Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Morrison 15:16 - Jan 16 with 36483 viewsHoopsarrr

According to the bookies, we're now 4/6 to bring in Morrison. Successful window if we managed Freedman, Ward and Morrison.
Morrison on 13:31 - Jan 17 with 4432 viewsHoopsarrr

Morrison on 09:51 - Jan 17 by Jamie

Struggle with Morrison for the sole reason that he's never going to sort his life out.

Bombed out at United, people said he would get it and change. Bombed out at West Ham, people said he would get it and change. Bombed out at QPR, people said he would get it and change. Bombed out at Lazio, people said he would get it and change. Failed to get a contract at Wigan, under his former coach, people think on a short term deal here, he will get it and change.

At some point you have to accept that he genuinely is a braindead prick who is never going to sort his life and career out.

He wasn't after a deal at Wigan. He was just training with his former coach who was at United with him. Explain how he bombed with us? Pretty sure his goals are what got us into the playoffs.
Morrison on 13:35 - Jan 17 with 4408 viewsJamieNaz

Lad's a bit odd.

Still apparently subsists on a diet of Lucozade and Mars bars.
Morrison on 14:31 - Jan 17 with 4289 viewsLblock

I know you shouldn't really expect the Agent to look after the players best interests but still, in my prosiac world, I'd say that Lazio move was only good for one person and their bank account in particular

Candle Face may have dropped him -- official reason was he had a groin injury.
There was no issue with his sttitue leading to him dropping to the bench and I'll leave you to debate why Candle Face opted for Niko Fatjcar and his dandy silky wide arse instead.
In fact, after being told he was on the bench, the only dissent Ravel showed was a "sad face" emoji on his twitter account.....what a brat....really?

Comparing Ravel to Sandro is a bit rich, in fact they are on different portals.
Ravel's biggest comparisson would be Adel and I just have a feeling the penny would drop with Ravel but never would with Adel. I'm sure if he came here and we got the right blend around him he'd pull up trees and then this time next year I can see the forces of dark evil (his Agent) making waves for a move to the Premiershit. That's life.

Really hope this happens

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Morrison on 17:25 - Jan 17 with 4105 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Morrison on 13:15 - Jan 17 by Jamie

You must've forgotten the promotion season then where Redknapp had dropped Morrison out of the starting team before the playoffs and out of the squad entirely for Wembley.

We had the option to sign him for an insignificant fee that summer and didn't enforce it as Aret didn't want him.

He has been training at Wigan under Joyce with an eye to going there and playing under his biggest supporter, however he's not been offered a deal, which speaks wonders.

Not sure what relevance his ability has as he is never going to realise it, same as Taarabt before him who is now in exile in a team of 18-21 year olds, paraded around Portugal like the elephant man as a lesson to others about how it can all go so wrong.

Whilst the club are hardly in position to turn away players, ridding the club of one cnt in Sandro to replace him with one twice the size in Morrison is rather counterintuitive.

Morrison had been suffering with a rucurrent groin injury, which he later revealed could have been fixed with a simple operation but he was too scared of going under the knife to get it done. That's why he wasn't playing as much late in the season.

He was on the bench at Wembley and Harry planned to bring him on for the last 20 minutes, but when O'Neil got sent off that fkked that up. So no, he wasn't bombed out at all by us.
Morrison on 18:54 - Jan 17 with 3988 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Morrison on 21:01 - Jan 16 by Hoop_Du_Jour

Yeah, I know where all the nay sayers are coming from, but what gets me is that everyone thinks that he was blown out before the play off final. He had a groin injury that prevented him playing the full 90 mins so he was due on for the last 20 mins. That was until O'Neil got sent off and defence was far more important, rightly so too. Give the bloke a chance, at the right price though!

