Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread 10:49 - Mar 22 with 31833 viewsDarran

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 20:38 - Mar 22 with 1585 viewsPhil_S

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 20:29 - Mar 22 by Uxbridge

Europe has made no impression on you? That's sad to hear. Is the Premier League all that matters? Have Sky really done that good a job convincing everyone it is?

What's the point of being in the top flight if the ambition is merely to survive? I'd rather be in a lower division having fun trying to achieve something rather than scrambling around for the crumbs off the big boys plates.

Completely agree - if mid table is the height of ambition of being here then I don't get the point.

Or is the point to try and push on for a higher placed finish? Ah no it cant be as that would mean Europe...!
The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 20:42 - Mar 22 with 1571 viewsUxbridge

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 20:38 - Mar 22 by Phil_S

Completely agree - if mid table is the height of ambition of being here then I don't get the point.

Or is the point to try and push on for a higher placed finish? Ah no it cant be as that would mean Europe...!

But think of all the money we get for being in the top flight mun. OK, by we I mean the club not us (well, apart from the increased numbers on here paying for your latest holiday of course), but still think of all that money. Lovely money. Mmmm, money.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 20:47 - Mar 22 with 1556 viewsShaky

Was out on the piss with a client and missed it all.

Was the tempo at least good?

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 20:56 - Mar 22 with 1535 viewsmonmouth

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 20:17 - Mar 22 by Captain_Sham

Is it time to reconvene the 'bite your hand off for 17th' association?
[Post edited 22 Mar 2014 20:17]

I'm in Capt

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 20:56 - Mar 22 with 1533 viewsJokeren1943

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 20:47 - Mar 22 by Shaky

Was out on the piss with a client and missed it all.

Was the tempo at least good?

Swansea had plenty of chances to get on 3-3 but they could'nt score shite.

Everton did not play good. They just knew how to score.

[Post edited 22 Mar 2014 20:58]
The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 21:05 - Mar 22 with 1499 viewsshingle

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 20:37 - Mar 22 by Uxbridge

And just concede Europe? How depressing. What's the point in that?

The point in that would be not risking our Prem status, and remember we did not exactly set the world alight with our performances, apart from a number of our fans our European exploits will be quickly forgotten. by everyone else.
The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 21:07 - Mar 22 with 1494 viewsUxbridge

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 21:05 - Mar 22 by shingle

The point in that would be not risking our Prem status, and remember we did not exactly set the world alight with our performances, apart from a number of our fans our European exploits will be quickly forgotten. by everyone else.

Not by me though, or those of us who thoroughly enjoyed our time in Europe. That's much more important to me than whether anyone else remembers it.

Is premier league status really the only thing that matters?

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 21:11 - Mar 22 with 1486 views3swan

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 20:38 - Mar 22 by Phil_S

Fairly sure we had a conversation at one of the away games in our 1st season in the Prem, about the chat the 3 of us had about us turning into a Villa at best. A team where 1st job was to look at staying up, but reality said high mid table was more likely with the hope of a cup run.

Isn't that still the reality for a club our size?
Login to get fewer ads

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 21:13 - Mar 22 with 1483 views3swan

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 21:07 - Mar 22 by Uxbridge

Not by me though, or those of us who thoroughly enjoyed our time in Europe. That's much more important to me than whether anyone else remembers it.

Is premier league status really the only thing that matters?

Imo it isn't.
Now we're here I'd like to stay, but if it slowly strangles out the enjoyment of going to games, then let's be an Albion and alternate divisions for a while so that we grow as a club
The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 21:24 - Mar 22 with 1464 viewsPhil_S

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 21:11 - Mar 22 by 3swan

Fairly sure we had a conversation at one of the away games in our 1st season in the Prem, about the chat the 3 of us had about us turning into a Villa at best. A team where 1st job was to look at staying up, but reality said high mid table was more likely with the hope of a cup run.

Isn't that still the reality for a club our size?

