Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
In Wales, is everyone buying toilet paper 04:18 - Mar 11 with 12324 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Like, for whatever reason, they think Coronavirus causes you to shit yourself to death?

Hand sanitizer. I get why that's hard to find now. But toilet paper? WTF? Apparently it's worth its size in gold, here in Texas right now. Even though nobody actually HAS Coronavirus other than the cruise ship victims who were sent to Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio for treatment.

Stay safe (and rational), my friends.

POTY 2015
Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

In Wales, is everyone buying toilet paper on 19:20 - Mar 11 with 1594 viewsNeath_Jack

In Wales, is everyone buying toilet paper on 18:19 - Mar 11 by Wingstandwood

Aye, that truly puts into perspective the 'then-and-now' era's. The mindset of the bygone brave, tough and unpampered is stark. Now the battery runs flat on someones I-Phone and it is major crisis stuff.

A brave soldier is a brave soldier, makes no difference what era they came from.

Unless you are comparing those prisoners of war, against a modern day civvy, which is more than a bit daft.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

In Wales, is everyone buying toilet paper on 19:26 - Mar 11 with 1573 viewsWingstandwood

In Wales, is everyone buying toilet paper on 19:20 - Mar 11 by Neath_Jack

A brave soldier is a brave soldier, makes no difference what era they came from.

Unless you are comparing those prisoners of war, against a modern day civvy, which is more than a bit daft.

The past, present (and future) British soldier ='s d0gs b0llocks.

Argus!

In Wales, is everyone buying toilet paper on 19:46 - Mar 11 with 1542 viewsGaryjack

In Wales, is everyone buying toilet paper on 17:10 - Mar 11 by Cjg63a

Darran needs as much as possible - he talks so much shit

Look, i'm no snowflake, and i realise that Darran can be a bit of a tvvat, like all of us. But please can you change your Avator as it's more than a bit offensive to be calling another poster of this site 'Tvvat' every time you post. Besides that, don't you think it's a tad juvenile and immature?
In Wales, is everyone buying toilet paper on 19:48 - Mar 11 with 1531 viewsThebus

In Wales, is everyone buying toilet paper on 18:06 - Mar 11 by Wingstandwood

Random thought maybe?

If British prisoners of war could do an 18 hour shift building a Japanese railway system with dysentery cholera, malaria, TB and starvation? Surely we can manage in far lesser trying circumstances?

Excellent post.....👏
In Wales, is everyone buying toilet paper on 19:50 - Mar 11 with 1519 viewsThebus

In Wales, is everyone buying toilet paper on 19:20 - Mar 11 by Neath_Jack

People have gone soft. Today’s average person simply wouldn’t have survived in the past.
It’s the snowflake generation......😩
In Wales, is everyone buying toilet paper on 20:06 - Mar 11 with 1475 viewsNeath_Jack

In Wales, is everyone buying toilet paper on 19:50 - Mar 11 by Thebus

People have gone soft. Today’s average person simply wouldn’t have survived in the past.
It’s the snowflake generation......😩

Of course they would have, human being evolve and adapt to their environment, as do animals. You and those before you were not some kind of superheros mind.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

In Wales, is everyone buying toilet paper on 20:07 - Mar 11 with 1471 viewsGaryjack

In Wales, is everyone buying toilet paper on 18:06 - Mar 11 by Wingstandwood

Random thought maybe?

If British prisoners of war could do an 18 hour shift building a Japanese railway system with dysentery cholera, malaria, TB and starvation? Surely we can manage in far lesser trying circumstances?

I'm surprised at you. This isn't about 'people being made of sterner stuff' back in the day, it's a killer virus, if my wife contracts it she will be in serious life threatening danger as she has no immune system due to other health problems. What a flippant attitude to take.
In Wales, is everyone buying toilet paper on 20:10 - Mar 11 with 1455 viewsWingstandwood

In Wales, is everyone buying toilet paper on 20:07 - Mar 11 by Garyjack

I'm surprised at you. This isn't about 'people being made of sterner stuff' back in the day, it's a killer virus, if my wife contracts it she will be in serious life threatening danger as she has no immune system due to other health problems. What a flippant attitude to take.

