Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread 10:49 - Mar 22 with 31822 viewsDarran

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 16:42 - Mar 23 with 1304 viewsApeShit

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 16:33 - Mar 23 by A_Fans_Dad

Prepared to put the future of the Club in jeopardy for some silver ware, or just to watch some foreign sides play us.
After all if it just the traveling, that is what holidays are for.

How can winning silverware be bad for any club?

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 16:44 - Mar 23 with 1297 viewsCaptain_Sham

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 16:42 - Mar 23 by ApeShit

How can winning silverware be bad for any club?

Well it gets you into Europe which makes teams worse than they are apparently. Not playing in Europe is a guaranteed 15 points a season.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2014 16:48]

Its just a ride.

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 16:59 - Mar 23 with 1266 viewsSpratty

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 14:01 - Mar 23 by A_Fans_Dad

What I find really worrying is that all the gung ho cup fans can't see that Swansea can improve with Prem money and win other cups to get in to Europe, but next time with a bigger and better squad.
Why can't they see that improving the club improves the chances?

Hello again

What I am not sure about is why some random parent who admits to not being a supporter takes such an interest in the club.
The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 17:04 - Mar 23 with 1259 viewsApeShit

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 16:44 - Mar 23 by Captain_Sham

Well it gets you into Europe which makes teams worse than they are apparently. Not playing in Europe is a guaranteed 15 points a season.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2014 16:48]

You are 100% correct of course, but I still believe you should give 100% in every competition.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2014 17:06]
The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 17:07 - Mar 23 with 1252 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 16:59 - Mar 23 by Spratty

Hello again

What I am not sure about is why some random parent who admits to not being a supporter takes such an interest in the club.

By supporter I mean I do not contribute money to the club by buying a Ticket, or go to the actual match. I do my watching on line. My son and grandson go to all the home matches with their Season Tickets.
That does not mean that I am not a Fan, as I have been one for many years.
I am not sure what you mean by "random" parent, are there special types of parent for football supporters then?
The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 17:14 - Mar 23 with 1241 viewsPhil_S

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 16:33 - Mar 23 by A_Fans_Dad

Prepared to put the future of the Club in jeopardy for some silver ware, or just to watch some foreign sides play us.
After all if it just the traveling, that is what holidays are for.

So the point has become survival rather than success?

Bonkers
The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 17:20 - Mar 23 with 1228 viewsSpratty

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 17:07 - Mar 23 by A_Fans_Dad

By supporter I mean I do not contribute money to the club by buying a Ticket, or go to the actual match. I do my watching on line. My son and grandson go to all the home matches with their Season Tickets.
That does not mean that I am not a Fan, as I have been one for many years.
I am not sure what you mean by "random" parent, are there special types of parent for football supporters then?

Random in terms of it being quite random that any parent of would take interest in a club of which they stated up front they were not a supporter of.

However I also have the following definitions if you prefer - both seem reasonably applicable:

1. made, done, or happening without method or conscious decision.

2. odd, unusual, or unexpected

Did your son like ML?

What was it that turned you so violently against him leading to your initial diatribe?
The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 17:24 - Mar 23 with 1215 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 17:20 - Mar 23 by Spratty

Random in terms of it being quite random that any parent of would take interest in a club of which they stated up front they were not a supporter of.

However I also have the following definitions if you prefer - both seem reasonably applicable:

1. made, done, or happening without method or conscious decision.

2. odd, unusual, or unexpected

Did your son like ML?

What was it that turned you so violently against him leading to your initial diatribe?

Violently, sorry I don't do violence, I am 67 and past that sort of thing.
As to my son that is his business.
Login to get fewer ads

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 17:27 - Mar 23 with 1199 viewsmonmouth

Laudrup's gone. Forever. Why on earth does anyone still give a f**k?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 17:28 - Mar 23 with 1199 viewsairedale

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 17:14 - Mar 23 by Phil_S

So the point has become survival rather than success?

Bonkers

We are not a big enough club to be a (PL) success though.

In the Premier League there are only a few successful clubs, everyone else is a PL failure.

At the end of the season a lot of PL clubs' 'success' is measured by their level of failure.

Sorry if this sounds negative, but it just seems to be the way in every major league in Europe, Collymore has started calling them 'Petro Clubs'

To me, the main benefit of the PL is the cash. Allowing us to develop as a club and as a positive influence in our local community.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2014 17:28]
The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 17:54 - Mar 23 with 1183 viewsPhil_S

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 17:28 - Mar 23 by airedale

We are not a big enough club to be a (PL) success though.

In the Premier League there are only a few successful clubs, everyone else is a PL failure.

At the end of the season a lot of PL clubs' 'success' is measured by their level of failure.

Sorry if this sounds negative, but it just seems to be the way in every major league in Europe, Collymore has started calling them 'Petro Clubs'

To me, the main benefit of the PL is the cash. Allowing us to develop as a club and as a positive influence in our local community.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2014 17:28]

And is that benefit more important than success?