And I'd take that but there is no way that I would then want us to throw away the European experiences just so we can finish mid table

If we go down in May as disappointed as I would be I will treasure the memories of the COC run last season and the wins at Anfield, Stamford Bridge and Wembley en route as well as the trips to Valencia, St Gallen and Naples this season.

If you had said to me in August 2012 I could experience all that but the price was a league trip to Barnsley in September 2014 then I would have chosen them

Not that it matters as still believe we will stay up
The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 21:27 - Mar 22 with 1456 viewsUxbridge

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 21:13 - Mar 22 by 3swan

Imo it isn't.
Now we're here I'd like to stay, but if it slowly strangles out the enjoyment of going to games, then let's be an Albion and alternate divisions for a while so that we grow as a club

Pretty much where I am too.

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 22:23 - Mar 22 with 1330 viewsSpratty

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 21:24 - Mar 22 by Phil_S

And I'd take that but there is no way that I would then want us to throw away the European experiences just so we can finish mid table

If we go down in May as disappointed as I would be I will treasure the memories of the COC run last season and the wins at Anfield, Stamford Bridge and Wembley en route as well as the trips to Valencia, St Gallen and Naples this season.

If you had said to me in August 2012 I could experience all that but the price was a league trip to Barnsley in September 2014 then I would have chosen them

Not that it matters as still believe we will stay up

Completely agree
The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 22:28 - Mar 22 with 1315 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Thought we played very well for large parts of the game. Everton were utter crud and the 3pts were there on the bed, legs spread, begging us to f*ck them senseless, but we managed to somehow conspire to toss the opportunity away...

Yet again we flatter to deceive under GM. We looked far superior to Everton for portions of todays' game, but lacked that killer instinct and a bit of luck, and ended up f*cking it up for ourselves with slack defensive work.

I'm left a bit confused by us at the moment.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 22:41 - Mar 22 with 1278 viewsmarchamjack

Would I swap staying up this season for the trips I've had to Romania, Valencia and Naples (well apart from the bus ride to the stadium...) 100% NO.

We might go down (don't think we will) but then there's a chance we'll come back again, but will I get a chance to see us in Europe again...more unlikely IMO than us getting promotion at some point if we go down.

Life is about experiences and taking opportunities when/if you can to me, finishing 11th - 16th every year in the Prem is not the extent of my ambition for my club or for me. Fckn boring year in year out.

Anyway, we're staying up, so luckily I've been to Europe and seen us stay up this year, so all good and will look back at a very interesting season and one I'll remember (which I doubt I will if we finish 13th, 17th, 15th, 15th, 16th ad nauseum in the years to come).

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 22:57 - Mar 22 with 1255 viewsSpratty

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 21:05 - Mar 22 by shingle

Who cares about what everyone else thinks. Surely it must be about the quality of our own experience and struggling to achieve and experience different things. I would love a trip to Seville - who knows in a different life - we know we had the ability.

Life is about risk to achieve. if continual mediocrity is the alternative what does that give you but a continued round of the sameness. Think about our players and what such success means to them and how it motivates them. Think of how a club like ours with the limited resources we have can recruit and retain the type of players we need to stay comfortably in the PL without some little magic to offer them.
The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 09:02 - Mar 23 with 1037 viewsshingle

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 22:57 - Mar 22 by Spratty

Who cares about what everyone else thinks. Surely it must be about the quality of our own experience and struggling to achieve and experience different things. I would love a trip to Seville - who knows in a different life - we know we had the ability.

Life is about risk to achieve. if continual mediocrity is the alternative what does that give you but a continued round of the sameness. Think about our players and what such success means to them and how it motivates them. Think of how a club like ours with the limited resources we have can recruit and retain the type of players we need to stay comfortably in the PL without some little magic to offer them.