I speaking solely about the toilet paper situation, which I think you'd agree most can adapt to.

I have similar worries to yourself regarding two elderly relatives in particular.

Argus!

Login to get fewer ads

In Wales, is everyone buying toilet paper on 20:16 - Mar 11 with 1440 viewsGaryjack

In Wales, is everyone buying toilet paper on 20:10 - Mar 11 by Wingstandwood

I speaking solely about the toilet paper situation, which I think you'd agree most can adapt to.

I have similar worries to yourself regarding two elderly relatives in particular.

With respect.

"If British prisoners of war could do an 18 hour shift building a Japanese railway system with dysentery cholera, malaria, TB and starvation? Surely we can manage in far lesser trying circumstances?"

That post is in no way referring to the toilet paper situation, but i'll leave it there.
In Wales, is everyone buying toilet paper on 20:22 - Mar 11 with 1417 viewsThebus

In Wales, is everyone buying toilet paper on 20:06 - Mar 11 by Neath_Jack

Of course they would have, human being evolve and adapt to their environment, as do animals. You and those before you were not some kind of superheros mind.

That isn’t true. Only the strongest survived in the past. Today you can sit at home , take drugs, claim dole, stuff your face constantly, where as in the past you had a choice between hard work or simply not surviving.
In Wales, is everyone buying toilet paper on 20:22 - Mar 11 with 1411 viewsWingstandwood

In Wales, is everyone buying toilet paper on 20:16 - Mar 11 by Garyjack

With respect.

"If British prisoners of war could do an 18 hour shift building a Japanese railway system with dysentery cholera, malaria, TB and starvation? Surely we can manage in far lesser trying circumstances?"

That post is in no way referring to the toilet paper situation, but i'll leave it there.

It certainly was not meant to come across that way especially after reading other stuff on here e.g. someone worrying about two relatives with COPD. The prisoners of war went without basic items for years that was the least of their worries.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2020 20:23]

Argus!

In Wales, is everyone buying toilet paper on 20:25 - Mar 11 with 1408 viewsNeath_Jack

In Wales, is everyone buying toilet paper on 20:22 - Mar 11 by Thebus

That isn’t true. Only the strongest survived in the past. Today you can sit at home , take drugs, claim dole, stuff your face constantly, where as in the past you had a choice between hard work or simply not surviving.

Aye, if you go back to neanderthal man.

Do you not think drugs were not around then? Do you think there weren't workshy chancers about? Talking through your hoop I'm afraid. Anyway, that's my lot on the subject, you can crack on now.

In Wales, is everyone buying toilet paper on 20:25 - Mar 11 with 1408 viewslondonlisa2001

In Wales, is everyone buying toilet paper on 18:53 - Mar 11 by Wingstandwood

The older generation were so stoic, they took surviving on mere basics, the bare minimum, lesser comfortable living standards and rationing etc in their stride.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2020 18:57]

Rationing was introduced because people had exactly the same tendencies then as they do now. If people then had genuinely been different and only taken their fair share, rationing would not have been needed.

Spare the sentimental bollox will you.
In Wales, is everyone buying toilet paper on 20:30 - Mar 11 with 1382 viewsThebus

In Wales, is everyone buying toilet paper on 20:25 - Mar 11 by Neath_Jack

Aye, if you go back to neanderthal man.

Do you not think drugs were not around then? Do you think there weren't workshy chancers about? Talking through your hoop I'm afraid. Anyway, that's my lot on the subject, you can crack on now.

