Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Morrison 15:16 - Jan 16 with 36481 viewsHoopsarrr

According to the bookies, we're now 4/6 to bring in Morrison. Successful window if we managed Freedman, Ward and Morrison.
Morrison on 10:57 - Jan 27 with 3735 viewsessextaxiboy

Morrison on 10:50 - Jan 27 by terryb

Because his signing would be completely against all that Ollie has said he is trying to achieve.

The "negativity " is about the possibility of signing another spoilt over rated "superstar". Some of you would love this to happen . Others of us would hate it to happen.

In the time that he was with us he performed in no more than two games & he will not work or defend for us. If your happy with that fine, but don't complain when the defence start conceeding goals again!

Morrison a maverick? Not in my book he ain't.

Did you see the play off semi Wigan at home .?
He came on as sub and gave a fantastic defensive display protecting Suk Young in extra time .
Watch him in the huddle at HT in extra time in that game .on loan but fully committed IMO ..Yes please
Morrison on 11:00 - Jan 27 with 3710 viewsdannyblue

Don't know where he'll play, or how he'll fit into the system, or what effect he'll have on the dressing room but...

Yes!

We are QPR, and we're all about maverick 10s.

The problem with the last one (Chery) was he was just too sensible on and off the pitch.
Morrison on 11:03 - Jan 27 with 3682 viewsHoopsarrr

Morrison on 10:50 - Jan 27 by terryb

Because his signing would be completely against all that Ollie has said he is trying to achieve.

The "negativity " is about the possibility of signing another spoilt over rated "superstar". Some of you would love this to happen . Others of us would hate it to happen.

In the time that he was with us he performed in no more than two games & he will not work or defend for us. If your happy with that fine, but don't complain when the defence start conceeding goals again!

Morrison a maverick? Not in my book he ain't.

So explain then what is Ollie trying to achieve? Promote youth? He's 24? Rid of mercenaries? He wasn't an issue with us last time round. He played 15 games scoring 6 goals for us- hardly underperforming.

Morrison's a flair player, something we used to have with Chery but disappeared this season.

He'll sit in front of two box to box midfielders who track back, as long as everyone does their job and the defenders "defend" then I won't complain chap.
Morrison on 11:15 - Jan 27 with 3589 viewsDorse

I thought he was decent for us last time but it was a very different team. Lots more senior pros to guide him through.

I seriously doubt this will be a 'meh' signing: it will be either one extreme or the other.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Morrison on 11:28 - Jan 27 with 3521 viewsToast_R

Bad attitude rubs off on others though.

On the pitch he's a talent no one disputes that. It's all the other stuff that you have to worry about, turning up late for training if at all because he's been up to God knows what the night before. The possibility that he'll drag the clubs already tarnished name through the gutter because he's on yet another assault charge for some misdemeanour, bullying women or something just as horrible.

We're trying to get youngsters into our first team, but if they're being edged out and having to sit on the bench whilst someone like Morrison is playing despite not putting the work in before a match, then how's that going to go down? What message is that sending out?

All if's and maybe's of course, he might train hard and be a complete self disciplinarian these days who's had an epiphany of light. Realistically you'd have to carefully consider though that someone who has a footballing talent acknowledged by some of the finest managers the world but has bombed out of every club he's ever signed to, that the idea of him being the reformed character that every football fan is desperate to see or the idea that for all it's faults and failures with other troubled players down the years, that QPR might just be the club to help him find himself, is all leaning towards the ever so unlikely.

Still, it'd be fun finding out. Sign him up!
Morrison on 11:30 - Jan 27 with 3506 viewsWestbourneR

I think the point that he was more trouble away from football than in it is a very good one. He always seemed to put a shift in on the pitch, he seemed tactically aware and ridiculously talented. He's one of those players that just glides over the pitch. Goals in him too.

He just seems to be an unhappy soul away from football and it gets on top of him.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Morrison on 11:48 - Jan 27 with 3402 viewsJamieNaz

Morrison on 10:57 - Jan 27 by essextaxiboy

Did you see the play off semi Wigan at home .?
He came on as sub and gave a fantastic defensive display protecting Suk Young in extra time .
Watch him in the huddle at HT in extra time in that game .on loan but fully committed IMO ..Yes please

Ha - I'd forgotten about that. He was awful as a defensive left winger! Yun and Dunne and everyone spent ages screaming at him to get in the right position and he looked totally lost.

That's not what you want him for though. So no real criticism, but he was not good at it!
He was pretty effective for us last time around as a 10.

Think the point that Ollie has been digging out players like Ngbakoto for being "unfit" in his eyes even after suffering a bereavment and young Ravel used to solely subsist on Mars bars and Lucozade is a relevant one.

Ollie has also now found a style of play that's working reasonably well without a 10.
Morrison on 11:49 - Jan 27 with 3392 viewsbosh67

As far as I know he was as good as gold last time here and wanted to stay. Told people he finally felt comfortable at QPR. I reckon Ollie can handle him as well. Only 23 and we need a maverick. QPR always needs that maverick in the mix.

The only problem is when I think of Morrison and Manning I kind of see this...

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

Morrison on 11:51 - Jan 27 with 3381 viewsfrancisbowles

Tread very carefully, state the rules, see how he behaves in training and back in London.

If it goes well sign him up on a decent length contract, within our budget, but write certain protective clauses eg where he lives, where he goes, curfew etc. the usual stuff but expanded, so that we can dismiss if he doesn't behave or conform.

We can remind him what happened to Leon Jeanne!