Very good point re Play-off Final.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Morrison on 19:48 - Jan 17 with 3898 viewsFredManRave

Just seen arriving at the club with his personal trainer;

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Morrison on 20:15 - Jan 17 with 3839 viewsFDC

Has anyone actually seen this rumoured anywhere, other than bookies odds?
Morrison on 20:49 - Jan 17 with 3760 viewsDannytheR

Be interesting to know what a few of Ravel's biggest fans here would think of a lad of his background with a record for witness intimidation, advised by a court to undergo domestic violence counselling, if he didn't happen to be good with a football.
Login to get fewer ads

Morrison on 20:59 - Jan 17 with 3722 viewsconnell10

I loved watching him play last time he was here!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Morrison on 21:34 - Jan 17 with 3629 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Morrison on 20:49 - Jan 17 by DannytheR

Be interesting to know what a few of Ravel's biggest fans here would think of a lad of his background with a record for witness intimidation, advised by a court to undergo domestic violence counselling, if he didn't happen to be good with a football.

He was 16 when arrested and charged with witness intimidation. I believe he'd be in prison now, probably serving a life sentence, if he couldn't kick a ball a bit. Football is his wagon and if he'd fallen off it back then we'd not be discussing him now.

I don't know him personally and for all I know he could well be an utter cnt, but that's not for me to judge, I'm not the one hiring for our club.

From what I know, which is limited to his football ability and the fact he's not made any headline news for criminal behaviour in the last few years, I'd take him on.
Morrison on 21:39 - Jan 17 with 3609 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

How has he played at Lazio out of curiosity ?
Morrison on 21:46 - Jan 17 with 3583 viewsTacticalR

Morrison on 21:39 - Jan 17 by BazzaInTheLoft

How has he played at Lazio out of curiosity ?

Played 4 games in 18 months.

Air hostess clique

Morrison on 21:49 - Jan 17 with 3571 viewstimcocking

Morrison on 21:02 - Jan 16 by FDC

My post was a joke; a response to the Jim Morrison picture

Although yeah, he probably would be a negative influence

Obviously i realised the people are strange bit. Got every Doors record you can get, read pretty much every book, i love the Doors, coolest band in history. Jim Morrison is the Daddy.

It's just i keep hearing how disruptive and horrible he is, and i'm not sure how true that is. It might be, but the media say what they want. I doubt they'd describe me in particularly glowing terms. None of you have a clue what he is like. I look at what Ravel did previously with us; he was superb, a class above, and his behaviour was fine. Assuming we could get a contract which suits QPR, i'd be delighted.
Morrison on 21:49 - Jan 17 with 3569 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Morrison on 21:46 - Jan 17 by TacticalR

Played 4 games in 18 months.

Ta.
Morrison on 22:23 - Jan 17 with 3502 viewsLblock

Morrison on 20:49 - Jan 17 by DannytheR

Shit your right.

He's to be written off, no good chav.
Had too many chances etc. etc. etc.

Okay - you're right, if it was some kid with nothing going for him and he was out there being a "man dem" and engaging in "pure fire madness bwoy" I'd not give him a second's thought.
But he's not - he's got a connection to me via QPR so I take notice and make comment.

It's the same for two of my nephews.
Hideous swines they are and if they had no connection to me I wouldn't give them the time of day but I'm linked. I tell them every time I see them what wasters and no good's they are and I've said to them they've used up all their chances bar one now - their last one.

Hope that's honest enough for you.

Despite all that --- and back to my standpoint, I really think he can bring more than a little something to QPR and under Ollie and Les I think he could flourish as a player and as a person.
If not.... see ya.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Morrison on 23:13 - Jan 17 with 3421 viewsPunteR

I've got mixed feelings on this. He's got a terrible reputation off the pitch but the lad is a fantastic footballer. He's exactly the type of flair player we love at QPR.
If he was a consummate professional off the pitch he would be playing premiership football. But he's not, so we have the chance to sign him.
Is his bad attitude going to have a negative effect on the rest of what is now looking a young team.?
Only Ollie and Les will know if they can keep him in check.
Only 22 years old,still has a lot to learn.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2017 23:24]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Morrison on 23:22 - Jan 17 with 3393 viewsDannyPaddox

Morrison on 21:49 - Jan 17 by timcocking

Obviously i realised the people are strange bit. Got every Doors record you can get, read pretty much every book, i love the Doors, coolest band in history. Jim Morrison is the Daddy.

