Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Morrison 15:16 - Jan 16 with 36484 viewsHoopsarrr

According to the bookies, we're now 4/6 to bring in Morrison. Successful window if we managed Freedman, Ward and Morrison.
Morrison on 19:38 - Jan 27 with 5005 viewsPBLOCK

I'd take a punt. Played well when he was here last time and made an important contribution (Charlie was out and goals were drying up) can think if a couple of really good performances he made)

We are not talking some stupid 60k 4 year cintract like we have done in the past SWP anyone. If we do a short term almost try before you buy and he contributes, works hard , does.something then I'm all for it. If it blows up get rid in the summer. He must know he is in the last chance saloon but I would give him that chance we don't have anything similar in my opinion

Would disagree with someone's comments that he was a downgrade on Chery. Never really rated Chery decent free kick and would a couple of great games back to back but them disappear for the next 8.

Morrison could be a shrew bit of business
Morrison on 19:40 - Jan 27 with 4979 viewsHollowayRanger

Big yes for me

sign him up for rest of season with the guarantee of a two year extension if the manager gives the nod come may

if he breaks the rules set by the club he's gone but he's grown up and knuckle downs and plays well then we have that contract extension agreed

end of day this division is full of average hard working players but very few talented ones that's why the likes of buzasky and taarabt stood out and Morrison HAS the ability to do the same

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Morrison on 19:43 - Jan 27 with 4964 viewsLblock

Hoping this happens

IF it does then hopefully it's not a 4 month short term contract as many seem to want.

It needs to be 18 months with break clauses at key times on the clubs side only
Break 1 - in May in case he bombs (can't see it)
Break 2 - in August to see what happens over the summer / pre-season
Break 3 - next January (see 1)

Madness to sign the lad, let him show his talents and then potentially he can swan off to others for nish in the summer
Wise up man!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Morrison on 19:53 - Jan 27 with 4918 viewsHollowayRanger

Morrison on 19:43 - Jan 27 by Lblock

Hoping this happens

IF it does then hopefully it's not a 4 month short term contract as many seem to want.

Madness to sign the lad, let him show his talents and then potentially he can swan off to others for nish in the summer
Wise up man!

yep same here 2 I/2 year deal but with a Holloway veto end beginning of seasons

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Morrison on 19:55 - Jan 27 with 4921 viewsqprewan

Can't understand the negativity from some on here...what on earth have we to lose? We offer hI'm a sensible contract and see how it goes..I mean it's not as if we are scoring goals for fun from all positions is it? My God this team is crying out for some skill and just to remind you Stan Bowles our greatest ever player was a nightmare of the pitch too
Morrison on 20:19 - Jan 27 with 4870 viewsJamie

Morrison on 19:43 - Jan 27 by Lblock

Hoping this happens

Wise up man!

Wouldn't worry too much about him being stolen away in the summer on the cheap.

He's been back over here for months trying to find a new club without any takers, despite being available on a free.

That's before you get to the fact that he lasted 12 weeks here last time, before Redknapp dropped him from his starting 11.

Since that time, he's failed at Cardiff, failed at Lazio and failed a trial at Wigan under his former manager.
Morrison on 20:48 - Jan 27 with 4795 viewsBrightonhoop

Morrison on 20:19 - Jan 27 by Jamie

He's been back over here for months trying to find a new club without any takers, despite being available on a free.

That's before you get to the fact that he lasted 12 weeks here last time, before Redknapp dropped him from his starting 11.

Since that time, he's failed at Cardiff, failed at Lazio and failed a trial at Wigan under his former manager.

Doesn't look good, that record,but maybe, maybe he will bounce off Ollie well. Worth a rolling monthly contract on a free. Imho.
Morrison on 22:00 - Jan 27 with 4658 viewsBoston

He's not a maverick in my book, more a renegade, Renegade Ravel...that or Mad Dog Morrison.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Login to get fewer ads

Morrison on 23:21 - Jan 27 with 4554 viewsisawqpratwcity

Morrison on 14:25 - Jan 27 by kingsburyR

A Yes from me.....

https://memecrunch.com/meme/1PN4M/brap-brap/image.png?w=500&c=1

Sod knows how to paste images up (I know I have been told before!!)
[Post edited 27 Jan 2017 14:40]

When you paste in the image address like you have, click on the "Preview Post" button underneath. If it shows the address as a link (as yours does), have a look at the address and see if there is any 'extra' stuff after the file-type suffix. The file-type suffix is the bit that says ".png" in your case. More usually people post jpegs or gifs (".jpg" or ".gif") for pictures or images that cycle.

In your case, after the ".png" comes a load of other guff (that is not a technical term), "?w=500&c=1". I don't know what that is there for, but you don't need it. Delete it off and then hit "Preview Post" again and you should see...

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Morrison on 00:48 - Jan 28 with 4490 viewsBoston

Morrison on 23:21 - Jan 27 by isawqpratwcity

When you paste in the image address like you have, click on the "Preview Post" button underneath. If it shows the address as a link (as yours does), have a look at the address and see if there is any 'extra' stuff after the file-type suffix. The file-type suffix is the bit that says ".png" in your case. More usually people post jpegs or gifs (".jpg" or ".gif") for pictures or images that cycle.

In your case, after the ".png" comes a load of other guff (that is not a technical term), "?w=500&c=1". I don't know what that is there for, but you don't need it. Delete it off and then hit "Preview Post" again and you should see...

Don't encourage him.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Morrison on 02:19 - Jan 28 with 4438 viewsisawqpratwcity

Morrison on 00:48 - Jan 28 by Boston

Don't encourage him.

I'm just trying to help brighten dull text.

