Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Morrison 15:16 - Jan 16 with 37048 viewsHoopsarrr

According to the bookies, we're now 4/6 to bring in Morrison. Successful window if we managed Freedman, Ward and Morrison.
Morrison on 11:48 - Jan 29 with 2979 viewsisawqpratwcity

Morrison on 10:46 - Jan 29 by francisbowles

Surprised by that! Shocked if the whole picture.!

Immediate thoughts, why did he go, was he out of contract? ? Surely there must have been large incentives or other benefits

Make of this what you will....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ravel_Morrison

Lazio
In January 2015, it was reported that Morrison had signed a pre-contract agreement to join Lazio on a four-year deal at the end of the 2014—15 season. The move took place in July 2015, after Morrison's contract with West Ham United expired, on a free transfer under the Bosman ruling.[39] In February 2015, Morrison's contract with West Ham United was terminated early and the player began training with Lazio ahead of his proposed move. By June, various reports in the English media suggested that Morrison had become unsettled in Rome and in turn had instructed his representatives to seek out a move back home. Soon after, it emerged that former club Queens Park Rangers were the lead club to secure Morrison's signature, with the player reportedly keen to return to London, however Morrison himself later denied these claims.[40]
Morrison made his Lazio debut in a 14—0 victory against C.S. Auronzo on 12 July 2015, scoring two goals and providing two assists, with his overall performance "sending the fans into ecstasy".[41][42] He made his competitive debut for Lazio in the UEFA Champions League play-off round second leg match, away to Bayer Leverkusen on 26 August 2015. Morrison played the final eight minutes in place of Ogenyi Onazi in a 3—0 loss (3—1 aggregate).[43] Four days later, he made his Serie A debut in a 4—0 loss at Chievo, coming on at half time in place of Senad Lulić.[44]
Morrison featured scarcely in Lazio's start to the 2015—16 season, with coach Stefano Pioli criticising his effort and inability to speak Italian.[44] In October 2015, he posted a message on Twitter saying solely "January..", leading to more reports of an exit from the club.[44]

Wigan Athletic
In January 2017, having made no appearances for Lazio in the 2016—17 season, it was reported that Morrison was training with Championship club Wigan Athletic under former Manchester United coach Warren Joyce.[45] While the deal was initially to help Morrison regain fitness, Joyce, who managed Morrison at youth and reserve level admitted that the club were considering signing him on a permanent deal if he could get back to the level required.[46]
[Post edited 29 Jan 2017 11:49]

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Morrison on 13:43 - Jan 29 with 2827 viewskensalriser

Surely this will be a loan if it happens at all, as he's still under contract with Lazio.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Morrison on 13:45 - Jan 29 with 2822 viewsLongsufferingR

Been in two minds about this ever since it was first mentioned, but the more I think about it, the more it seems like a potentially fantastic move for us. Having seen what Lualua can provide yesterday, the combination of the two may be devastating at this level, particularly when facing opposition of the calibre of Burton.

Let's do it!
Morrison on 13:53 - Jan 29 with 2797 viewsTGRRRSSS

Is Ravel Unnattached atm?

Not sure about this it's all there but the head seemingly isnt and really not sure much can be done he must have had the best money can buy down the years but...
Morrison on 14:43 - Jan 29 with 2701 viewsfrancisbowles

Morrison on 13:43 - Jan 29 by kensalriser

Surely this will be a loan if it happens at all, as he's still under contract with Lazio.

Some of the reports have indicated that they are prepared to let him go. I read that as cut their losses as they don't think he can make a contribution.
Morrison on 17:16 - Jan 29 with 2604 viewsBoston

Morrison on 13:26 - Jan 28 by TacticalR

Intriguing that so many of the Laura Norder posters seem to be pro-Morrison.

All we are saying, is give peace a chance.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Morrison on 17:38 - Jan 29 with 2541 viewsLblock

Morrison on 17:16 - Jan 29 by Boston

All we are saying, is give peace a chance.

Cut price Morrison

Nice

I know nothing about Wigan and maybe they did offer him a deal or maybe they couldn't afford him.
Maybe Les persuaded him to come
Maybe he loves it in West London

I dunno but I really hope it works out and he can help us achieve safety this season and be part of something next season

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Morrison on 18:31 - Jan 29 with 2453 viewsGloucs_R

Undoubtedly has the talent,. hopefully has the right attitude. We are building a really young squad.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Login to get fewer ads

Morrison on 20:32 - Mar 4 with 1876 viewsNoelmc

Morrison on 11:49 - Jan 27 by bosh67

As far as I know he was as good as gold last time here and wanted to stay. Told people he finally felt comfortable at QPR. I reckon Ollie can handle him as well. Only 23 and we need a maverick. QPR always needs that maverick in the mix.

The only problem is when I think of Morrison and Manning I kind of see this...

Should we be worried?
Morrison on 20:59 - Mar 4 with 1751 viewsLongsufferingR

Carrying about 3 stone more than he should it seems from today's evidence. Where have we heard that before?
Morrison on 21:15 - Mar 4 with 3627 viewsconnell10

Morrison on 20:59 - Mar 4 by LongsufferingR

Carrying about 3 stone more than he should it seems from today's evidence. Where have we heard that before?

