Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
🔴 The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 14:36 - May 5 with 217489 viewsRhonddaSwans

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/sheffield-wednesday-and-swansea-city-keen-on-b

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: Should Montenegro 🇲🇪 get fined because of they’re pitch?

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 22:47 - Aug 7 with 6391 viewsBoundy

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 15:32 - Aug 7 by Tomsyard

I did my achilles, it’s a horrible injury and was brutal to get calf muscle and achilles working together again

Currently suffering from tendinitis and have been for months ,it flares up then subsides but it's a definite something to slow you up.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 00:15 - Aug 8 with 6269 viewshowenjack

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 22:47 - Aug 7 by Boundy

Currently suffering from tendinitis and have been for months ,it flares up then subsides but it's a definite something to slow you up.

you will need frictions - a massaging of the achilles .quite forcefully done in order to break the scar tissue down . Tendonitis is a symptom of a build up of scar tissue -other treatment could be ultrasound and stretching if this doesn;t cure it it will have to be the knife I am afraid .
I am talking from personal experience here.
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 18:03 - Aug 8 with 5610 viewsmax936

Tyrese Sheff Utd bound then ??

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 18:37 - Aug 8 with 5522 viewsraynor94

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 18:03 - Aug 8 by max936

Tyrese Sheff Utd bound then ??

Yes, money talks

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 18:45 - Aug 8 with 5486 viewsmax936

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 18:37 - Aug 8 by raynor94

Yes, money talks

That's never gonna change.

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 18:56 - Aug 8 with 5439 viewsraynor94

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 18:45 - Aug 8 by max936

That's never gonna change.

Sadly not

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 19:06 - Aug 8 with 5410 viewsBoundy

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 00:15 - Aug 8 by howenjack

you will need frictions - a massaging of the achilles .quite forcefully done in order to break the scar tissue down . Tendonitis is a symptom of a build up of scar tissue -other treatment could be ultrasound and stretching if this doesn;t cure it it will have to be the knife I am afraid .
I am talking from personal experience here.

Thanks for posting this, when you say scar tissue I assume this occurred after an injury ? I can't recall having had one , my wife is also having the same problem but she's never been particularly physically active. At my age I may just see if it settles down ( as my doctor so informatively told me ).

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 08:47 - Aug 9 with 4971 viewshowenjack

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 19:06 - Aug 8 by Boundy

Thanks for posting this, when you say scar tissue I assume this occurred after an injury ? I can't recall having had one , my wife is also having the same problem but she's never been particularly physically active. At my age I may just see if it settles down ( as my doctor so informatively told me ).

In my case I got tendonitis through wearing unsuitable running shoes . I bought a pair of running shoes (it was a long time ago now so products like these have evolved for the better ) by a leading brand . I did road running as a way of keeping fit. Over time I noticed that I was getting progressively more pain in the mornings after . The pain was in the achilles of both legs and I had to do 10 mins every morning of gastrocnemius (calf muscle)stretching before I was able to walk properly . I was advised by a knowledgable friend that it was due to running in shoes with a high heel tab that in the course of jogging was causing a small but significant amount of friction to the back of the achilles .
Over time this caused an accumulation of scar tissue in the sheaths of the tendons. I had frictions (vigorous massaging of the tendon to break down scar tissue) and ultrasound which helped but did not cure the problem entirely . Needless to say I binned the running shoes and then went to see a consultant who told me it would have to be surgery . This was late1980's so my memory of it is a bit vague . I had 3 ops I think , 2 initially , 1 on each leg but for some reason had to have another . I think it was because I had a partial tear of one of the tendons . The consultant surgeon was a man named Pinfold and he was very good .
Anyway after the surgery I spent a fair time on crutches with the back of both achilles stitched and gradually with physio I regained full fitness . I have had no problems since .
The op involves opening the lower achilles and removing the scar tissue ie paring it so that it is able to run smoothly through the achilles sheath .
Check your running shoes if they are high at the back- GET RID . Get some advice from a seasoned runner . Footwear is very important
A test I was told - take the shoe one hand on the toes end the other at the heel .Twist it like getting water from a wet towel .If it twists easily its no good . If its very difficult to twist its a good shoe . Also make sure the sole is sufficiently shock absorbent - again get some expert advice / product reviews .
As with anything thats not working properly persisting with it will eventually lead to breakdown - that could mean a partially torn achilles or a completely torn one.
BTW there will be no warning - it will just snap .
See if the tendonitis improves over time do swimming or low impact instead for a period.
Maybe look at your shoes even if your wife hasnt been particularly active if she is wearing footwear that is causing small amounts of friction to the achilles area it will eventually cause a problem.
Login to get fewer ads

