Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread 10:49 - Mar 22 with 31830 viewsDarran

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 19:02 - Mar 22 with 1483 viewsUxbridge

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 18:58 - Mar 22 by exiledclaseboy

In a perverse kind of way, I'm quite enjoying it. It's been a while.

Certainly beats last season's seemingly endless run of exhibition games after we won the League Cup and immediately got to 40 points.

I'll get back to you on that so long as we come out the right side of it in May

At the very least I hope all this sorts out the complacency that has completely overtaken pretty much every aspect of our club in the last couple of years.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 19:02 - Mar 22 with 1482 viewscurleigh

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 16:19 - Mar 22 by hobo

Nothing wrong with Chico wanting to attack there. Pablo had Bony and chico ahead of him, but decided he wanted to try to run around the whole team rather than passing

i agree we never seem to support our strikers so the way i see it Chico was giving Pablo an option as only Bony was up we have two holding midfielders who could see what Chico was doing and they should have provided the cover, Pablo messed up a promising counter by making the wrong option.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2014 19:03]
The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 19:04 - Mar 22 with 1473 viewsUxbridge

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 19:02 - Mar 22 by curleigh

i agree we never seem to support our strikers so the way i see it Chico was giving Pablo an option as only Bony was up we have two holding midfielders who could see what Chico was doing and they should have provided the cover, Pablo messed up a promising counter by making the wrong option.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2014 19:03]

He did indeed. However the ball was 70 yards from goal and we still outnumbered them in our half. The team should have adjusted a whole lot better. Pablo ballsed up the attack but that wasn't the reason we conceded.

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 19:05 - Mar 22 with 1464 viewsSpratty

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 18:49 - Mar 22 by Uxbridge

You forgot to include Leon in that defensive suicide pact but aye, spot on.

Our attacking players deserve better than what's happening behind them, although they're also guilty of spurning some gilt edged chances. However I have more sympathy for them as no team has a right to earn anything after gifting three goals in that manner.

Perversely, I'm even more optimistic about Tuesday than I was beforehand. Play like that and we've got a decent shout.

As for Monk, the one thing I always clung to was the belief he'd sort the defence out. If anything it's got quite a bit worse.

Could get a bit of advice from his pal Sousa
The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 19:07 - Mar 22 with 1455 viewsUxbridge

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 19:05 - Mar 22 by Spratty

Could get a bit of advice from his pal Sousa

I've heard a lot worse options, although suspect Monk might disagree slightly on that.

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 19:08 - Mar 22 with 1440 viewsexiledclaseboy

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 19:07 - Mar 22 by Uxbridge

I've heard a lot worse options, although suspect Monk might disagree slightly on that.

Gareth Southgate could not be reached for comment.

Poll: Tory leader

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 19:12 - Mar 22 with 1427 viewsUxbridge

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 19:08 - Mar 22 by exiledclaseboy

Gareth Southgate could not be reached for comment.

I'm absolutely convinced he's our next manager in the summer.

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 19:12 - Mar 22 with 1421 viewsexiledclaseboy

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 19:12 - Mar 22 by Uxbridge

I'm absolutely convinced he's our next manager in the summer.

You and me both.

Poll: Tory leader

Login to get fewer ads

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 19:15 - Mar 22 with 1414 viewskarnataka

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 18:49 - Mar 22 by Uxbridge

You forgot to include Leon in that defensive suicide pact but aye, spot on.

Our attacking players deserve better than what's happening behind them, although they're also guilty of spurning some gilt edged chances. However I have more sympathy for them as no team has a right to earn anything after gifting three goals in that manner.

Perversely, I'm even more optimistic about Tuesday than I was beforehand. Play like that and we've got a decent shout.

As for Monk, the one thing I always clung to was the belief he'd sort the defence out. If anything it's got quite a bit worse.

"Perversely, I'm even more optimistic about Tuesday than I was beforehand. Play like that and we've got a decent shout. "

Yes, especially if both of us play like we did today.
The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 19:17 - Mar 22 with 1403 viewsPhil_S

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 19:12 - Mar 22 by exiledclaseboy

You and me both.

How much of your pension fund would you stake on it?
The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 19:26 - Mar 22 with 1376 viewsSpratty

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 19:17 - Mar 22 by Phil_S

In 80ths
The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 19:34 - Mar 22 with 1342 viewsairedale

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 19:17 - Mar 22 by Phil_S

Very > 05/04/14!
The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 19:44 - Mar 22 with 1309 viewsshingle

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 18:19 - Mar 22 by monmouth

Ofcourse losing to arsenal is the most likely option. Our fate will now be decided by home games with narch, Villa and Soton and away games at Sundy, Nooc, and Hull. Same thing aplies as with Palarse and Wubba. If we can't get the points from those, we deserve to fail, as we have a better team than each of those clubs including Soton. Got to stop defending like clwyd juniors mind.

I think if we pick up between 6 to 8 points during our last 8 games we should be ok but i`m very weary that we will be able to get these points, if we survive i think we will easily stay up next season as there is no doubt in my mind that the Europa cup is the reason we find ourselves in the predicament we are in now, it`s quite simply bad management in thinking we could do well in the cup and comfortably stay in the prem
The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 20:01 - Mar 22 with 1245 viewsSpratty

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 19:44 - Mar 22 by shingle

I think if we pick up between 6 to 8 points during our last 8 games we should be ok but i`m very weary that we will be able to get these points, if we survive i think we will easily stay up next season as there is no doubt in my mind that the Europa cup is the reason we find ourselves in the predicament we are in now, it`s quite simply bad management in thinking we could do well in the cup and comfortably stay in the prem

But do we need to comfortably stay in the PL. Sounds like pipe and slipper approach.