Well i`m quite proud about what other`s think, i go away a lot on UFC trips and even in the states if i`m wearing something with the Swans badge on i get comments like you support that little Welsh team that compete against the likes of Man Utd and Chelsea etc others really are impressed that we are competing in the same league against some of the worlds biggest clubs, as i say for me being in the Prem is far more important than a few games in the Europa no one will remember or take notice of us for that.
The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 09:06 - Mar 23 with 1031 viewsPhil_S

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 09:02 - Mar 23 by shingle

Well i`m quite proud about what other`s think, i go away a lot on UFC trips and even in the states if i`m wearing something with the Swans badge on i get comments like you support that little Welsh team that compete against the likes of Man Utd and Chelsea etc others really are impressed that we are competing in the same league against some of the worlds biggest clubs, as i say for me being in the Prem is far more important than a few games in the Europa no one will remember or take notice of us for that.

I'm still not sure I can relate to someone random in the States saying 'you play Man Utd' being more important than creating memories for ourselves. Suggests to me that they are actually patronising you and just remembering your opposition rather than what we have achieved as a club?

Each to their own but if we go down this season then the memories will last far stronger than a random yank calling us a little welsh team
The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 09:14 - Mar 23 with 1016 viewsmonmouth

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 09:06 - Mar 23 by Phil_S

I'm still not sure I can relate to someone random in the States saying 'you play Man Utd' being more important than creating memories for ourselves. Suggests to me that they are actually patronising you and just remembering your opposition rather than what we have achieved as a club?

Each to their own but if we go down this season then the memories will last far stronger than a random yank calling us a little welsh team

And realistically we will go down sometime....a bad run, not being able to replace aging key players etc (think Bolton, Blackburn, Wigan), so the never ending premier mid table is not an alternative option anyway. Of course playing in Europe and aspiring to play in Europe must be the grander aim. It may have come a little too early for us, but you can't pick and choose and I'm glad we had it. Happy to take our chances in terms of the league in exchange, although i still think we'll make it, probably with a bit to spare in the end.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 09:42 - Mar 23 with 997 viewsshingle

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 09:06 - Mar 23 by Phil_S

It`s not just a random Yank mun we are now known in all countries due to our exploits in the Prem.
The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 09:47 - Mar 23 with 986 viewsPhil_S

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 09:42 - Mar 23 by shingle

It`s not just a random Yank mun we are now known in all countries due to our exploits in the Prem.

So if he is not a random Yank then who was he? Is he someone who has an opinion that counts or just someone who notices who Man Utd or Chelsea play (you know the 'little Welsh team')

If what he thinks is more important to you than enjoying the ride then I just cannot relate to it. What do we gain from him knowing this little welsh club other than it gives you someone to talk to?

This post has been edited by an administrator
The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 11:21 - Mar 23 with 946 viewsSpratty

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 09:42 - Mar 23 by shingle

They love the little engine that could, the little thing achieving against all odds.
I think I can, I think I can - I agree with Phil a little patronising.

We are already known due to our exploits in the PL our rags to riches story. Collecting players wages in buckets and one game from going out of the football League altogether to becoming an established PL side with a top 10 finish and cup win. Our Spanish and Danish managers have also given us a much higher international profile. But we have done that and will go on to be known for that.

How many plaudits do Stoke or Wigan get for struggling to stay in the PL? Is that all the future holds for us now bland repetition and struggle? Or should we accept we are an excellent team capable of beating the best and continue to show bold ambition and delight our players and fans.

Remember this is not the first time we have shown our class at the very top of British football.
The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 11:48 - Mar 23 with 930 viewsUxbridge

And that's worth more than our own memories? How odd.

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 14:01 - Mar 23 with 901 viewsA_Fans_Dad

What I find really worrying is that all the gung ho cup fans can't see that Swansea can improve with Prem money and win other cups to get in to Europe, but next time with a bigger and better squad.
Why can't they see that improving the club improves the chances?
The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 14:04 - Mar 23 with 898 viewsPhil_S

Whats a gung ho cup fan?
The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 16:33 - Mar 23 with 852 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 14:04 - Mar 23 by Phil_S

Whats a gung ho cup fan?

Prepared to put the future of the Club in jeopardy for some silver ware, or just to watch some foreign sides play us.
After all if it just the traveling, that is what holidays are for.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024