I don't know what this means, but yes please.
Jimmy Carr. on 13:43 - Feb 15 with 2215 viewsMrSheen

Jimmy Carr. on 13:17 - Feb 15 by BazzaInTheLoft

I don't know what this means, but yes please.

I can’t tell you as I have taken a vow of silence (but apparently they don’t any more).
Jimmy Carr. on 13:49 - Feb 15 with 2183 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Jimmy Carr. on 13:43 - Feb 15 by MrSheen

I can’t tell you as I have taken a vow of silence (but apparently they don’t any more).

Ah, Trappiste.
Jimmy Carr. on 14:43 - Feb 15 with 2069 viewsNewBee

Jimmy Carr. on 13:03 - Feb 15 by ted_hendrix

It's simply choice-your choice and the minute they take that choice away then we're fcked.

I recall many years ago when Mary Whitehouse appeared on my television screen being interviewed about censorship, after about two minutes of listening to the old bat I turned the television of thinking why the f uck should she be telling me what I should and shouldn't watch.

It's simply choice and having the right to make that choice.

Mary Whitehouse (died 2001) is a relic from the last century. You know, when "comedians" like Bernard Manning regularly made Paki jokes ("Oh how we laughed" - even if they didn't)

I remember around the same time people making Kunta Kinte and Chicken George "jokes", following the Roots drama series on TV. As a follower of a proudly anti-racist club, would you shrug it off if Carr, or any other comedian, were to continue the theme by telling Slavery jokes?

"Say what you like, but it at least gave them jobs AND they got free passage across the Atlantic..."
[Post edited 15 Feb 2022 14:45]
Jimmy Carr. on 14:55 - Feb 15 with 2024 viewsBoston

Another deliberately antagonistic thread looking to make some sort of cack-handed political point.

This evening I believe, in a totally non controversial fixture.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Jimmy Carr. on 15:06 - Feb 15 with 1997 viewsLythamR

Jimmy Carr. on 12:46 - Feb 15 by Snipper

As the OP, I wasn’t trying to be antagonistic at all. The week leading up to this gig was way over the top.

Anybody can be offended, that’s their right. But they should not try to stop other people enjoying it.

I don't like the particular joke although would defend Carr's right to say it on stage

I have a sneaking suspicion that it was done not so much to make an audience laugh and has more to do with exposure it would give him and views of his netflix show,

a bit l iike Rooney and his sudden burst of media confessions and poor me stories just on the cusp of his Netflix documentary release
Jimmy Carr. on 15:15 - Feb 15 with 1941 viewsSheffieldHoop

Jimmy Carr. on 12:51 - Feb 15 by stowmarketrange

Is it still available?

What, iTunes? Dunno mate, everyone uses Spotify now.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Jimmy Carr. on 15:24 - Feb 15 with 1900 viewsPlanetHonneywood

It’s his effing stupid laugh that I find particularly annoying.

Don’t watch him, no idea if he’s funny. But he does have a face that looks like it needs a slap.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Jimmy Carr. on 15:24 - Feb 15 with 1884 viewsSheffieldHoop

Jimmy Carr. on 14:43 - Feb 15 by NewBee

Mary Whitehouse (died 2001) is a relic from the last century. You know, when "comedians" like Bernard Manning regularly made Paki jokes ("Oh how we laughed" - even if they didn't)

I remember around the same time people making Kunta Kinte and Chicken George "jokes", following the Roots drama series on TV. As a follower of a proudly anti-racist club, would you shrug it off if Carr, or any other comedian, were to continue the theme by telling Slavery jokes?

"Say what you like, but it at least gave them jobs AND they got free passage across the Atlantic..."
[Post edited 15 Feb 2022 14:45]

Ooooh look Brentford are here. Dave Chapelle's most recent Netflix special "The Closer" has jokes about slavery. Good luck trying to tell him to stop.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Jimmy Carr. on 15:32 - Feb 15 with 1866 viewsstowmarketrange

Jimmy Carr. on 15:24 - Feb 15 by PlanetHonneywood

Don’t watch him, no idea if he’s funny. But he does have a face that looks like it needs a slap.

With all the facelifts and Botox he’s had you’d probably break your hand.
Jimmy Carr. on 15:33 - Feb 15 with 1859 viewsTacticalR

Is it my imagination or are some people easily offended by people who say they are easily offended?

Air hostess clique

Jimmy Carr. on 15:34 - Feb 15 with 1854 viewsAntti_Heinola

Don't particularly like Jimmy Carr, nor does most of the TV industry from what I've heard, but the idea he'll be 'cancelled' over what he said is an absolute nonsense and absolutely will not happen. For a lot of reasons, not least of which 'cancellation' is a bit of a myth, but mainly because any show that is broadcast anywhere even vaguely professional will have been heavily legalled. the idea this joke wasn't extensively discussed before it was kept in the show is ludicrous. And the reason it was allowed to stay is because of the nuance that a lot of people who complained about it (although I do think there are legitimate reasons to question it) missed: what Carr said is true. Some people have taken it to mean he thinks it's funny that no one cares about those communities, but is that what he was saying? Seems to me, his entire point is that society doesn't care - he was highlighting the racism.
Pretty hard to cancel him for that.

Bare bones.

Jimmy Carr. on 15:41 - Feb 15 with 1823 viewsconnell10

Jimmy Carr. on 10:55 - Feb 15 by knocker

I'm waiting for the woke backlash on here.

I got a free ticket to see him a few years back , I thought he was totally unfunny , I'm glad I didn't pay for the ticket . I'm not particularly woke I just don't find him funny.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Jimmy Carr. on 15:51 - Feb 15 with 1778 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Jimmy Carr. on 15:24 - Feb 15 by PlanetHonneywood

He rolls out that fake laugh when another comedian gets a big laugh.

He's admitted that he does it to bring the attention back to himself. It makes anything he's on unwatchable, imo.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Jimmy Carr. on 15:58 - Feb 15 with 1728 viewsSharpy36

Thought you`d make an appearance.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Jimmy Carr. on 16:24 - Feb 15 with 1666 viewsNewBee

Jimmy Carr. on 15:24 - Feb 15 by SheffieldHoop

Ooooh look Brentford are here. Dave Chapelle's most recent Netflix special "The Closer" has jokes about slavery. Good luck trying to tell him to stop.

That would be this Dave Chapelle?

https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.VHfrC8U9cIyT0k5DF-FGSgAAAA&pid=Api
[Post edited 15 Feb 2022 16:29]
Jimmy Carr. on 16:31 - Feb 15 with 1626 viewsSheffieldHoop

Jimmy Carr. on 16:24 - Feb 15 by NewBee

That would be this Dave Chapelle?

https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.VHfrC8U9cIyT0k5DF-FGSgAAAA&pid=Api
[Post edited 15 Feb 2022 16:29]

Try this

Yes - That's him

What is your point?
[Post edited 15 Feb 2022 17:21]