It is certainly worth a try, we have the experience of football and business in Ferdinand, Ollie, Birch and Hoos to get this right, if he has realised this is a big chance, possibly his last.

There hasn't been a rush of clubs to sign him!
Morrison on 12:07 - Jan 27 with 3303 viewspeejaybee

Just imagine some bloke who could not walk past a bookies,pose with naked women,kick footballs at trophies and had Don Shanks as his best mate.No Thank You.?

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

Morrison on 12:46 - Jan 27 with 3167 viewsFDC

ProszÄ™ pomóż. Mam mokre bikini
Morrison on 12:48 - Jan 27 with 3159 viewsYorkRanger

Morrison on 11:51 - Jan 27 by francisbowles

Tread very carefully, state the rules, see how he behaves in training and back in London.

If it goes well sign him up on a decent length contract, within our budget, but write certain protective clauses eg where he lives, where he goes, curfew etc. the usual stuff but expanded, so that we can dismiss if he doesn't behave or conform.

We can remind him what happened to Leon Jeanne!

It is certainly worth a try, we have the experience of football and business in Ferdinand, Ollie, Birch and Hoos to get this right, if he has realised this is a big chance, possibly his last.

There hasn't been a rush of clubs to sign him!

This seems sensible. very skilful player and I dont recall him being a problem when here before. To get a player with his sort of ability at QPR these days he would have to be flawed in some way...
Morrison on 12:58 - Jan 27 with 3098 viewsrsonist

Morrison on 12:07 - Jan 27 by peejaybee

Just imagine some bloke who could not walk past a bookies,pose with naked women,kick footballs at trophies and had Don Shanks as his best mate.No Thank You.?

Cosy with gangland too.

Never wore a hoodie though.
Morrison on 13:10 - Jan 27 with 3033 viewsterryb

Sorry, but I don't really know what the problem is.

Some of you rate Morrison & would love him to sign.

On the other hand, I don't particulary rate him & would much prefer him not to return. I would put Chery in the maverick category before him.

Just my opinion & you are entitled to yours!

I also think there is a long way to go before he is offered a contract. That would be a hell of an impression for him to make over a short period before the Tuesday deadline. It could be that Rangers, like Wigan, decline to make that offer.

I will still go to Rangers if we sign him & I would be pleased if he was a sucess. I would also be quite surprised if that was the case!
Morrison on 13:17 - Jan 27 with 2988 viewsJamieNaz

Morrison on 13:10 - Jan 27 by terryb

Sorry, but I don't really know what the problem is.

Some of you rate Morrison & would love him to sign.

On the other hand, I don't particulary rate him & would much prefer him not to return. I would put Chery in the maverick category before him.

Just my opinion & you are entitled to yours!

I also think there is a long way to go before he is offered a contract. That would be a hell of an impression for him to make over a short period before the Tuesday deadline. It could be that Rangers, like Wigan, decline to make that offer.

I will still go to Rangers if we sign him & I would be pleased if he was a sucess. I would also be quite surprised if that was the case!

Might as well shut the forum down lads.
Morrison on 13:21 - Jan 27 with 2960 viewsmcqpr10

I'm sure i heard on one of the podcasts that Kevin Gallen was on with Jimmy Bullard that he was far from professional during his last spell with us. Late and often missing from training. Maybe why he was dropped at the end of his loan period?
Morrison on 13:28 - Jan 27 with 2892 viewsR_from_afar

Morrison on 10:48 - Jan 27 by DannyPaddox

JesteÅ› skrÄ™canie mój melon czÅ‚owiek
"My Hovercraft is full of eels"

Now you're being silly. He will obviously converse with Wszolek in Italian, having spent his spare time at Lazio studying medieval Italian love poetry. Tsk.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Morrison on 13:35 - Jan 27 with 2836 viewsrobith

Still a no from me.

Nothing to do with his ability - though I'd question the large tracts of time without playing - he is a Bad Human Being
Morrison on 14:18 - Jan 27 with 2702 viewsWadR

There's a difference between being flawed, like a Stan Bowles or even Adel Taarabt, and having admitted to witness intimidation and a history of alleged physical violence towards women.

For all his ability, I would hate to see him back here.
Morrison on 14:25 - Jan 27 with 2667 viewskingsburyR

A Yes from me.....

https://memecrunch.com/meme/1PN4M/brap-brap/image.png?w=500&c=1

Sod knows how to paste images up (I know I have been told before!!)
[Post edited 27 Jan 2017 14:40]

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Morrison on 15:37 - Jan 27 with 5893 viewsPommyhoop

F''' Yeah .
from me

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Morrison on 15:48 - Jan 27 with 5846 viewsqpr1976

Relax everyone. He's only in town to be inducted into ForeverR's this weekend !
Morrison on 15:57 - Jan 27 with 5786 viewstimcocking

I'd love Ravel back if the contract is a sensible one. A class above any of our current lot without doubt.
Morrison on 16:32 - Jan 27 with 5658 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Morrison on 15:48 - Jan 27 by qpr1976

Relax everyone. He's only in town to be inducted into ForeverR's this weekend !

Silly, childish and disrespectful.

That said, it appealed to me and resulted in a gentle chuckle.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Morrison on 18:03 - Jan 27 with 5475 viewsDejR_vu

Not sure how anyone can turn their nose up at Morrison. Given the financial constraints we're working under we're hardly overrun with massively talented players. He may be a gamble but if we can't gamble on him we may as well give up. Does he have the potential to be better than anything we've got? Upgrade on Chery imo.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024