Morrison on 10:30 - Jan 28 with 4243 viewsRoller

I can't see how Morrison fits in with the "Ollie Ethic". Will he track back more readily than Shodipo? I don't think we are good enough to carry a passenger regardless of however skillful he is.
Morrison on 10:49 - Jan 28 with 4181 viewsPlanetHonneywood

When you hear the likes of Fergie eulogise about his ability, you think wow!

He bombed out the drinking culture at United and developed talent throughout his time there and yet, he moved RM on. He's been moved on by everyone else and the rumour I heard about him here, was that he allegedly got into trouble after a game and that was it.

Not sure whether it's a case of him being trouble or troubled. But talent is one thing and like the rotund Moroccan of yore, if you don't respect, nurture and develop your ability, it goes. Not sure what he's done since April 2014, and that's a long bloody time kicking your heels.

Personally no. But, if Olly sees something and if that something includes some maturity, commitment and determination, then a sensibly constructed contract that allows us to get rid if his demons resurface, then maybe. On his day, leagues above Chery and everyone else.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Morrison on 11:52 - Jan 28 with 4081 viewsoldmeadoniansR

Morrison on 10:49 - Jan 28 by PlanetHonneywood

When you hear the likes of Fergie eulogise about his ability, you think wow!

He bombed out the drinking culture at United and developed talent throughout his time there and yet, he moved RM on. He's been moved on by everyone else and the rumour I heard about him here, was that he allegedly got into trouble after a game and that was it.

Not sure whether it's a case of him being trouble or troubled. But talent is one thing and like the rotund Moroccan of yore, if you don't respect, nurture and develop your ability, it goes. Not sure what he's done since April 2014, and that's a long bloody time kicking your heels.

Personally no. But, if Olly sees something and if that something includes some maturity, commitment and determination, then a sensibly constructed contract that allows us to get rid if his demons resurface, then maybe. On his day, leagues above Chery and everyone else.

Come on all. Loftus rd needs uncut duamonds. Players who can ghost past defenders, turn a game with a bit of brilliance and at any point blow up and never be seen again. Love it.
Morrison on 11:58 - Jan 28 with 4064 viewsrsonist

Morrison on 10:30 - Jan 28 by Roller

I can't see how Morrison fits in with the "Ollie Ethic". Will he track back more readily than Shodipo? I don't think we are good enough to carry a passenger regardless of however skillful he is.

Not like Ollie to contradict himself....
Morrison on 12:51 - Jan 28 with 3994 viewscyprusmel

Morrison on 20:19 - Jan 27 by Jamie

Without his goals there would have been no Zamora final and I thought it was said at the time he was injured for the last few games before the final.
He certainly celebrated with the team on the pitch after it was won.
Morrison on 13:05 - Jan 28 with 3935 viewseghamranger

Morrison on 12:51 - Jan 28 by cyprusmel

Without his goals there would have been no Zamora final and I thought it was said at the time he was injured for the last few games before the final.

I agree. Give him a contract till the end of the season. Give him a chance, he had flair and we like to have a player like that at HQ

No brainier !!
Morrison on 13:26 - Jan 28 with 3878 viewsTacticalR

Intriguing that so many of the Laura Norder posters seem to be pro-Morrison.

Air hostess clique

Morrison on 13:49 - Jan 28 with 3803 viewsJamie

Morrison on 12:51 - Jan 28 by cyprusmel

Think you missed the point which was that there has never been a question about his ability, it's always been him as a person contributing to his own downfall.

In the 33 months since he left here, he's made a total of 11 appearances, and failed a trial at Wigan under his biggest supporter.

We can talk about his undoubted ability all day long, but the fact that Warren Joyce didn't feel him worth a short term contract should speak volumes...

Although him allegedly being carried paralytic out of a Manchester nightclub in midweek may not be unrelated.
Morrison on 01:24 - Jan 29 with 3612 viewsbrad

happy with morrison...an asset
Morrison on 07:58 - Jan 29 with 3506 viewsRs_Holy

Morrison on 01:24 - Jan 29 by brad

happy with morrison...an asset

As long as he turns up to training every day on time and gives 100% it could work out.
Morrison on 09:34 - Jan 29 with 3382 viewsparker64

According to Soccerbase since Sep 2014 he's played 1 game and 10 as sub. Sign him up I say.
Morrison on 09:57 - Jan 29 with 3326 viewsfrancisbowles

All those rushing to give him a contract just stop for a minute.

Part of the issue is he is under contract and drawing, presumably, good money in Rome. I would imagine this is well above our cap.

The club is doing the right thing, they are looking at him in training. Time is limited and baring in mind nobody else seems to want him, the odds are against him proving himself before the deadline.

We are though giving him a chance. Can't really do much more!
Morrison on 10:08 - Jan 29 with 3300 viewsisawqpratwcity

Morrison on 09:57 - Jan 29 by francisbowles

All those rushing to give him a contract just stop for a minute.

Part of the issue is he is under contract and drawing, presumably, good money in Rome. I would imagine this is well above our cap.

The club is doing the right thing, they are looking at him in training. Time is limited and baring in mind nobody else seems to want him, the odds are against him proving himself before the deadline.

We are though giving him a chance. Can't really do much more!

Most recent info I could find.

http://sportsmaza.com/football/s-s-lazio-players-salaries/

This has him at £9,423 per week. Of course that involves a Euro exchange rate from a couple of years ago, so don't take it as anything particularly accurate. It seems to be somewhere around the current salary cap of about 10k, though.

Morrison on 10:46 - Jan 29 with 3240 viewsfrancisbowles

Surprised by that! Shocked if the whole picture.!

Immediate thoughts, why did he go, was he out of contract? ? Surely there must have been large incentives or other benefits
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024