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 08:52 - Aug 9 with 4937 viewsonehunglow

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 08:47 - Aug 9 by howenjack

In my case I got tendonitis through wearing unsuitable running shoes . I bought a pair of running shoes (it was a long time ago now so products like these have evolved for the better ) by a leading brand . I did road running as a way of keeping fit. Over time I noticed that I was getting progressively more pain in the mornings after . The pain was in the achilles of both legs and I had to do 10 mins every morning of gastrocnemius (calf muscle)stretching before I was able to walk properly . I was advised by a knowledgable friend that it was due to running in shoes with a high heel tab that in the course of jogging was causing a small but significant amount of friction to the back of the achilles .
Over time this caused an accumulation of scar tissue in the sheaths of the tendons. I had frictions (vigorous massaging of the tendon to break down scar tissue) and ultrasound which helped but did not cure the problem entirely . Needless to say I binned the running shoes and then went to see a consultant who told me it would have to be surgery . This was late1980's so my memory of it is a bit vague . I had 3 ops I think , 2 initially , 1 on each leg but for some reason had to have another . I think it was because I had a partial tear of one of the tendons . The consultant surgeon was a man named Pinfold and he was very good .
Anyway after the surgery I spent a fair time on crutches with the back of both achilles stitched and gradually with physio I regained full fitness . I have had no problems since .
The op involves opening the lower achilles and removing the scar tissue ie paring it so that it is able to run smoothly through the achilles sheath .
Check your running shoes if they are high at the back- GET RID . Get some advice from a seasoned runner . Footwear is very important
A test I was told - take the shoe one hand on the toes end the other at the heel .Twist it like getting water from a wet towel .If it twists easily its no good . If its very difficult to twist its a good shoe . Also make sure the sole is sufficiently shock absorbent - again get some expert advice / product reviews .
As with anything thats not working properly persisting with it will eventually lead to breakdown - that could mean a partially torn achilles or a completely torn one.
BTW there will be no warning - it will just snap .
See if the tendonitis improves over time do swimming or low impact instead for a period.
Maybe look at your shoes even if your wife hasnt been particularly active if she is wearing footwear that is causing small amounts of friction to the achilles area it will eventually cause a problem.

You make a good point.
I remember a physiocrats advising me to slash the heel part off the trainer shoe so as not to rub the Achilles
I have plenty of scar tissue in all sorts of places
Makes you wonder if sport or exercise is worth it

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 20:15 - Aug 9 with 4364 viewsQJumpingJack

Dembele heading to QPR.
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 07:44 - Aug 10 with 3998 viewsshandyjack

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 20:15 - Aug 9 by QJumpingJack

Dembele heading to QPR.

Different Dembele to the one we are linked with

Poll: Expectation for the season

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 09:11 - Aug 10 with 3809 viewspete

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 07:44 - Aug 10 by shandyjack

Different Dembele to the one we are linked with

morning every one safe travel to those going to the game,
had to laugh looking at the e f l page on news now looking at the news of the other clubs in for this or that player Swanseas news was hot drinks for fans leaving at 4 a m nothing about any player in or out lol
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 11:34 - Aug 10 with 3564 viewsKeithHaynes

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 09:11 - Aug 10 by pete

morning every one safe travel to those going to the game,
had to laugh looking at the e f l page on news now looking at the news of the other clubs in for this or that player Swanseas news was hot drinks for fans leaving at 4 a m nothing about any player in or out lol

It was match day news tho.