Not to the extent like it is today. Even 100 years ago, you had a choice between work or simply not surviving. There wasn’t a safety net in those days like there is today.
The problem with having a safety net is people abuse that safety net and some people even make it a way of life.....fact.
In Wales, is everyone buying toilet paper on 20:34 - Mar 11 with 1365 viewsjack2jack

In Wales, is everyone buying toilet paper on 20:25 - Mar 11 by londonlisa2001

Rationing was introduced because people had exactly the same tendencies then as they do now. If people then had genuinely been different and only taken their fair share, rationing would not have been needed.

Spare the sentimental bollox will you.

Surely rationing was not introduced, cos folk were greedy sods
There were many other reasons other than that. Just to add balance to the discussion!
In Wales, is everyone buying toilet paper on 20:42 - Mar 11 with 1355 viewsWingstandwood

In Wales, is everyone buying toilet paper on 20:34 - Mar 11 by jack2jack

There were many other reasons other than that. Just to add balance to the discussion!

U-Boats! U-Boats! U-Boats!

There was a character/landlord famous to his locality who appeared on HTV Wales news, he was in the merchant navy. His ship got sunk during WW2. The country was struggling to supply itself. Add the merchant navy boys to what has been described by many as the greatest generation.

Argus!

In Wales, is everyone buying toilet paper on 21:05 - Mar 11 with 1324 viewslondonlisa2001

In Wales, is everyone buying toilet paper on 20:34 - Mar 11 by jack2jack

It was introduced as the only way of ensuring that scarce goods were (relatively) every distributed amongst the population.

The availability was the availability. That wasn’t changed by rationing it. The way it was shared out was the only change. If it hadn’t been introduced, the richest would have had the lot. Much as it is now when the ones that can stockpile are, by definition, the ones that can afford to do so.

People haven’t changed their nature as years have passed. They play the hand that is dealt. Selfishly in most cases. As they always have.
In Wales, is everyone buying toilet paper on 21:36 - Mar 11 with 1285 viewsSwanjaxs

In Wales, is everyone buying toilet paper on 17:52 - Mar 11 by Lohengrin

A ‘bidet,’ ya’ daft Catholic!

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

In Wales, is everyone buying toilet paper on 22:05 - Mar 11 with 1233 viewsTNT

On classic filthy white delivery van, was written, 'No toilet rolls kept in this van'.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

In Wales, is everyone buying toilet paper on 22:37 - Mar 11 with 1200 viewscontroversial_jack

In Wales, is everyone buying toilet paper on 20:10 - Mar 11 by Wingstandwood

Yes, this generation has gone down the pan.
In Wales, is everyone buying toilet paper on 22:40 - Mar 11 with 1199 viewsPentyrchJack

I think some people use it instead of tissues so maybe that explains the hike in demand.

I'm more of a Mansized 3 ply Tissue man.....

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

In Wales, is everyone buying toilet paper on 05:40 - Mar 12 with 1114 viewsCaptain_Sham

So Trump is banning travel from Europe, but not American citizens returning from Europe. Lets hope his hunch is right and that only foreigners can catch it.

Its just a ride.

In Wales, is everyone buying toilet paper on 05:57 - Mar 12 with 1106 viewsThebus

In Wales, is everyone buying toilet paper on 05:40 - Mar 12 by Captain_Sham

So Trump is banning travel from Europe, but not American citizens returning from Europe. Lets hope his hunch is right and that only foreigners can catch it.

Surely you can’t be that thick.
Are you seriously suggesting that the USA stops it’s citizens from traveling home ?
In Wales, is everyone buying toilet paper on 08:18 - Mar 12 with 1066 viewsWarwickHunt

In Wales, is everyone buying toilet paper on 05:57 - Mar 12 by Thebus

Surely you can’t be that thick.
Are you seriously suggesting that the USA stops it’s citizens from traveling home ?

Probably not a good idea to call someone thick when you don’t know the difference between its and it’s, Benny. 😂😂😂
In Wales, is everyone buying toilet paper on 09:09 - Mar 12 with 1041 viewsepaul

Just back from Asda and even worse, no not bog roll didn't go down that aisle, no choc f*cking digestives, to many idiots stockpiling them I guess

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024