I thought he played OK and I find your criticism a tad harsh mate ! Maybe you just don't like him and you never will , but I'm willing to give him a chance ! So cut the B's 3 stone overweight that's just bollix!!!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Morrison on 21:16 - Mar 4 with 3621 viewsBlackCrowe

Morrison on 20:59 - Mar 4 by LongsufferingR

He looked a bit of a lumbering oaf when he came on, crashing into opposition as they went past him. Now understand why he's not been making the squad, not understanding why we signed him but let's see how it unfolds.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Morrison on 21:18 - Mar 4 with 3592 viewsLongsufferingR

Morrison on 21:15 - Mar 4 by connell10

I thought he played OK and I find your criticism a tad harsh mate ! Maybe you just don't like him and you never will , but I'm willing to give him a chance ! So cut the B's 3 stone overweight that's just bollix!!!

Excuse me?? Where have I said I don't like him? He's a great player but I just think he's obviously overweight at the moment. Am I wrong?
Morrison on 21:20 - Mar 4 with 3579 viewsNortholt_Rs

Morrison on 21:18 - Mar 4 by LongsufferingR

Excuse me?? Where have I said I don't like him? He's a great player but I just think he's obviously overweight at the moment. Am I wrong?

He's def carrying timber....

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Morrison on 21:22 - Mar 4 with 3551 viewsconnell10

Morrison on 21:18 - Mar 4 by LongsufferingR

Yes if you are saying 3 stone you are ! That is bollix!

Morrison on 21:25 - Mar 4 with 3532 viewsLongsufferingR

Morrison on 21:22 - Mar 4 by connell10

Yes if you are saying 3 stone you are ! That is bollix!

OK, somebody's obviously more than a little touchy tonight. Try reading my previous post on this thread to see what I thought about signing him.

Good night.
Morrison on 21:27 - Mar 4 with 3514 viewsBlue_Castello

Morrison on 21:16 - Mar 4 by BlackCrowe

He looked a bit of a lumbering oaf when he came on, crashing into opposition as they went past him. Now understand why he's not been making the squad, not understanding why we signed him but let's see how it unfolds.

Totally agree he looked overweight, slow and his challenges in the middle of the park where he just jumped into the player were embarassing.

That said I rated Morrison big time when he was last with us But he's way off being match fit and looks a shadow of the player that we saw on his last loan, fingers crossed he gets fitter and proves he's still hungry to achieve.
Morrison on 21:31 - Mar 4 with 3482 viewsconnell10

Morrison on 21:25 - Mar 4 by LongsufferingR

OK, somebody's obviously more than a little touchy tonight. Try reading my previous post on this thread to see what I thought about signing him.

Good night.

See ya ! 3 stone my arse!

Morrison on 21:33 - Mar 4 with 3463 viewsFredManRave

Morrison on 21:31 - Mar 4 by connell10

See ya ! 3 stone my arse!

You sound like Nicki Minaj.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Morrison on 21:35 - Mar 4 with 3447 viewsFDC

Connell's 3 stone arse aside, what position was he played in when he came on?

He was always going to be way below the fitness of the rest of the squad at first. He'll have to work really hard to get up to first team levels of fitness. If he does the work and earn a place then fair play to him, and we'll have a seriously talented player that is willing to do what's needed. If not he'll be gone in the summer.
Morrison on 21:39 - Mar 4 with 3420 viewsStanisgod

Morrison on 21:15 - Mar 4 by connell10

Played ok !!! Jeez I must have been at a different game. It was a weird 20 minutes. He actually looked like he'd never played football before , crashing into people, standing and watching loose balls etc. BUT he will be ok with games, he's a class act IF he can get his head right. Also didnt look overweight to me.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Morrison on 21:56 - Mar 4 with 3344 viewsrsonist

If you'd all just let him carry on playing ping pong with JET he'd probably be in shape now...

Look, even with Freeman out we still have plenty of attacking options before getting to Morrison, and it's not really as if we have that much left to play for now either.

Think of him being here now as an extended medical for next season. We're minimising the risk by letting Ollie get a good long look at him.

It's obviously one of the trickiest jobs in football extracting the talent from Ravel. If we don't probably no one will. Just let them get on with it in peace.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2017 21:57]
Morrison on 22:21 - Mar 4 with 3220 viewsDWQPR

The player I thought today was carrying a fair amount of timber today was Luongo. Very slow and very poor today. Manning is miles ahead of this guy in every aspect of his game. A player I would get rid of at the end of the season.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Morrison on 23:01 - Mar 4 with 3149 viewsDorse

Morrison on 21:56 - Mar 4 by rsonist

If you'd all just let him carry on playing ping pong with JET he'd probably be in shape now...

Look, even with Freeman out we still have plenty of attacking options before getting to Morrison, and it's not really as if we have that much left to play for now either.

Think of him being here now as an extended medical for next season. We're minimising the risk by letting Ollie get a good long look at him.

It's obviously one of the trickiest jobs in football extracting the talent from Ravel. If we don't probably no one will. Just let them get on with it in peace.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2017 21:57]

He's not fat. It's talent-retention.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Morrison on 09:31 - Mar 5 with 2895 viewssmegma

Morrison on 21:27 - Mar 4 by Blue_Castello

Totally agree he looked overweight, slow and his challenges in the middle of the park where he just jumped into the player were embarassing.

That said I rated Morrison big time when he was last with us But he's way off being match fit and looks a shadow of the player that we saw on his last loan, fingers crossed he gets fitter and proves he's still hungry to achieve.

If he was overweight I doubt he would be in the squad let alone on the bench. He certainly isn't fit though and yes he looked like he didn't know what the spherical object being kicked about was. Without preseason training he won't be fit. Only one person to blame.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024