It's just i keep hearing how disruptive and horrible he is, and i'm not sure how true that is. It might be, but the media say what they want. I doubt they'd describe me in particularly glowing terms. None of you have a clue what he is like. I look at what Ravel did previously with us; he was superb, a class above, and his behaviour was fine. Assuming we could get a contract which suits QPR, i'd be delighted.

Ps: Ravel impressed me last time around so its a yes please indeed but get him on the yoga.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2017 23:33]
Morrison on 23:31 - Jan 17 with 3370 viewsqueensparker

I don't know if it's just age and kids but I don't remember him being *that* good when we had him. Better than the likes of Doyle and Maiga yes, but not in the "get him back at all costs bloke's a future ledge" category.

But that whole season plays tricks on the memory, nobody seems to remember that we broke all club 125 year records for the most consecutive clean sheets ever either cos it fits with the whole Green was a clown and Arry a clueless spiv legend (not that I don't have some sympathy with that point of view)
Morrison on 23:39 - Jan 17 with 3349 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Morrison on 23:31 - Jan 17 by queensparker

I don't know if it's just age and kids but I don't remember him being *that* good when we had him. Better than the likes of Doyle and Maiga yes, but not in the "get him back at all costs bloke's a future ledge" category.

But that whole season plays tricks on the memory, nobody seems to remember that we broke all club 125 year records for the most consecutive clean sheets ever either cos it fits with the whole Green was a clown and Arry a clueless spiv legend (not that I don't have some sympathy with that point of view)

I had this exact thought.

15 appearances. Some goals but a lot of disappearing.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2017 23:41]
Morrison on 01:31 - Jan 18 with 3284 viewsderbyhoop

He comes from the wrong side of the tracks in Manchester. Bombed out of United (by Fergy), West Ham and now Lazio.

Could be a Stan but more likely to be a Leon Jeanne or a Nile Ranger.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Morrison on 03:34 - Jan 18 with 3256 viewsjonno

Agree - I don't recall him being particularly brilliant either. From his appearance stats for Lazio they seem to think the same.
Morrison on 05:43 - Jan 18 with 3183 viewsNorthernr

We started that season absolutely brilliantly, smashing the records as you say, looked like we were going to walk the league. Remeber Kranjcar v Boro and Millwall looking unplayable,. Remenber one game we strung 25 passes together in their half and nearly scored which almost brought the house down.

From Christmas onwards it was dire. Morrison I remember being brilliant against three poor sides - Birmingham, Boro and Yeovil - and a bit hit and miss the rest of the time.

Whole season changed on McClaren leaving.
Morrison on 06:40 - Jan 18 with 3142 viewsjonno

Morrison on 05:43 - Jan 18 by Northernr

We started that season absolutely brilliantly, smashing the records as you say, looked like we were going to walk the league. Remeber Kranjcar v Boro and Millwall looking unplayable,. Remenber one game we strung 25 passes together in their half and nearly scored which almost brought the house down.

From Christmas onwards it was dire. Morrison I remember being brilliant against three poor sides - Birmingham, Boro and Yeovil - and a bit hit and miss the rest of the time.

Whole season changed on McClaren leaving.

That's it. Quite astonishing how we started to go backwards as soon as McClaren left.
Morrison on 08:13 - Jan 18 with 3046 viewshoopdog

Morrison on 03:34 - Jan 18 by jonno

Agree - I don't recall him being particularly brilliant either. From his appearance stats for Lazio they seem to think the same.

He was ok no more than that ! A descent enough championship player is he worth the risk I don't know , only he knows that and ain't going tell anybody if he ain't
Morrison on 13:17 - Jan 18 with 2882 viewsR_from_afar

If you had to pay his transfer fee and wages with your own money, hypothetically, would you?

I wouldn't.

Bringing him back seems like a very high risk strategy and added to that, if he is the best our back room brains trust can come up with, I am worried.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024