Haven't you heard some of our fans have found they like living life on the edge.

Gi us a cup gov - we want more European trips - A cup win is for ever and I for one don't want to wait for another 100 years - I might not even be up to thrashing the Ultras at scrabble by then.
The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 20:06 - Mar 22 with 1222 viewsPhil_S

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 20:01 - Mar 22 by Spratty

But do we need to comfortably stay in the PL. Sounds like pipe and slipper approach.

Haven't you heard some of our fans have found they like living life on the edge.

Gi us a cup gov - we want more European trips - A cup win is for ever and I for one don't want to wait for another 100 years - I might not even be up to thrashing the Ultras at scrabble by then.

I never get this. I wouldn't change the European trips we have had this season for anything. Brilliant memories that will live on for a long time.

If our ultimate aim from now on in is 10th-14th in the league with no trips into Europe then...
The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 20:09 - Mar 22 with 1210 viewsCaptain_Sham

When Cardiff were winning and we were drawing, the live league table looked a fuk sight scarier than it does now. If other teams failure is what it takes for us to stay up then bring it on, I really couldn't give a fk, as long as we stay up. Naarch is gonna be fun.

Its just a ride.

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 20:09 - Mar 22 with 1209 viewsshingle

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 20:01 - Mar 22 by Spratty

I doubt anyone will remember Swansea city the team who could not get past the last 32 of the second tier Europa cup, but everyone knows about Swansea city the Premier league team one of the elite 19 teams in the greatest league in the world, so lets not fcuk about overplaying our players in the Europa and risking our status in this great league as i say bad management end of.
The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 20:10 - Mar 22 with 1207 viewsUxbridge

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 20:06 - Mar 22 by Phil_S

I never get this. I wouldn't change the European trips we have had this season for anything. Brilliant memories that will live on for a long time.

If our ultimate aim from now on in is 10th-14th in the league with no trips into Europe then...

This x 1000.

If we go down then so be it. It would have still been worth it for me. Know I'm not in the majority with that view though.

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 20:12 - Mar 22 with 1195 viewsshingle

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 20:10 - Mar 22 by Uxbridge

This x 1000.

If we go down then so be it. It would have still been worth it for me. Know I'm not in the majority with that view though.

So a few European trips mean more to you then being in the Prem, now this goes way over my head.
The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 20:15 - Mar 22 with 1192 viewsUxbridge

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 20:12 - Mar 22 by shingle

So a few European trips mean more to you then being in the Prem, now this goes way over my head.

They certainly meant more to me than cementing mid-table obscurity.

We can always get promoted again, or have fun trying. How often will I ever get to watch my team in European competition.

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 20:17 - Mar 22 with 1189 viewsCaptain_Sham

Is it time to reconvene the 'bite your hand off for 17th' association?
[Post edited 22 Mar 2014 20:17]

Its just a ride.

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 20:26 - Mar 22 with 1166 viewsshingle

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 20:15 - Mar 22 by Uxbridge

They certainly meant more to me than cementing mid-table obscurity.

We can always get promoted again, or have fun trying. How often will I ever get to watch my team in European competition.

But apart from a number of our so called loyal supporters our European exploits have made no impression on anyone and may very well cost us our place in the Prem, it would have been better playing a second string outfit and saving our main players for the league, you lot will still have seen the club play in Europe and had your couple of European trips.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2014 20:26]
The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 20:29 - Mar 22 with 1158 viewsUxbridge

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 20:26 - Mar 22 by shingle

But apart from a number of our so called loyal supporters our European exploits have made no impression on anyone and may very well cost us our place in the Prem, it would have been better playing a second string outfit and saving our main players for the league, you lot will still have seen the club play in Europe and had your couple of European trips.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2014 20:26]

Europe has made no impression on you? That's sad to hear. Is the Premier League all that matters? Have Sky really done that good a job convincing everyone it is?

What's the point of being in the top flight if the ambition is merely to survive? I'd rather be in a lower division having fun trying to achieve something rather than scrambling around for the crumbs off the big boys plates.

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 20:36 - Mar 22 with 1143 viewsshingle

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 20:29 - Mar 22 by Uxbridge

Europe has made no impression on you? That's sad to hear. Is the Premier League all that matters? Have Sky really done that good a job convincing everyone it is?

What's the point of being in the top flight if the ambition is merely to survive? I'd rather be in a lower division having fun trying to achieve something rather than scrambling around for the crumbs off the big boys plates.

No mate, we scraped through our group and got knocked out in the first knock out phase and wore out our best players in the process by overplaying them, as i say i would have been more impressed by giving our squad members a run out and keeping our best players fit and fresh to concentrate on the Prem.
The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 20:37 - Mar 22 with 1139 viewsUxbridge

The official Everton V Swansea City matchday thread on 20:36 - Mar 22 by shingle

No mate, we scraped through our group and got knocked out in the first knock out phase and wore out our best players in the process by overplaying them, as i say i would have been more impressed by giving our squad members a run out and keeping our best players fit and fresh to concentrate on the Prem.

And just concede Europe? How depressing. What's the point in that?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024