I assumed football was about winning trophies ergo success?
The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 17:59 - Mar 23 with 1168 viewsAl_Bundy

What i really don't understand is how week after week our defence ball watches and lets the opposition make runs and we don't mark , challenge or track anybody. Chico was at fault for all three goals yesterday. Then we get Ash looking pissed off after the match after yet another poor way of conceding goals. Wonder what happens in training during the week? Monk is a defender and he above all people should be planning and put a defensive plan together for our headless chickens to follow.
The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 18:27 - Mar 23 with 1144 viewsshingle

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 11:48 - Mar 23 by Uxbridge

And that's worth more than our own memories? How odd.

But we are having great times and gaining great memories by competing in the Prem, surely these are better than traveling around Europe every other week and at the end of all that we can not get past the last 32, ok i accept the excitement many have had by following the Swans in other countries, but you could have still done that even if we had played without playing our strongest line up and keeping the players fresh for the more important games in the Prem.
The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 18:29 - Mar 23 with 1137 viewsUxbridge

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 18:27 - Mar 23 by shingle

But we are having great times and gaining great memories by competing in the Prem, surely these are better than traveling around Europe every other week and at the end of all that we can not get past the last 32, ok i accept the excitement many have had by following the Swans in other countries, but you could have still done that even if we had played without playing our strongest line up and keeping the players fresh for the more important games in the Prem.

So losing in the Prem is a better memory than travelling and winning in Valencia? Strange.

And as for playing the reserves in Europe just to give us the best possible chance in the all-important Premier league? How boring.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 18:39 - Mar 23 with 1125 viewsshingle

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 18:29 - Mar 23 by Uxbridge

So losing in the Prem is a better memory than travelling and winning in Valencia? Strange.

And as for playing the reserves in Europe just to give us the best possible chance in the all-important Premier league? How boring.

No mate, just being in the Prem is better than traveling and losing around Europe, which has turned out to be of no benefit to the club whatsoever, although we did win one game against Valencia which was nice at the time, but we still could not make much of an impression in the competition tho, and now we may end up getting relegated because we overplayed the players.
The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 19:53 - Mar 23 with 1094 viewsUxbridge

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 18:39 - Mar 23 by shingle

No mate, just being in the Prem is better than traveling and losing around Europe, which has turned out to be of no benefit to the club whatsoever, although we did win one game against Valencia which was nice at the time, but we still could not make much of an impression in the competition tho, and now we may end up getting relegated because we overplayed the players.

So travelling and losing around England is better than our European adventure?

If we get relegated there are lot of things to blame but going to Valencia ain't going to be high on that list. And even if it was, the memories would still be worth it. Still, if some random yank KFC fan disagrees with me then maybe I'm wrong.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 18:05 - Mar 24 with 1009 viewsbuzzbox

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 19:53 - Mar 23 by Uxbridge

So travelling and losing around England is better than our European adventure?

If we get relegated there are lot of things to blame but going to Valencia ain't going to be high on that list. And even if it was, the memories would still be worth it. Still, if some random yank KFC fan disagrees with me then maybe I'm wrong.

Where do you get this random yank thing from, are you ok.
The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 18:49 - Mar 24 with 987 viewsPhil_S

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 18:05 - Mar 24 by buzzbox

Where do you get this random yank thing from, are you ok.

At a guess it came from this comment from shingle - it was certainly the one I was referring to when I mentioned it

"Well i`m quite proud about what other`s think, i go away a lot on UFC trips and even in the states if i`m wearing something with the Swans badge on i get comments like you support that little Welsh team that compete against the likes of Man Utd and Chelsea etc others really are impressed that we are competing in the same league against some of the worlds biggest clubs, as i say for me being in the Prem is far more important than a few games in the Europa no one will remember or take notice of us for that."
The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 20:30 - Mar 24 with 962 viewsshingle

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 18:49 - Mar 24 by Phil_S

At a guess it came from this comment from shingle - it was certainly the one I was referring to when I mentioned it

"Well i`m quite proud about what other`s think, i go away a lot on UFC trips and even in the states if i`m wearing something with the Swans badge on i get comments like you support that little Welsh team that compete against the likes of Man Utd and Chelsea etc others really are impressed that we are competing in the same league against some of the worlds biggest clubs, as i say for me being in the Prem is far more important than a few games in the Europa no one will remember or take notice of us for that."

Hmmm where is the random yank comment, it quite clearly states comments, also quite clearly states others so why are you saying a random yank comment, are you an ex boxer who had one fight to many, if so i excuse you.
The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 20:47 - Mar 24 with 949 viewsPhil_S

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 20:30 - Mar 24 by shingle

Hmmm where is the random yank comment, it quite clearly states comments, also quite clearly states others so why are you saying a random yank comment, are you an ex boxer who had one fight to many, if so i excuse you.

If you read the whole last two pages it will make sense.

The random yank comment is quite easy to understand...
The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 11:36 - Mar 25 with 916 viewsshingle

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 20:47 - Mar 24 by Phil_S

If you read the whole last two pages it will make sense.

The random yank comment is quite easy to understand...

There we are then.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024