If there’s no news there no news I suppose 😂

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 13:09 - Aug 10 with 3416 viewspete

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 11:34 - Aug 10 by KeithHaynes

the way things are going at the moment going to be a long season
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 17:50 - Aug 10 with 3118 viewspete

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 11:34 - Aug 10 by KeithHaynes

Keith you hearing anything about a loan for a liverpool youngster ?
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 18:01 - Aug 10 with 3056 viewstheloneranger

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 17:50 - Aug 10 by pete

Keith you hearing anything about a loan for a liverpool youngster ?

Kaide Gordon - winger.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 18:03 - Aug 10 with 3032 viewsWhiterockin

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 18:01 - Aug 10 by theloneranger

Kaide Gordon - winger.

Could be.

https://anfieldindex.com/71542/report-liverpool-prospect-set-for-loan-to-champio
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 09:41 - Aug 11 with 2515 viewsonehunglow

“ to gain form” after injury then.
Grrrrreat

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 10:16 - Aug 11 with 2443 viewsRichardO

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 09:41 - Aug 11 by onehunglow

“ to gain form” after injury then.
Grrrrreat

These loans should only be used as backup to existing players coming on as subs when we no other options until they prove they are better than what we have.It took Guehi over six months to get up to speed and we were fortunate to have him for further 12 months that doesn't happen very with.loans.
Get Ruben in but also starting playing in a style that prevents these muscle injuries, it does seem as if we expect our players to be both Olympic, sprinters and long distance runners which they cannot be, you have to treat players differently within a team otherwise your injury list just grows.
We need more depth but is a player coming back from injury the answer
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 11:09 - Aug 11 with 2330 viewspete

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 10:16 - Aug 11 by RichardO

These loans should only be used as backup to existing players coming on as subs when we no other options until they prove they are better than what we have.It took Guehi over six months to get up to speed and we were fortunate to have him for further 12 months that doesn't happen very with.loans.
Get Ruben in but also starting playing in a style that prevents these muscle injuries, it does seem as if we expect our players to be both Olympic, sprinters and long distance runners which they cannot be, you have to treat players differently within a team otherwise your injury list just grows.

if he passes the medical should be ok has had a full pre season only thing is are we possibly going for him instead of the Trialist or do we go for both?
we need another centre back deffinatly along with an attacking midfielder and at least 1 striker, and to be honest what i saw yesterday i would move heaven and earth to get Rushworth back
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 11:13 - Aug 11 with 2319 viewsonehunglow

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 10:16 - Aug 11 by RichardO

No.
We don’t need another gamble
Walsh was a warning sign and shows our owners know nothing

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 15:55 - Aug 11 with 2028 viewsraynor94

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 19:30 - Aug 5 by max936

Adama Sidibeh starts for St Johnson tonight, that one isn't gonna happen by looks of it.
[Post edited 5 Aug 19:34]

Scored 2 in the first half again today

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 16:23 - Aug 12 with 1259 viewsmax936

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 15:55 - Aug 11 by raynor94

Scored 2 in the first half again today

He3'd be a fine signing for us I think, although was it mentioned that he had attitude issues?

Last thing we need is another one of those.

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 17:32 - Aug 12 with 1099 viewsraynor94

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 16:23 - Aug 12 by max936

He3'd be a fine signing for us I think, although was it mentioned that he had attitude issues?

Last thing we need is another one of those.

Worth a gamble at £500k?

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 17:37 - Aug 12 with 1070 viewsonehunglow

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 17:32 - Aug 12 by raynor94

Worth a gamble at £500k?

Yes

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024